Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,094 members, 7,835,684 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

Rivers Assembly Moves To Investigate Wike’s Projects- The Guardian - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Assembly Moves To Investigate Wike’s Projects- The Guardian (760 Views)

National Assembly Moves To Invoke The Constitution Over Buhari's Health / Police To Investigate Wike Over Audio Tape / National Assembly Set To Take Over Rivers Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers Assembly Moves To Investigate Wike’s Projects- The Guardian by HungerBAD: 4:36am On Sep 05, 2015
Rivers State House of Assembly is set to investigate projects embarked upon by Governor Nyesom Wike-led administration.

Speaker of the House, Ikuinyi Ibani, said the purpose of the projects assessment was not meant to witch-hunt the executive arm of the government or anyone, but a demonstration of their oversight functions.

The lawmakers’ decision to probe Wike’s projects followed a motion presented by the Leader of the House, Martin Amaewhule on ‘assessment of the performance of the state government from May 29 to date’.

Amaewhule, in the motion, noted that the Eighth Assembly had earlier approved requests by the Wike-led administration for loans to be used in executing some road projects in the state, stressing that the decision was not meant to witch-hunt the governor.

The House leader who represents Obio/Akpor Constituency said, “I, urged the House to visit the projects’ sites to ascertain, if the funds were used as requested by the state government.

He also urged the House, to make pronouncement of their findings to Rivers people after the inspection. The lawmakers, in their separate submissions, recalled that in the first 30 days of the governor in office, the House approved the sum of N30 billion for the state government.

They upheld that it was imperative to find out how the monies were spent, adding that there had been much publicity on the achievements of the present administration.

However, Speaker of the House, Ibani, reiterated that members of the Eighth Assembly would not be armchair representatives, emphasizing that there should be value for money.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/09/rivers-assembly-moves-to-investigate-wikes-projects/

1 Like

Re: Rivers Assembly Moves To Investigate Wike’s Projects- The Guardian by helpsystem: 4:38am On Sep 05, 2015
Re: Rivers Assembly Moves To Investigate Wike’s Projects- The Guardian by Flets: 4:42am On Sep 05, 2015
Ok
Re: Rivers Assembly Moves To Investigate Wike’s Projects- The Guardian by MikelEleta(m): 4:44am On Sep 05, 2015
Nice one frm d law makers. Let dem do their job thoroughly buh my mind tells me NOTHING incriminating wud come out of it. D law makers jst wnt pple to see dem as working. D reasons re 1. Wike jst came in nd knws Amaechis eyes re on him xo he wud thread softly for now. 2. The Assembly is totally dominated by PDP members same as Wike xo I don't see dem witch hunting one of their own

1 Like

Re: Rivers Assembly Moves To Investigate Wike’s Projects- The Guardian by c33b33(m): 4:46am On Sep 05, 2015
Good move. If Wike has stolen please expose him.
And also spend time to make good laws for Rivers people.

IPOB Youth
Re: Rivers Assembly Moves To Investigate Wike’s Projects- The Guardian by menix(m): 4:54am On Sep 05, 2015
Dead on arrival...

Thou relevant for my APC goons, cous he headline alone will go a long way to sooth their nerves...

1 Like

Re: Rivers Assembly Moves To Investigate Wike’s Projects- The Guardian by donholy28(m): 5:10am On Sep 05, 2015
Make dem free wike...d man is working

1 Like

Re: Rivers Assembly Moves To Investigate Wike’s Projects- The Guardian by ionsman: 5:28am On Sep 05, 2015
Eye service. .

1 Like

Re: Rivers Assembly Moves To Investigate Wike’s Projects- The Guardian by mrvitalis(m): 6:11am On Sep 05, 2015
Please these people should just go and sleep

My only problem with wike is the quality of the projects he is doing. ... Yes hate or love ameachi but one thing u can't take away from the mam Is the his projects were world class...
Roads came with underground drainage system
Schools were as good as they can be any were in the world
Hospitals were also world class
Wike should make sure he doesn't do the type of odili projects in rivers state
Re: Rivers Assembly Moves To Investigate Wike’s Projects- The Guardian by ishiamu(m): 8:38am On Sep 05, 2015
Step in the right direction, just to keep on track on what's good and bad

(1) (Reply)

A Little More On Mr. President's Right Hand ManMan, Rotimi Amaechi / PDP Would Have Won If I Wasn’t Removed, Says Tukur. / Counter Thread: Mr TonyeBarcanista: Your Wrong View, My View;

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.