Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,723 members, 7,851,473 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:14 PM

Corruption: No One Has The Right To Probe Me – Amaechi Boasts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corruption: No One Has The Right To Probe Me – Amaechi Boasts (519 Views)

When It Comes To Corruption, No Tribe In Nigeria Is Innocent / Breaking News! Probe Me And See Nigeria Explode!! OBJ To Buhari. / Nobody Can Probe Me —Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corruption: No One Has The Right To Probe Me – Amaechi Boasts by oluwaSmith1(f): 8:17am On Sep 04, 2015
The immediate past Governor of Rivers State, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, has affirmed that no one can probe him.

Amaechi was reacting to recent report that he and former governors: Rabiu Kwankwaso (Kano); Sullivan Chime (Enugu); Babatunde Fashola (Lagos); Godswill Akpabio (Akwa Ibom); Sule Lamido (Jigawa); Shehu Shema (Katsina) and Martin Elechi of Ebonyi State were being probed by the Independent Corrupt Practices and related offences Commission.

Speaking on behalf of the ex-governor, Tony Okocha, a former aide to Amaechi, said his boss was not afraid of ICPC or the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission as long as the probe was not a witch-hunt.

According to him, Governor Nyesom Wike was only out to rubbish his predecessor.

“I have always said that Amaechi is not afraid of the EFCC or the ICPC as long as such probe is not a witch-hunt. Again, there is a court order that the EFCC or other agency like it cannot probe any government official in the state. Wike is a beneficiary of that court order.

“Until that court order is vacated, the ICPC or the EFCC have no right to investigate Amaechi. Since what they are going to investigate is his (Amaechi’s) activities while in government, the EFCC and the ICPC do not have such right based on the standing court order,” he told Punch.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/09/04/corruption-no-one-has-the-right-to-probe-me-amaechi-boasts/

Re: Corruption: No One Has The Right To Probe Me – Amaechi Boasts by DONSMITH123(m): 8:18am On Sep 04, 2015
Ameachi the indomitable Lion of South South.

Come to think of it, is Rotimi Ameachi serving another God? What is this man really boasting of?

Well, i think Buhari's credibility will be tested here if Ameachi is not been probed.
Re: Corruption: No One Has The Right To Probe Me – Amaechi Boasts by legendboy(m): 8:28am On Sep 04, 2015
DONSMITH123:
Ameachi the indomitable Lion of South South.

Come to think of it, is Rotimi Ameachi serving another God? What is this man really boasting of?

Well, i think Buhari's credibility will be tested here if Ameachi is not been probed.
how many percent credible do u think buhari is?
Re: Corruption: No One Has The Right To Probe Me – Amaechi Boasts by okosodo: 8:30am On Sep 04, 2015
yes, becausr you sponsored sheik mohammadu
Re: Corruption: No One Has The Right To Probe Me – Amaechi Boasts by Nobody: 8:41am On Sep 04, 2015
Wailers waking up with another propaganda. Una no dey tire?!

(1) (Reply)

APC Unveils New Strategic Policy - Picture / #100daysofpmb (infographic) / Femi Okurounmu Blasts Bola Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.