Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,403 members, 7,812,185 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:43 AM

Shocking!!! President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shocking!!! President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church (782 Views)

Nigerians React To President Buhari's Appearance At Aso Rock Villa Mosque Today / Buhari With Christine Lagarde At Aso Rock Villa + Details Of What Was Discussed / President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shocking!!! President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by phemsie(m): 4:51pm On Sep 06, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari has moved against Christian religious activities within the precincts of the Aso Rock presidential villa, a source familiar with the matter has revealed.

The Aso Rock Villa Chapel serves as the official church of Aso Rock where Christian activities inside the presidential villa are conducted.

According to an eyewitness who spoke to The Trent on Thursday, September 3, 2015 on condition of anonymity, heavily armed men stormed the Aso Rock Chapel on Sunday, August 30, 2015 denying worshippers access to the church.

“Normally, services begin by 7am at the church but when we got there, we met armed security men who said we cannot enter. They said they were acting on orders from above. We waited outside till a few minutes past 8am before they allowed us to enter,” the source disclosed.

A visibly embarrassed Vice President Yemi Osinbajo who worships at the Villa Church, arrived the Chapel and could be seen managing to conceal a worried expression over the incident.

When our reporter contacted Presidential Spokesman Garba Shehu to confirm the development, he claimed he was not aware of the incident. “What you are telling me is news to me. I am not aware of this issue. There is a lot we are dealing with and I hope you are aware the church was handed over to Vice President Osinbajo. So please call Prince Laolu Akande, his spokesman to confirm this issue”, he said.

Further investigations by The Trent have revealed that Sunday’s move was the second in a series of brazen attempts to shut down Christian activities in the Villa.

Less than two months ago, the Children’s Church of the Villa Chapel where the wife of the Vice President, Mrs. Oludolapo Osinbajo worships with the children was closed down on orders from above. According to our source, “security concerns were given as reasons for the closure of the Children’s Church.”

Attempts by this newspaper to reach Vice-Presidential spokesman Laolu Akande failed as his phone lines were unreachable at the time of filing in this

Source :http://www.thetrentonline.com/intolerance-president-buhari-orders-closure-of-aso-rock-villa-church-details/
Re: Shocking!!! President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by OZAOEKPE(f): 4:53pm On Sep 06, 2015
"Let there be shariah, and there was shariah", Quote me anywhere.
Re: Shocking!!! President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by Montaque(m): 4:53pm On Sep 06, 2015
Wow
Re: Shocking!!! President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by phemsie(m): 5:04pm On Sep 06, 2015
I just hope that decision is rescinded. because it will spell doom for his administration if not.

2 Likes

Re: Shocking!!! President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by stebell(m): 5:10pm On Sep 06, 2015
when yu think of the man aka dullard who the gullibles voted into power, yu think of Islamization of Naija.
In 2007, he said if elected then, he'll make sure Sharia is spread across the country. This is jus the beginning of things to come.

May God help us all.
Re: Shocking!!! President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by Sunnymatey(m): 5:27pm On Sep 06, 2015
Why is it easier fr christians to tolerate moslems than the latter to tolerate christians?

1 Like

Re: Shocking!!! President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by bamidele029: 5:29pm On Sep 06, 2015
Stop the lies

http://www.stelladimokokorkus.com/2015/09/president-buhari-did-not-close-down-aso.html

President Buhari DID NOT Close Down Aso Rock Villa Church
The Trent Online published a report that President Buhari has ordered the closure of the Aso Rock Villa Church and His Vice Professor Osibanjo stood and looked helplessly whilst that was on going.....well that report can be likened to a lie running around in a satin dress...

I just spoke with Femi Adesina,the President's Aide special adviser on Media and publicity and he says he was contacted by the platform to confirm or deny the story and he told them it was not true and wondered why they still went ahead to publish when the alleged closed church is still open and functioning.

I also confirmed from Sources who could access the villa church and they call it a blatant lie moulded by confusionists.

So that's it people,the church is still open and you can go worship there if you still have any doubts.
Re: Shocking!!! President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by QueenEdna(f): 6:04pm On Sep 06, 2015
It better be a rumour.
Re: Shocking!!! President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by orunto27: 9:29pm On Sep 06, 2015
No place of worship for VP.
Re: Shocking!!! President Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock Villa Church by Jirate(m): 9:35pm On Sep 06, 2015
Has The “Islamization” Not Started?.............

(1) (Reply)

No Need To Sell A Kidney! Sperm Banks Offers College Graduates Money To Buy.... / Bayelsa APC Primary: “oshiomhole Should Stop Telling Lies” – Timipre Sylva / Buyers Stop Loading Nigerian Crude (due To Anti-corruption Policy) Punch News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.