Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,165 members, 7,811,375 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:33 AM

Invented God In The Image Of Mankind??? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Invented God In The Image Of Mankind??? (2472 Views)

Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? / The Church Of GOD In Nigeria Is Not The Government Of Nigeria - Nneka Okumazie / How Do You Differentiate A True God From An Invented God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Invented God In The Image Of Mankind??? by malvisguy212: 10:15am On Sep 04, 2015
Atheists commonly claim that humans
invented God to satisfy some of his fear
of death, therefore, wishing God into
existence. According to the theory, man
realized his limitations and fears and
projected an image of God to calm these
fears. In short, God is what man wishes
to be - a kind of super-man. This model
matches the gods of the pagan religions
quite well, and possibly explains the
origins of these religions. For example, in nearly all pagan religions, the gods look like the people - Ethiopian gods were dark-skinned whereas Greek gods tended to be white. So, aren't all gods just inventions of the people who claim
them?

In contrast to the pagan gods, the God of Judaism and Christianity does not look like the an old man with white beards . In fact, He is described as being invisible to us and not some image that humans can imagine>>>>

Hebrews 11:27
...Him who is unseen.
Acts 17:29
"Being then the children of God, we
ought not to think that the Divine
Nature is like gold or silver or stone,
an image formed by the art and
thought of man."

Accordingly, we can only see Him in His
glory when we die and are transformed
into spiritual beings. The Hebrews were
commanded NOT to make an image of
their God. The New Testament
specifically says that God does not look
like a man>>>>

Leviticus 26:1
'You shall NOT make for yourselves
idols, nor shall you set up for
YOURSELVES AND IMAGE or a sacred
pillar, nor shall you place a figured
stone in your land to bow down to it;
for I am the LORD your God.

CHRISTIANITY:
However, if people were to have invented the God of Christianity, it is
unlikely that it would be the demanding
God of the Bible. The God of the Bible is
described as holy , without sin and
without the ability to commit sin>>>>
Isaiah 5:16
But the LORD of hosts will be exalted
in judgment, And the holy God will
show Himself holy in righteousness.

The holiness of God is described as being above anything that humans can attain, such that no human can stand before Him as holy. Behaving more morally upright than most other people is not sufficient to escape the punishment of the God of the Bible.>>>
Leviticus 11:45
'For I am the LORD, who brought you
up from the land of Egypt, to be
your God; thus you shall be holy for
I AM HOLY.'"
SALVATION.
In nearly all religions,salvation is attained through human effort. Only in Christianity does salvation come solely as a gift from God , it cannot be earned through human effort. Clearly, in doctrines such as the nature of God and the way of salvation, there is very little common ground between Christianity and the religions of the world>>>>
Ephesians 2:8-9
For by grace you have been saved
through faith; and that not of
yourselves, it is the gift of God; not
as a result of works, that no one
should boast.

TRANSCENDENT GOD:
The God of Christianity also differs from
the gods of the world's religions in terms of His nature and existence. Most of the religions of the world describe their god as existing within the universe. In many cases, these gods even have parents. Both of these attributes are logically inconsistent with the reality of our universe. Only a God who is transcendent to both space and time,like the God of the Bible,is logically
possible>>>>

1 Kings 8:27
"But will God indeed dwell on the
earth? Behold, heaven and the
highest heaven CANNOT CONTAIN THEE
how much less this house which I
have built!

CONCLUSION:
It is impossible for the christian God to be invented because men will not invent God that set an uphill task on how to attain Holiness and salvation.

Romans1:22-23
Professing to be wise, they became
fools, and exchanged the glory of
the incorruptible God for an image
in the form of corruptible man and
of birds and four-footed animals
and crawling creatures.

Isaiah 1:13
"Bring your worthless offerings no
longer, Incense is an abomination to
Me. New moon and Sabbath, the
calling of assemblies-- I [God] cannot
endure iniquity and the solemn
assembly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Invented God In The Image Of Mankind??? by Scholar8200(m): 12:54pm On Sep 04, 2015
Excellent write up bro. Even the joys of Heaven is not such that will naturally be appreciated by the senses except as the Spirit reveals Him to you and gives a foretaste of glory.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Invented God In The Image Of Mankind??? by plaetton: 3:03pm On Sep 04, 2015
Gosh.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this assemlage and parade of Gross ignorance bordering on illiteracy, and the clearly laughable contradictions of this op.

The op claims that judeo-christian gods are more real because they are invisible shocked

If this is not the silliest contradiction ever, I don't know what else can qualify. undecided

I have said before that what makes christianity stand out as a contrived and silly religion is the fact that at least 90% of christians do not have a clue about the origins and history of their religion.

Malvisguy212 is a typical example of a prisoner, straight out of the dungeon, who hails and extols the imaginary virtues of his captors.

Malvisguy212 guy is unaware that every single thing about christainity was borrowed or should I Say stolen straight out pagan cultures.

He is unaware that his Jesus is a pagan architype from more ancient cultures.
He is also unaware that the concept of the Virgin birth, the sacrifice, the resurrection, the second coming, the concept of heaven and hell were all pagan concepts.

This " my god is better than the other god" is itself the surest proof that malvisguy212 's god is just an imaginary product manufactured in the shallow confines of malvisguy212' s limbic system of his brain.

In other words, this guy painstakingly uses his own convoluted logic to dismantle his own thesis.
Lol.

Christian logic is imbeccable, it's just common sense that is found wanting. grin

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Invented God In The Image Of Mankind??? by mustymatic(m): 3:30pm On Sep 04, 2015
malvisguy212:
. In fact, He is described as being invisible to us and not some image that humans can imagine>>>>

...Him who is unseen.
thought of man."

like a man>>>>

CHRISTIANITY:
However, if people were to have invented the God of Christianity, it is
unlikely that it would be the demanding
God of the Bible. The God of the Bible is
described as holy , without sin and
without the ability to commit sin>>>>
Isaiah 5:16
But the LORD of hosts will be exalted
in judgment, And the holy God will
show Himself holy in righteousness.

The holiness of God is described as being above anything that humans can attain, such that no human can stand before Him as holy. Behaving more morally upright than most other people is not sufficient to escape the punishment of the God of the Bible.>>>
Leviticus 11:45
'For I am the LORD, who brought you
up from the land of Egypt, to be
your God; thus you shall be holy for
I AM HOLY.'"
SALVATION.
In nearly all religions,salvation is attained through human effort. Only in Christianity does salvation come solely as a gift from God , it cannot be earned through human effort. Clearly, in doctrines such as the nature of God and the way of salvation, there is very little common ground between Christianity and the religions of the world>>>>
Ephesians 2:8-9
For by grace you have been saved
through faith; and that not of
yourselves, it is the gift of God; not
as a result of works, that no one
should boast.

TRANSCENDENT GOD:
The God of Christianity also differs from
the gods of the world's religions in terms of His nature and existence. Most of the religions of the world describe their god as existing within the universe. In many cases, these gods even have parents. Both of these attributes are logically inconsistent with the reality of our universe. Only a God who is transcendent to both space and time,like the God of the Bible,is logically
possible>>>>

1 Kings 8:27
"But will God indeed dwell on the
earth? Behold, heaven and the
highest heaven CANNOT CONTAIN THEE
how much less this house which I
have built!

CONCLUSION:
It is impossible for the christian God to be invented because men will not invent God that set an uphill task on how to attain Holiness and salvation.

Romans1:22-23
Professing to be wise, they became
fools, and exchanged the glory of
the incorruptible God for an image
in the form of corruptible man and
of birds and four-footed animals
and crawling creatures.

Isaiah 1:13
"Bring your worthless offerings no
longer, Incense is an abomination to
Me. New moon and Sabbath, the
calling of assemblies-- I [God] cannot
endure iniquity and the solemn
assembly.
He is described as being invisible to us and not some image that humans can imagine>>>>

...Him who is unseen.
thought of man."

like a man>>>>

Which of the gods can't be seen and not in human form, Jesus is not god now or was he not seen?
I will probably need the holy spirit to understand that too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Invented God In The Image Of Mankind??? by kobosmalls: 4:13pm On Sep 04, 2015
Clearly, the jewish or christian God gives salvation without human effort but by grace.

Yep, thats exactly why those humans sacrified sheep and birds and poured their bloods.

They even had to go to the extent of killing Jesus to redeem man.
Wow!

More like blood thirsty God.
Kill before u will be forgiven.
Thats clearly not a human effort.

Dude ur religion is full of sh1t

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Invented God In The Image Of Mankind??? by herald9: 4:16pm On Sep 04, 2015
The New Testament specifically says that God does not look like a man>>>>
You just murdered genesis 1:26
"... And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness"
grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Invented God In The Image Of Mankind??? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Sep 04, 2015
[quote author=herald9 post=37668841]

"... And God said, Let us make man in our
image, after our likeness"

grin [/quote
Image and likeness there means in our character or culture, behavior e. T. C
Re: Invented God In The Image Of Mankind??? by herald9: 4:40pm On Sep 04, 2015
tunspider:
Image and likeness there means in our character
or culture, behavior e. T. C

Noun (plural images)An optical or other representation of a real object; a graphic; a picture.

The Bible forbids the worship of graven images.

Using your definition you mean the bible forbids the worship of craven character, culture and behaviour?

Seems you need the holy spirit to understand simple English too.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Invented God In The Image Of Mankind??? by malvisguy212: 4:49pm On Sep 04, 2015
plaetton:
Gosh.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this assemlage and parade of Gross ignorance bordering on illiteracy, and the clearly laughable contradictions of this op.

The op claims that judeo-christian gods are more real because they are invisible shocked

If this is not the silliest contradiction ever, I don't know what else can qualify. undecided

I have said before that what makes christianity stand out as a contrived and silly religion is the fact that at least 90% of christians do not have a clue about the origins and history of their religion.

Malvisguy212 is a typical example of a prisoner, straight out of the dungeon, who hails and extols the imaginary virtues of his captors.

Malvisguy212 guy is unaware that every single thing about christainity was borrowed or should I Say stolen straight out pagan cultures.

He is unaware that his Jesus is a pagan architype from more ancient cultures.
He is also unaware that the concept of the Virgin birth, the sacrifice, the resurrection, the second coming, the concept of heaven and hell were all pagan concepts.

This " my god is better than the other god" is itself the surest proof that malvisguy212 's god is just an imaginary product manufactured in the shallow confines of malvisguy212' s limbic system of his brain.

In other words, this guy painstakingly uses his own convoluted logic to dismantle his own thesis.
Lol.

Christian logic is imbeccable, it's just common sense that is found wanting. grin
All what you say hold no ground, the nature of God in the bible doesent look like man invented it, will man invent a God in their mind in a way that this God will set an uphill task on salvation ? I don't think so.
Re: Invented God In The Image Of Mankind??? by malvisguy212: 4:53pm On Sep 04, 2015
herald9:
"... And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness"
grin
the bible say "God is a spirit" When He passes me I cannot see Him. When He goes by, I cannot perceive Him ( Job 9:11) The Almighty is beyond our reach ( Job 37:23)
Re: Invented God In The Image Of Mankind??? by malvisguy212: 4:54pm On Sep 04, 2015
mustymatic:

He is described as being invisible to us and not some image that humans can imagine>>>>

...Him who is unseen.
thought of man."

like a man>>>>

Which of the gods can't be seen and not in human form, Jesus is not god now or was he not seen?
I will probably need the holy spirit to understand that too.
the world began to see Jesus when He dwell on the flesh and what man saw was the embodiment of God and NOT GOD.
Re: Invented God In The Image Of Mankind??? by herald9: 5:15pm On Sep 04, 2015
malvisguy212:
the bible say "God is a spirit"
When He passes me I cannot see
Him. When He goes by, I cannot
perceive Him ( Job 9:11)
The Almighty is beyond our reach
( Job 37:23)
If you claim your god is invisible and he created you in his own IMAGE, you could've been invisible too.

An invisible being creating a visible being in ITS OWN IMAGE implies a creation error. Just like Toyota trying to model an Avalon but ended up with a Camry.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Invented God In The Image Of Mankind??? by macof(m): 5:17pm On Sep 04, 2015
You obviously don't know the history of ur beliefs like millions of Christians out there

Wat is so difficult about obtaining the mythical Salvation? Osama is probably in heaven now. ..if only he accepted jesus two seconds before he died
Re: Invented God In The Image Of Mankind??? by plaetton: 5:18pm On Sep 04, 2015
malvisguy212:
All what you say hold no ground, the nature of God in the bible doesent look like man invented it, will man invent a God in their mind in a way that this God will set an uphill task on salvation ? I don't think so.

A god that expresses his fears that humans may acquire too much knowledge is not a manmade god?

A god that is jealous is not a manmade god?

A god that has a fiery temper, that at one time had to be cajoled and tempered by the soothing words of moses is not a manmade god?

A god that discriminates and promotes racial and tribal discrimination is not a manmade god?

A god that says that the tribe of ancient israel is his own inheritance is not a manmade god?

A god that commands and promotes or.gies of violence and genocide against innocent women and children is not a manmade god?

You gotta be kidding.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Invented God In The Image Of Mankind??? by Scholar8200(m): 5:28pm On Sep 04, 2015
^^^ You appear to be ignoring the point of the Op! Why will man 'invent' a God that demands holiness inwardly and outwardly? That is the question!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Invented God In The Image Of Mankind??? by Scholar8200(m): 5:32pm On Sep 04, 2015
macof:
You obviously don't know the history of ur beliefs like millions of Christians out there

Wat is so difficult about obtaining the mythical Salvation? Osama is probably in heaven now. ..if only he accepted jesus two seconds before he died
Is that the result of your personal research or something you hear people say? Modernists may opine that to sedate their conscience but I dont find that principle in Scripture.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Invented God In The Image Of Mankind??? by tartar9(m): 5:58pm On Sep 04, 2015
stop lying there.xtianity and anthropomorphism that is one and the same.no other religion presents a more unique and logical idea of God than in Islam.
Re: Invented God In The Image Of Mankind??? by mustymatic(m): 6:46pm On Sep 04, 2015
malvisguy212:
the world began to see Jesus when He dwell on the flesh and what man saw was the embodiment of God and NOT GOD.
You should not just say it...provide verses regarding to the ones above
Re: Invented God In The Image Of Mankind??? by mustymatic(m): 6:49pm On Sep 04, 2015
herald9:

Noun (plural images)An optical or other representation of a real object; a graphic; a picture.

The Bible forbids the worship of graven images.

Using your definition you mean the bible forbids the worship of craven character, culture and behaviour?

Seems you need the holy spirit to understand simple English too.
Lol....This holy spirit don tire us

2 Likes

Re: Invented God In The Image Of Mankind??? by mustymatic(m): 6:52pm On Sep 04, 2015
herald9:

"... And God said, Let us make man in our
image, after our likeness"

grin
malvisguy212 how about this verse? "OUR IMAGE"
EXPLAIN, WOULD YOU?
Re: Invented God In The Image Of Mankind??? by malvisguy212: 7:21pm On Sep 04, 2015
plaetton:

A god that expresses his fears that humans may acquire too much knowledge is not a manmade god?

A god that is jealous is not a manmade god?

A god that has a fiery temper, that at one time had to be cajoled and tempered by the soothing words of moses is not a manmade god?

A god that discriminates and promotes racial and tribal discrimination is not a manmade god?

A god that says that the tribe of ancient israel is his own inheritance is not a manmade god?

A god that commands and promotes or.gies of violence and genocide against innocent women and children is not a manmade god?

You gotta be kidding.

People do not reject the Bible because it contradicts itself, but because it contradicts them! We must
recognize, however, that truth is complex, and, in the Bible, God has entrusted us with spiritual truth in all its complexity.
Re: Invented God In The Image Of Mankind??? by malvisguy212: 7:26pm On Sep 04, 2015
herald9:

If you claim your god is invisible and he created you in his own IMAGE, you could've been invisible too.

An invisible being creating a visible being in ITS OWN IMAGE implies a creation error. Just like Toyota trying to model an Avalon but ended up with a Camry.
good,the camry and Avalon are under Toyota product.
Re: Invented God In The Image Of Mankind??? by plaetton: 7:27pm On Sep 04, 2015
malvisguy212:
People do not reject the Bible because it contradicts itself, but because it contradicts them! We must
recognize, however, that truth is complex, and, in the Bible, God has entrusted us with spiritual truth in all its complexity.

What a tangled web of nonsense you weave when you practice to obfuscate and decieve.

Lol.
As expected, truth is not simple, but spiritual, in your upside down christian universe.

I wonder why the wise god didn't make us with simple spiritual brains.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Invented God In The Image Of Mankind??? by malvisguy212: 7:32pm On Sep 04, 2015
mustymatic:

You should not just say it...provide verses regarding to the ones above
man only saw Jesus (“the Word”—John 1:1) after “the Word became flesh and dwelt among us” (John 1:14). He came in a veiled form. No human has ever seen Jesus in His true image (i.e., as a spirit Being( John 4:24) in all His glory and splendor). In his letter to the church at Philippi, the apostle Paul mentioned that Christ, Who had existed in heaven “in the form of God”," made Himself of no reputation,” and took on the “likeness of men” (Philippians 2:6-7). Men saw an embodiment of God as Jesus dwelt here in a fleshly form. Men saw “the Word” that “became flesh.” But no one has ever seen God’s true, complete image (as a spirit Being).
Re: Invented God In The Image Of Mankind??? by plaetton: 7:33pm On Sep 04, 2015
Scholar8200:
^^^ You appear to be ignoring the point of the Op! Why will man 'invent' a God that demands holiness inwardly and outwardly? That is the question!

Because man, as scared and confused as he seemed, still crazes for ideals and harmony.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Invented God In The Image Of Mankind??? by malvisguy212: 7:53pm On Sep 04, 2015
plaetton:

What a tangled web of nonsense you weave when you practice to obfuscate and decieve.

Lol.
As expected, truth is not simple, but spiritual, in your upside down christian universe.

I wonder why the wise god didn't make us with simple spiritual brains.
There is a never ending procession of
online debates and discussions between atheists and believers ,in many of them, if not All, atheists will only end up calling the believers, the bible and the message of christ foolish.
God knew that atheists would be leveling the charge of “foolishness” at believers…even before it happened.

“17 For Christ did not send me to
baptize, but to preach the gospel,
not in cleverness of speech, so that
the cross of Christ would not be
made void.”

The passage, which is found in I Corinthians 1:17-25, and was written by Paul, as it was his motivation for his ministry.

“18 For the word of the cross is
foolishness to those who are
perishing, but to us who are being
saved it is the power of God.”

Here is the key verse concerning why
atheists refer to the Gospel as
foolishness. Because, they know the
truth, but wish to be free from it, they
“suppress the truth” (Romans 1:28). And, when one knows the truth, any truth, but has no legitimate argument against it, their only recourse is to call that truth ‘foolishness’. The interesting thing is that ,the atheists are helping in fulfilling this prophecy, atheists are working for God.
Re: Invented God In The Image Of Mankind??? by herald9: 8:13pm On Sep 04, 2015
malvisguy212:
good,the camry and Avalon are under Toyota product.
angry
Were we discussing Toyota products or error in production?
Re: Invented God In The Image Of Mankind??? by dalaman: 8:23pm On Sep 04, 2015
Scholar8200:

Holiness? That is subjective. According to the bible sexism is holiness for example the bible says women should not preach or teach men and usurp their authority. Hate in the bible is also termed as holiness because the bible says that people should hate self, parents, brothers etc and follow the gospel etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Invented God In The Image Of Mankind??? by mustymatic(m): 8:51pm On Sep 04, 2015
malvisguy212:
man only saw Jesus (“the Word”—John 1:1) after “the Word became flesh and dwelt among us” (John 1:14). He came in a veiled form. No human has ever seen Jesus in His true image (i.e., as a spirit Being( John 4:24) in all His glory and splendor). In his letter to the church at Philippi, the apostle Paul mentioned that Christ, Who had existed in heaven “in the form of God”," made Himself of no reputation,” and took on the “likeness of men” (Philippians 2:6-7). Men saw an embodiment of God as Jesus dwelt here in a fleshly form. Men saw “the Word” that “became flesh.” But no one has ever seen God’s true, complete image (as a spirit Being).
Beatin around d bus#
Re: Invented God In The Image Of Mankind??? by johnydon22(m): 9:40pm On Sep 04, 2015
Now this is funny because the thread itself betrays the Op....funny but the irony is epic...listen..

Op who is a [size=16]man[/size] is asserting his God is not [size=16]man[/size] made, yet he who is a [size=16]man[/size] is the one telling us about the existing non-man made God and he is quoting a book written by [size=16]man[/size] and compiled by [size=16]man[/size] in order to prove to us the God written on the pages of this book written by [size=16]man[/size] is not [size=16]man made....[/size]

can it get any funnier than that? for the fact that a man is the one telling us this speaks much about the truth in it..

only a man made God (idea) needs man to make itself known to man

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Invented God In The Image Of Mankind??? by dalaman: 10:06pm On Sep 04, 2015
johnydon22:
Now this is funny because the thread itself betrays the Op....funny but the irony is epic...listen..

Op who is a [size=16]man[/size] is asserting his God is not [size=16]man[/size] made, yet he who is a [size=16]man[/size] is the one telling us about the existing non-man made God and he is quoting a book written by [size=16]man[/size] and compiled by [size=16]man[/size] in order to prove to us the God written on the pages of this book written by [size=16]man[/size] is not [size=16]man made....[/size]

can it get any funnier than that? for the fact that a man is the one telling us this speaks much about the truth in it..

only a man made God (idea) needs man to make itself known to man

END OF DISCUSSION.

1 Like

Re: Invented God In The Image Of Mankind??? by kevoh(m): 10:22pm On Sep 04, 2015
Very Typical! Shooting yourself in the foot even before your thread kicks off! grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Bitter New World Order On Planet Earth Created By Extraterrestrials / Difference Between Holiness And Righteousness / Meet The 50 Richest Pastors In The World 2017...no 1 Will Shock You!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.