Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,824 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) (60492 Views)

Man Swims On Lekki Road As Flood Takes Over Lagos Island (Watch Video) / Lagos Removes Bottlenecks On Lekki Way / The Poor Vs The Rich In Nigerian Prisons: See The Difference (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) by Mekurexx: 12:12am On Sep 06, 2015
LMFAOOOO grin grin grin grin
MuguliciousMUGU:
The day Buhari became president, everybody starting crying, the rich now cry's the poor have been crying since 1960, but their cries in 2015 can creat another river niger.

Jonathan transformed the rich to become richer and the poor to become richer too, but Buhari changed the poor to poorest and the rich to poor people, sotey they are crying now.

1 Like

Re: Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) by Ayo8(m): 2:17am On Sep 06, 2015
MuguliciousMUGU:
The day Buhari became president, everybody starting crying, the rich now cry's the poor have been crying since 1960, but their cries in 2015 can creat another river niger.

Jonathan transformed the rich to become richer and the poor to become richer too, but Buhari changed the poor to poorest and the rich to poor people, sotey they are crying now.

By their usernames, you shall know them...
Re: Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) by rukeh(f): 4:37am On Sep 06, 2015
It's Itedo and not Lekki Phase 1, even if it's Phase 1 would they have prevented the rain?

1 Like

Re: Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) by poseidon12: 4:37am On Sep 06, 2015
Ahmadgani:
Even in America there are bad roads. We will get better someday

Where in America? Could you please post pictures?
Re: Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) by Ahmadgani(m): 6:15am On Sep 06, 2015
poseidon12:

Where in America? Could you please post pictures?
Michigan, Texas and their likes. Go on a research Boss
http://www.businessinsider.com/the-20-us-cities-with-the-worst-roads-2013-10
Re: Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) by agarawu23(m): 6:26am On Sep 06, 2015
kay29000:

THERE IS BIG DIFFERENCE O!
grin lwkm
Re: Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) by dammytosh: 6:32am On Sep 06, 2015
MuguliciousMUGU:

Have you taken your drugs ?
This must be a weed inspired post.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) by Tolakay: 7:03am On Sep 06, 2015
MuguliciousMUGU:

mugulicious mugu
Re: Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) by davidbanks(m): 7:26am On Sep 06, 2015
agarawu23:
And ppl are still commiting crimes just to afford a duplex in lekki.

Some will say enjoy your money but it's stupidd to buy a mansion in lekki for 150m and still swim the road during raining season. What's the difference between you and that man living in ajegunle?
the difference is what d man in lekki can afford,they say one mans food is another mans poison
Re: Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) by Nobody: 7:35am On Sep 06, 2015
Ahmadgani:
Even in America there are bad roads. We will get better someday

Yes there are if you want to make a job of finding it but I assure you that you will never find bad road in a place in the US that is equivalent to Lekki in Nigeria.
Re: Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) by prekvinci(m): 7:40am On Sep 06, 2015
MuguliciousMUGU:

Where did you get that from? Not right to say what you not sure of.
Re: Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) by juman(m): 7:44am On Sep 06, 2015
The new governor is lucky, he has little to worry about his party trying to grab aso rock from pdp.

The new governor has everything his state has to deliver and perform very very well.
Re: Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) by agarawu23(m): 7:59am On Sep 06, 2015
davidbanks:
the difference is what d man in lekki can afford,they say one mans food is another mans poison
hmmmmm
Re: Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) by Atlantian: 8:25am On Sep 06, 2015
sleekman:
that road is called freedom road. It is Lekki Ph1. So pls get ur info right next time. Like u rightly said Itedo is to the right of the road when entering Ph1, so also is Ikate Elegushi but that road is part of Lekki Ph1.
How can the road be part of Lekki Phase 1, when Lekki Phase 1 Estate is clearly on the left and Itedo is on the right. You can say that road is the boundary that separates the rich from the poor. Why dont you ask yourself; Why has that road remained undone for the past 15yrs since it was once created when Lekki Phase 1 was being developed, yet most if not all of the major roads in Lekki Phase 1 have been fixed, yet this same road remains. Is it not because the land that poor people live are too cheap and government doesnt wanna 'waste' money fixing roads for the poor ?
Re: Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) by sparkle10(m): 8:41am On Sep 06, 2015
Lekki, the most expensive slum in the world. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) by Ahmadgani(m): 9:00am On Sep 06, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Yes there are if you want to make a job of finding it but I assure you that you will never find bad road in a place in the US that is equivalent to Lekki in Nigeria.
I agree, but we need to be optimistic. Are there no good roads in nigeri?
We will get there someday
Re: Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) by Melahou(m): 9:01am On Sep 06, 2015
Lacomus:
Nigerians have a way of making every situation seem Nigerian, OP this is earth and it's 70% percent covered with water, I'm not surprise, though flood is something we can prevent but not always, so if you want a flood free world you go to Mars.

He's not talking about flood but having good road in a high brow area like lekki.
Re: Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) by Melahou(m): 9:11am On Sep 06, 2015
agarawu23:
And ppl are still commiting crimes just to afford a duplex in lekki.

Some will say enjoy your money but it's stupidd to buy a mansion in lekki for 150m and still swim the road during raining season. What's the difference between you and that man living in ajegunle?

Not all the roads are bad in lekki, this is the worse in the estate, though it gets flood when it rains heavily but it dries out after few hours...

Lekki phase 1 is still on point
Re: Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) by Nobody: 9:16am On Sep 06, 2015
menix:

Nwanne, have u been to mars
grin I've not sir.
Re: Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) by Melahou(m): 9:17am On Sep 06, 2015
Atlantian:
This is Itedo Road my friend. Lekki Phase 1 is the left hand side of the road, and Itedo community is at the right side of the road. That road is abandoned because poor people live on the right hand, and Lekki Phase 1 is left side of the road. I used that road 3 days ago by mistake. Thank God I was using the Range Rover, I had put the vehice on High Suspension height to navigate out of the terrible spot. I dont know why government hates to fix roads where poor people live.

That is still lekki phase 1 passing thru ikate which is another alternative route (3rd gate)

The road has been worked on several times i think it's poor construction work or substandard materials that was used
Re: Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) by kasmail(m): 9:19am On Sep 06, 2015
MuguliciousMUGU:

As ur name sounds.. baba wereeey ni e
Re: Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) by Nobody: 9:43am On Sep 06, 2015
Ahmadgani:

I agree, but we need to be optimistic. Are there no good roads in nigeri?
We will get there someday

There are many good roads in Nigeria but this thread is about this specific bad road in an affluent area.
Re: Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) by MrCounselor: 9:50am On Sep 06, 2015
I was here
Re: Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) by Franchise21(m): 11:16am On Sep 06, 2015
MuguliciousMUGU:

Ur moniker rili defines u
Re: Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) by daxon001(m): 2:41pm On Sep 06, 2015
It's just phase 1 naundecidedgrin
Re: Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) by wealth123: 2:45pm On Sep 06, 2015
No wonder you are mugulicious MUGU. You don't belong to this forum of intellectuals. When Buhari contested and won, where were the wise and good people in your village?

MuguliciousMUGU:

Re: Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) by NovusHomo(m): 4:52pm On Sep 06, 2015
The rich don't live here. Only the pretenders do.
Re: Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) by beacon02(m): 5:02pm On Sep 06, 2015
You can't know the meaning of bad road until you come to Sagamu-ogijo-ikorodu road.
Re: Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) by Objektive: 5:53pm On Sep 06, 2015
SLAVE FOOL...................KEEP GIVING EXCUSES FOR YOUR MASTERS

ladyF:
Chai....but it's not always like this though. It's mostly when it rains. It happens in other areas of Nigeria too na. Blame the contractors that refused to plan the drainage system.

It's [size=20pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin
Re: Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) by laudate: 1:13am On Sep 07, 2015
Atlantian:
This is Itedo Road my friend. Lekki Phase 1 is the left hand side of the road, and Itedo community is at the right side of the road. That road is abandoned because poor people live on the right hand, and Lekki Phase 1 is left side of the road. I used that road 3 days ago by mistake. Thank God I was using the Range Rover, I had put the vehice on High Suspension height to navigate out of the terrible spot. I dont know why government hates to fix roads where poor people live.

Dead wrong. This road is part and parcel of Lekki Phase 1. It serves as the exit gate of Lekki Phase 1 Estate, from the 3rd roundabout. undecided

Along the road, is Treasure Gardens, This Present House Church and Primewater View Estates. Yes, it also leads to Itedo community which is like a slum, but is that enough reason for the state govt to abandon this road??!! They are so quick to collect Land Use Charge and other forms of taxes from the residents of the estate, but to repair this road is a major problem for them. Maka, why?? shocked

That road has always been in a constant state of disrepair. They rolled out caterpillars 1-2 years back with fanfare, claiming they were going to do the road and even did some interlocking stones at certain sections, but since then nothing more has been done.

Yet, they are collecting huge toll fees on all the roads and bridges that lead to Lekki Phase 1. Dia ris God, o!! shocked shocked

Anyway, those rich people are mugus sad.

If it was my area, I trust them. They would have dealt with the local govt chairman, New Towns Development Authority and marched to the Ministry of Works. Arrant nonsense! angry
Re: Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) by Atlantian: 6:15am On Sep 07, 2015
laudate:

Dead wrong. This road is part and parcel of Lekki Phase 1. It serves as the exit gate of Lekki Phase 1 Estate, from the 3rd roundabout. undecided

Along the road, is Treasure Gardens, This Present House Church and Primewater View Estates. Yes, it also leads to Itedo community which is like a slum, but is that enough reason for the state govt to abandon this road??!! They are so quick to collect Land Use Charge and other forms of taxes from the residents of the estate, but to repair this road is a major problem for them. Maka, why?? shocked

That road has always been in a constant state of disrepair. They rolled out caterpillars 1-2 years back with fanfare, claiming they were going to do the road and even did some interlocking stones at certain sections, but since then nothing more has been done.

Yet, they are collecting huge toll fees on all the roads and bridges that lead to Lekki Phase 1. Dia ris God, o!! shocked shocked

Anyway, those rich people are mugus sad.

If it was my area, I trust them. They would have dealt with the local govt chairman, New Towns Development Authority and marched to the Ministry of Works. Arrant nonsense! angry

I do not even understand your confusion. You end up agreeing that the road leads to a slum called Itedo but confuse yourself by saying its part and parcel of Lekki Phase 1, even though you conclude that it is not your area. Well, like I said, which ofcourse you agree, Lekki Phase 1 Estate is by the left and Itedo Community is by the right, so if you say the road is in Lekki Phase 1, it means it is also in Itedo, since the road happens to be the boundary of both communities. And No !, We are not mugus. Lagos State Government is just anti-people, not just to the rich, but also to the poor, as you can see in the abandonment of this strategic road.
Re: Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) by adconline(m): 6:21am On Sep 07, 2015
Lacomus:
Nigerians have a way of making every situation seem Nigerian, OP this is earth and it's 70% percent covered with water, I'm not surprise, though flood is something we can prevent but not always, so if you want a flood free world you go to Mars.
Innately and wilfully ignorant.. This road is riddled with potholes. Lack of maintenance and blocked drainage. A lot of roads are this way in Lekki and Ajah area. Imagine what peeps are going thru in mainland

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

AK47 Rifles, RPGs Coming To Nigeria From Libya Intercepted In Niger Republic / Troops Uncover ISWAP's Underground Armoury In Sambisa Forest / People Waiting Infront Of Tinubu's House Ahead Of Tomorrow's Poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.