Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,445 members, 7,812,336 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:57 AM

How Nigerians Are Deceived With Fake Job Offers In Qatar (from Babaearly) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Nigerians Are Deceived With Fake Job Offers In Qatar (from Babaearly) (22902 Views)

Nigerians Are Eating, Charging Laptops, Making Calls Inside Trains (photo) / How Nigerians Are Decieved With Fake Job Offers In Qatar / Nigerians Living In Qatar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Nigerians Are Deceived With Fake Job Offers In Qatar (from Babaearly) by justwise(m): 8:00am On Mar 22, 2011
A member here(Babaearly) sent me this article.
As a Nigerian Professional resident in Doha, State of Qatar, I would like to draw the attention of the Federal Government of Nigeria, The Federal Ministry of External Affairs, and the National Assembly to the activities of some unscrupulous agents in Nigeria, with collaboration of some Nigerian elements in Doha offering Work Visa to unsuspecting Nigerians to work and live in Qatar. This practice has been on for some time but has recently reached a frightening dimension in the last few months.
There are now many Nigerians living roughly, some in detention, many living in uncompleted buildings earmarked for demolition, as a result of a scam going on in Nigeria about Qatar Work visas.
Qatar is a tiny emirate in the Middle East. It is a country rich in oil and gas resources which have fuelled the infrastructural and economic development of this Arabian Peninsula nation over the past decades. This economic boom has seen the migration of people from South East Asia, Europe, America and Africa to this small Gulf State. The local Qatari people are also friendly and receptive to foreigners of diverse languages, cultural and religious background. In anticipation of the influx of economic migrant to support the Nations growth, the government of the State of Qatar has an effective immigration system that has been designed to ensure that only legal immigrants are allowed to live and work in Qatar.
While Work Visa as it’s currently being secured for Nigerians by Local Nigerian agents in Qatar and their collaborators in Nigeria grants you the right to live in Qatar, there is no job attached to this Visa. The impression given is that once you arrive in Qatar, Jobs are waiting for you as there are opportunities everywhere. This is not the truth as there are many Nigerians on the streets of Doha today seeking employment without headway for months and in some cases over a year.
Some have returned home disappointed after borrowing money and selling properties to secure Qatar Work visa with high expectations of better life. They lived in harrowing conditions in slums and labour quarters before finding their way back to their motherland. The Agents, who procured the Visa disappeared and live these individuals to the mercy of friends and fellow Nigerians to assist to the best of their abilities. The saddening thing is that most of these unfortunate migrants left paid employment behind in Nigeria, to seek “greener pastures” as painted by this Work Visa Agents.

2 Likes

Re: How Nigerians Are Deceived With Fake Job Offers In Qatar (from Babaearly) by alofunky: 11:15am On Mar 22, 2011
hi i truly want to know are there no jobs there for nigerians anymore , pleas reply soon "cos i am on my way to Qatar.
Re: How Nigerians Are Deceived With Fake Job Offers In Qatar (from Babaearly) by ycoxyng: 11:57am On Mar 22, 2011
alofunky:

hi i truly want to know are there no jobs there for nigerians anymore , pleas reply soon "cos i am on my way to Qatar.

Poster, are u in your right frame of mind? cant u read the above post. if u really want to know whether there are jobs in Qatar for people like u then u can be on ur way. se u have ear but u cant hear.
Re: How Nigerians Are Deceived With Fake Job Offers In Qatar (from Babaearly) by Nobody: 12:06pm On Mar 22, 2011
alofunky:

Read thru the Article again, make sure u don't rush ursf this time. A word they say is enof for the wise. If u must travel to Qatar, make sure u've your Return Ticket intact. No hard feelings.
Peace out!
Re: How Nigerians Are Deceived With Fake Job Offers In Qatar (from Babaearly) by snowdrops(m): 4:56pm On Mar 22, 2011
this thread should be made sticky by the moderators. it is a wake up call to all vulnerable and desperate nigerians who want to leave to country at all cost.
Re: How Nigerians Are Deceived With Fake Job Offers In Qatar (from Babaearly) by justwise(m): 7:22pm On Mar 22, 2011
snowdrops:

this thread should be made sticky by the moderators. it is a wake up call to all vulnerable and desperate nigerians who want to leave to country at all cost.

Thats not the full article, i got banned for posting the remaining one, even the link. I hope the Mod will help.

1 Like

Re: How Nigerians Are Deceived With Fake Job Offers In Qatar (from Babaearly) by snowdrops(m): 7:44pm On Mar 22, 2011
I am baffled why you were banned. This is a fantastic piece of info and an eye opener. You should rather be praised.
Re: How Nigerians Are Deceived With Fake Job Offers In Qatar (from Babaearly) by JeSoul(f): 7:50pm On Mar 22, 2011
Snowdrops, it is the spambot that is automatically banning Justwise. I will alert the admin.

Here's the link:

Re: How Nigerians Are Deceived With Fake Job Offers In Qatar (from Babaearly) by justwise(m): 8:22pm On Mar 22, 2011
JeSoul:

Snowdrops, it is the spambot that is automatically banning Justwise. I will alert the admin.

Here's the link:

Thank you so much, u are a star!! The article is even longer than that. Well-done you!

1 Like

Re: How Nigerians Are Deceived With Fake Job Offers In Qatar (from Babaearly) by justwise(m): 8:24pm On Mar 22, 2011
snowdrops:

I am baffled why you were banned. This is a fantastic piece of info and an eye opener. You should rather be praised.

I was banned 2x today cos of this article, i guess the Mod is tired now of seeing my request to unban me, ahahaha
Re: How Nigerians Are Deceived With Fake Job Offers In Qatar (from Babaearly) by Nobody: 9:31pm On Mar 22, 2011
justwise, you are a good person.

Thanks, Jesoul

Please can the Mod make this sticky? Please for the sake of Nigerians about to be deceived?
Re: How Nigerians Are Deceived With Fake Job Offers In Qatar (from Babaearly) by justwise(m): 9:39pm On Mar 22, 2011
babaearly:

justwise, you are a good person.

Thanks, Jesoul

Please can the Mod make this sticky? Please for the sake of Nigerians about to be deceived?

Thanks for the article, it will help alot of pple.
Re: How Nigerians Are Deceived With Fake Job Offers In Qatar (from Babaearly) by suxes2005(m): 1:11am On Mar 23, 2011
Thanks Justwise for the article. That was so good of you
At least peeps will see this and learn from it, tired of
telling most nlders that call me that i hate this Qatar of
a thing,

SHALOM

1 Like

Re: How Nigerians Are Deceived With Fake Job Offers In Qatar (from Babaearly) by babyboy3(m): 11:34am On Mar 23, 2011
They did it to the Indians and Pakistanis who were tricked over only to find themselves in a shit-hole, they live on building sites 8 or 9 in one room, some havent seen their families over the last 2, 3, 4, years they are working for peanuts,
Re: How Nigerians Are Deceived With Fake Job Offers In Qatar (from Babaearly) by Olayinkaoj(m): 11:53am On Mar 23, 2011
When it comes to seeking for survival, please dont blame most of them. If it were relatively possible to make things work out well, some of them would not have ventured on such journey. U need to ask from me,
Re: How Nigerians Are Deceived With Fake Job Offers In Qatar (from Babaearly) by justwise(m): 12:15pm On Mar 23, 2011
Olayinkaoj:

When it comes to seeking for survival, please dont blame most of them. If it were relatively possible to make things work out well, some of them would not have ventured on such journey. U need to ask from me,

Yes but Nigerians should not lie to their back teeth just to decieve other Nigerians. They promise them job, charge them so much but when they get there the opposite is the case.
Re: How Nigerians Are Deceived With Fake Job Offers In Qatar (from Babaearly) by johnjoel(m): 12:19pm On Mar 23, 2011
just be wise guys
Re: How Nigerians Are Deceived With Fake Job Offers In Qatar (from Babaearly) by ibedun: 1:04pm On Mar 23, 2011
This is what having too many children in today's world translates to.

Nigerians!!! Stop having too many babies that will end up unemployed, poor and frustrated adults.

There are no waiting jobs in Qatar.

Be told.

1 Like

Re: How Nigerians Are Deceived With Fake Job Offers In Qatar (from Babaearly) by Nobody: 1:19pm On Mar 23, 2011
An Indian man once said and I quote "Nigeria is so blessed that you can practically pick money on the street, but Nigerians are too blind (I beg ur pardon) to see". In spite of the numerous problems bedevilling this great country of ours, opportunities also abound. Certainly, where there are problems, there are opportunities to solve those problems. So many Nigerians are prone to being cheated because of our "get rich quick syndrome". Though the legal framework to protect intellectual property is not effective but it is an opportunity for vibrant politicans and legal luminaries to put things right. Let everyone looks for a chunk of the problem we are facing to solve, then everyone of us and the country at large will prosper.

1 Like

Re: How Nigerians Are Deceived With Fake Job Offers In Qatar (from Babaearly) by Nobody: 1:36pm On Mar 23, 2011
Hmnn, ,
@ affected ~accept my sympathy
Re: How Nigerians Are Deceived With Fake Job Offers In Qatar (from Babaearly) by Abayomin70(m): 1:48pm On Mar 23, 2011
dont be deceived no job in quata
Re: How Nigerians Are Deceived With Fake Job Offers In Qatar (from Babaearly) by vislabraye(m): 2:16pm On Mar 23, 2011
People are becoming desperate. One has to be careful and contented so you don't fall a victim
Re: How Nigerians Are Deceived With Fake Job Offers In Qatar (from Babaearly) by Nobody: 2:27pm On Mar 23, 2011
alofunky:

Honestly, does your brain funtion? I wish I could bang your empty cranium against a brick wall! How can you be on your way to a country you know nothing about? Like a man jumping off a cliff, and at the same time, asking if there's a safety net at the bottom.
Re: How Nigerians Are Deceived With Fake Job Offers In Qatar (from Babaearly) by Nobody: 2:30pm On Mar 23, 2011
Thanks for the piece poster. This is not perculiar to Qatar alone even UK and many other Europian countries have Nigerians who are living in slums trying to survive without job and their people back home think they are doing fine.

1 Like

Re: How Nigerians Are Deceived With Fake Job Offers In Qatar (from Babaearly) by fxtopedia(m): 4:12pm On Mar 23, 2011
Wonder shall never end!
Re: How Nigerians Are Deceived With Fake Job Offers In Qatar (from Babaearly) by obowunmi(m): 4:18pm On Mar 23, 2011
Na wa oo
Re: How Nigerians Are Deceived With Fake Job Offers In Qatar (from Babaearly) by dady2011(m): 4:55pm On Mar 23, 2011
Are you a professional?. do you have the right education and training to find a job outside Nigeria?. If u decide to go (most Nigerians do not believe it when they are told the truth - for them the grass is always greener over there), please make sure you have a return ticket that u can change the date anytime when u are set to come back after some hardship in Qatar, do not sell your property, do not quite your Job in Nigeria, take ur vacation and go during that time. may be u may be able to find a Job cleaning floor, doing some type menial dirty Job, begging, prostituting, or doing drugs if u are lucky. If u already have a good Job in Nigeria, do not waste ur time and money travelling to Qatar only to return back after a few days.
Re: How Nigerians Are Deceived With Fake Job Offers In Qatar (from Babaearly) by JUO(m): 4:59pm On Mar 23, 2011
hum i remembered one of friends who was involved in this

1 Like

Re: How Nigerians Are Deceived With Fake Job Offers In Qatar (from Babaearly) by 9ja4eva: 5:13pm On Mar 23, 2011
At poster thanks and God bless you.

People don't understand its not easy anywhere.I hear a lot of Nigerians talking of Qatar,Kuwait,Malaysia,Bangladesh amongst other countries.Hopefully this sounds as a warning to them.

God bless you poster.
Re: How Nigerians Are Deceived With Fake Job Offers In Qatar (from Babaearly) by NETGAIN: 7:06pm On Mar 23, 2011
@ poster,
If u had posted this nine months ago, u would have saved my brother a lot of grief. He travelled qatar last year and came back this last january with tales similar to the post

Contrary all the pomise the agents made that a job and official car would be waiting 4 him once he got to qatar, he never worked for even a day and we had to send money to enable him come back from nigeria!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Afi Mountain Wildlife Sanctuary Cross River: Photos & What To Know / Flour Mills To Build Atan-Agbara Road In Exchange For Tax Credit / Burning Vehicle Causes Huge Traffic At Third Mainland Bridge (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.