Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,657 members, 7,820,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Adesina, Oteh’s Appointments Show We Had A World-class Economic Team – Jonathan - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adesina, Oteh’s Appointments Show We Had A World-class Economic Team – Jonathan (27666 Views)

Kano World Class Economic City..... / Ikenga Imo Subtly Mocks Buhari & His Economic Team (Pics) / Presidency Unveils Buhari’s Economic Team (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adesina, Oteh’s Appointments Show We Had A World-class Economic Team – Jonathan by fiverrwin(f): 7:33am On Sep 07, 2015

1 Like

Re: Adesina, Oteh’s Appointments Show We Had A World-class Economic Team – Jonathan by peleson: 7:39am On Sep 07, 2015
HungerBAD:
President Jonathan.

The problem was not Dr Akinwumi Adesina, Ms. Arunma Oteh or your Economic team. The problem was you, and your constant interference with the working of the Government by looting. The recommendations the professionals in your Economic team, gave to you got lost in the memo that passed through Patience Jonathan's office before it got to you.

Says an !diot of nairaland
Re: Adesina, Oteh’s Appointments Show We Had A World-class Economic Team – Jonathan by Demdem(m): 7:43am On Sep 07, 2015
This fool is still talking. World class my foot which ensured that by the time u were leaving office, we were borrowing to pay salaries. Very useless man.

1 Like

Re: Adesina, Oteh’s Appointments Show We Had A World-class Economic Team – Jonathan by peleson: 7:44am On Sep 07, 2015
madridguy:
GEJ what do you have to say about Diezani K. Alison-Madueke, Dasuki, Stella Oduah and other criminals ?
Diezani is the first woman to head Opec while Oduah under whom nigeria had internally remodelled airport that buhari is taking credit on is now a senator of the federal republic! Deal with it. Your buhari appointed fowler who has a forged doctorate degree lol hypocrites
Re: Adesina, Oteh’s Appointments Show We Had A World-class Economic Team – Jonathan by IVORY2009(m): 7:49am On Sep 07, 2015
Demdem:
This fool is still talking. World class my foot which ensured that by the time u were leaving office, we were borrowing to pay salaries. Very useless man.

Lackey! Why is it dat wen you see black, u will refer to it as red? cheesy
Re: Adesina, Oteh’s Appointments Show We Had A World-class Economic Team – Jonathan by Demdem(m): 7:57am On Sep 07, 2015
IVORY2009:

Lackey! Why is it dat wen you see black, u will refer to it as red? cheesy

Lackey, what is black and what is red? did i lie in the post u quoted?

1 Like

Re: Adesina, Oteh’s Appointments Show We Had A World-class Economic Team – Jonathan by madridguy(m): 8:04am On Sep 07, 2015
Which airport are you talking about ?

peleson:

Diezani is the first woman to head Opec while Oduah under whom nigeria had internally remodelled airport that buhari is taking credit on is now a senator of the federal republic! Deal with it. Your buhari appointed fowler who has a forged doctorate degree lol hypocrites

1 Like

Re: Adesina, Oteh’s Appointments Show We Had A World-class Economic Team – Jonathan by moshmod101(m): 8:09am On Sep 07, 2015
A world class economic team indeed...with 'Stealing is not corruption' as Basis...Yeye dey smell!!!

1 Like

Re: Adesina, Oteh’s Appointments Show We Had A World-class Economic Team – Jonathan by Empredboy(m): 8:16am On Sep 07, 2015
kinibigdeal:

You are only quoting the script of lai mohammed. Don't let people decide for you, decide yourself. Nigeria never felt the economic melt down because of the impact of is economic teams. People like sanusi, otteh, iweala and adesina did a very good job. Nigeria economy was affected because oil price dropped drastically. At a point, no country was patronizing our oil again because other option have been discovered in replacement of oil. Global oil price now sell at 40dollars per barrel, please calculate our production per day multiply by 40 dollars per barrel and divide by 12, you will understand better. This are the truth APC are hiding from you but made you believe jonathan ruin the economy. Under GEJ nigeria had a reserve of about 30billion dollars, this same governors forum went to GEJ for the money to be shared due to a unrealistic excuses about their state. It was what iweala published last month when they were accusing GEJ of mismanagement of fund. When you see the sharing formula you will marvel. Try and understand the economic situation before u trade blames. No one is saying GEJ is a saint but not all what u hear are true
Bros no one I deceiving me. Now let me tell u things u didn't know
1... During hi his time a barrel of crude was 100 dollars. Our budget bench mark was $58. My bro the excess crude money where did it go? Reserve? No. You know what OBJ left $37B I beg how come it came to $30B even with excess crude oil?
2... The subsidy money called sure p where is it or where is the project from sure p erected?
3... If you do business in the West Africa you will know where our oil was going to unaccounted for. Anybody living in badagry will confirm to you that under GEJ almost all the filling stations are into bunkery. They collected subsidy money from government and sell to the neighboring Counties.
I beg no let me say more than this. Cos I am on the field and I know what up

1 Like

Re: Adesina, Oteh’s Appointments Show We Had A World-class Economic Team – Jonathan by Rotimi47: 8:17am On Sep 07, 2015
Ikology:
God will punish Tinubu and APC for introducing destructive politics in Nigeria.

Politics of sabotage, propaganda packaged by APC spread by punch newspaper, premium liars, daily post, Sahara desert. You people must reap bountifully all negatives you sowed in our country.
May thunder fire any bad Belle that don't appreciate change; Our collective wealth have been massively looted under the watchful eyes of Jonathan a south south man and some mufus keep throwing up ethnic sentiments! Jonathan administration is the most corrupt administration since the existence of Nigeria! May God rubbish any man or woman who don't want positive change in Nigeria. Smh over & over again

1 Like

Re: Adesina, Oteh’s Appointments Show We Had A World-class Economic Team – Jonathan by Ephemmm: 8:25am On Sep 07, 2015
[s]
Ikology:
God will punish Tinubu and APC for introducing destructive politics in Nigeria.

Politics of sabotage, propaganda packaged by APC spread by punch newspaper, premium liars, daily post, Sahara desert. You people must reap bountifully all negatives you sowed in our country.
[/s]

Stop your lamentation please.

1 Like

Re: Adesina, Oteh’s Appointments Show We Had A World-class Economic Team – Jonathan by henryhemon(m): 8:29am On Sep 07, 2015
kITATITA:
And to imagine that the Nigerian House of Representatives passed a Motion calling for Oteh's removal is an indication of the rot in the system. I salute GEJ for refusing to respect their nonsense resolution. Oteh had to operate without budget as the National Assembly refused to appropriate any funds to SEC under her. It got ridiculous that even her staffers who were used to business as usual turned against her.

And did you know that oteh's appointment was made after changing the civil service rule? Just cuz of one person?
Re: Adesina, Oteh’s Appointments Show We Had A World-class Economic Team – Jonathan by Nobody: 8:34am On Sep 07, 2015
World class economic team & world class corruption

1 Like

Re: Adesina, Oteh’s Appointments Show We Had A World-class Economic Team – Jonathan by Ephemmm: 8:37am On Sep 07, 2015
tomakint:
The best President that Nigerians will come to respect and adore after Buhari's ouster come 2019 has spoken....indeed, Jonathan's economic team remains the best in the history of this Country going by the following indices; job creations, rebasing of our economy, stable GDP, classical reforms in agriculture, financial, industrial, power, petroleum, education sectors and not forgetting the boost in our Foreign Direct Investments (FDI). Jonathan is an enigma.

You and the world class Economic team meet dollar at 163 and left it at 245
You and the world class economic team sold oil for 120,yet nothing to show for it
You and the world class Economic team meet reserve at over 32Billion Dollars and it went down to 19B usd before you left
You and the world class economic team approved 9.2B naira cooking stove which didn't see the light of the day.
You lead the world class economic team to propound the theory that "stealing is not corruption"
You have the world class economic team and Nigerian Universities went on 11 month strike (worst in Nigerian history)
You have the world class economic team and more than 1/2 out of total states were in deep financial mess without solution in paying salaries
You have the world class economic team and external and internal debt grows rapidly despite dwindling reserves

What an irony!

2 Likes

Re: Adesina, Oteh’s Appointments Show We Had A World-class Economic Team – Jonathan by Nobody: 8:37am On Sep 07, 2015
henryhemon:

And did you know that oteh's appointment was made after changing the civil service rule? Just cuz of one person?
Necessary change. She's proved that it's worth it.
Re: Adesina, Oteh’s Appointments Show We Had A World-class Economic Team – Jonathan by henryhemon(m): 8:38am On Sep 07, 2015
The only truth I will tell all of us is make adequate research on any issue before you comment,do not just write words to make you feel good. This country belongs to all of us and I guess most of us want to see a better country and only fools would say gej did well,all fools make comments base on ethnic sentiments, if you are from any ethnic nationality I ask you to state what any appointment from your region has done you for you apart from the governors,what we want is good governance,anything other than that is bull crap. Also only those that have brain damage will judge this administration at this point in time whether he has done good or bad. Lets wait after 1 year and after his tenure then can you confidently judge him. Gej was a big mess,that's the truth and a fact,am from the south but this is the truth.

1 Like

Re: Adesina, Oteh’s Appointments Show We Had A World-class Economic Team – Jonathan by IVORY2009(m): 8:40am On Sep 07, 2015
Demdem:

Lackey, what is black and what is red? did i lie in the post u quoted?

ofcourse ur analysis were not fair.
Re: Adesina, Oteh’s Appointments Show We Had A World-class Economic Team – Jonathan by Adebowale89(m): 8:42am On Sep 07, 2015
we Nigerians are the problem of this country! a president has a best team or not. he perform very well, is that not the motive we voted for them

you vote for a leader to represent the majority, if he perform well, that doesnt turn him or her to a gods or goddess

and am still asking what are the dividends of democracygoto USA and understand what egalitarianism was

the praise and praising of this majority representative (president) was d cause of the over confidence of this leaders leading us astray

think about it!
Re: Adesina, Oteh’s Appointments Show We Had A World-class Economic Team – Jonathan by Demdem(m): 8:54am On Sep 07, 2015
IVORY2009:

ofcourse ur analysis were not fair.

Lackey, since u cant spot a single lie in my post, it suggests to me that u qouted nothing but the truth. Ffuck being fair.
Re: Adesina, Oteh’s Appointments Show We Had A World-class Economic Team – Jonathan by ooshinibos: 8:58am On Sep 07, 2015
erico2k2:

wen people like you buy into APC propaganda how will that be? you took APC lies line hook n sinker
time will tell erico2k2 , APC has only spent 100 days in Government ...am more concerned with performance that benefits ordinary Nigerians not PDP and APC members
Re: Adesina, Oteh’s Appointments Show We Had A World-class Economic Team – Jonathan by anzaeggon(m): 9:24am On Sep 07, 2015
You hv done well,but u gave too much room to ur enemies in ur administratn. Your economic policies are relatively ok than one am seeing now.
Re: Adesina, Oteh’s Appointments Show We Had A World-class Economic Team – Jonathan by Christoskurion: 9:39am On Sep 07, 2015
HungerBAD:
President Jonathan.

The problem was not Dr Akinwumi Adesina, Ms. Arunma Oteh or your Economic team. The problem was you, and your constant interference with the working of the Government by looting. The recommendations the professionals in your Economic team, gave to you got lost in the memo that passed through Patience Jonathan's office before it got to you.

Most of you,destructive critics who never appreciate even a little the effort of Dr Jonathan cant even control their small family circle. Hardly a president that can equal the achievement of President Jonathan in the face of adverse and destructive oppositions(violence,terrorism,media war,unguarded utterances,etc) that some regions and some personalities melted on his administration. Sometimes,i do wonder what his critics achieved during their own time. Whether you accept it or not,the major crime that Jonathan committed is his religion and being against the western neo-colonialism that saw Nigerian GDP to the top in Africa. If he were to be from the south west or the north he would have been forever celebrated in Nigeria. Pls,moslem from the all the geo-political zone of Nigeria and you alliance,leave Jonathan alone. 'I'm a christian','i'm a pastor'etc,dont worry,most of us know where you are coming from.
Re: Adesina, Oteh’s Appointments Show We Had A World-class Economic Team – Jonathan by smuth(m): 9:46am On Sep 07, 2015
HungerBAD:
President Jonathan.

If you can name just one person your dullard father has taken to court and has been found guilty of the said crime then you are not a fool, but if you cannot name one then you are so so foolish...in this age you still believe ever trash on the pages of the newspaper, APC only probe Jonathan in the media and not in court, why? Because they have many daft people just like you who would believe every trash they say.
Re: Adesina, Oteh’s Appointments Show We Had A World-class Economic Team – Jonathan by kinibigdeal(m): 9:57am On Sep 07, 2015
Empredboy:

Bros no one I deceiving me. Now let me tell u things u didn't know
1... During hi his time a barrel of crude was 100 dollars. Our budget bench mark was $58. My bro the excess crude money where did it go? Reserve? No. You know what OBJ left $37B I beg how come it came to $30B even with excess crude oil?
2... The subsidy money called sure p where is it or where is the project from sure p erected?
3... If you do business in the West Africa you will know where our oil was going to unaccounted for. Anybody living in badagry will confirm to you that under GEJ almost all the filling stations are into bunkery. They collected subsidy money from government and sell to the neighboring Counties.
I beg no let me say more than this. Cos I am on the field and I know what up

That shows you are lost totally with happening in your surrounding. You point is out of reality. Sorry!
Re: Adesina, Oteh’s Appointments Show We Had A World-class Economic Team – Jonathan by kennybabs1980: 10:08am On Sep 07, 2015
divinehand2003:
Lol
I CAN'T HELP BUT LAUGH OOOO.
WORLD CLASS ECONOMIC TEAM INDEED, THE SO CALLED TEAM THAT LIED TO NIGERIANS THAT ALL WAS WELL BUT INSTEAD IT WAS DISCOVERED THAT FIGURES WERE JUST MANUFACTURED IN THIER BEDROOMS WHICH WAS GLADLY ANNOUNCED OVER NTA AND AiT.
WORLD CLASS ECONOMIC TEAM INDEED THAT REBASED THE NIGERIAN ECONOMY WITHOUT ANY ASSOCIATED REBASING OF THE COST OR STANDARD OF LIVING OF THE COMMON MAN IN NIGERIA.
WORLD ECONOMIC TEAM INDEED, THAT EXHAUSTED OUR EXCESS CRUDE ACCOUNT IN TIMES OF PLENTY ONLY FOR US TO START BORROWING TO PAY SALARIES IN THE TIMES OF CRUDE OIL CRISIS.
WORLD ECONOMIC TEAM INDEED, BIGGEST JOKE OF THE MILLENNIUM
He assembled world economic team of fraudsters, Shame!

1 Like

Re: Adesina, Oteh’s Appointments Show We Had A World-class Economic Team – Jonathan by Empredboy(m): 10:16am On Sep 07, 2015
kinibigdeal:

That shows you are lost totally with happening in your surrounding. You point is out of reality. Sorry!
then prove it. Afterall I told u of badagry filling stations as fact, also the $100 per barrel which we all knew. So tell me what I didn't know when he was in power

1 Like

Re: Adesina, Oteh’s Appointments Show We Had A World-class Economic Team – Jonathan by kinibigdeal(m): 10:31am On Sep 07, 2015
Empredboy:
then prove it. Afterall I told u of badagry filling stations as fact, also the $100 per barrel which we all knew. So tell me what I didn't know when he was in power

100 dollars per barrel under which administration, if I may ask?
Re: Adesina, Oteh’s Appointments Show We Had A World-class Economic Team – Jonathan by billyG(m): 10:53am On Sep 07, 2015
Re: Adesina, Oteh’s Appointments Show We Had A World-class Economic Team – Jonathan by sevule(m): 11:10am On Sep 07, 2015
[quote author=ocelot2006 post=37743455]

Compared to now?

Under GEJ administration:
1) Nigeria overthrew South Africa as the largest economy in Africa
Had ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with Jonathan. Go back and read what really happened. It was discovered that some sectors were not taken into account when calculating Nigeria's economy and these sectors were added thus making Nigeria's economy larger than South Africa

2)Nigeria's economy grew at a rate of 6-7%, making it one of the fastest economies in the world
Who cares about how fast the economy is growing when it does not translate to REAL development? The American, British and South African economies did not grow as fast as the Nigerian economy but we CANNOT compare their economy to Nigeria's economy. It is just a meaningless indice.If you want to talk about RELEVANT indices talk about our GDP

3)Thanks to the agricultural REVOLUTION, Nigeria's food security was assured. it equally was able to slash its import bill from over N1 TRILLION to abit over N600 billion
Our food security is NOT assured. We still import MOST of our food. But Yes Adesina did a pretty good job in reducing Nigeria's import bill.

4) Nigeria was listed as a member of MINT nations
That is not AN achievement! MINT is simply a terminology a Goldman Sachs banker coined which became popular.

5) The nation's manufacturing sector was rescusitated. Thanks to policies like the automobile policy, Nigeria now produces high end goods like vehicles.
Maybe you are too young to remember but Nigeria has been producing vehicles since the 80s. I am not sure which country you live in but our manufacturing industry has NOT been resuscitated but rather factories are still folding up. If it has been resuscitated where are the new factories?? How can you make such a statement when everyone knows that there is no power to run the factories? This is an OUTRIGHT lie

6)thanks to infusion of funds, sectors like the entertainment sector (Nollywood and co) now accounts for a percentage of the nation's earnings, a VERY FIRST in our history
Please which funds are you referring to? Are you referring to the chicken change that Jonathan dashed actors that came out in support of his campaign? Nollywood was HUGE before Jonathan so please NEVER give Jonathan credit for Nollywood. The credit for Nollywood goes to Idumota not Jonathan!

7)Thanks to the local content policy, Nigerian Companies now participate in very large numbers in the lucrative upstream sector of the Oil and Gas Industry as these local coys are given PRIORITY over their foreign counterparts. Again a VERY FIRST in our history.
The reason that more local companies are participating in the upstream sector is because the multinational companies such as Shell and Total ARE DIVESTING from that sector. This is obviously AN INDICTMENT on the Jonathan administartion because it shows that the multi nationals have no faith in Nigeria plain and simple

coolThanks to the administration, there was MASSIVE investment in power, from generation to transmission to distribution. Thanks to same administration, private sector participation was FULLY introduced via the privatization of NEPA, thus eliminating govt inefficiency. You now enjoy more power thanks to all these. That means the OPEX of businesses, particularly SMEs have been SLASHED, thus allowing for growth.
Are you a joker? Please walk into[b]ANY[/b] company and ask them if they have stopped using their generators. I am pretty certain that you typed this post without light in your house. Despite the BILLIONS pumped into the power sector in 6 years we have NOTHING to show for it and you call it an achievement? Did you drink?

9) thanks to programmes like YouWin and funds from organizations like BoI, additional SMEs were created as
budding entrepreneurs could access funds with little to ZERO interest rates.
True

10) Thanks to SEC under the GEJ, regulation of the financial market was enforced. Also laudable was the risk assessment undertaken by the CBN, again under GEJ'S watch.
Regulation of the stock market was ongoing before Jonathan. He did not do anything special in that regard

This is a REALLY POOR attempt to whitewash Jonathan's administratio which we ALL know was the MOST CORRUPT government Nigeria HAS EVER SEEN! Try harder next time

1 Like

Re: Adesina, Oteh’s Appointments Show We Had A World-class Economic Team – Jonathan by Empredboy(m): 11:13am On Sep 07, 2015
kinibigdeal:

100 dollars per barrel under which administration, if I may ask?
http://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/pet_pri_spt_s1_a.htm
Check how much crude oil was sold in his time. Compare to the budget and see enough reserve or excess money he made. I beg let's tell ourselves the truth cos there is Internet to Google things and we have young ones coming up. The young ones won't ask us anything instead they Google it to know the fact. You too can do that instead of arguing or defending a false man.
Re: Adesina, Oteh’s Appointments Show We Had A World-class Economic Team – Jonathan by gidjah(m): 11:13am On Sep 07, 2015
HungerBAD:
President Jonathan.

The problem was not Dr Akinwumi Adesina, Ms. Arunma Oteh or your Economic team. The problem was you, and your constant interference with the working of the Government by looting. The recommendations the professionals in your Economic team, gave to you got lost in the memo that passed through Patience Jonathan's office before it got to you.so so true,may you never die of hunger un Jesus name,Amen.True he had a world economic team but side ,he also kept a world class Cortupt and Selfish Team as well.Up Jonathan

1 Like

Re: Adesina, Oteh’s Appointments Show We Had A World-class Economic Team – Jonathan by Nobody: 12:16pm On Sep 07, 2015
tomakint:
The best President that Nigerians will come to respect and adore after Buhari's ouster come 2019 has spoken....indeed, Jonathan's economic team remains the best in the history of this Country going by the following indices; job creations, rebasing of our economy, stable GDP, classical reforms in agriculture, financial, industrial, power, petroleum, education sectors and not forgetting the boost in our Foreign Direct Investments (FDI). Jonathan is an enigma.

My brother, how do we drum dis into these pple's heads?

Why are most people superficial and easily swayed by propaganda?

Anytime I read pple discrediting GEJ it hurts so bad.

That man was a saviour who only needed our full, continuous support.

Time will tell!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Accidental Bomb In IDP: Air Force Bombs Killed 52 & Injured 120 - MSF Reports / Expel Okorocha From APC - Araraume, Uzodinma, Izunaso / Police Arrest 67 IPOB Members, Native Doctor For Unlawful Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.