Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,415 members, 7,864,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 07:58 AM

Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT] - Phones (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT] (328651 Views)

Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] / Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] / Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT] by lokoloko84(m): 3:31pm On Dec 19, 2015
I need the help of anybody here.I bought Gionee M2 mini this week and before using it, I charged the battery fully and used the phone until the battery was flat.
When I was to charge,it started from 1% but did not move higher than that.Immediately I put it on, it increased to 45% back to 42% then to 50% and back to 49% while charging.I bought the phone in Ibadan but stayed in Abeokuta.
Is there anyway, I can solve this problem. I need a solution to this,please since it is a new phone.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT] by quivah(f): 3:46pm On Dec 19, 2015
Donpre:

weird.... my color correction was switch off by default. Hope the momentary mishap didn't make you regret getting the phone, cus M3 mini is suppose to be one badazz flawless/faultless beast

BTW, its actually settings => Advanced => Accessibility => color correction - off
actually I didn't regret getting the phone at any point because I wasn't really concerned about the camera. it was still good irrespective just the colour, but now I'm more impressed.

oh yeah right!
Re: Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT] by Emmysteve(m): 4:04pm On Dec 19, 2015
IKON360:
For Psiphon handler settings on mtn, to subscribe text D to 5900, nd 2 unsubscribe, text Cancel7d to 5900 repeat as desired nd kip on enjoying free 150mb continually
can you please help me with the link to download this?
Re: Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT] by quivah(f): 4:12pm On Dec 19, 2015
sanandreas:

Quivah thank you for the pictures you posted.
you welcome
Re: Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT] by Donpre(m): 4:23pm On Dec 19, 2015
lokoloko84:
I need the help of anybody here.I bought Gionee M2 mini this week and before using it, I charged the battery fully and used the phone until the battery was flat.
When I was to charge,it started from 1% but did not move higher than that.Immediately I put it on, it increased to 45% back to 42% then to 50% and back to 49% while charging.I bought the phone in Ibadan but stayed in Abeokuta.
Is there anyway, I can solve this problem. I need a solution to this,please since it is a new phone.
Thanks.

firstly answers the questions with as much details as possible

*are you using the original charger?

*what's your power source? PHCN or GEN... if Gen, what's the power? 2700, 2900 etc

*have you tried using another wall socket, apart from the one you're currently using
Re: Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT] by Donpre(m): 4:30pm On Dec 19, 2015
quivah:

actually I didn't regret getting the phone at any point because I wasn't really concerned about the camera. it was still good irrespective just the colour, but now I'm more impressed.

oh yeah right!
I just intentionally switch ON color correction... Damn! it was like my eyes were being tortured by weird looking colours

I have to give it to you babe, you've got guts!... I for done smash the phone tay-tay
Re: Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT] by Emmysteve(m): 4:50pm On Dec 19, 2015
Please who can assist me, all the psiphon I downloaded ain't working. They would display connecting continously. Please help me out with the link to download the correct app. I am tired.
Re: Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT] by quivah(f): 5:51pm On Dec 19, 2015
Donpre:

I just intentionally switch ON color correction... Damn! it was like my eyes were being tortured by weird looking colours

I have to give it to you babe, you've got guts!... I for done smash the phone tay-tay
honestly when I had the real taste of this phone's crispy colour...I could only imagine the torture I went through when the colour correction was on.
when I used 'weird' to qualify it, someone might think haba!!

I tried o.
Re: Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT] by lokoloko84(m): 6:07pm On Dec 19, 2015
Donpre:

firstly answers the questions with as much details as possible

*are you using the original charger?

*what's your power source? PHCN or GEN... if Gen, what's the power? 2700, 2900 etc

*have you tried using another wall socket, apart from the one you're currently using
It is a new phone which I bought this week and I am using the original charger.
I have charged twice so far and I used PHCN.
I have an extension box I normally use plugged from the wall socket.
Re: Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT] by Sprintx24(m): 6:19pm On Dec 19, 2015
Dopenigga:
is it still within d price range of 16.5k-17k
Dopenigga:
Dopenigga:

Yes! Got mine for 17k, bought a 32gig memory card for 2600 so total cost was 19600, still very OK if you ask me!
Re: Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT] by Donpre(m): 6:22pm On Dec 19, 2015
lokoloko84:
It is a new phone which I bought this week and I am using the original charger.
I have charged twice so far and I used PHCN.
I have an extension box I normally use plugged from the wall socket.
Okay, I can't guarantee this would work tho

Drain the battery to anything below 10%

switch off mobile phone

charge for 4-5hrs straight(even if its filled or doesn't increase leave it)

unplugged charger, then switch ON

Note: Draining your battery less than 15% often is harmful, try to recharge once battery is lower than 40%... only drain to less than 15% and charge till filled one/twice a month(its called healthy charge but can't be harmful when overdone)

like I said at the beginning, I'm no engineer, probability of this helping you is "inconclusive"... but if it does, drop a thing or 2 in the hands of that street begger... he deserves a great Christmas too
Re: Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT] by lokoloko84(m): 6:32pm On Dec 19, 2015
Donpre:

Okay, I can't guarantee this would work tho

Drain the battery to anything below 10%

switch off mobile phone

charge for 4-5hrs straight(even if its filled or doesn't increase leave it)

unplugged charger, then switch ON

Note: Draining your battery less than 15% often is harmful, try to recharge once battery is lower than 40%... only drain to less than 15% and charge till filled one/twice a month(its called healthy charge but can't be harmful when overdone)

like I said at the beginning, I'm no engineer, probability of this helping you is "inconclusive"... but if it does, drop a thing or 2 in the hands of that street begger... he deserves a great Christmas too
Thanks.Will give it a try
Re: Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT] by Sprintx24(m): 6:44pm On Dec 19, 2015
IKON360:
For Psiphon handler settings on mtn, to subscribe text D to 5900, nd 2 unsubscribe, text Cancel7d to 5900 repeat as desired nd kip on enjoying free 150mb continually

Bro please can you upload your psiphon app or give us a link of where you downloaded it please? Thanks!
Re: Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT] by Donpre(m): 6:45pm On Dec 19, 2015
Calling all M3 mini users!... Assemble!

since kingroot is yet to look our side(though I haven't tried it recently)... I decided to check on Hovateck who seems to be busy porting TWRP for Newer device like the Zero 3 and L5... He said he actually needed some files from the M3 mini(which he can't lay hands on at the moment)... if we can upload the files for him, he did get us TWRP in a no distant time

Problem
My PC decided to visit her ancestors recently, as such I can't get the files myself

Solution
Anybody with a PC can get the files, it wouldn't harm or destroy your device

well he needs the recovery.img, boot.IMG and scatter file... though its been long since I ported a ROM and messed around with android source files but I think a nandroid backup with MTK droid tools normally contains all three files along side a lot of other files like data, system etc.

so anyone one with a PC, should volunteer to help, I think I can guide you through the process
Re: Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT] by Nobody: 7:06pm On Dec 19, 2015
Donpre:
Calling all M3 mini users!... Assemble!

since kingroot is yet to look our side(though I haven't tried it recently)... I decided to check on Hovateck who seems to be busy porting TWRP for Newer device like the Zero 3 and L5... He said he actually needed some files from the M3 mini(which he can't lay hands on at the moment)... if we can upload the files for him, he did get us TWRP in a no distant time

Problem
My PC decided to visit her ancestors recently, as such I can't get the files myself

Solution
Anybody with a PC can get the files, it wouldn't harm or destroy your device

well he needs the recovery.img, boot.IMG and scatter file... though its been long since I ported a ROM and messed around with android source files but I think a nandroid backup with MTK droid tools normally contains all three files along side a lot of other files like data, system etc.

so anyone one with a PC, should volunteer to help, I think I can guide you through the process

Damn, I just sold off my PC this week. Tho when it was still around I couldn't get MTK droid tools to detect the phone. Installed every driver I could get my hands on.

It uses a special driver or something?
Re: Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT] by Donpre(m): 7:21pm On Dec 19, 2015
Phoenix619:

Damn, I just sold off my PC this week. Tho when it was still around I couldn't get MTK droid tools to detect the phone. Installed every driver I could get my hands on.

It uses a special driver or something?
maybe its your OS version, win10 or 8 doesn't work well with most apps, 7 and XP are the best... Or maybe you were using mt65xx drivers which won't work cus you're using a mt67xx device

anyway thanks
Re: Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT] by Owobobrown(m): 7:25pm On Dec 19, 2015
4peace:

grin grin grin enjoy i'm just joking grin grin
Just discovered a solution by adding your apps to white list
Re: Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT] by Nobody: 7:41pm On Dec 19, 2015
Donpre:

maybe its your OS version, win10 or 8 doesn't work well with most apps, 7 and XP are the best... Or maybe you were using mt65xx drivers which won't work cus you're using a mt67xx device

anyway thanks

Maybe cus it's win 8. I used mt67 drivers. I still have the raw files on my phone. Well that's BTW.
Re: Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT] by Sprintx24(m): 8:29pm On Dec 19, 2015
Cheny:

I am on Eti & with Glo bis as support.

Please can you post your psiphon apk and the Etisalat settings you are using please?
Re: Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT] by Dopenigga(m): 8:35pm On Dec 19, 2015
Sprintx24:

Yes! Got mine for 17k, bought a 32gig memory card for 2600 so total cost was 19600, still very OK if you ask me!
k tanks,can't wait to buy d phone smiley[quote author=Sprintx24 post=41155571]
Re: Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT] by Donpre(m): 9:04pm On Dec 19, 2015
whilst still working on a way to get this phone rooted

I actually discovered something new today, it seems to only work when DTS is ON and only appears when you don't have an earpiece plugged in

check it out... it called volume strengthening

Re: Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT] by Mascotlawman: 9:11pm On Dec 19, 2015
someone should answer me please. How do I use glo 3gb bis on this phone? I need help on this please.
Re: Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT] by ochuski(m): 9:11pm On Dec 19, 2015
Wow! No root yet?... Wat abt clockworkmod... If u've gotten dat den u can use it to flash supersu zip in nd its automatically rooted @Donpre
Re: Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT] by Donpre(m): 9:28pm On Dec 19, 2015
ochuski:
Wow! No root yet?... Wat abt clockworkmod... If u've gotten dat den u can use it to flash supersu zip in nd its automatically rooted @Donpre
that's what we're tryna do, get TWRP(also a recovery like CWM) then flash SuperSU binary via it... but we need the recovery.img, boot.img and Scatter file
Re: Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT] by ochuski(m): 9:32pm On Dec 19, 2015
Donpre:

that's what we're tryna do, get TWRP(also a recovery like CWM) then flash SuperSU binary via it... but we need the recovery.img, boot.img and Scatter file
now i see...i would av helped if i had d phone...am waiting for m5 mini... Make una try sha
Re: Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT] by Sprintx24(m): 9:44pm On Dec 19, 2015
augster:
enjoy jawe baba

Please do you have to subscribe to any plan before the openvpn can work? If yes, what is the plan and subscription code. Thanks!
Re: Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT] by Sprintx24(m): 9:46pm On Dec 19, 2015
BlaqqDahCritic:
omo d open VPN work wella....@ boss augster I hail!!!! ,......08104946554 plz add my number to the WhatsApp group

Please do you have to subscribe to any plan before the openvpn can work? If yes, what is the plan and subscription code. Thanks!
Re: Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT] by augster(m): 9:49pm On Dec 19, 2015
Sprintx24:

it‘s an alternative to simple server and psiphon with mtn bis
Re: Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT] by Sprintx24(m): 10:13pm On Dec 19, 2015
IKON360:
Psiphon is dope, I hav used almost 3gb in 4 days

Please share your psiphon settings and plan you are using and how to set it up. Thanks!
Re: Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT] by bobojoshua(m): 12:08am On Dec 20, 2015
IKON360:
Re: Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT] by IKON360(m): 3:45am On Dec 20, 2015
I just got a very ordinary psiphon handler nd it ws version 88. Dats d one I nd my guys in school use. Version 88 of psiphon handler.

Dose dat need 2 enjoy glo 3gig per month package @ 1k, 1st download mtk engineering apk, den look 4 d settings on either nairaland or Google. Its on a lot of threads in d fone section, I looked 4 it nd found it nd so can u.
Re: Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT] by quivah(f): 7:28am On Dec 20, 2015
IKON360:
I just got a very ordinary psiphon handler nd it ws version 88. Dats d one I nd my guys in school use. Version 88 of psiphon handler.

Dose dat need 2 enjoy glo 3gig per month package @ 1k, 1st download mtk engineering apk, den look 4 d settings on either nairaland or Google. Its on a lot of threads in d fone section, I looked 4 it nd found it nd so can u.
Thanks dear.. Followed your steps and I got it done!
Now blazing !!

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (146) (Reply)

Free Kjv Bible Download On Phone / How To Unlock Your Swift, Smile Etc MIFI To Use Ntel Sim. / Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.