Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:18 PM

Dss Raid: The Seven Worrisome Questions Akwa Ibom Government Must Answer - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dss Raid: The Seven Worrisome Questions Akwa Ibom Government Must Answer (630 Views)

Akwa Ibom Government Lodge In Lagos In Dilapidated State. Photos / Chidi Odinkalu Mocks DSS Raid On Judges – In 5 Tweets / Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dss Raid: The Seven Worrisome Questions Akwa Ibom Government Must Answer by blog4all(m): 3:08pm On Sep 05, 2015
YES a state governor is immune from civil prosecution, but, I do not think same is applicable in the criminal code (criminal matter). I will not dwell much on that for now, until I consult my statute books and lawyers for clarity.

But I know for sure that a former state governor and/or former president is not immune from prosecution (both criminal and civil matters).

This is because I am becoming increasingly worried if the DSS is contemplating charging the occupant of Presidential Lodge of Akwa Ibom State Government House, in this case, Godswill Akpabio, to court for treason and illegal possession of fire arms on the basis of the $21 million and ammunition allegedly discovered in the Lodge during its raid on Thursday.

1. Is it true that Akpabio is actually residing in the Govt House after his tenure more than three months ago?

2. If that is true, did Akpabio not build his personal residence either before, during or after his 8years tenure as governor of Akwa Ibom state anywhere in the state??

Read More @ http://www.thekillerpunch.com/dss-raid-the-seven-worrisome-questions-akwa-ibom-government-must-answer/

Re: Dss Raid: The Seven Worrisome Questions Akwa Ibom Government Must Answer by merry02(m): 3:14pm On Sep 05, 2015
I think the DSS said they only met dollars in the govetnment house and not harmful materials?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

President Muhammadu Buhari’s Lopsided Appointments: The North Fires Back! / Read What Nathaniel Bassey Has To Say About Corruption / See What Buhari Has Caused??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.