Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,847 members, 7,813,860 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:04 PM

Video: Checkout Man's EPIC Reaction When His Land Rover LR3 Caught Fire - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Video: Checkout Man's EPIC Reaction When His Land Rover LR3 Caught Fire (1951 Views)

This Land Rover Defender SVX Will Take You Through Flood And Mountains (photos) / Car Caught Fire In Awka, Near Central Bank By 6:12pm Today / Land Rover Is Rebuilding 1970s Range Rovers For The Wealthy (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Video: Checkout Man's EPIC Reaction When His Land Rover LR3 Caught Fire by scully95: 3:12am On Sep 04, 2015
[img]http://4.bp..com/-4FsRZVU_yEw/Vej7kHxc8_I/AAAAAAAAc9Q/IqmrzObU7rQ/s1600/lr3.jpg[/img]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgCnkBwe85s
No one knows what really happened but everyone helped in to make the smoke stop but everyone tried the best they could. Many people treasure material things in their lives, however the value of a thing could be effectively seen when we lose the thing, checkout this current man’s reaction to losing his Land Rover to fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fprgtuKrX0

If the man in the video that cried (at mark 1:00) had insured the SUV, his insurance company would replace him with another car (has this ever happened in Nigeria NL ?) or fund him to buy another one. I feel for the guy in the second video. I have a feeling there are viable insurance companies in Nigeria only that people take such for granted. You may also argue that Nigerians don't trust insurance companies because they feel they may be cheated at some point. Imagine a scenario, you are paying every month, about 20,000 Naira for 5 years and nothing happened after the 5th year. How would you feel and do you think it's worth it to insure your car ?

In some countries, a portion of the insurance monthly fee is given back to the owner via filling for a tax refund (on condition that the person makes less income after a year), is this possible in Nigeria ?
Re: Video: Checkout Man's EPIC Reaction When His Land Rover LR3 Caught Fire by Nobody: 3:41am On Sep 04, 2015
It's traumatic watching what u love get destroyed right in front of u embarassed

I feel sooo sorry for the guy. Thank GOD for his life though, I'm sure He won't wish to be trapped in that car.

2 Likes

Re: Video: Checkout Man's EPIC Reaction When His Land Rover LR3 Caught Fire by segunjowo(m): 4:19am On Sep 04, 2015
sad
Re: Video: Checkout Man's EPIC Reaction When His Land Rover LR3 Caught Fire by Readonee35L(m): 7:09am On Sep 04, 2015
Some 2005-2009 lr3 had recalls ,based on fuel leak issues
If the Vapor canister becomes saturated, the fuel may leak and cause a fire hazard
Re: Video: Checkout Man's EPIC Reaction When His Land Rover LR3 Caught Fire by Nobody: 8:09am On Sep 04, 2015
Sad, but in a way, a hard lesson. Only in Nigeria would an individual spend over N4,000,000 on a vehicle, then fail to insure it. If you question their logic, they would tell you their vehicles are covered with the blood of Jesus, or some other nonsense.

Look at these guys. Risking their lives over a hunk of aluminium and steel on wheels. One went as far as lifting the hood - something you should NEVER do with an engine bay fire. A small flame becomes a massive blaze as oxygen is introduced.

Then the other idíot lying under the rear, trying to attack the burning fuel lines / tank. Suppose the gas tank blew at that point? He would have been killed, or at the very least severely maimed.

If I was ever unfortunate enough to have a car fire, I would get as far away as possible, and watch the damn thing burn. My insurance will take care of things.

It's only a car, and I don't have 9 lives. wink

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Video: Checkout Man's EPIC Reaction When His Land Rover LR3 Caught Fire by shaybebaby(f): 8:48am On Sep 04, 2015
Nigerians need basic health and safety and fire training. Anything that is burning needs to be deprived of oxygen, so opening up the hood and doors simply made matters worse.
What about having a fire extinguisher in the car?
Actually irked me seeing people shouting God when actually a bit of sense could have minimised the damage if not completely avoided it.

2 Likes

Re: Video: Checkout Man's EPIC Reaction When His Land Rover LR3 Caught Fire by tunergy(m): 9:34am On Sep 04, 2015
scully95:
[img]http://4.bp..com/-4FsRZVU_yEw/Vej7kHxc8_I/AAAAAAAAc9Q/IqmrzObU7rQ/s1600/lr3.jpg[/img]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgCnkBwe85s
No one knows what really happened but everyone helped in to make the smoke stop but everyone tried the best they could. Many people treasure material things in their lives, however the value of a thing could be effectively seen when we lose the thing, checkout this current man’s reaction to losing his Land Rover to fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fprgtuKrX0

If the man in the video that cried (at mark 1:00) had insured the SUV, his insurance company would replace him with another car (has this ever happened in Nigeria NL ?) or fund him to buy another one. I feel for the guy in the second video. I have a feeling there are viable insurance companies in Nigeria only that people take such for granted. You may also argue that Nigerians don't trust insurance companies because they feel they may be cheated at some point. Imagine a scenario, you are paying every month, about 20,000 Naira for 5 years and nothing happened after the 5th year. How would you feel and do you think it's worth it to insure your car ?

In some countries, a portion of the insurance monthly fee is given back to the owner via filling for a tax refund (on condition that the person makes less income after a year), is this possible in Nigeria ?

Insurance companies in Nigeria Operate in similar ways with their counterparts around the world.

The premium you pay is a Fraction of the cost of the car sometimes as low as 4% P/A.

However lots of people think they are smart by not buying insurance, reason being what if nothing happens.

See it like this:
1: If you buy insurance and something happens, your loss will be replaced = No Loss
2: You buy insurance and nothing happens, you only parted with a fraction of the car cost and you still have your car.
3: You didn't buy insurance and something happened, you wouldn't have lost your premium(which is good for you) but your car is gone too. What is left is Wailing.

Insurance is actually a smart choice for the Smart.

Comprehensive Insurance that is.

1 Like

Re: Video: Checkout Man's EPIC Reaction When His Land Rover LR3 Caught Fire by DollyParton1(f): 11:21am On Sep 04, 2015
Siena:
Sad, but in a way, a hard lesson. Only in Nigeria would an individual spend over N4,000,000 on a vehicle, then fail to insure it. If you question their logic, they would tell you their vehicles are covered with the blood of Jesus, or some other nonsense.

Look at these guys. Risking their lives over a hunk of aluminium and steel on wheels. One went as far as lifting the hood - something you should NEVER do with an engine bay fire. A small flame becomes a massive blaze as oxygen is introduced.

Then the other idíot lying under the rear, trying to attack the burning fuel lines / tank. Suppose the gas tank blew at that point? He would have been killed, or at the very least severely maimed.

If I was ever unfortunate enough to have a car fire, I would get as far away as possible, and watch the damn thing burn. My insurance will take care of things.

It's only a car, and I don't have 9 lives. wink

Lool..... but the blood of Jesus has several lives. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Video: Checkout Man's EPIC Reaction When His Land Rover LR3 Caught Fire by Nobody: 12:02pm On Sep 04, 2015
Haha! Which is more than I can say for the barbecued LR3. wink

2 Likes

Re: Video: Checkout Man's EPIC Reaction When His Land Rover LR3 Caught Fire by adanny01(m): 6:02pm On Sep 04, 2015
It hurts but i dont think i would sit on bare ground or wail like that.

God gives, God takes. What if it were a fatal accident, would i cry for my health or car?

The fire was fed by fuel, its spread and intensity was just too much. Opening it all up made it spread faster. The guy trying to open the bonnet gambled his hands and the guy going under must be dumb.
Re: Video: Checkout Man's EPIC Reaction When His Land Rover LR3 Caught Fire by lonelydora: 6:44pm On Sep 04, 2015
Nigerians are funny
Re: Video: Checkout Man's EPIC Reaction When His Land Rover LR3 Caught Fire by lourash(m): 10:43pm On Sep 05, 2015
However sad this is , it should serve as a lesson to Nigerians, firstly God has made you wise enough to know of what is called insurance and you have refused to buy it saying that your car will never be stolen in God 's name meanwhile you spent several millions to buy it .. naija sha , I am not a fan of doing security on any car as to me I see no reason why I should do any funny security on a car when I can insure and rest my mind .. next time someone refuses to listen and do insurance I will dig out this video
Re: Video: Checkout Man's EPIC Reaction When His Land Rover LR3 Caught Fire by makavele: 5:17pm On Sep 06, 2015
I refuse to be moved ... in fact, serves him right . . .

With his next purchased vehicle, he would get comprehensive insurance . . .

A lesson to everyone out there . . .

Rubbish !!!
Re: Video: Checkout Man's EPIC Reaction When His Land Rover LR3 Caught Fire by Originalsly: 5:49pm On Sep 06, 2015
Forget about the car being insured or not.....is this what it has now come to?...that people would risk their lives trying to save a car? Is it because it is rated as a prestigious Land Rover that these guys would be so close and even under the car ....so close to the fuel tank trying to out the fire? Fire in the rear of the car?....owner or onlooker...I'd be far away. It was good to hear the guy who kept consoling the owner telling him to be thankful that he nor his family were not inside and that the car can be replaced. Auto fires are stubborn to put out.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Long Will It Take To Be A Good Manual Driver ??? / This Question Is For GAZZUZZ And Other Auto Professionals / Advice Me On My Peugeot Electrical Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.