Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,523 members, 7,823,281 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

Job Interview :- Is This Scam Or What? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job Interview :- Is This Scam Or What? (854 Views)

Please Help Is This Scam Or Not / URGENT !!!!! Interview Is Slated For Today / Alert!!! Job Seekers Dont Fall For This Scam - Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Job Interview :- Is This Scam Or What? by sirnicson(m): 1:28pm On Sep 03, 2015
I got this text this morning, inviting me to a job interview tomorrow. I never applied for it o....but in the text it was stated I was invited due to referral, like someone referred me to them. I was still unsure, and I called the HR no included in the text, and a sweet female voice picked, sounding convincing about the name of the company I have never heard before, BGS....She was like, its like going to an interview and asking them what's the meaning of MTN? And that left me dumb and unsure if to attend or consider them SCAM.

HERE IS THE TEXT;
Sender: INTERVIEW
Content: Based on referrer, BGS invites you for aptitude text/job interview on 4/9/15 @161 Herbert Macaulay way, Adekunle (BRT) B/S yaba Lagos, 10am.HR/103/08180295718

Observations:
1. When I called at first, I heard voices of Children playing in the background, before she spoke. I thought it was Africa Magic or some nollywood movie like that.....then the call cut, and I called again, the voices disappeared.

2. The text looks strange and poorly written.

3. It is supposed to be "aptitude test" not "aptitude text" as written in the text.

4. Between yaba and Lagos, no punctuation.

5. Yaba is a name of a place (noun), it should start with a capital letter not "yaba" as written in the text.

Conclusion: This might just be typographical errors and maybe the job interview text is genuine. This one that I need job badly so....should I not try my luck? Nairalanders what's the way forward?
Re: Job Interview :- Is This Scam Or What? by correctyourself(m): 1:35pm On Sep 03, 2015
I received interview invitation from them few weeks ago, but I didn't attend because.
Re: Job Interview :- Is This Scam Or What? by correctyourself(m): 1:36pm On Sep 03, 2015
I received interview invitation from them few weeks ago, but I didn't attend because when I googled it the organization only exist abroad, and not in Nigeria.
Re: Job Interview :- Is This Scam Or What? by sirnicson(m): 1:37pm On Sep 03, 2015
Because?[b][/b]
Re: Job Interview :- Is This Scam Or What? by divinehand2003(m): 1:38pm On Sep 03, 2015
Any Oshiofree thing is scam until proven otherwise. Just ensure u don't pay for anything until u get the job and receive the first 3 months pay.
Re: Job Interview :- Is This Scam Or What? by sirnicson(m): 1:38pm On Sep 03, 2015
correctyourself:
I received interview invitation from them few weeks ago, but I didn't attend because when I googled it the organization only exist abroad, and not in Nigeria.

Ohhh....could they be an outreach, new branch or something close?
Re: Job Interview :- Is This Scam Or What? by DuchessLily(f): 1:39pm On Sep 03, 2015
If u have officers as friends or relation ( police or army officers), Go there with one or two of them( dressed like they came for the interview too). Dnt go alone!
Re: Job Interview :- Is This Scam Or What? by sirnicson(m): 1:41pm On Sep 03, 2015
divinehand2003:
Any Oshiofree thing is scam until proven otherwise. Just ensure u don't pay for anything until u get the job and receive the first 3 months pay.

[b][/b]make person no con waste transport...na em b d marra o shocked
Re: Job Interview :- Is This Scam Or What? by sirnicson(m): 1:43pm On Sep 03, 2015
DuchessLily:
If u have officers as friends or relation ( police or army officers), Go there with one or two of them( dressed like they came for the interview too). Dnt go alone!

Are u kidding me undecided
Re: Job Interview :- Is This Scam Or What? by biochea(m): 1:48pm On Sep 03, 2015
GOD is d way forward....pray to Him n follow ur hrt.
Re: Job Interview :- Is This Scam Or What? by exotiqueify(f): 2:07pm On Sep 03, 2015
Oga, once u see anything, HR/no/phone no.......they are scam I.e- Gnld.... they are well-versed in sending pple invite who never applied to them and poorly-versed in their use of English...they always change names but maintain d same address, just so u know.....On 2nd thought tho', u could go if u have d flair for marketing expired drugs/supplements....
Re: Job Interview :- Is This Scam Or What? by sirnicson(m): 2:23pm On Sep 03, 2015
exotiqueify:
Oga, once u see anything, HR/no/phone no.......they are scam I.e- Gnld.... they are well-versed in sending pple invite who never applied to them and poorly-versed in their use of English...they always change names but maintain d same address, just so u know.....On 2nd thought tho', u could go if u have d flair for marketing expired drugs....

LOL...WICKED grin

1 Like

Re: Job Interview :- Is This Scam Or What? by correctyourself(m): 2:41pm On Sep 03, 2015
sirnicson:

Ohhh....could they be an outreach, new branch or something close?

If at all your suggestions is correct, it should be for GNLD. Lolzz

(1) (Reply)

Massive Academic Staff Recruitment At The Federal University, Gashua / Job Vacancy At Data Flux Technologies / All Saints College Job Recruitment (7 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.