Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,614 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Nigerians Living In Qatar - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Living In Qatar (57149 Views)

Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? / Attention: Nigerians Living And Working In UAE (dubai) / How Nigerians Are Deceived With Fake Job Offers In Qatar (from Babaearly) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Nigerians Living In Qatar by vikiviko(m): 12:57pm On Apr 04, 2009
Nigerians in Qatar are about 1000, some are fortunate working in banks, newspapers,small chip coys, investment house,Engineering firms.

A Nigerian is the pastor of a local church with various country nationals attendant e.g Sri Lanka, Kenyans,Zimbabwe,Nepalese etc

But of worry is the high cost of accomodation.
Nigerians there are not too co-operative towards each other.
So if you must travel to Qatar make sure you have contacts on ground.
Re: Nigerians Living In Qatar by iice(f): 5:39am On Apr 06, 2009
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Living In Qatar by eddy1977(m): 12:49pm On May 15, 2009
wow. in quatar? the name itself is scarry.
Re: Nigerians Living In Qatar by ztyle(m): 3:32pm On May 17, 2009
Quater abi na Half this country sef na wa shocked
Re: Nigerians Living In Qatar by baldlarry(m): 12:02pm On Jul 15, 2009
I have a friend living in Qatar and he`s living larger compared to Nigeria.Don`t underrate the country with the name , even when an Igbo said Qatar to him,is better that Amrican which simply means he`s doing comfortably well in the country.Baldlarry
adekomigl@hotmail.com

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Living In Qatar by goodguy100(m): 1:21pm On Jul 15, 2009
This is the kind of country i like, do any one here knows about the visa or any info
Re: Nigerians Living In Qatar by vikiviko(m): 10:37pm On Jul 15, 2009
If you thinking of coming to visit Qatar for a short stay you can contact Qatar Airways who can help with Tourist visa for as low as 50 dollars officially.

But if you want to come work here, then you must search for job opportunities online, allowing your employers to sponsor you into the country all expenses paid.

In other cases there are agents who can bring you in on a working visa status.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Living In Qatar by goodguy100(m): 1:22am On Jul 16, 2009
Bros, thanks so much for the info, tell me how easy for someone to find any kind of unskilled jobs over there, from what i have seen so far, that place is better than South Africa. Please do post more info about life there cus is hard time for me to leave SA, just wasting my time here and i cant wait for the PR again.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Living In Qatar by baldlarry(m): 10:36am On Jul 16, 2009
anyway guys,all what i know is that u can book online reservation with a 5* hotel and they wil arrange a tourist for the duration of your stay in the hotel, But if anyone got updated info about, pls do not hesitate to email me at adekomigl@hotmail.com, Love u all.
Re: Nigerians Living In Qatar by vikiviko(m): 2:05pm On Jul 16, 2009
If you are unskilled forget about Qatar.

Its no place for hustling, or doing menial jobs.

You must be a professional in your chosen career to have a chance for a good job.

Security in Qatar is of the highest order, you can't fake things.

Social life here is zero, no 9ja kinda frenzy for partying, no shayo, can't chase women anyhow, if you are caught, na wahala.

Traffic offense like driving without license could lead to deportation or fine, for every accident a car suffers there must be a police report to allow  mechanics repair.

Its a suitable location for couples.

Job is scarce now in Qatar, its summer.

Siasia's Flying Eagles are in town , so Nigerians there are giving them all the support

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Living In Qatar by noblegas2(m): 7:16pm On Jul 16, 2009
vikiviko:

If you are unskilled forget about Qatar.

Its no place for hustling, or doing menial jobs.

You must be a professional in your chosen career to have a chance for a good job.

Security in Qatar is of the highest order, you can't fake things.

Social life here is zero, no 9ja kinda frenzy for partying, no shayo, can't chase women anyhow, if you are caught, na wahala.

Traffic offense like driving without license could lead to deportation or fine, for every accident a car suffers there must be a police report to allow mechanics repair.

Its a suitable location for couples.

Job is scarce now in Qatar, its summer.

Siasia's Flying Eagles are in town , so Nigerians there are giving them all the support
Exactly, its no place for Hustlin, if u aint gat ur Certificate, den forget any Gulf country, but

dat i dont agree wit, i am a Student in Oman & i usually come to Doha even by road, If u know some peeps dere,, U can get enuf Shayo & even go to Club & even see chicks, maybe its cuz am a student & trust student ll alsways find der way sha, i dont dream of going to Live in the United States at all,if i want to travel, i just get ma Visa & jet off, GCC region is times 1000 better dan Us or Europe FOR ME,

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Living In Qatar by vikiviko(m): 2:02pm On Jul 17, 2009
@noblegas

Not that you can't chase women but be careful how you go about it.

For shayo if you be town boy , you will always discover the nooks and crannies.
Re: Nigerians Living In Qatar by noblegas2(m): 6:30pm On Jul 17, 2009
vikiviko:

@noblegas

Not that you can't chase women but be careful how you go about it.

For shayo if you be town boy , you will always discover the nooks and crannies.

10x Vikiviko, but i think u ve forgot d fact day i be Stdent, so i can always find ma way around der skirts, lol
Re: Nigerians Living In Qatar by RolandPet(m): 4:29pm On Jul 20, 2009
@ Noblegas & vikiviko,

Can you link me up with a school that has low tuition fees,

i read petroleum engineering here in naija,will like to come and do my master in oil and gas related course or some professional programs,maybe after my study,i might work there since i have oil and gas experience with certificate.

Thanks.

please you can write to me on ilonu@yahoo.com ,so that we can talk in details.
Re: Nigerians Living In Qatar by mamagee3(f): 6:27pm On Jul 20, 2009
Qatar

Seriously? grin
Re: Nigerians Living In Qatar by eddy1977(m): 6:22pm On Jul 21, 2009
mama-gee:

Qatar

Seriously? grin

that was first reaction as well. qatar?
Re: Nigerians Living In Qatar by Thirdborn: 12:31am On Jul 22, 2009
@Mama-gee and eddy 1977
You guys should read up on Qatar and the rest of the cool guf countries. Don't let the name fool you.Qatar is one of the richest countries in the world and life there is really lovely (almost no crime, low death rate, luxury everywhere and best of all no taxes). Also check Oman, U.A.Eand Bahrain. Thats where Okocha earned his highest pay per week you know.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Living In Qatar by sley4life(m): 4:34am On Jul 24, 2009
qatar is a nice country to live in. The people are friendly
Re: Nigerians Living In Qatar by ideas78: 5:38pm On Jul 24, 2009
Nice country i was there enroute to china via qatar airways but could not get to the streets for sightseeing at all cos we were told you gat to have the visa.
That country i tell you is lawful unlike our naija where anything goes.

Anyways is a good place by my perpective sha.
Re: Nigerians Living In Qatar by haste: 1:07pm On Jul 27, 2009
can someone help me arranging a Qatar visa?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Living In Qatar by ogahimself(m): 5:48pm On Jul 27, 2009
i no go mind stop by there for a weekend but i'm sure it won't be much diff from abu dhabi n dubai but make i jus add another star to my map
Re: Nigerians Living In Qatar by noblegas2(m): 12:20pm On Jul 29, 2009
Thirdborn:

@Mama-gee and eddy 1977
You guys should read up on Qatar and the rest of the cool guf countries. Don't let the name fool you.Qatar is one of the richest countries in the world and life there is really lovely (almost no crime, low death rate, luxury everywhere and best of all no taxes). Also check Oman, U.A.Eand Bahrain. Thats where Okocha earned his highest pay per week you know.

@ Thirdborn, abeg tell em more abt Gulf Mhen, spent most ofma Time in the Sultanate of Oman & av toured almost all d GCC region, ow sweet Arabian Delli, check dis out guys 1 KUWAIT DINAR= 524 NIGERIAN NAIRA

say wat? Pounds, Dollars,Yen.Malt? abeg wich on father reach am, Arab Delli Niggaassssssss
Re: Nigerians Living In Qatar by Hoteph(m): 3:40pm On Sep 04, 2009
Well said Qatar is rich but you must take into consideration the religious mentality of the pple and the abuses being meted on some of the foreign workers like the Philippians and stuffs like that.
l have been there once the country is blazing hot l think one needs a stand by freezer to get some cold stuffs down the throat.

Socially Qatar is a no go area thats my take
Re: Nigerians Living In Qatar by vikiviko(m): 9:48pm On Sep 07, 2009
Recently the Nigerian community called Dohanaija held a sent forth party for one of its member relocating to Canada.
Reports have it that the turn out was massive with Nigerians from all parts of the city in attendance at the residence of the President .

The Association is planning a massive Independence celebration come October 1st.

The Association and Nigerians are clamoring for the siting of a Nigerian embassy in Doha.

http://www.thepeninsulaqatar.com/Display_news.asp?section=local_news&month=may2009&file=local_news2009050971813.xml
Re: Nigerians Living In Qatar by joaoche(f): 12:57am On Sep 25, 2009
when you read more or visit some gulfs countries you will appreciate it, i stayed in Kuwait for a year plus and i liked it, i met some Nigerians there its like a mini community, not up to 200 at the time of my stay but it was ok, i am not the night life type of girl so i guess if u want that then you need to look for someone, probably some of the students, I'm planing on getting a job there, i suppose Qatar is similar, anyway the only thing is, you need a degree and a job offer before going, I'm saying this from experience. first look for someone that you know who stays there cos you wunt be able to afford the accommodation, noble gas1 gave the equivalent of their money in Naira, that's a lot. then get a visiting visa. While in their house look for a job, note "with ur degree" .you can also renew ur visa after your stay has elapsed to continue your job search

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Living In Qatar by suxes2005(m): 12:03am On Sep 26, 2009
CAn anyone advise of the price of their schools, is it good to go and do UG dere?

SHALOM
Re: Nigerians Living In Qatar by joaoche(f): 3:50am On Sep 26, 2009
if someone is not sponsoring you then i will advise u to get your under graduate degree somewhere else. well am not sure about Qatar, but in kuwait u have to be in some scholarship unless if you have enough doe(money)
Re: Nigerians Living In Qatar by suxes2005(m): 3:57am On Sep 26, 2009
is scholarship easy 2 get in kuwait? aw is d place?

SHALOM
Re: Nigerians Living In Qatar by unix4real1(m): 8:25pm On Oct 08, 2009
What if i wish to settle down there with my family. me,my wife and little boy?
Re: Nigerians Living In Qatar by lovemoi2(f): 3:36am On Oct 17, 2009
if you have a job, why not

but u don ask ur wife if she like middle east?
Re: Nigerians Living In Qatar by atessy03(m): 6:12am On Oct 17, 2009
how can i get the qatar visa, any help from someone?
Re: Nigerians Living In Qatar by lovemoi2(f): 6:21am On Oct 17, 2009
a_tessy03:

how can i get the qatar visa, any help from someone?

do u know anyone in Qatar,its just a matter of them inviting you, its really not that difficult to get the visa
but what do u wana do in Qatar, being that its the middle east, there is hardly any fun there, plus things are fu%kin expensive

(1) (2)

African Woman Carries Her Luggage On The Head At The Airport In USA (Photo) / New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States / What I Saw In An Airline Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.