Stats: 3,152,380 members, 7,815,807 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Advice To All That Mtn Blocked There Numbers!! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Advice To All That Mtn Blocked There Numbers!! (10421 Views)

Who In Nairaland Receives That MTN Data Surprise Bonus? / How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times / This Is Why MTN Blocked The 15gig Freebies (2) (3) (4)

Advice To All That Mtn Blocked There Numbers!! by kazzonline: 9:49pm On Sep 03, 2015
Just a liltle piece of advice thou!!

I have seen pictures online of large crowd at vasrious mtn offices under the sun just because they want to re-register dia phone numbers.
Also i hav seen these my self as well at there akowonjo office, the crowd is crazy and dey keep dem locked outside for almost a day.

My 2cents: since the aim is not to loose the phone number most of ur contacts know u with,why dont they port there sims to other networks like etisalat,,glo and airtel and keep enjoying there old phone numbers but on new sims and networks,
And they can port back after 3 months specified by NCC if they are so addicted to mtn,these wud reduce the mad crowd and stress!!

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Advice To All That Mtn Blocked There Numbers!! by gmacnoms(m): 9:56pm On Sep 03, 2015
Nice one. But can an already blocked line b ported
Re: Advice To All That Mtn Blocked There Numbers!! by kazzonline: 10:04pm On Sep 03, 2015
gmacnoms:
Nice one. But can an already blocked line b ported

Well it depends sha!! That i didnt really giv a deep tot,but why not try it first?

Re: Advice To All That Mtn Blocked There Numbers!! by gmacnoms(m): 10:19pm On Sep 03, 2015
kazzonline:

Well it depends sha!! That i didnt really giv a deep tot,but why not try it first?
I dnt hav any relationship with mtn. I stay clear off dat sim since 2010

Re: Advice To All That Mtn Blocked There Numbers!! by ify84(m): 10:19pm On Sep 03, 2015
I went to Etisalat Today and de said a blocked line cannot be ported... Though porting takes few minutes to do, as d cc said..
Re: Advice To All That Mtn Blocked There Numbers!! by kazzonline: 10:35pm On Sep 03, 2015
Ok sir noted!!is is just a piece of advice i never said it was a definitive solutiion,i said it might be a possible solution

Re: Advice To All That Mtn Blocked There Numbers!! by Adatob(m): 1:27am On Sep 04, 2015
K
Re: Advice To All That Mtn Blocked There Numbers!! by DjAndroid: 6:31am On Sep 04, 2015
They are yet to block mine
If they eventually do, I will just abandon the line till after the whole madness.

But why will they subject Nigerians to this nonsense, is it our fault that the lines were not properly registered?. I expected one senator to raise the issue on the floor but no one did.
Re: Advice To All That Mtn Blocked There Numbers!! by Fundango: 7:23am On Sep 04, 2015
am afraid even our proudly Glo naija network will soon join them in this drama.
Re: Advice To All That Mtn Blocked There Numbers!! by joshbouy(m): 7:43am On Sep 04, 2015
they have been disturbing me with their messages, just haven't been chanced to verify the sum... not really bothered, if they like, they can block it at their own peril..rocking my Glo sim
Re: Advice To All That Mtn Blocked There Numbers!! by KillerBeauty(f): 7:53am On Sep 04, 2015
Abeg how can I port.
Do I need to go to their office or can I do it with my phone
Re: Advice To All That Mtn Blocked There Numbers!! by willian10: 8:15am On Sep 04, 2015
kazzonline:

I have seen pictures online of large crowd at vasrious mtn offices under the sun just because they want to re-register dia phone numbers.
Also i hav seen these my self as well at there akowonjo office, the crowd is crazy and dey keep dem locked outside for almost a day.

My 2cents: since the aim is not to loose the phone number most of ur contacts know u with,why dont they port there sims to other networks like etisalat,,glo and airtel and keep enjoying there old phone numbers but on new sims and networks,
And they can port back after 3 months specified by NCC if they are so addicted to mtn,these wud reduce the mad crowd and stress!!
I like this idea, how do I port?
Re: Advice To All That Mtn Blocked There Numbers!! by Cutehector(m): 9:06am On Sep 04, 2015
KillerBeauty:
Abeg how can I port.
Do I need to go to their office or can I do it with my phone
pls go to their office.. And make sure u are portin to a good network provider.
Re: Advice To All That Mtn Blocked There Numbers!! by stanley000: 9:27am On Sep 04, 2015
for your cheap mtn data check my signature,its service before payment,so Enjoy while it lasts
Re: Advice To All That Mtn Blocked There Numbers!! by Folksyharry(m): 9:30am On Sep 04, 2015
I was disconnected even after verifying my number and receiving a confirmatory message. I'm just waiting to find if I can still port after being disconnected. If not for some sensitive matters I need this number for I wouldn't even bother myself.
Re: Advice To All That Mtn Blocked There Numbers!! by rman: 9:31am On Sep 04, 2015
If you port and your registration is still incomplete, the network will still block the SIM. This is NCC directive not MTN. A lot of people bought pre - registered sim, didn't register their lines themselves, and other anomalies in registration.

This process is meant to correct that. Porting is not an escape route.
Re: Advice To All That Mtn Blocked There Numbers!! by Folksyharry(m): 9:37am On Sep 04, 2015
rman:
If you port and your registration is still incomplete, the network will still block the SIM. This is NCC directive not MTN. A lot of people bought pre - registered sim, didn't register their lines themselves, and other anomalies in registration.

I didn't buy a pre-registered sim. As a matter of fact I have been using this number before the registration exercise started. I have gone to verify the number also after they notified me last week and I was sent a confirmatory text so I think this is more of an MTN problem
Re: Advice To All That Mtn Blocked There Numbers!! by rman: 9:41am On Sep 04, 2015
Folksyharry:

I didn't buy a pre-registered sim. As a matter of fact I have been using this number before the registration exercise started. I have gone to verify the number also after they notified me last week and I was sent a confirmatory text so I think this is more of an MTN problem

The reasons for registration update are numerous, pre registered sim is one of them. Even if your face was not properly captured, you will be called for this update.
Re: Advice To All That Mtn Blocked There Numbers!! by stanley000: 9:42am On Sep 04, 2015
DjAndroid:
They are yet to block mine
If they eventually do, I will just abandon the line till after the whole madness.

But why will they subject Nigerians to this nonsense, is it our fault that the lines were not properly registered?. I expected one senator to raise the issue on the floor but no one did.
even the senates have already been bribed by these networks with free airtime and all that,they would rather debate laws to keep property in place than he opposite

Re: Advice To All That Mtn Blocked There Numbers!! by joyrealestates(f): 11:24am On Sep 04, 2015
Pls how can one port and pls someone describe this porting idea I can't afford to loose my business line
Re: Advice To All That Mtn Blocked There Numbers!! by Nobody: 12:34pm On Sep 04, 2015
yesterday wen I was going home, if you see d crowd at mtn Office in Effurun , close to Alaka street. I was even wondering wat d problem was

So MTN block people sim huhh ?/
Re: Advice To All That Mtn Blocked There Numbers!! by decentmums247(f): 1:08pm On Sep 04, 2015
kazzonline:

Do you have a business idea and no capital to start, are you tired of your current financial predicaments, do you desire financial freedom, think no further. connect with rich and influential sugar mummies from all part of Nigeria and start smiling with good fortune. just call Adewole Kate on 08038234344 to get connected today.

Re: Advice To All That Mtn Blocked There Numbers!! by decentmums247(f): 1:09pm On Sep 04, 2015
Goodboiyy:
yesterday wen I was going home, if you see d crowd at mtn Office in Effurun , close to Alaka street. I was even wondering wat d problem was

So MTN block people sim huhh ?/
Do you have a business idea and no capital to start, are you tired of your current financial predicaments, do you desire financial freedom, think no further. connect with rich and influential sugar mummies from all part of Nigeria and start smiling with good fortune. just call Adewole Kate on 08038234344 to get connected today.

Re: Advice To All That Mtn Blocked There Numbers!! by decentmums247(f): 1:10pm On Sep 04, 2015
rman:

Re: Advice To All That Mtn Blocked There Numbers!! by Nobody: 2:42pm On Sep 04, 2015
decentmums247:

fool stay of my mentions
Re: Advice To All That Mtn Blocked There Numbers!! by Dbrainiac1(m): 3:49pm On Sep 04, 2015
kazzonline:

So I can re-register my sim dat I bought already registered?
Re: Advice To All That Mtn Blocked There Numbers!! by Nobody: 7:22pm On Sep 04, 2015
decentmums247:

You are a dumb ass, a junk yard dog. Let's start with your boney chested Ajegunle mother
Re: Advice To All That Mtn Blocked There Numbers!! by kazzonline: 7:31pm On Sep 04, 2015
Guys pls no efighting on this thread plsssss!!!
And to all those spaming the thread pls stop!
We are here to seek a way forward not to advertize and spam pls

Yoruba Bible! / Phones With 4000mah Battery And Above / Check Your Mobile Phone Quality

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54