Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics - Education (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics (51484 Views)

99% Will Fail This Simple Logic, I Swear / 95% Will Pronounce This Number Wrongly.. / 95% Of Nairalander Will Fail This,picx. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by repogirl(f): 6:17pm On Sep 06, 2015
Feelingfree:

3+3*3-3+3 = 3+(3*3)-(3-3)

Remember that when opening a bracket the sign in front of the bracket is used to multiply each number inside the bracket

Eg -x+x = -(x-x) = -1*x -x*-1= -x+x

So u must apply bracket in such a way that opening it gives the same equation as the original
yeah, I get you....na wah o, so 6 is actually the correct answer. This maths don confuse person taya.
Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by LordReed(m): 6:26pm On Sep 06, 2015
repogirl:
yeah, I get you....na wah o, so 6 is actually the correct answer. This maths don confuse person taya.

No, the answer is 12. What that post was explaining is that - 3 + 3 is not the same as - (3+3). The first one will give you 0 while the 2nd will give you -6, which will definitely change your final answer. The confusion here is that some folks are interpreting -3+3 as -(3+3) which is wrong.

3 Likes

Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by Temihatz(m): 6:45pm On Sep 06, 2015
LordReed:

No, the answer is 12. What that post was explaining is that - 3 + 3 is not the same as - (3+3). The first one will give you 0 while the 2nd will give you -6, which will definitely change your final answer. The confusion here is that some folks are interpreting -3+3 as -(3+3) which is wrong.

That is why I asked them to solve this:

Temihatz:

Don't mind that guy.
Pls those solving -3+3 as -(3+3)= -6 should try n solve this:
U borrow N100 from mtn (for calling your gf) I.e -100 acct bal. Then u pay up the N100 (by recharging N100) I.e +100; How much will you have left?
cc BishopMagic and co

***All of em r dodging it***
Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by Ramos16(m): 7:03pm On Sep 06, 2015
Chinaboi:
u b real olodo parata. simple bodmas dey fall ur hand...

My guy, how na, so u still believe say 6 na the answer? I do not have time for this type of foolish argument, abeg, stay your zone
Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by LordReed(m): 10:59pm On Sep 06, 2015
Temihatz:

That is why I asked them to solve this:

***All of em r dodging it***

Exactly. I was wondering what I could use as an example, your post shows it well.
Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by Folzye(m): 6:06am On Sep 07, 2015
repogirl:

I explained the concept of applying brackets earlier to u ppl, thought u got the clue.. But it's apparent u want me to explain again and solve this easy piece of mathematics.

It's easy, applying the rule of BODMAS.. there is no bracket in the question given hence DO NOT introduce any from of bracket and if u DO check out for the signs cos it has got to change.. So here we go

METHOD 1 (WITHOUT BRACKETS

MULTIPLY ONLY 3×3=9;

3+3×3-3+3= 3+9-3+3= 12

METHOD 2(WEN U DECIDE TO INCLUDE BRACKETS)

3+(3×3)-(3-3)= 3+9-0=12

NOTE: EXPANDING THE BRACKETS RETURN US BACK TO OUR INITIAL QUESTION -(3-3)= - 3+3...... HOPE U NOW UNDERSTAND.

HENCE THE ANSWER IS 12.
Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by ChucE(m): 9:59pm On Aug 08, 2017
Abeg, Forget all this long long maths wey una dey write here. Na who be DAT wey dey use dy/dx , yet you still fail am. Simple, the answer na 18. Small maths like this na in una dey fail. CHAI! THERE IS GOD OH!
Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by omeome: 7:12pm On Jun 12, 2018
The answer is 12.
Case close

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Overrated Courses In Nigerian Universities / How Can I Locate Lagos Waec Office? / Funny List Of Nigerian Universities & What They Are Known For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.