Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,445 members, 7,830,225 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

My Uk Visiting Visa Application Is Almost 3 Months Now, Is There Still Hope? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Uk Visiting Visa Application Is Almost 3 Months Now, Is There Still Hope? (1177 Views)

Please Help: How Can I Track My Uk Visa Application - Applicant Status / Renewing My Uk Visa! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Uk Visiting Visa Application Is Almost 3 Months Now, Is There Still Hope? by Larrykyo(m): 10:49am On Apr 04, 2009
Hello Nairalanders, I urgently need advice from people who knows about Uk visa application proccessings , I applied for uk visa (6 month) In this yr Feb.2009 and the result is yet to be out till today April:4:2009,good statement of account, etc, all documents is legit, If refused , granted or whatever i dont know (Nothing came out) , Please is this normal ? and should i still have some patients ? will my passport be released ? is there any hope ? pls urgent reply needed !!!

Good bless
Re: My Uk Visiting Visa Application Is Almost 3 Months Now, Is There Still Hope? by 3sha4lyf: 1:28pm On Apr 04, 2009
Larrykyo:

Hello Nairalanders, I urgently need advice from people who knows about Uk visa application proccessings , I applied for uk visa (6 month) In this yr Feb.2009 and the result is yet to be out till today April:4:2009,good statement of account, etc, all documents is legit, If refused , granted or whatever i dont know (Nothing came out) , Please is this normal ? and should i still have some patients ? will my passport be released ? is there any hope ? pls urgent reply needed !!!

Good bless

I am also in the same shoes oh, mine is even worse than yours, i applied since january 2009 for students visa, class to start 4th febuary, missed the date, was given a new start date for 4th april, yet till date, my passport never come out not to talk of the visa inside it. ried calling them every week, they said dey wer workin on it. sent them a mail, they replied sayin my application was defered for some checks(i wonder wat). na so i see am till today. April 4 don pass so i just dey look for something to do becos if you focus your mind on these people, you'll be stagnant. you can never make a plan ahead in this country. i even had to remind tham of thier "Guideline to Visa Application" on their website and they said if there were other things to check, it will exceed 60 days. you can imagine that one cant even travel anyother place cos the bhc has your passport and they are doing nothing , its so crazy!!! my dear just relax.
Re: My Uk Visiting Visa Application Is Almost 3 Months Now, Is There Still Hope? by Larrykyo(m): 7:10pm On Apr 04, 2009
3sha4lyf:

I am also in the same shoes oh, mine is even worse than yours, i applied since january 2009 for students visa, class to start 4th febuary, missed the date, was given a new start date for 4th april, yet till date, my passport never come out not to talk of the visa inside it. ried calling them every week, they said dey wer workin on it. sent them a mail, they replied sayin my application was defered for some checks(i wonder wat). na so i see am till today. April 4 don pass so i just dey look for something to do becos if you focus your mind on these people, you'll be stagnant. you can never make a plan ahead in this country. i even had to remind tham of thier "Guideline to Visa Application" on their website and they said if there were other things to check, it will exceed 60 days. you can imagine that one cant even travel anyother place cos the bhc has your passport and they are doing nothing , its so crazy!!! my dear just relax.

Really? well i think i have the same problem with you , because this thing is holding me back and im ignoring some other things that im suppose to carry on with. I think i just have to forget them for now and carry on with another things,

Good bless
Re: My Uk Visiting Visa Application Is Almost 3 Months Now, Is There Still Hope? by iwefactria: 2:15pm On Apr 05, 2009
can you see the problem now.barely all Nigerian have applied 4 one type of visa or the other meaning that they have lot of applications and they have to verify all submitted documents.i think you guys should keep on calling and be hopeful.best of luck
Re: My Uk Visiting Visa Application Is Almost 3 Months Now, Is There Still Hope? by Skywalker5(m): 2:25pm On Apr 05, 2009
But thats too long.i got mine 10 days after i applied February (student visa). Something must be wrong.Were you not given a date to come back for collection?
Re: My Uk Visiting Visa Application Is Almost 3 Months Now, Is There Still Hope? by 3sha4lyf: 10:53pm On Apr 06, 2009
Larrykyo:

Really? well i think i have the same problem with you , because this thing is holding me back and im ignoring some other things that im suppose to carry on with. I think i just have to forget them for now and carry on with another things,

Good bless

My dear, the annoying part of my own story is that i applied for a study leave from my office and was granted since january 2nd 2009. now tell me what the bhc wants me to do if i have not been earning salary since january and they have not answered me. they are just crazy, My company sef r worried cos they need their documents to carry out some jobs. the thing tire me sef, i tryd callin dem today but all the lines wont go thru. i even feel like telling them i no want again make dem gimme my passport make i go france jare.

iwefactria:

can you see the problem now.barely all Nigerian have applied 4 one type of visa or the other meaning that they have lot of applications and they have to verify all submitted documents.i think you guys should keep on calling and be hopeful.best of luck
That they have a lot of work to do does not mean that they should click "Pause" on applicants' lives. they should employ more facilities so that they can be efficient. even if they need to carry out investigations, they should have time frames for that. Becos of their incompetencies, one cannot plan a trip to another country while applyin for visa to the uk.

Sky-walker:

But thats too long.i got mine 10 days after i applied February (student visa). Something must be wrong.Were you not given a date to come back for collection?

You are one of the few lucky people. me, i was given 10-15 working days, i have tracked it online, called VFS, they kept tellin me "Not ready". when i explained my predicament that my resumption date was near, the attendant on phone gave me a number to reach the BHC Visa section. I called them and asked about the status of my application and they still said "we are sorry we have not yet taken a decision". yours truly, till today, na the story oh. even their chart on their site says 5-60 working days. i just give tham till dis friday and if i dont get any call from them, i am storming the BHC and am gonna cause mayhem there. they had even better not denied me cos after the long wait, they are goona pay me damages for wasting my tym.

(1) (Reply)

Coming To Germany / Pls How May I Deliver My Sponsorship Letter to airlines. / Nigeria To Become Ineligible To Register Visa Lottery By 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.