Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,064 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? (11343 Views)

Prophet Ufuoma Bernard: "No More Tithing In My Church, Daddy Freeze Is Right" / 10 Bible Verses On Tithing / Where Does All The CATHOLIC Money Go? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? by Nobody: 10:43am On Sep 06, 2015
[b]Isn’t this a question every churchgoer has either asked or wondered about at some point in their Christian Walk. Personally, the issue is a serious one that will determine whether I choose a church or let it go.

I’ve experienced churches that REQUIRE a disclosure of your Annual Tax Return to determine what you should, or should have, tithed throughout the year.

I’ve experienced churches (Pastors) that (who) will use the “Guilt Trip” technique to get your tithe. The church that goes to The Old Country Buffet after Service each week but has the Pastor use that outing as a measure against whether you’re doing the right thing by enjoying the “after church festivities” as opposed to tithing…challenging you to forgo the fun, and tithe your “Old Country Buffet” money….telling you that it’s God’s money not yours.

Or there’s the Church that will promise you 100X whatever you tithe…and even go as far as putting a specific date on it….most of the time from a person who has determined they have the “Gift Of Prophecy” and claim that “within 4 days (or on he 4th day), The Lord is going to Bless your finances!!!

Or the “Hostage Church”. The church that has been told by The Lord that everyone WILL Tithe “this week” and that the number #5,000 has been shown to them and that “We are not going anywhere today until we “fulfill The Lord’s Promise” this morning and have #5,000. Low and behold the church has 25 Members, 65% of whom are women, 34% of whom are children, and 1% of whom are men. Then by the end of the “Service”, after the “Tithe Box” has been counted in front of the entire 25 Member Congregation about 10 times, the church resorts to accepting I.O.U. notes from members which finally satisfies “The Promise” for the day sent by “The Lord”.
Many many churches differentiates ”Tithing” from “Giving”…where the “Tithe” is a “Command From The Lord”, while “Giving” is voluntary and consists of whatever you have left after tithing.

Then there are the honest churches led by Godly Men and Women who don’t operate via exploitation tactics and don’t press the issue. They teach you what The Word says and leave it between you and The Lord. Not all churches are guilty of inappropriate practices when it comes to tithing (and Giving)…but many are.

Many times, in most of these inappropriate scenarios, it would seem that the church wouldn’t care if you left empty handed with no money at the end of the service, even to the extent that you might not be able to pay your bills. But, “the church” will avoid being accused of not caring by always encouraging you that “The Lord Will Provide”.

At the end of the day…despite the manner in which each church (or your church) approaches urging people to Tithe… “Where Does The Money Go”?…(in your opinion) and what are your comments in general concerning the church and tithing?[/b]

http://wblk.com/tithing-where-does-the-money-go/?trackback=tsmclip

1 Like

Re: Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? by Nobody: 10:44am On Sep 06, 2015
The pastor no get bank account?

2 Likes

Re: Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? by DickDastardly(m): 10:46am On Sep 06, 2015
It sustains pastors lavish and wayward life style cool

5 Likes

Re: Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? by Nobody: 10:48am On Sep 06, 2015
Sabrwahaqqo:
The pastor no get bank account?
Holy Moses...

So the Pastor owns the tithe?
Re: Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? by Nobody: 10:49am On Sep 06, 2015
DickDastardly:
It sustains pastors lavish and wayward life style cool
Lol... Some bigots will soon descend on you..
Correct tho... E.g. .....
Re: Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? by Nobody: 10:54am On Sep 06, 2015
Freemanan:

Holy Moses...

I was just wondering...

Where do these big big pastors get money to own this luxurious luxurious things when it's not like they own chain of biznesses like Dangote ?
Re: Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? by darnley16(m): 10:55am On Sep 06, 2015
cool
Freemanan:

Holy Moses...

Freemanan:

Holy Moses...

EXACTLY
Freemanan:

Holy Moses...

Re: Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? by Nobody: 10:56am On Sep 06, 2015
Sabrwahaqqo:

I was just wondering...

Where do these big big pastors get money to own this luxurious luxurious things when it's not like they own chain of biznesses like Dangote ?
According to a friend of mine,....

The lord works in a mysterious ways
Re: Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? by Nobody: 10:56am On Sep 06, 2015
darnley16:
cool[b][/b] EXACTLY
Chai... Issapity
Re: Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? by Annunaki(m): 10:58am On Sep 06, 2015
Are christians supposed to tithe in the first instance
Re: Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 06, 2015
Annunaki:
That's another question oh... But They will now start defending it with some scriptural bunkums.
Re: Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? by Nobody: 11:03am On Sep 06, 2015
Freemanan:
According to a friend of mine,....
The lord works in a mysterious ways
Hallelujah !
Re: Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? by arvinsloane(m): 11:07am On Sep 06, 2015
church account..
Re: Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:08am On Sep 06, 2015
@ Freeman what does the bible say about tithing?
Re: Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? by mutiply: 11:09am On Sep 06, 2015
Am never a fan of this tithe issue. Most of the congregation are poor and they find it hard to eat three square meals daily. Why don't the church support its members? There are widows and less privilege members, can't these tithe been used to support one another. The tithe is tagged as what you give to God but one man who is comfortable in life and who is been paid monthly will get hold of it. I rather give mine to beggars on the street without asking anything from them rather than give more money to a rich man. God who sees what I do secretly will reward me secretly.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 06, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:
@ Freeman what does the bible say about tithing?
I don't study the Bible enough to answer this question... What's your point sir?
Re: Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? by Nobody: 11:11am On Sep 06, 2015
mutiply:
Am never a fan of this tithe issue. Most of the congregation are poor and they find it hard to eat three square meals daily. Why don't the church support its members? There are widows and less privilege members, can't these tithe been used to support one another. The tithe is tagged as what you give to God but one man who is comfortable in life and who is been paid monthly will get hold of it. I rather give mine to beggars on the street without asking anything from them rather than give more money to a rich man. God who sees what I do secretly will reward me secretly.
Exactly my point.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:11am On Sep 06, 2015
Freemanan:

I don't study the Bible enough to answer this question... What's your point sir?

If you understand the bible's position on tithing then you should know where it goes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? by marshalcarter: 11:11am On Sep 06, 2015
Me dinor kno oooooo

Happy sunday guys cheesy grin

Chawin coconut nd garri grin

Who cares? grin
Re: Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? by Nobody: 11:13am On Sep 06, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

If you understand the bible's position on tithing then you should know where it goes
Show us then Mate..
Re: Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? by Nobody: 11:13am On Sep 06, 2015
marshalcarter:
Me dinor kno oooooo

Happy sunday guys cheesy grin

Chawin coconut nd garri grin

Who cares? grin
I feel you. Abeg make I break small coconut...
Re: Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:14am On Sep 06, 2015
mutiply:

Errr ... I think you are neglecting the spiritual significance of tithing . You are seeing it as helping the pastors . Remember , sow bountifully and reap bountifully . If are you sowing in truth and reaping nothing . Change your church !
Re: Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? by Nobody: 11:16am On Sep 06, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Errr ... I think you are neglecting the spiritual significance of tithing . You are seeing it as helping the pastors . Remember , sow bountifully and reap bountifully . If are you sowing in truth and reaping nothing . Change your church !
And what if you still get Nothing?

You keep changing?
Re: Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? by marshalcarter: 11:19am On Sep 06, 2015
Freemanan:
I feel you. Abeg make I break small coconut...
Plss its not free of charge grin
Re: Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? by mutiply: 11:19am On Sep 06, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

sow to who brother? Be realistic na. It's not about changing church. I believe God made people to be rich so as to help & assist those who are poor, Not the other way round.
Re: Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? by Nobody: 11:21am On Sep 06, 2015
marshalcarter:

Plss its not free of charge grin
Haaa... Even on Sunday...
*withdraws hand quietly*
Re: Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:21am On Sep 06, 2015
Freemanan:

And what if you still get Nothing?

You keep changing?

Ive not changed my church in 9 yrs plus , so ...
Re: Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? by Nobody: 11:22am On Sep 06, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Ive not changed my church in 9 yrs plus , so ...
Others might not be so lucky.
Re: Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? by minifuworld: 11:22am On Sep 06, 2015
Annunaki:
i believe that most of them are just carring bible up and down they never read it
Re: Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? by marshalcarter: 11:22am On Sep 06, 2015
Freemanan:
Haaa... Even on Sunday... *withdraws hand quietly*
Hehehehehehe
Even on christmas #keeps coconut insyd ma pocket gently# grin
Re: Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? by Nobody: 11:24am On Sep 06, 2015
I'm sure u know there are workers in the church...
The Drummers, those who play the keyboard, piano, blow the trumpet, cleaners, and 90percent of them are paid. Where do u expect the money to come from, The Pastor's pocket?
I'm sure u know the church also needs maintenance, purchasing of diesel, repair of any faulty electrical appliances and u also don't expect that to come from the pastor's pocket alone.
Now, paying of rents, printing of bulletin etc all requires money, do u also expect that to come from ur pastor's pocket alone?
I used to live in such notion but i'm glad I don't think about it anymore.
Pray to blessed beyond ur expectation and such thoughts would be the last thing u would think of.
Re: Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? by Nobody: 11:29am On Sep 06, 2015
castroevans:
I'm sure u know there are workers in the church...
The Drummers, those who play the keyboard, piano, blow the trumpet, cleaners, and 90percent of them are paid. Where do u expect the money to come from, The Pastor's pocket?
I'm sure u know the church also needs maintenance, purchasing of diesel, repair of any faulty electrical appliances and u also don't expect that to come from the pastor's pocket alone.
Now, paying of rents, printing of bulletin etc all requires money, do u also expect that to come from ur pastor's pocket alone?
I used to live in such notion but i'm glad I don't think about it anymore.
Pray to blessed beyond ur expectation and such thoughts would be the last thing u would think of.
So the Poor congregation pays the Workers?

I see.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

RAPTURE; The Re-gathering Of True Israel / Bishop Oyedepo Banned From The UK Over Church Corruption / Why It's Hard For A Richman Or Even the Poor To Enter The Kingdom Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.