Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,301 members, 7,811,892 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:31 PM

‘british Worst Boxer’ Finally Gets A Win After 51 Losses In 9years - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / ‘british Worst Boxer’ Finally Gets A Win After 51 Losses In 9years (1762 Views)

Britain's worst Boxer, Robin Deakin Hangs His Gloves After A 12year Career. / Agege Soccer Temple Finally Gets Seal Of Approval From CAF / Ahmed Musa's Quick Brace Ends Leicester's 10 Away Games Without A Win (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘british Worst Boxer’ Finally Gets A Win After 51 Losses In 9years by dammybravo(m): 3:41pm On Sep 03, 2015
On personal opinion, this is an inspirational story. It tells you, no matter how many times you fall, its how you get up that matters, moreover practice makes perfect.

Robin Deakin is a british boxer, who is tagged ‘the worst boxer in the world’.

He’s currently 2-51 and has been so bad that he was stripped of his boxing license for his protection.

Deakin—who has been labeled “Britain’s Worst Boxer”—is equally the most resilient boxer in the world. Because while he lost 51 consecutive matches after winning his debut back in 2006, he’s never given up.

In fact, he was stabbed in the neck during an incident at a nightclub back in May, which, you know, would have been a pretty good reason to decide not to fight anymore. But he didn’t quit and, last Saturday night, he beat Deniss Kornilovs from Latvia. It ended his 51-match losing streak and believe it or not, he actually has some words for those that look down on him.

“I’m a fighter,” the 29-year-old said. “I’m going to fight my way back to the top. You’ll see. All those people that called me Britain’s worst boxer can eat their words. They just made me punch better.

“People saying I’m the worst made me stronger. I did everything different this time and worked my hardest—and it showed.”

http://www.dammydudu.com/2015/09/british-worst-boxer-finally-gets-a-win-after-51-losses-in-9years/
Re: ‘british Worst Boxer’ Finally Gets A Win After 51 Losses In 9years by Akfakorede(m): 3:46pm On Sep 03, 2015
congrats
Re: ‘british Worst Boxer’ Finally Gets A Win After 51 Losses In 9years by lordm(m): 5:41pm On Sep 03, 2015
Make klitcko catch u
Re: ‘british Worst Boxer’ Finally Gets A Win After 51 Losses In 9years by prelinctus: 7:10pm On Sep 03, 2015
Pics or ....
Re: ‘british Worst Boxer’ Finally Gets A Win After 51 Losses In 9years by blackmartial(m): 2:31am On Sep 04, 2015
At last he's found someone he can trash. Congrats keep it up.
Re: ‘british Worst Boxer’ Finally Gets A Win After 51 Losses In 9years by Nobody: 7:56am On Mar 20, 2018
Ironically, his losses made him more money than his victories would’ve.
He was sought after by managers to improve the records of boxers that they promote.

New pros who fought in the olympics, world amateur boxing championship would normally fight people like him for experience and to improve their pro records.

Those boxers who eventually have records such as 20-0 would’ve started their ring experiences with people like Deakin. He would be only there to stress, stretch and torment the young fighters and then get paid for his bruises and efforts. He wouldn’t have been relevant if he had won half of the fights. Even on his good days, the referee would still raise the hand of his opponent.

I bet some people would’ve lost heavily on his last fight. He would be expected to lose as usual and lots of people might have staked heavily hoping for a loss.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

RIO Olympics: Nigerian Boxer Knocks Out Opponent In 23 Seconds-pix / Madrid Risk Paying Price For Not Replacing Morata / Tottenham Manager Attempted To Sign Me – Ogenyi Onazi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.