Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Obama Bows And Kisses The Hand Of Saudi King At G20 Summit - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Obama Bows And Kisses The Hand Of Saudi King At G20 Summit (19951 Views)

Mugabe Blasts Nigeria At AU Summit For “Betraying” Africa / Vladimir Putin Shakes Hands With Cameron And Obama At G20 Summit (video) / First Wives Of The G20 Summit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama Bows And Kisses The Hand Of Saudi King At G20 Summit by debosky(m): 9:21pm On Apr 03, 2009
Where is the hero worship in my post?  

I have simply said it is a non-issue for me. Perhaps not explicitly stated, I implied that his understanding may be wrong by saying
debosky:

I don't think there is anything disgraceful in that - he was simply observing cultural norms as he understood them.

I think you are going over the top on this. Is Obama's quality of leadership as a black man now being measured by how he greets  

How many US presidents got blow jobs in the White House? Is Clinton's action now a reflection of 'white leadership'?  undecided He may have made a mistake or maybe he was over enthusiastic, but if it was 'wrong' we would have heard a lot more about it than we have now.

tpia:

And yes, this is the kind of black leadership that's brought Africa to her knees on the world stage.

He didnt need to bow and kiss the monarch. As simple as that. He's the president and so far no one has provided a picture of any other US president doing it.

He didn't need to do anything, heck he didn't even need to do more than shake hands, neither did he need to pat Gordon Brown on the back dozens of times. It is a non-issue to me

If you feel that greeting is what you will use to judge Obama's leadership, not his stimulus package for the US, not his attempts to improve relations with the outside world or reshaping the banking system or fixing healthcare or renewable power, but greeting, then that's your decision to take.

I don't see this as a big deal, simply something for people to chatter on about.

tpia:

cant say I blame him. I wouldnt want everyone slobbering over my hand either. Especially all the hero hungry, worship prone blacks. undecided
You have serious issues my dear. What kind of 'hero' would a Saudi 'monarch' be to Obama? Is Obama looking up to the King's bigger beard? grin
Re: Obama Bows And Kisses The Hand Of Saudi King At G20 Summit by Dammyray(m): 9:23pm On Apr 03, 2009
religious dosent av anyting to do with this Obama is a knows what is doing on oil and dont bomb us stuff am out
Re: Obama Bows And Kisses The Hand Of Saudi King At G20 Summit by MrCrackles(m): 9:25pm On Apr 03, 2009
davidylan:

The same muslims who make no bones about turning the world into a caliphate and the rest of us mere dhimmi's talking about "degrading" behaviour? What next?

Can you just shut the flying fuc.k up and stop making a fool of yourself!

Must you carry religious sentiments everywhere you go?!

Na wa for you sef!
Re: Obama Bows And Kisses The Hand Of Saudi King At G20 Summit by tpia: 9:26pm On Apr 03, 2009
Re: Obama Bows And Kisses The Hand Of Saudi King At G20 Summit by debosky(m): 9:32pm On Apr 03, 2009
Read posts in context? cheesy

Obama is black, and he kissed the King's hand, who you implied was protecting himself from hero hungry, worship prone blacks, a group Obama is apparently a member of no? Please identify any 'out-of-context' interpretations above.

tpia:

Obama wasnt president in 2005 when the monarch forbade hand kissing.
Where did I allude he was?

Besides, if kissing parents' hands are allowed, then Obama was rightly showing respect. At 86, Abdullah is definitely old enough to be his father. grin
Re: Obama Bows And Kisses The Hand Of Saudi King At G20 Summit by tpia: 9:57pm On Apr 03, 2009
Re: Obama Bows And Kisses The Hand Of Saudi King At G20 Summit by debosky(m): 10:09pm On Apr 03, 2009
Re: Obama Bows And Kisses The Hand Of Saudi King At G20 Summit by ElRazur: 10:25pm On Apr 03, 2009
For what it is worth, Obama is not a black person. Calling him a black person is an insult to his White heritage. He is more or less a new generation of African-American. He is not a black man.

I just thought, I should point this out. I expect a few people to go crazy over this, but I stand by my point. smiley
Re: Obama Bows And Kisses The Hand Of Saudi King At G20 Summit by tpia: 10:39pm On Apr 03, 2009
Re: Obama Bows And Kisses The Hand Of Saudi King At G20 Summit by Nobody: 5:10am On Apr 04, 2009
This is no different from the way he would have bowed to the pope . . . The King of Saudi Arabia is not just a head of state, he is similar to the pope as the head of over 1 billion muslims . . . if Obama had snubbed the king we'd have these pages filled with frothing muslims crying blue murder.

more and more, everyday, your colossal, malignant  ignorance keeps coming to the fore. . .from what website did you glean that particular bit of hogwash?

The same muslims who make no bones about turning the world into a caliphate and the rest of us mere dhimmi's talking about "degrading" behaviour? What next?

one moment, the king of saudi arabia is the head of all muslims, the next , muslims want to turn the world into a caliphate. dawoda nackson , confusionist extraordinaire! nobody does it better tongue
Re: Obama Bows And Kisses The Hand Of Saudi King At G20 Summit by ElRazur: 7:57am On Apr 04, 2009
tpia:

do you need help searching for the threads discussing Obama's race?

Just because there may be thousands of threads on it already do not mean I shouldn't mention it when needed. It was mentioned to clear up what I perceive as a common misconception in this thread. I hope that is okay with you dawg? **tries not to roll eyes**
Re: Obama Bows And Kisses The Hand Of Saudi King At G20 Summit by Nobody: 11:56am On Apr 04, 2009
@Ibime

lol, in one vein you use abusive language to make your point and the with the other you employ vocabulary that is not a day-to-day norm to trumpet your insecurity of language expression.

I reiterate my main point that Obama is deceptive. Am I to support someone just because he is black or mixed race to consolidate my vindictive sentiments against whites.

I will support any black man for leadership, one such example is Alan Keynes, a man of christian principles, integrity and honesty. You will always know who the true men are when they are suppressed, arrested or even put out of action.

Obama won the election because he is one of them. He says he is a Christian but supports the worst kind of abortion, supports terrorist organizations like Hamas and thinks that the Islamic prayer is one of the most beautiful sounds on earth. I have nothing against people who are Muslims except that they are deceptive and encouraged to be so especially in the deceit of infidels like you. Obama is a Muslim by birth and still has soft affiliation for the religion , one which he has more regard for than Christianity.

I am one of those few blacks who will never sell my conscience for the sake of so called blackness.
Re: Obama Bows And Kisses The Hand Of Saudi King At G20 Summit by adconline(m): 5:01pm On Apr 04, 2009
tpia
the black man's burden.

Does anyone have a photo of George Bush, Bill Clinton or any western leader bowing kissing the Saudi leader's hand?

Kindly post it if you do.

The Bin Ladens were  allowed to fly on US airspace a day after 9-11 when all  flight operation were suspended. They were given a pass to leave the country even when no other flights were allowed. It may also surprise you to hear that  King of Jordan had to personally drive  candidate Obama to the airport when he visited him in the course of his campaign. i wonder what we make of this gesture given his muslim "background"
Is it OK to bow before the Queen?
Re: Obama Bows And Kisses The Hand Of Saudi King At G20 Summit by Pataki: 5:50pm On Apr 04, 2009
Whether he bowed and kissed the ring was wrong or right, what can be deduced is that, he is a man of humility, which was quite glaring.

Whoever feels dissatisfied about his actions, can go hang themselves. cheesy
Re: Obama Bows And Kisses The Hand Of Saudi King At G20 Summit by Skywalker5(m): 6:01pm On Apr 04, 2009
Some people would just post news and start talking bullshit.
Re: Obama Bows And Kisses The Hand Of Saudi King At G20 Summit by tpia: 1:12am On Apr 05, 2009
Re: Obama Bows And Kisses The Hand Of Saudi King At G20 Summit by idupaul: 1:16am On Apr 05, 2009
no leader of a sovereign state should kiss the ring of another leader in the 21st century esp nt in public
Re: Obama Bows And Kisses The Hand Of Saudi King At G20 Summit by dayokanu(m): 5:06am On Apr 05, 2009
If Obama bowed to the queen of England then why cant he do this to the King of Saudi.

If Obama would bow to the Pope why not to Abdullah?
Re: Obama Bows And Kisses The Hand Of Saudi King At G20 Summit by muhsin(m): 11:50am On Apr 05, 2009
I found going through this post a waste of time. Yet I did it. Irony, right?
Re: Obama Bows And Kisses The Hand Of Saudi King At G20 Summit by vanitty: 12:29pm On Apr 05, 2009
As much as I love Obama and his gorgeous smile , I got to admit that he gaffed.
The fact that he bowed to him(the king) when it wasn’t the protocol shows the world that he is inferior to the King. I am pretty sure that that is not what he intended to happen but that is the way it seems
Poor man he is obviously a rookie at this sort of thing or maybe he is trying to make a statement who knows
Re: Obama Bows And Kisses The Hand Of Saudi King At G20 Summit by TOYOSI20(f): 3:23am On Apr 06, 2009
He bowed and kissed the hand of the King so what?? undecided

He paid homage, do u not act like a Roman, when in Rome, ??, people need to get over it already jare!! angry angry
Re: Obama Bows And Kisses The Hand Of Saudi King At G20 Summit by adconline(m): 5:05am On Apr 06, 2009
what does Sept 11 have to do with this matter?
Just to remind you that  a previous admin  compromised US national security interest, while you are saying that Obama should have not bowed before a Saudi King. You just reminded me of a FOX news reporter who called the Chinese communist becuase their Premier said something about US dollar, but the same reporter never questioned George Bush when he was selling US treasury bills to the same Chinese in order to finance the war in Iraq

The Saudi king doesnt want people kissing his hand. Obama kissed his hand and bowed when he didnt need to shouldnt have.
Did Saudi King  complain about Obama's action? Just a bunch of right wingers saying that Obama should not have done so  and  that his actions vindicate their long insistence that he's got deep "Muslim" ties.
Re: Obama Bows And Kisses The Hand Of Saudi King At G20 Summit by Nobody: 7:59am On Apr 06, 2009
tpia:

unless you have attention deficit disorder, try to understand what staying on topic means. Roll your eyes all you want if its helps your comprehension.

what does Sept 11 have to do with this matter?

The Saudi king doesnt want people kissing his hand. Obama kissed his hand and bowed when he didnt need to shouldnt have.

Do you need a kindergartner to spell out the implications for you?

Nigerians!!!!!!! Any wonder the country is upside down! The continent paa paa

The king of Jordan driving someone to the airport is the same thing as the king of Jordan bowing and kissing Obama's hand, right? Does his muslim background forbid him driving a car? .

If you meet the queen, you can bow and also prostrate for her unless she expressly tells you not to. You're not the president of anywhere. You can even kiss her feet sef if it will help with your visa.

Thought i was the only person that have been seeing nigeria in the upside down position. That makes tpia and I; naysayers.
Re: Obama Bows And Kisses The Hand Of Saudi King At G20 Summit by tpia: 8:06am On Apr 06, 2009
Re: Obama Bows And Kisses The Hand Of Saudi King At G20 Summit by Nobody: 8:16am On Apr 06, 2009
tpia:

nuzo: permanent naysayer on certain overbeaten topics

tpia: studies the situation before drawing conclusions, since nothing in this world is constant.

wink

One of your ill characteristics which is hypocrisy is the only problem nigeria has as a nation. cheesy
Re: Obama Bows And Kisses The Hand Of Saudi King At G20 Summit by tpia: 8:19am On Apr 06, 2009
Re: Obama Bows And Kisses The Hand Of Saudi King At G20 Summit by Skywalker5(m): 8:32am On Apr 06, 2009
Nairaland is filled with people who watch other people and find faults in them . whats wrong with that? He f--king respect the King. what were u expecting?The king should come and meet him and they shake hands like buddies.
Re: Obama Bows And Kisses The Hand Of Saudi King At G20 Summit by tpia: 8:36am On Apr 06, 2009
Re: Obama Bows And Kisses The Hand Of Saudi King At G20 Summit by Nobody: 8:39am On Apr 06, 2009
tpia:

I hit a nerve, I see!

Nigeria's problems arent so much hypocrisy (which you also abundantly possess btw cheesy) as the lack of vision typical of people like you. wink

No be only nerve you hit, you even hit bone. tongue

If at the age of 38, you still dont know that hypocrisy is one of the major ills tearing nigeria down; then am afraid for you.
Whichever way, i do not expect you to admit that hypocrisy doesnt do any good. wink
Re: Obama Bows And Kisses The Hand Of Saudi King At G20 Summit by tpia: 8:58am On Apr 06, 2009
Re: Obama Bows And Kisses The Hand Of Saudi King At G20 Summit by Nobody: 9:14am On Apr 06, 2009
tpia:

try again- call me whatever age you want, as long as you know you're out of order, I'm not fazed.

you for say 42.

At 42 and you still reason this way? shocked shocked
I honestly hope to meet you someday, so i can fully understand the motivation behind your warped reasoning every now and then.
Re: Obama Bows And Kisses The Hand Of Saudi King At G20 Summit by ElRazur: 10:12am On Apr 06, 2009
Quote from: tpia on Yesterday at 01:12:54 AM

unless you have attention deficit disorder, try to understand what staying on topic means. Roll your eyes all you want if its helps your comprehension.

You know that is a bit ironic. I pointed out what I perceive as a common misconception - which is relevant to the thread at hand. Yet, you are quick to bicker over this. You know, perhaps if you get off your high horse, things wont be dragged off topic like you appear to be keen on. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall / ISRAEL Warns UN Security Council Of Regional War If Hezbollah Is Not Disarmed. / Breaking News - Colonel Gaddafi Captured And Killed (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.