Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,300 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

How To Transfer Your Email Inbox To Another Account - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Transfer Your Email Inbox To Another Account (640 Views)

How To Transfer Your Important Files From One Computer To Another / How To Transfer Music To Iphone 6s Without Itunes / Divert Your Yahoomail, Hotmail And Other Mails Messages To Your Gmail Inbox. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Transfer Your Email Inbox To Another Account by techtorqueng: 2:23pm On Sep 06, 2015
Some problems sound so huge but their solutions might just be simpler than we expect.

I worked in an organisation that relies on emails as one of its main medium for communication. Some people just liked it because to them it was a major form of record keeping (email thread). At some point the organisation chose to adopt a reformed domain name, and it was also going to affect the email system.

Many of the staff members did not welcome the idea because it meant they would lose all the email correspondence that had been built over the years. Considering the organisation also gave an ultimatum to fully migrate before they terminate the service on the old domain name.

Many people quickly resorted to forwarding their emails manually, one by one to their new email accounts. For some who worked there for the longest period, it was a matter of days. In fact, a particular department ran skeletal operation for a few days just so they could download records to an offline back.

In the midst of all the chaos, I had an idea. Of course, I wasn’t even sure it was going to work but I just thought I should try it anyway since I was also directly affected. I was using Linux Mint as my main operating system them, and at the time, and I had Mozilla ThunderBird installed. I had both emails configured on the ThunderBird in separate accounts. If you’re used to email clients you’d understand, and you would have been familiar with configuring POP/IMAP. In this case you would be using the IMAP configuration. Email clients allow bulk actions such as DELETE, MARK, MOVE etc. Open the source inbox, highlight all messages (Ctrl + A). Drag the selected content to the inbox of the destination email account. Your ThunderBird will freeze for a couple of minutes, depending on you laptop configuration and internet speed. You will need patience at this point.

Click the link to view post http://www.techtorque.com.ng/how-to-transfer-your-email-inbox-to-another-account/

Re: How To Transfer Your Email Inbox To Another Account by Abudu2000(m): 4:55pm On Sep 07, 2015
man you should learn how to write an article,means one like you can t blog,I don even bother to read the gilberish you just wrote

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Money Blogging Using These FREE Strategies For Beginners & Business / Socialtrics, Hugo, Maniifex / Itune Gift Card For Sale 10$ At N5,600

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.