Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

Help! I Receive Someone Else's Bank Alerts - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help! I Receive Someone Else's Bank Alerts (5051 Views)

Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 / Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 / Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! I Receive Someone Else's Bank Alerts by Nobody: 11:17am On Sep 03, 2015
Goodday fellow 'Nairalanders'. I'v written this to seek for your sincere advice.
It's been roughly 5yrs now that i got my AIRTEL line; I opened the line as new and subsequently registered it with my personal details. However, a week didnt go afterwards before i started receiving this ECOBANK alarts via the same line. Within the space of a week, i'd received upto eight alarts. This disturbed me a while but not quite long, i got over it as the alarts were no longer forthcoming.

About a month later, it resumed but not as before - I got credit and debit alarts at no time interval and virtually on monthly basis. With this i presumed that the account was likely a business account or a 'parent-schooling-child account' because the range of deposits and withdrawers never exceed 100k. And this went on for closely 2yrs then later stopped.

At some points i thought of reporting the issue at any Ecobank branch but each time i tried, either of my finacial strenght to reach the nearer branch (to and fro cost 500) or some other contrains would definitely stalled it. Most noticeably, it often bounce on me that if it'd been a major thing, the account owner should have done something to 'normalise' the 'inapproprietness'. So basically, this has been my stand until this morning when i received another one notifying me of the bank's 'short service code' should i want to 'top-up' my phone through my bank account; and ofcourse, this doen't require additional efforts for clarification of account ownership. It's perhalps believed that since the 'directive' is from the phone number attached to the account, the command is granted and you have your line 'top-up'. And thanks to the fact that the last deposit has not been withdrawn - about 100k as usual is still lodged in the account.

My concern now is that now that the alternative platform to make use of 'your' bank money vire simple short service code is been launched and here i am with another person's 'password', wont i get indicted and trailed if anything against the acct owner's wishes happens to the money in savings

I found this very bordensome and resolved to share it with you. Advice pls.

Seun, ishilove, lalasticlala, naijacutee, FOD, Pusskin pls help place this in appropriate section and give it a wider publicity. Na be i dey beg
Re: Help! I Receive Someone Else's Bank Alerts by Nobody: 11:21am On Sep 03, 2015
I will advice you to report to the nearest Ecobank ASAP. You've held on long enough for over 2 years, but now i can see the devil knocking the door of your heart to do a bad thing. Dont give him the chance bro... And you are even saying 'Thanks to the fact that the 100K is still in the account', WAIT, what are you thankful for exactly?! Hmmmm! Say to your self 7 times, 'Devil, you are a liar, get thee behind me!!!'......... DO THE RIGHT THING! The change we clamour for begins with us!........... Shalom!

5 Likes

Re: Help! I Receive Someone Else's Bank Alerts by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:26am On Sep 03, 2015
In my opinion, I think the account holder filled the wrong mobile number, which happened to be yours in his/her application forms hence the alerts you receive.

If you have the time and means, go to your bank and drop your complaint.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Receive Someone Else's Bank Alerts by jumper524(m): 11:30am On Sep 03, 2015
when u top up ur airtym pls transfer small 4 me. here's my airtel number 09023243226
Re: Help! I Receive Someone Else's Bank Alerts by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:32am On Sep 03, 2015
Ridhwan1:

My concern now is that now that the alternative platform to make use of 'your' bank money vire simple short service code is been launched and here i am with another person's 'password', wont i get indicted and trailed if anything against the acct owner's wishes happens to the money in savings

Of course you would be tracked, all thanks to BVN. No hiding place for you.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Receive Someone Else's Bank Alerts by Nobody: 11:32am On Sep 03, 2015
ferhyntorlah:
In my opinion, I think the account holder filled the wrong mobile number, which happened to be yours in his/her application forms hence the alerts you receive.

If you have the time and means, go to your bank and drop your complaint.
......... I dont think the account owner could have filled in a wrong phone number in a sensitive form as that, what i feel is that the account owner lost his/her Phone/Sim and didn't retrieved it before our dear brother here bought the recycled SIM! My thoughts!

1 Like

Re: Help! I Receive Someone Else's Bank Alerts by Nobody: 11:35am On Sep 03, 2015
jumper524:
when u top up ur airtym pls transfer small 4 me. here's my airtel number 09023243226
......... You wan become partner in crime abi!? People should be careful of what they take as joke sometimes, i only hope that this is not your REAL number or else, na you and Diezani (if found guilty) go dey gist for cell o!

1 Like

Re: Help! I Receive Someone Else's Bank Alerts by Nobody: 11:36am On Sep 03, 2015
jumper524:

really? Haven't you heard about 'CHANGE'
I consider this as mere joke tho
pls holla me whn yu've got somethin worthwhile to tell.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Receive Someone Else's Bank Alerts by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:38am On Sep 03, 2015
modelmike7:
......... I dont think the account owner could have filled in a wrong phone number in a sensitive form as that, what i feel is that the account owner lost his/her Phone/Sim and didn't retrieved it before our dear brother here bought the recycled SIM! My thoughts!

Yeah I agree with you but the account holder must be one careless fellow for not updating his account with his latest number.

When I changed SIM, I had to update my account with my new number.
Re: Help! I Receive Someone Else's Bank Alerts by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:39am On Sep 03, 2015
modelmike7:
......... You wan become partner in crime abi!? People should be careful of what they take as joke sometimes, i only hope that this is not your REAL number or else, na you and Diezani (if found guilty) go dey gist for cell o!

You dey mind am?

1 Like

Re: Help! I Receive Someone Else's Bank Alerts by Nobody: 11:42am On Sep 03, 2015
modelmike7:

You nail it bro...
pls tell them ooo
i enter here for mature advice and not for instigation for something improper...
Re: Help! I Receive Someone Else's Bank Alerts by Nobody: 11:44am On Sep 03, 2015
ferhyntorlah:

Yeah I agree with you but the account holder must be one careless fellow for not updating his account with his latest number.

When I changed SIM, I had to update my account with my new number.
......... You are absolutely right sis..... That is the most sensible thing to do.
Re: Help! I Receive Someone Else's Bank Alerts by Nobody: 11:47am On Sep 03, 2015
Ridhwan1:

You nail it bro...
pls tell them ooo
i enter here for mature advice and not for instigation for something improper...
......... Good, you are on the right track then, i am sure more mature and sensible people will still come to give you their mature opinion, at the same time, do expect some immature and childlish responses also, na Nairaland we dey, the land where everything and anything goes......... Shalom!
Re: Help! I Receive Someone Else's Bank Alerts by Nobody: 11:48am On Sep 03, 2015
ferhyntorlah:

Of course you would be tracked, all thanks to BVN. No hiding place for you.

Truth!
#heading to ECOBANK straight away
#gracia

1 Like

Re: Help! I Receive Someone Else's Bank Alerts by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:50am On Sep 03, 2015
Ridhwan1:

Truth! #heading to ECOBANK straight away #gracia
GOD bless you really good for doing this.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Receive Someone Else's Bank Alerts by jumper524(m): 11:50am On Sep 03, 2015
modelmike7:
hey an not joking and thats my real number 4 ur info
Re: Help! I Receive Someone Else's Bank Alerts by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:51am On Sep 03, 2015
modelmike7:
......... Good, you are on the right track then, i am sure more mature and sensible people will still come to give you their mature opinion, at the same time, do expect some immature and childlish responses also, na Nairaland we dey, the land where everything and anything goes......... Shalom!

Too many Indomie kids here, taking serious and sensitive matters as jokes.
Re: Help! I Receive Someone Else's Bank Alerts by jumper524(m): 11:54am On Sep 03, 2015
Ridhwan1:

Truth!
#gracia
don't listen to them the bank sent u the message nd its nt ur fault if u take out of it. Who knows it might be a gift from a ghost

1 Like

Re: Help! I Receive Someone Else's Bank Alerts by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:58am On Sep 03, 2015
jumper524:
don't listen to them the bank sent u the message nd its nt ur fault if u take out of it. Who knows it might be a gift from a ghost

Phahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Phahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Phahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Re: Help! I Receive Someone Else's Bank Alerts by Nobody: 12:02pm On Sep 03, 2015
jumper524:
hey an not joking and thats my real number 4 ur info
......... Okay now!
Re: Help! I Receive Someone Else's Bank Alerts by jumper524(m): 12:03pm On Sep 03, 2015
ferhyntorlah:

Phahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Phahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Phahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
dnt just laff get me my own share.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Receive Someone Else's Bank Alerts by Nobody: 12:07pm On Sep 03, 2015
modelmike7:

in fact with you and other like minds's opinions i'v got so far...bro, it's enough for me to take wise step...#heading on to ECOBANK today.

As for the 'WONDERland' we call nairaland, the forum is synonymous to physical society where you're bound to live with both the fools and the wise ones! The choice of association is solely yours at the end!
#Gracia
Re: Help! I Receive Someone Else's Bank Alerts by Nobody: 12:08pm On Sep 03, 2015
Ridhwan1:

Truth!
#gracia
......... Good people......... Great Nation!
Re: Help! I Receive Someone Else's Bank Alerts by Nobody: 12:12pm On Sep 03, 2015
jumper524:
......... Jumper! Chai!!

1 Like

Re: Help! I Receive Someone Else's Bank Alerts by Nobody: 12:15pm On Sep 03, 2015
Ridhwan1:

in fact with you and other like minds's opinions i'v got so far...bro, it's enough for me to take wise step...#heading on to ECOBANK today.

As for the 'WONDERland' we call nairaland, the forum is synonymous to physical society where you're bound to live with both the fools and the wise ones! The choice of association is solely yours at the end!
#Gracia
......... You welcome. I'm glad i am able to be of help. God bless.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Receive Someone Else's Bank Alerts by Nobody: 12:22pm On Sep 03, 2015
jumper524:

hmmmm and you could be right in ur foolish imagination...In fact, this ur egoism reminds me of wht my tutor back then in computer school told me about the functions of 'jumpers'...u want to knw

#continue trailling this trend
Re: Help! I Receive Someone Else's Bank Alerts by Sharon6(f): 11:27am On Sep 04, 2015
Go to Ecobank, ask for their customer service desk and explain everything to them just as you explained to us here.

CHECK MY SIGNATURE, GIVE YOUR SKIN A TREAT.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Receive Someone Else's Bank Alerts by Nobody: 1:43pm On Sep 05, 2015
Modelmike7
ferhyntorlar
jumper542
sharon6
#others
Goodday my fellow well-wishers.cheesycheesycheesy
I have come with the report of my 'trip' to the bank.
This's likely going to shock you as my expectation and yours as well was met with great disappointment! Did i just say 'disappointm...' Well, It could mean something else to you after reading this:/

As i promised to be at the bank on thursday, I was there but the crowd i met could not afford me the upportunity to ear my complaint at the costomer service desks. The crowd was quite enomous! Having waited for closely 1 hr for the complainants to debase, i decided to leave following an urgent call i received from my brother. I promised to be back if time still permits or if not then the following day (i.e friday). I later could not make it as it'd passed 4pm before i regained the privilege.

I went there on friday early morning and this time around, i didnt border myself goin to the young woman at the Costomer complaint desk, she looked trubled so i went straight to this 'calmed' brother. ' good morning sir, sir, i have come to lodge an observation with you; I dont have account with you people but there's been this account whose alerts i receive each time the owner transacts through it.'' On hearing this, he shocked and hastily directed me to the same lady i earlier looked aside. I defied the queue and this convo erupt; "weldone ma, i receive ecobank alerts when i dont have account with you pple" I said "delete it when next you see it'' was the shock reply she gave. 'Ma, I dont believe you understand what i said'' i rephrased. ''thre's nothing I can do about it; at least from my end here. So pls next time you receive such alerts, simply delete them'' she said with traces of confirmation on her face. Now i discountinued the talk with her and move back to the previous brother. I told him what she said. The man looked disappointed but concealed it rapidly then took me to another costomers care manager. "This young man here said... bla...bla...bla'' he did the explanation this time. This new man shocked and linked the incident to what we'd insinuated here - that I might have bought a 'recycled' SIM card. He asked for latest sms i received frm ecobank. Note: transaction alerts on my phone were deleted couple of weeks ago. The ones that remain on my fone are the series notifications i receive within 2days, some calling on the account owner to show up for BVN enrolment b4 its deadline elapts, while others 'tempting' (lolz) me to 'top-up' my phone through the account. I showed him. He said there's nothing he could use to trace the account but next time i receive alerts I should 'kindly' visit them. He further said he's aware of my 'fear' but it's just unfortunate tht as things were now, he could not do anything. He thanked me sincerely and asked me to proceed on my daily endeavous.
While i was walking past the first woman, she called me and ask for my number on whose i receive the alerts. I gave it to her and she said ''Thanks''. Honourably i said ''you're welcome ma'' and i move on!

With this, i think i'v done something. However i wont mind if anyone could further advise me on what more i can do. Your sincere advice will be highly appreciated and taken to consideration. More so, im indebted to you, modelmike7, ferhyntorlah, 'insincere' jumper542, sharon6 et al. God bless ya for the pieces of advice.
#gracia
Re: Help! I Receive Someone Else's Bank Alerts by ferhyntorlah(f): 2:24pm On Sep 05, 2015
Ridhwan1, you did well.

In case you receive payment alert into the account, go back and show them. The payment details should assist them in locating the account holder. I could be wrong though.

Just my own view.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Receive Someone Else's Bank Alerts by Nobody: 4:08pm On Sep 05, 2015
Ridhwan1. I really commend you for taking that positive step. You have my respect. Do let them (the bank) be aware of the next cash alert you receive (even, if it is not that particular day), but don't delete it and make sure you show them any time you go to the bank. I noticed the lady at the bank told you to delete it anytime you get such alert and the other gentleman said the exact opposite, kindly adhere to what the man told you bro. So at this point, there is nothing to be done again that to wait for the next 'alert' and after that the bank will or should know what to do......... The only advise i will give you as a brother and a friend is not to let yourself be 'tempted' to do the 'Top-Up'! That is d 'koko!!'. . . . Good People. Great Nation!!!
Re: Help! I Receive Someone Else's Bank Alerts by Ramwab94(m): 2:36pm On Mar 14, 2016
And...ever since September 05, 2015, that's roughly 6months on the go, we haven't heard your analogy as pertained to the Unwanted Transaction Alert you are used to receiving from Eco..
Re: Help! I Receive Someone Else's Bank Alerts by debbydee(f): 4:29pm On Mar 14, 2016
OP i will advise you send Eco bank a mail for future reference.

(1) (Reply)

Union Bank Increased Salary Of Her Support (contract) Staff / Pls Who Has Got A Loan Through Opay App? / How To Get Client I'd From Bank Prepaid Card?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.