Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,514 members, 7,816,250 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

You Can Hate The King,but Dont Let It Affect Your Love For The Kingdom, - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Can Hate The King,but Dont Let It Affect Your Love For The Kingdom, (701 Views)

”I Do Not Hate The Fulanis Or Anyone” – Fayose / I Don’t Hate The North Like People Believe – Nnamdi Kanu / Saraki Prays With Buhari, Sanusi And The King Of Morocco (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Can Hate The King,but Dont Let It Affect Your Love For The Kingdom, by pauldehero(m): 9:27am On Sep 05, 2015
This is one of the most sensible comments I've read in a while, as regards to President Buhari's nominations. All these selfish, silly and aggrieved Yoruba/ Igbo people should just go and sit somewhere. Ndigbo's that are killing themselves about the appointments made so far by President Buhari are just funny. Aside the fact that we Igbos shouldn’t expect sensitive appointments from him because many of us hate him without any justifiable reason and no smart politician will give such positions to his ‘enemies’, what did all our brothers that occupied sensitive positions recently achieved for our geopolitical zone? Recall that Igbos recently occupied head positions in Central Bank and Ministry of Finance. Also, an Igbo was recently appointed Secretary to Government of the federation, Minister of power, Minister of Solid Minerals, Head of Due Process unit, Minister of Education, Minister of Aviation, Executive Director of Nigerian Communications Commission, Chief of Army Staff, Inspector General of Police, Senate President, Deputy Senate President and Deputy speaker of house of Representatives. Also recently, an Igbo was appointed the Director General of National Broadcasting Commission. The question is what did all those Igbo appointees achieved for Ndi Igbo? Even Goodluck Jonathan that you foolishly accepted as your brother during his days in Aso Rock achieved nothing for you when he was the President. If appointments can dictate how a region should develop, Southeast would have been a paradise by now because our brothers occupied almost all the sensitive positions recently. Another thing Igbos should understand is that the federal character principle they are quoting as their basis of argument is the greatest enemy of Nigeria especially Igbos. This principle champions the promotion of tribal mindsets instead of meritocracy in Nigeria as Nigerians are always after the state of origin of every federal appointee and prospective candidates for admissions instead of their performance. It is because of same federal character that a provision was made for ‘Education less developed’ states which always make it possible for indigenes of those states to be giving more and cheaper consideration during admissions and recruitment in order to promote equity in line with the federal character. This is Rubbish! Such has caused situations whereby somebody from Anambra or Imo will score average of about 260 in JAMB UTME and POST- UTME but will be denied admission while somebody from states like Zamfara, Ebonyi or Bayelsa will score average of about180 and will be admitted in order to achieve the so called equity in intellectual distribution among all the states in line with same federal character. Same federal character is the reason why instead of criticising the performance ability of appointees, Nigerians especially Igbos will only be interested in their states of origin. Federal character is evil. This is the hour of change and it must be jettisoned! If Nigeria must progress, we must do away with federal character and state of origin provisions and encourage meritocracy and state of residence. I don’t care where appointees come from, all I want is excellent performance. If the wailing Igbos like they should continue hating Buhari while the Niger-Deltans are busy consolidating their region and supporting his government. At last Igbos will remain the wailing loosers. It baffles me the way some of my Igbo brothers are hating Buhari without any justifiable reason. Even the Niger-Deltans that are more closer to the failed government of Goodluck Jonathan always acknowledge that he betrayed them, but the Igbos that are not in any way brothers to the failed President are killing themselves and even their conscience with baseless sentiments. Also, I have expected these misguided Igbos to understand that the Niger-Deltans who they foolishly took as their brothers during the elections are not at any point with them. These Niger-Deltans have understood that they can't make any political achievement in Nigeria without the cooperation of other tribes, and wisely began to issue their supports and cooperation to the Buhari led government while the misguided Igbos are still enslaving themselves with baseless sentiments. Believe it or not, political appointments are catalysed by intelligent lobbying and not unnecessary hatred. No smart politician will appoint his haters to sensitive positions. I will never blame Buhari if he fails to appoint any Igbo to key positions. I am proud of Niger- Deltans and they are already reaping the fruits of their wisdom. Igbos should have a rethink! Written by:- Chukwu emeka

2 Likes

Re: You Can Hate The King,but Dont Let It Affect Your Love For The Kingdom, by Nobody: 9:30am On Sep 05, 2015
you have said it all
Re: You Can Hate The King,but Dont Let It Affect Your Love For The Kingdom, by Nobody: 9:32am On Sep 05, 2015
read it halfway, buh i'm convinced.
Re: You Can Hate The King,but Dont Let It Affect Your Love For The Kingdom, by OVI75(m): 9:35am On Sep 05, 2015
Thats not sufficient excuse to alienate the igbos from sentitive apointments,and i dare to ask what have the north benefited from all the high offices their folks had ocupied since naija became independent?
Re: You Can Hate The King,but Dont Let It Affect Your Love For The Kingdom, by Nobody: 9:40am On Sep 05, 2015
Another vain and worthless piece.
Re: You Can Hate The King,but Dont Let It Affect Your Love For The Kingdom, by OZAOEKPE(f): 9:42am On Sep 05, 2015
This Zoo must crumble Biafra my "jerusalem" Niger Delta my residence

1 Like

Re: You Can Hate The King,but Dont Let It Affect Your Love For The Kingdom, by vayne(m): 9:44am On Sep 05, 2015
Why shouldn't the igbos expect sensitive positions from buhari
Because they didn't vote him? Do you know what it means to oppose,as regards opposition?
Everyone cannot vote for candidate,this is not a military regime.
And that is not an excuse to deny igbos sensitive appointments,in the name of competence.

Which is better: Nigeria's unity or competence?

My take:Nigeria needs both.
Re: You Can Hate The King,but Dont Let It Affect Your Love For The Kingdom, by donholy28(m): 9:54am On Sep 05, 2015
But d koko now is that people have hated d kingdom before d king sef
Re: You Can Hate The King,but Dont Let It Affect Your Love For The Kingdom, by psucc(m): 9:57am On Sep 05, 2015
If we draw an analogy: If you don't like your Mathematics teacher, F9 is sure in mathematics itself.
Re: You Can Hate The King,but Dont Let It Affect Your Love For The Kingdom, by truefact: 10:22am On Sep 05, 2015
We hate both the king and the kingdom. ...the jungle must sure be destroyed. ...
Re: You Can Hate The King,but Dont Let It Affect Your Love For The Kingdom, by pauldehero(m): 11:04am On Sep 05, 2015
unity and oneness, we can make the country work, igbos should start nurturing god fearing politicians, lets talk about the future, i am igbo my self. So i am just worried for my people
Re: You Can Hate The King,but Dont Let It Affect Your Love For The Kingdom, by kernel501: 11:19am On Sep 05, 2015
pauldehero:
This is one of the most sensible comments
I've read in a
while, as regards to President Buhari's
nominations.
All these selfish, silly and aggrieved Yoruba/
Igbo people
should just go and sit somewhere.
Ndigbo's that are killing themselves about
the appointments made so far by President
Buhari are just funny. Aside the fact that we
Igbos shouldn’t expect sensitive
appointments from him because many of us
hate him without any justifiable reason and
no smart politician will give such positions
to his ‘enemies’,
what did all our brothers that occupied
sensitive positions
recently achieved for our geopolitical zone?
Recall that Igbos
recently occupied head positions in Central
Bank and
Ministry of Finance. Also, an Igbo was
recently appointed
Secretary to Government of the federation,
Minister of
power, Minister of Solid Minerals, Head of
Due Process unit,
Minister of Education, Minister of Aviation,
Executive
Director of Nigerian Communications
Commission, Chief of
Army Staff, Inspector General of Police,
Senate President,
Deputy Senate President and Deputy speaker
of house of
Representatives. Also recently, an Igbo was
appointed the
Director General of National Broadcasting
Commission. The
question is what did all those Igbo
appointees achieved for
Ndi Igbo? Even Goodluck Jonathan that you
foolishly
accepted as your brother during his days in
Aso Rock
achieved nothing for you when he was the
President.
If appointments can dictate how a region
should develop,
Southeast would have been a paradise by
now because our
brothers occupied almost all the sensitive
positions recently.
Another thing Igbos should understand is
that the federal
character principle they are quoting as their
basis of
argument is the greatest enemy of Nigeria
especially Igbos.
This principle champions the promotion of
tribal mindsets
instead of meritocracy in Nigeria as
Nigerians are always
after the state of origin of every federal
appointee and
prospective candidates for admissions
instead of their
performance. It is because of same federal
character that a
provision was made for ‘Education less
developed’ states
which always make it possible for indigenes
of those states
to be giving more and cheaper
consideration during
admissions and recruitment in order to
promote equity in
line with the federal character. This is
Rubbish! Such has
caused situations whereby somebody from
Anambra or Imo
will score average of about 260 in JAMB
UTME and POST-
UTME but will be denied admission while
somebody from
states like Zamfara, Ebonyi or Bayelsa will
score average of
about180 and will be admitted in order to
achieve the so
called equity in intellectual distribution
among all the states
in line with same federal character. Same
federal character
is the reason why instead of criticising the
performance
ability of appointees, Nigerians especially
Igbos will only be
interested in their states of origin.
Federal character is evil.
This is the hour of change and it must be
jettisoned! If
Nigeria must progress, we must do away
with federal
character and state of origin provisions and
encourage
meritocracy and state of residence. I don’t
care where
appointees come from, all I want is excellent
performance.
If the wailing Igbos like they should
continue hating Buhari
while the Niger-Deltans are busy
consolidating their region
and supporting his government. At last
Igbos will remain the
wailing loosers. It baffles me the way some
of my Igbo
brothers are hating Buhari without any
justifiable reason.
Even the Niger-Deltans that are more closer
to the failed
government of Goodluck Jonathan always
acknowledge that
he betrayed them, but the Igbos that are not
in any way
brothers to the failed President are killing
themselves and
even their conscience with baseless
sentiments. Also, I have
expected these misguided Igbos to
understand that the
Niger-Deltans who they foolishly took as
their brothers
during the elections are not at any point
with them. These
Niger-Deltans have understood that they
can't make any
political achievement in Nigeria without the
cooperation of
other tribes, and wisely began to issue their
supports and
cooperation to the Buhari led government
while the
misguided Igbos are still enslaving
themselves with baseless
sentiments. Believe it or not, political
appointments are
catalysed by intelligent lobbying and not
unnecessary
hatred. No smart politician will appoint his
haters to
sensitive positions.
I will never blame Buhari if he fails to
appoint any Igbo to key positions. I am
proud of Niger- Deltans and they are already
reaping the fruits of their wisdom. Igbos
should have a rethink!
Written by:- Chukwu emeka

Yoruba please get a job, how can you be an Igbo man, yet you cant spell your name Chukwu emeka, there's no space in-between.
Re: You Can Hate The King,but Dont Let It Affect Your Love For The Kingdom, by pauldehero(m): 12:45pm On Sep 05, 2015
kernel501:

Yoruba please get a job, how can you be an Igbo man, yet you cant spell your name Chukwu emeka, there's no space in-between.
ohh is that what u think, have u heared on christian chukwu, hey mind you i sheared an article that can help we the igbos, but i see thar the radio biafra cant let u reason well
Re: You Can Hate The King,but Dont Let It Affect Your Love For The Kingdom, by kernel501: 1:59pm On Sep 05, 2015
pauldehero:
ohh is that what u think, have u heared on christian chukwu, hey mind you i sheared an article that can help we the igbos, but i see thar the radio biafra cant let u reason well

I have issues with the school that graduated you, having failed in their primary English objective to teach you that Chukwu emeka and Chukwuemeka aren't the same thing. Even if ... They are first name and last name, the two must start with a capital letter.
Re: You Can Hate The King,but Dont Let It Affect Your Love For The Kingdom, by Nobody: 2:28pm On Sep 05, 2015
kernel501:

Yoruba people are snakes. They always pretend to be igbo

(1) (Reply)

Photo:obama Warns US To Prepare For 10,000 Muslim ‘migrants’ / How #bringbackourgirls Changed To #bringbackezekwesili / Teenage Girl Stabs Mother To Death After Watching Beheading Video Online. Sad!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.