Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,394 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Ahmad Ibrahim-Doko, ABU Youngest Professor (photo) - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ahmad Ibrahim-Doko, ABU Youngest Professor (photo) (62713 Views)

The Youngest Professor Reacts To ASUU Strike. -nasarawareports. / See The Objection Letter Replied To Eisten Not To Be A Professor (photo) / Meet The Youngest Professor In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ahmad Ibrahim-Doko, ABU Youngest Professor (photo) by seyema(m): 12:16pm On Sep 04, 2015
Nursecaleb:
So?whats special,m nt hating bt it can only happen in the north,39 years,shio,finish in 2007 and became hod in 2008,ok,go to oau,ui or here in lautech,many prof never bcom Hod
Are you a ladokite?
Re: Ahmad Ibrahim-Doko, ABU Youngest Professor (photo) by nobeku: 12:20pm On Sep 04, 2015
internetpirate:
Only in the North! Where else can a man come with a PhD in 2007 and become HOD in 2008??
May de tribalistic,redundant demons in your inner core do a turnaround maintainance on you!
Re: Ahmad Ibrahim-Doko, ABU Youngest Professor (photo) by breakeven: 12:25pm On Sep 04, 2015
phyllosilicate:
If you were a lecturer, you would be a sadist. So a person that has a Phd must have to wait for 10 yrs before he can be an HOD? Its people like you that do say ' because I had a B in this course during my undergraduate days, no student can ever have an A'.
The question is, were there no older lecturers in the department when he was appointed HOD even if they were from other part of Nigeria?
Re: Ahmad Ibrahim-Doko, ABU Youngest Professor (photo) by vilz(m): 12:32pm On Sep 04, 2015
phyllosilicate:
If you were a lecturer, you would be a sadist. So a person that has a Phd must have to wait for 10 yrs before he can be an HOD? Its people like you that do say ' because I had a B in this course during my undergraduate days, no student can ever have an A'.

i concur
Re: Ahmad Ibrahim-Doko, ABU Youngest Professor (photo) by EazyMoh(m): 1:01pm On Sep 04, 2015
tellmoon:

DR. Nwude is the current HOD of the Dept. of Banking & Finance at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka. He got his PHD in 2012 and was made HOD in 2013. Is UNN in the north?
Don't mind them, they just sit in one corner of the country thinking they are better than everyone from the North (especially). it's pathetic even many so called educateds think like that.
Re: Ahmad Ibrahim-Doko, ABU Youngest Professor (photo) by riczy(m): 1:04pm On Sep 04, 2015
y shud ur sense of reasoning b clouded with wailing? receive senz in jesus name!!!
Re: Ahmad Ibrahim-Doko, ABU Youngest Professor (photo) by IamLEGEND1: 1:04pm On Sep 04, 2015
42n8dzydoo:

Truely, I can now see what ABU is made of!

wen u wan open another pesin yansh,make sure your own dey covered.

itz spelt "Truly". FYI
Re: Ahmad Ibrahim-Doko, ABU Youngest Professor (photo) by Ndywin: 1:12pm On Sep 04, 2015
[[[b][/b]quo[b][/b]te author=internetpirate post=37652325]Only in the North! Where else can a man come with a PhD in 2007 and become HOD in 2008?? [/quote]
I agree with you, its simply means the level of man power in the department was inadequate and no suitable qualify person to fill the Office of the HOD... Down south I bet you would have not less than 5 qualified persons to fill the office
Re: Ahmad Ibrahim-Doko, ABU Youngest Professor (photo) by Dfavouredone: 1:13pm On Sep 04, 2015
phyllosilicate:
He said only in the "North". That's been sentimental and not an analysis. The first HOD of my department in a reputable school in the south, was an HOD when he only had an Msc.
He should have done his analysis without mocking a people.

What is the name of that your school and which department, so that i know how to choose school to avoid such. tongue tongue
Re: Ahmad Ibrahim-Doko, ABU Youngest Professor (photo) by Nobody: 1:21pm On Sep 04, 2015
cool...
Re: Ahmad Ibrahim-Doko, ABU Youngest Professor (photo) by Austinice: 1:22pm On Sep 04, 2015
Professor Doko, who hails from Niger State was born in 1974 at Doko town, where he attended North Primary School, Doko between 1979 and 1985, and from where he proceeded to Government Secondary School, Doko and Ahmadu Bello University Demonstration Secondary School between 1985 to 1991.

He proceeded to Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria in 1991, where he obtained his B.Sc degree in Quantity Surveying in 1998, after which he joined the quantity surveying department of the university as assistant lecturer in 2000.

Doko proceeded to King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Saudi Arabia, in 2001, where he obtained his M.Sc degree in construction engineering and management in 2003, from where he proceeded to Loughborough University, United Kingdom in[b] 2004[/b], where he obtained his Ph.D degree in 2007.

The inconsistencies are too much... if he was born in 1974, how then is he 39 years old? How many years did it take him to get a QS Degree from ABU (7 years)? and how many years did it take him to get an M.Sc. and a Ph.D? Sorry I asked, but I had to...
Re: Ahmad Ibrahim-Doko, ABU Youngest Professor (photo) by EazyMoh(m): 1:40pm On Sep 04, 2015
Dbrainiac1:
You mean she's no longer a northerner?
hahahaaha I noticed that too, may be she denounced her 'Northernship'
Re: Ahmad Ibrahim-Doko, ABU Youngest Professor (photo) by Gaddaffi121(m): 1:55pm On Sep 04, 2015
:ohe was born in 1974 and he is 39 yrs old? :ohe was born in 1974 and he is 39 yrs old?
Re: Ahmad Ibrahim-Doko, ABU Youngest Professor (photo) by ibrahym47(m): 2:16pm On Sep 04, 2015
kennybabs1980:
one don't even need professorship to become HOD, he can be appointed Ag HOD as a senior lecturer if there is no professor on ground to occupy the HOD position in the department
You nailed it bro, are you a student of the department because you spoke the real situation on ground.
Re: Ahmad Ibrahim-Doko, ABU Youngest Professor (photo) by tombeh(m): 3:06pm On Sep 04, 2015
Congratulation Mr Doko, More grease to your elbow.

1 Like

Re: Ahmad Ibrahim-Doko, ABU Youngest Professor (photo) by Dbrainiac1(m): 3:36pm On Sep 04, 2015
internetpirate:
She is dead! Not much of a brainiac are you?

Not much to be all knowing
Re: Ahmad Ibrahim-Doko, ABU Youngest Professor (photo) by lilmagambo(f): 3:44pm On Sep 04, 2015
internetpirate:
Only in the North! Where else can a man come with a PhD in 2007 and become HOD in 2008??
learn au 2 celebrate ppl so da u 2 shall b celebrated one day stop criticising look up 2 God
Re: Ahmad Ibrahim-Doko, ABU Youngest Professor (photo) by ValentineMary(m): 4:16pm On Sep 04, 2015
What's so special? My V.C became a prof at 35.
Re: Ahmad Ibrahim-Doko, ABU Youngest Professor (photo) by guiddoti: 4:18pm On Sep 04, 2015
god fatherism, God dey ooooo
Re: Ahmad Ibrahim-Doko, ABU Youngest Professor (photo) by guiddoti: 4:20pm On Sep 04, 2015
ValentineMary:
What's so special? My V.C became a prof at 35.
seems you didnt school in Nigeria? corruption has eaten deep that you cannot become prof at that age.
Re: Ahmad Ibrahim-Doko, ABU Youngest Professor (photo) by Drabrah(m): 4:36pm On Sep 04, 2015
phyllosilicate:

Sir your method of reasoning is backward. People should be promoted base on competence not number of years of experience. How many a times have we seen young lecturers far better than old ones.

Both are necessary actually, & often go paripassu
Re: Ahmad Ibrahim-Doko, ABU Youngest Professor (photo) by galadima77(m): 4:37pm On Sep 04, 2015
internetpirate:

Your reasoning and those bigots alike who liked your post must be in reverse gear because he obtained the phd in 2007 and the promotion is in 2015.

Get ur life together n stop hating
Re: Ahmad Ibrahim-Doko, ABU Youngest Professor (photo) by Drabrah(m): 4:42pm On Sep 04, 2015
slap1:
He looks older...congrats. That's one of the things I love about the north. If it was in the east, his lecturers would witch hunt him until he's old. Even the PhD program would last ten years.
Nay! I'll rather u'd south generally (both East &West).
& from my own observation, it's like he's spent all his life (@least post B. Sc) using d same school's money to further his studies, almost not working at all (till PhD, at least)
Re: Ahmad Ibrahim-Doko, ABU Youngest Professor (photo) by adanny01(m): 5:15pm On Sep 04, 2015
hassan85:
A big congratulations to him its not easy in that school at all I have been their. just degree was hell. hmn but proff at dt age that guy must have connections. if vc doesn't like him, he won't have approved dt o

lol
modified

what bad about wat I said now? y s everybody mentioning me? Denial!!

u guys from d south mentioning me usually claim u know book rubbish. dt I said d young man must have connections, wats new in it? if ur supervisor doesnt lik u wen u doing ur project wat d highest u get? 'C' so wats new in it? ofcos d guy worked for it ofcos he's young according to Nigerian standard but as it happens everywhere, they like his personality too.

ABU usually gives award base on character and learning. if de view u lacking in one, u are a gonna so southern jumping to conclusions continue since 1960 all ur proffs end up in newspapers keep talking trash. look at ekiti wat has become of dem? food for tot for those quoting me and misrepresenting me too

Am an Abusite too and graduated from that faculty. I cant remember him but his face seem familiar somehow. I noticed he hasnt been around much as he left when i came to the school and returned after i left.

I am so shocked that they gave him that promotion even when he only did Bachelors and didnt stay long as lecturer. The guy probably has connections to the high heavens. A respected Dr Afolayan of Civil engrng was denied that promotion for years until Unimaid offered him and he left. ABU lost so many good people like that but for this case, it smells connections.
Re: Ahmad Ibrahim-Doko, ABU Youngest Professor (photo) by STARGREEN(m): 6:01pm On Sep 04, 2015
Congratulations, from your profile Prof. Ahmad Ibrahim-Doko, you worth and deserved it. Above all, all praises be to God who sustained and give you the wisdom. To whom much is given... develop others. I am happy for you.
Re: Ahmad Ibrahim-Doko, ABU Youngest Professor (photo) by hassan85(m): 6:10pm On Sep 04, 2015
adanny01:

Am an Abusite too and graduated from that faculty. I cant remember him but his face seem familiar somehow. I noticed he hasnt been around much as he left when i came to the school and returned after i left.

I am so shocked that they gave him that promotion even when he only did Bachelors and didnt stay long as lecturer. The guy probably has connections to the high heavens. A respected Dr Afolayan of Civil engrng was denied that promotion for years until Unimaid offered him and he left. ABU lost so many good people like that but for this case, it smells connections.
this thing happens everywhere o. And hate aside connection is involved. well that department is shot of professors
Re: Ahmad Ibrahim-Doko, ABU Youngest Professor (photo) by adanny01(m): 6:15pm On Sep 04, 2015
hassan85:
this thing happens everywhere o. And hate aside connection is involved. well that department is shot of professors

That department is infact short of academic staff as most of them at the time i was the there had only masters and still very few. The senior lecturers were all out hustling for cash. The department is always empty and admission to it is very small as of then. Their classes are also few.
Re: Ahmad Ibrahim-Doko, ABU Youngest Professor (photo) by ceejay4real(m): 6:37pm On Sep 04, 2015
Ayibaba1:
He can't be 39 years when he was born in 1974. He should be 41 years now.

Yeah, dat's tru! But come o, did he run his BSc program for 7 years? 1991 to 1998 4rm the citation. Just being curious. Pls can someone in the house help? Does ABU run a 7 years Bsc program in Quantity Surveying?
Re: Ahmad Ibrahim-Doko, ABU Youngest Professor (photo) by ceejay4real(m): 6:40pm On Sep 04, 2015
Dbrainiac1:
You mean she's no longer a northerner?
Lol! Maybe the mom is late. Who knows?
Re: Ahmad Ibrahim-Doko, ABU Youngest Professor (photo) by pfadom: 6:49pm On Sep 04, 2015
internetpirate:

Why can't we be fair and decent? ABU isn't a lowly rated Nigerian university? People much younger have attained full professorial position in the US, Canada, Japan, etc.
Re: Ahmad Ibrahim-Doko, ABU Youngest Professor (photo) by Nobody: 7:51pm On Sep 04, 2015
phyllosilicate:
He said only in the "North". That's been sentimental and not an analysis. The first HOD of my department in a reputable school in the south, was an HOD when he only had an Msc.
He should have done his analysis without mocking a people.
That can never happen in a reputable university because HoDs are for lecturers who have attained the rank of a senior lecturer and above, and a PhD is a must before you can be made a lecturer 1 not to talk of a senior lecturer in any reputable university.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sex For Grade: Do Female Lecturers Ask For Sex Too? / The Bus Oshiomhole Donated To UNIBEN SUG 3 Years Ago (PHOTOS) / Beautiful Aerial Pictures Of The University Of Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.