Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,929 members, 7,835,104 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

What Is Going On In This Section? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Going On In This Section? (810 Views)

Gentlemen, I Have Just Been Informed That There Is Going To Be A Coup Tonight / PENGASSAN Going On Strike On Thursday / Live PICS Of Protest Going On At IKEDC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Going On In This Section? by mekaboy(m): 1:35pm On Sep 05, 2015
What is really going on in this political section? all i see here is igbos this yoruba that delta this hausa that. We no longer discuss national issues with objectivity.

I hope this madness only goes online, because this trend is not healthy for national development.
Re: What Is Going On In This Section? by MizMyColi(f): 1:38pm On Sep 05, 2015
Is Nigeria a Nation?
Or a conglomerate of states?

2 Likes

Re: What Is Going On In This Section? by mekaboy(m): 1:43pm On Sep 05, 2015
MizMyColi:
Is Nigeria a Nation? Or a conglomerate of states?
If u ask me, na who i go ask?
Re: What Is Going On In This Section? by UrennaNkoli(f): 1:46pm On Sep 05, 2015
Some igbos are not accomodating at all. They should learn to be accomodating. Same for the yoruba's who have this uncommon disregard for the igbos. The hausa's are trying to some extent.
Sentiments apart.
Re: What Is Going On In This Section? by omenka(m): 1:56pm On Sep 05, 2015
mekaboy:
What is really going on in this political section? all i see here is igbos this yoruba that delta this hausa that. We no longer discuss national issues with objectivity.

I hope this madness only goes online, because this trend is not healthy for national development.
It is really disgusting to say the least. This section has been turned into a recluse of its former self, no thanks to the politics of ethnicity, hatred and religion entrenched by the admin of Jonathan, all in a desperate bid to cling onto power.

Seun, Lalasticlala, I wish you guys can find someone to ensure all these seccessionist, tribal, and racial threads are taken to their appropriate sections soon as they are created. These e-tribal warlords know there is a dedicated section for their nonsense but instead of taking them there, they insist on spamming this board with their trash making real-politik nearly impossible of very difficult to discuss.

It isn't the first time a member would draw attention to this ugly trend. I did call out OAM4J, Afam4ever, Seun, Ishilove et al at some point ( www.nairaland.com/2429692/attention-ikenna351-oam4j-afam4eva )to tend to the issue, and they did promise to fix it but apparently, things appear to have degenerated since then. I don't know if it is a deliberate act on the mods to allow this fester or they are simply overwhelmed- if the later is the case, I believe there are countless number of members that are willing to take up this task pro-bono.

The politics section has to get its groove back ASAP.

1 Like

Re: What Is Going On In This Section? by worthytalk: 2:01pm On Sep 05, 2015
Biafra!
Re: What Is Going On In This Section? by Iykopee(m): 2:02pm On Sep 05, 2015
mekaboy:

^^^^ A country built on faulty foundation is vulnerable to divisive politics. U shud have known.
Re: What Is Going On In This Section? by ELTON123(m): 2:37pm On Sep 05, 2015
Waste slave

3 Likes

Re: What Is Going On In This Section? by basilo101: 2:43pm On Sep 05, 2015
omenka:
It is really disgusting to say the least. This section has been turned into a recluse of its former self, no thanks to the politics of ethnicity, hatred and religion entrenched by the admin of Jonathan, all in a desperate bid to cling onto power.

Seun, Lalasticlala, I wish you guys can find someone to ensure all these seccessionist, tribal, and racial threads are taken to their appropriate sections soon as they are created. These e-tribal warlords know there is a dedicated section for their nonsense but instead of taking them there, they insist on spamming this board with their trash making real-politik nearly impossible of very difficult to discuss.

It isn't the first time a member would draw attention to this ugly trend. I did call out OAM4J, Afam4ever, Seun, Ishilove et al at some point ( www.nairaland.com/2429692/attention-ikenna351-oam4j-afam4eva )to tend to the issue, and they did promise to fix it but apparently, things appear to have degenerated since then. I don't know if it is a deliberate act on the mods to allow this fester or they are simply overwhelmed- if the later is the case, I believe there are countless number of members that are willing to take up this task pro-bono.

U are actually one of the trouble makers here with the comment in bold above.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Going On In This Section? by LordMecuzy(m): 2:43pm On Sep 05, 2015
We got too much kids now here
Re: What Is Going On In This Section? by MrRobot: 2:47pm On Sep 05, 2015
Yorubas are boiling ever since the Biafran movement started getting world attention. They fear the Igbos leaving them soo much that they will do anything to stop it from happening. Thus they continually create threads to cause division between Biafrans especially the likes of princedebola. They dude must be the most jobless human with an Internet access.

1 Like

Re: What Is Going On In This Section? by Babalegba(m): 2:54pm On Sep 05, 2015
MrRobot:
Yorubas are boiling ever since the Biafran movement started getting world attention. They fear the Igbos leaving them soo much that they will do anything to stop it from happening. Thus they continually create threads to cause division between Biafrans especially the likes of princedebola. They dude must be the most jobless human with an Internet access.
You are joking, most Yoruba's got fed up with ibos during the presidential election and are now clamouring for ibos to EFF off out of of yorubaland.

1 Like

Re: What Is Going On In This Section? by LesbianBoy(m): 2:56pm On Sep 05, 2015
basilo101:

U are actually one of the trouble makers here with the comment in bold above.
Don't mind that boy jor! You just said what was on my mind! If he wasn't tribalistic, he would know its buhari's ''body language'' that is the cause of this nonsense! When obasanjo, yaradua and Gej were president, the polity wasn't heated this much. Both here on nairaland and the real world! So why is it in buhari's time that all these is happening. No more sensible argument here. Na so so insults here and there posting of ''wailing wailers'' even when buhari is doing something wrong. Anyways how i wish seun can just say ''Lesbianboy i hereby make you a moderator of political section for just 2 weeks. Your job is to cleanse this section'' mennnnnn......wetin i go take all these tribalistic bastard wey plenty for here, eye see eh!
Re: What Is Going On In This Section? by mekaboy(m): 7:12pm On Sep 05, 2015
So i open thread for solution una carry fight come here. U will soon see my true colour.
Re: What Is Going On In This Section? by OZAOEKPE(f): 7:15pm On Sep 05, 2015
omenka:

Poor dude

1 Like

Re: What Is Going On In This Section? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Sep 05, 2015
Op what you are seeing is non other than the reflection of the future of the nation you are in.... The balkanization course taking effects.
Re: What Is Going On In This Section? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Sep 05, 2015
We should all work together, regardless of our ethnicity & religious beliefs to propel this Nation to the pinnacle of Glory.

Pls, who has the official theme song for Nigeria 99'?

The chorus goes thus:

“Welcome To Nigeria 99'
Welcome To Africa
Welcome To The Land Where Milk & Honey Flows”

I am being overwhelmed with the spirit of patriotism.

*Bar man, bring 2 more cartons of Heineken & 40 packs of Benson switch for my fellow comrades* grin

Re: What Is Going On In This Section? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Sep 05, 2015
omenka:

king of tribalism.
Re: What Is Going On In This Section? by mekaboy(m): 10:58am On Sep 15, 2015
This fight might be interesting for a while. But after a while it becomes boring and kills this section. Something has to be done before matured minds find this section childish.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Fires FCT Revenue Service Chairman, Others / If Boko Haram Releases All Chibok Girls, I May Grant Them Amnesty – Buhari / Saraki: Apc Deputy Publicity Secretary Writes Open Letter To Buhari.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.