Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

5 Benefits Of Attending Church - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Benefits Of Attending Church (19211 Views)

China Bans Children From Attending Churches / 5 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues / The Biblical Purposes Of Attending Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Benefits Of Attending Church by onotiemoria(m): 9:40am On Sep 06, 2015
@
Re: 5 Benefits Of Attending Church by OBSEQUIOUS(m): 9:41am On Sep 06, 2015
On point, but it's not about going to church alone but going with a dedicated mind to receive from above. Most if my friends go there to charge o and meet ladies
Re: 5 Benefits Of Attending Church by Brown47: 9:41am On Sep 06, 2015
iliyandepost=37720239:
Life doesn’t seem to slow down. Most people’s weekdays are typically crammed with school, work, extracurricular activities, cooking and chores. When the weekend hits, most of us want to unwind and have some fun.

The world is becoming more secular, and going to church isn’t as common as it used to be. Even when we consider ourselves spiritual people, religion and church sometimes fall down the list of life’s priorities.

Church provides so much. Here are just five ways that going to church can bless you and your family.

1. Church anchors us

Our kids are bombarded with technology, materialism and questionable media messages. In many families, religion and spirituality have taken a backseat to life’s distractions.

Setting aside a few hours each weekend to attend church provides a much-needed balance. At church, our children can grow closer to God, learn morals and standards and be strengthened spiritually. Church keeps us grounded.

2. We receive spiritual strength at church

Some people question the point of attending church. They argue that they can visit the outdoors and feel close to God in nature. Or, maybe they feel that Sunday is strictly a stay-in-bed, relax-with-the-family day.

While these can be good pursuits, attending church gives us so much more. Singing hymns, praying, participating in Communion or sacrament service, listening to prepared lessons or sermons, and worshipping with a congregation uplifts and strengthens our spirits. The spiritual strength we receive weekly at church, as kids and adults, helps sustain us for each week ahead.

A family day is a great idea, so why not attend church as a family?

3. Church provides fellowship

Our associations with members of our congregations are so strengthening. When life throws challenges, it’s nice to have a church network to lean on. The encouragement and love we receive through our churches truly enriches our lives.

Many church members lend a hand in times of need. They might provide meals, help with our children and listening ears. We can enjoy new friendships and fun church activities, as well.

Many churches also have youth groups that involve our kids in a wholesome environment. Our children can surround themselves with kids that have standards and values similar to their own.

4. Church presents opportunities to serve

Jesus taught that we should bear one another’s burdens and love our neighbors as ourselves.

We often get so wrapped up in our own lives that we miss opportunities to reach out to others. Church congregations are like an extended family. We’re provided with many opportunities to serve.

We can involve our kids in helping with church activities, preparing and delivering meals to those in need, helping to clean the church building and doing whatever needs to be done for fellow church members.

Service to others teaches our kids unselfishness, compassion and how to dig in and work.

5. We get to know God

Of course, the ultimate prize in church worship is growing closer to God. Learning about him, his teachings and commandments helps us to become better people. We feel his love and this brings us happiness.

Jesus said, “For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.” (KJV Matthew 18:20)

Find a church that aligns with your beliefs and values. Strengthen your children spiritually by going to church. Add peace to your family’s lives through church worship.
ok
Re: 5 Benefits Of Attending Church by donephi(m): 9:44am On Sep 06, 2015
Freemanan:
ONE BENEFIT OF NOT GOING....

WASH YOUR CLOTHES AND THE WHOLE ROPE WILL BE YOURS SINCE NEIGHBORS ARE ALL GONE
Re: 5 Benefits Of Attending Church by Dekatron(m): 9:51am On Sep 06, 2015
lekjons:
niqqaz be sinning just to get some 'likes' and 'shares' cry embarassed
i respect atheists than those who did this..
if u're an atheist just let us know!

well, I am.

Feel better?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Benefits Of Attending Church by stanisbaratheon: 9:54am On Sep 06, 2015
Freemanan:

You no well oo
Re: 5 Benefits Of Attending Church by YurFatHer: 9:54am On Sep 06, 2015
What abt benefits of going to shrine.
Re: 5 Benefits Of Attending Church by Osisie(m): 9:54am On Sep 06, 2015
Dekatron:
To charge my phone. E.g last week

and the parish pastor was just saying shiit. Me wey be say I jst come charge & Na 500 dey my acct wey I wan withdraw(i be 100L student nah, abi).

Omo na wa o. This Atheism thing is getting out of hands. Ok o. Me for like go church sha but I dey duty for work.

Today, light dey area, why bother going to church to bore myself & lose cash
Re: 5 Benefits Of Attending Church by Nobody: 9:55am On Sep 06, 2015
stanisbaratheon:
You no well oo
Hope you have gained your 7 kingdoms your grace?
Re: 5 Benefits Of Attending Church by lekjons(m): 9:56am On Sep 06, 2015
Dekatron:

well, I am.

Feel better?
no you're not, you just want to belong!
Re: 5 Benefits Of Attending Church by Auxillary(m): 10:00am On Sep 06, 2015
undecided can any good post like this come out of nairaland?
Re: 5 Benefits Of Attending Church by Bondesniger(m): 10:01am On Sep 06, 2015
iliyande:
Life doesn’t seem to slow down. Most people’s weekdays are typically crammed with school, work, extracurricular activities, cooking and chores. When the weekend hits, most of us want to unwind and have some fun.

The world is becoming more secular, and going to church isn’t as common as it used to be. Even when we consider ourselves spiritual people, religion and church sometimes fall down the list of life’s priorities.

Church provides so much. Here are just five ways that going to church can bless you and your family.

1. Church anchors us

Our kids are bombarded with technology, materialism and questionable media messages. In many families, religion and spirituality have taken a backseat to life’s distractions.

Setting aside a few hours each weekend to attend church provides a much-needed balance. At church, our children can grow closer to God, learn morals and standards and be strengthened spiritually. Church keeps us grounded.

Some people question the point of attending church. They argue that they can visit the outdoors and feel close to God in nature. Or, maybe they feel that Sunday is strictly a stay-in-bed, relax-with-the-family day.

While these can be good pursuits, attending church gives us so much more. Singing hymns, praying, participating in Communion or sacrament service, listening to prepared lessons or sermons, and worshipping with a congregation uplifts and strengthens our spirits. The spiritual strength we receive weekly at church, as kids and adults, helps sustain us for each week ahead.

Our associations with members of our congregations are so strengthening. When life throws challenges, it’s nice to have a church network to lean on. The encouragement and love we receive through our churches truly enriches our lives.

Many church members lend a hand in times of need. They might provide meals, help with our children and listening ears. We can enjoy new friendships and fun church activities, as well.

Many churches also have youth groups that involve our kids in a wholesome environment. Our children can surround themselves with kids that have standards and values similar to their own.

Jesus taught that we should bear one another’s burdens and love our neighbors as ourselves.

We often get so wrapped up in our own lives that we miss opportunities to reach out to others. Church congregations are like an extended family. We’re provided with many opportunities to serve.

We can involve our kids in helping with church activities, preparing and delivering meals to those in need, helping to clean the church building and doing whatever needs to be done for fellow church members.

Service to others teaches our kids unselfishness, compassion and how to dig in and work.

5. We get to know God

Of course, the ultimate prize in church worship is growing closer to God. Learning about him, his teachings and commandments helps us to become better people. We feel his love and this brings us happiness.

Jesus said, “For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.” (KJV Matthew 18:20)

Find a church that aligns with your beliefs and values. Strengthen your children spiritually by going to church. Add peace to your family’s lives through church worship.

Nice one GOD renew your son

1 Like

Re: 5 Benefits Of Attending Church by Dekatron(m): 10:02am On Sep 06, 2015
lekjons:
no you're not, you just want to belong!

mr man

do me a favour, go through my profile & then my post

check out my posts

besides, your opinion changes nothing

can't u even see my signature?? I tire for old men on NL o undecided :-/

1 Like

Re: 5 Benefits Of Attending Church by lekjons(m): 10:04am On Sep 06, 2015
Dekatron:

mr man

do me a favour, go through my profile & then my post

check out my posts

besides, your opinion changes nothing

can't u even see my signature?? I tire for old men on NL o undecided :-/
*checks profile*
ok sorry, bye!
Re: 5 Benefits Of Attending Church by Nobody: 10:07am On Sep 06, 2015
Thanks Op, getting set to attend second service at Harvest House , Akobo , Ibadan.
Re: 5 Benefits Of Attending Church by menesheh(m): 10:09am On Sep 06, 2015
iliyande:

1. Church anchors us

5. We get to know God

Without group solidarity people witness in the church, those benefits list there is vague. Same group solidarity can be achieved too in a more secular way.
Re: 5 Benefits Of Attending Church by Superstar007(m): 10:18am On Sep 06, 2015
1. To charge your phones.
2. To meet fine ladies.
3. To part with 1/10 of your salary.
4. To receive prosperity, and double your money by sowing seed.
5. So that they church won't go out of business.

Bonus: To belong to a social group that will attend your wedding, child dedication, and burial.

1 Like

Re: 5 Benefits Of Attending Church by Nobody: 10:19am On Sep 06, 2015
casket:
Thanks Op, getting set to attend second service at Harvest House , Akobo , Ibadan.
no be by multiple attendance.

1 Like

Re: 5 Benefits Of Attending Church by Nobody: 10:22am On Sep 06, 2015
menesheh:

Without group solidarity people witness in the church, those benefits list there is vague. Same group solidarity can be achieved too in a more secular way.
bro, pidgin eng for better...true.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Benefits Of Attending Church by Jamb2016Expo: 10:31am On Sep 06, 2015
If God can move you from January to September. He will move you from -shame to fame, -insult to result, -sorrow to glory, -disgrace to His grace, -labour to favour, -mockery to victory! May the Lord raise us all from glory to glory!. . In Jesus' wonderful name. . #AMEN .
Re: 5 Benefits Of Attending Church by haul: 10:35am On Sep 06, 2015
kosplateau:

no be by multiple attendance.

They are coming for your head.

*Shouting*------»Incoming!!!!!!!!!!

KABOOOOOOMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: 5 Benefits Of Attending Church by scentmarlc(m): 10:37am On Sep 06, 2015
KINGSAMURAI:
@OP URE 1000% correct. "its ladyF husband again.

U don high I swear grin grin grin
Re: 5 Benefits Of Attending Church by BrainnewsNg(f): 10:41am On Sep 06, 2015
iliyande:

1. Church anchors us

5. We get to know God

God bless yoU OP
Re: 5 Benefits Of Attending Church by ggirl4real: 10:48am On Sep 06, 2015
I go to church to listen to the choir sing. Music lifts up my spirit in no meagre way. I feel very close to God especially if the church has good instrumentation.

Without music, church is freaking boring for me. If your church doesn't have a good choir, I won't come next time.
Re: 5 Benefits Of Attending Church by cristweeezy(m): 10:52am On Sep 06, 2015
Fernandowski:
Charging of phones
grin
Fernandowski:
Charging of phones
Re: 5 Benefits Of Attending Church by freecocoa(f): 11:03am On Sep 06, 2015
The church in my area has some good dancers, I pop in there once in a while to learn new dance steps and charge my phone as well.grin
Re: 5 Benefits Of Attending Church by Nobody: 11:06am On Sep 06, 2015
iliyande:

1. Church anchors us

5. We get to know God

I'M SORRY TO SAY, YOU ARE 100% WRONG.

YOU KNOW WHY?

I BELIEVE WE ARE THE CHURCH (THE HUMAN SPIRIT) GOD IS EVERYWERE, THE BEST WAY TO KNOW GOD IS FOR YOU TO STUDY HIS WORD ALONE, NOT THAT BUILDING YOU CALLED CHURCH.

NOWADAYS, IS THE CHURCH PREACHING THE WORD undecided

AND IF YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT SERVING OTHERS BROTHER IN CHURCH, I MAY SAY YOUR THINKING IS HYPOCRITICAL.

TO SERVE OTHERS IS ABOUT GIVING YOUR ATTENTION TO THE POOR, TAKING CARE OF YOUR COMMUNITY, GIVING YOUR HELP TO THOSE WHO NEED THEM WHEN YOU KNOW YOU HAVE THE RESOURCE TO GIVE, NOT GOING TO CHURCH (BUILDING) AND SAID YOU HAVE GIVEN YOUR SERVICES. undecided
Re: 5 Benefits Of Attending Church by engrrichie92(m): 11:08am On Sep 06, 2015
Freemanan:

lol...awon ti "face me,I slap you!" representing!
Re: 5 Benefits Of Attending Church by Nobody: 11:09am On Sep 06, 2015
engrrichie92:

lol...awon ti "face me,I slap you!" representing!
Baba ooo...

*two hands up*
Re: 5 Benefits Of Attending Church by Odunharry(m): 11:12am On Sep 06, 2015
freecocoa:
The church in my area has some good dancers, I pop in there once in a while to learn new dance steps and charge my phone as well.grin
lmao.. if you de watch dance no forget ur fone..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why You Shouldn't Lose Your Virginity To Premarital Sex Even If You're A Sinner / Which One Came To Nigeria First Islam Or Christianity? / Is It A Sin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.