Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,886 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

A Demon's Story: One of Too Many - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Demon's Story: One of Too Many (711 Views)

INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon / Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon / Something Wicked (Between A Demon And A Priest) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Demon's Story: One of Too Many by Talius(m): 2:41am On Sep 05, 2015
A look at the thoughts of an idle demon. Do enjoy and comment where appropriate

I was bored, and so I looked into the world to see if I could find today's source of happiness. Without much difficulty, I saw him, all idle and I said to myself, "this should be fun" - don't judge, I've had a very dull day without any fun.

I watched as he paced about his room like a child expecting his mother's return, his phone rang and he leaped towards it as a goal keeper eager to save his team from a late goal leading to a disgraceful loss. He was smiling all through the call, making me wonder and ponder who was on the other end - I then smiled to myself, I was assured of a better day already, I was hooked to this young man's acts.

I kept my eyes fixed on him so as not to miss any important act he might play in his life's drama, and know where to fix in my touch to make it destructive, and go KABOOM!!! *evil grin*

He hurriedly dressed up, locked his one room apartment and hopped onto the next available 'okada' to a destination which I realised as I followed, wasn't far from where he lives. He walked about with a sense of familiarity for the environment which didn't appear as a surprise to me, the matter bugging me was the haste with which he moved about, like an athlete heading for the finish line. He entered a building which stood amongst many other identical ones, and ran up the stairs to the penultimate floor, heading with fixed eyes to 'the room' and knocked with fidgety stance as he awaited a reply. At this moment, I decided it was time for me to step in and add a little spice to his day because I felt it was getting too typical - I needed him to 'sin'. Lo and behold, the next scene shocked me *eyes bulge out* the door opened and I saw what had made my muse-bringer go unsettled throughout the day, she was a beauty, she was a recognizable beauty as she had played a role in giving me muse on a previous boring day . I decided to wait a bit and see what the meeting between these two was and alas it was what I was thinking *feeling glad* they were making out with extreme vigour that I decided that my touch wasn't needed in this guy's life, at least not today, he was on the verge of 'self-destruction'.

I've found out that man has a way of damning himself without external help, what annoys me the most is that everything is blamed on the devil, agreed he does have so many things in this world that seduces or should i say tempts the inner-man but the entire pride of destruction should be handed to man himself.

This is a demon's innocent observation, believe it or not, man does owe me an apology for ruining my daily source of muse, causing havoc to himself without my help.
Re: A Demon's Story: One of Too Many by Talius(m): 6:41am On Oct 10, 2015
Many more appealing write-ups available at www.taliusdike..com

(1) (Reply)

Wind Of Change / For The Life Of Me (episode 1) / A Nairalander Tribute To Professor Wole Soyinka (A Must Read Poem)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.