Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled (43978 Views)

Progression Of Android From Cupcake To Marshmallow 2008 - 2016 / See The Nokia 1101 I Spotted In Ilorin Yesterday / NOKIA Come Back With NOKIA C1 See Specs And Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled by fergus0n: 4:15pm On Sep 07, 2015
exhibition:
Hmmm!! This is wow! When is it going to be on sale?

Need anything from Jumia?
Contact me now!

Tot u work 4 jumia? Plz buhari should probe dis man.

Since I startd followinq NL I hvn't been FTC
Seun must be probed!!!
Re: Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled by SlyCharlie(m): 4:37pm On Sep 07, 2015
Re: Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled by bigtt76(f): 4:45pm On Sep 07, 2015
Never again Nokia ....bought Nokia XL only to learn they were discontinuing the Android project. Unfortunately abi luckily sef it was stolen off me grin
Re: Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled by martineverest(m): 4:50pm On Sep 07, 2015
A mere rumour.c1 is not even existing.nokia cant make fones till late 2016
ollah1:
The king has resurrected. Microsoft tried killing you but you didn't die.

C1 existed back in the days on symbian , I guess

Welcome back
All hail the king
Re: Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled by martineverest(m): 4:54pm On Sep 07, 2015
U are back with false statement again.bloatwares are not adware.android fones are the only fones with virus,bloatwares,spywares etc
ollah1:

U are wrong. Viruses are in all phones
Bloatwares is in all phones it depends what u term a Bloat
Adware same thing

How does too much back ground processes affect your daily usage?
Re: Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled by honeyway(m): 4:55pm On Sep 07, 2015
I still love nokia .i wont be surprised if they change all their past high end phone os to the baddest lastest android
Re: Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled by martineverest(m): 4:59pm On Sep 07, 2015
Stop posting errors.nokia cant make fones until late 2016 [quote author=TechLector post=37740350]
Nokia’s future in thmartphone market is somewhat uncertain after Microsoft acquired the company’s Windows Phone branch, but Nokia as a brand is still alive and kicking. Not long ago the company released its first Androidhere have also been some rumors regarding Nokia’s alleged plans to rejoin the smartphone market on the Android side of things.

In the meantime, it has been settled that the company will indeed go back to manufacturing smartphones … but it’s a bit more complicated than than. Check out our Nokia Back To Smartphones: The Night Of The Living Dead? article for more details

While Nokia did release a handful of Android-powered devices already, the experience they deliver is not even close to what a pure Android device would offer. These low-end terminals – like the Nokia X and XL – run on hfied versions of Android, and not
Re: Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled by Nobody: 4:59pm On Sep 07, 2015
This phone go cost like kidney.
Re: Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled by Nobody: 5:04pm On Sep 07, 2015
dominique:
They woke up too late.
too too late my dear,they are dreaming on a monkey mountain.
Re: Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled by Hapheaz(m): 5:10pm On Sep 07, 2015
Tech lector baba!!
Buh the phone looks nice though
Re: Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled by nex(m): 5:16pm On Sep 07, 2015
It's unfortunate the way Nokia has gone. Around 2005, they had a chance to chance the world of telephony, instead, they started making all manners of funnily shaped devices. They bought over the Vertu brand and started making and selling mobile phones for N3,000,000. Rather than spending money on developing a new OS, they stuck to their Symbian OS even when everyone knew it had outlived itself. Now, Microsoft has used them to develop and buy out a mobile department for itself.
Re: Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled by Ryabcool(m): 5:40pm On Sep 07, 2015
MadCow1:

It's cool bro..

Smartphones are not for everyone. Port to Nokia or even Siemens or Alcatel if you so please.

Soon, people would have to write IQ tests to buy SAMSUNG phone.

It's SAMSUNG and then the others.
lmao! See hype. Hope no be sey you be their brand manager? grin

See the name sef; Samsung. Sounding like Shang Tsung from MK Trilogy angry angry.... grin grin

Samsung is good, but let's face facts. Chinko will always remain Chinko, even if the brand image is exceptionally high at the moment. Nokia had always produced quality, no matter the budget range it was produced for. Samsung on the other hand is just using its brand image and a top notch processor(which they acquired license for, not like they invented it in the first place) to inflate the prices of their products. it's just like comparing Hp with Toshiba lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled by Nobody: 5:42pm On Sep 07, 2015
nokia is far behind on the android food chain, there are so many competitors out there. if they wana av a great come bak, they shud go d chinko way, give africans highend features for low price
Re: Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled by UjSizzle(f): 5:59pm On Sep 07, 2015
Isn't there a Nokia C1 running Java already in existence

Anyway anything 'rumoured' isn't even worth my time. I'll wait till it's confirmed.

Re: Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled by Cvesta(m): 6:01pm On Sep 07, 2015
Still a Nokia Fan
Re: Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled by Mekky05(m): 6:52pm On Sep 07, 2015
dominique:
They woke up too late.
Nope,they didn't my dear.. There is a saying that goes "when ever u wake up,is your morning". If u really read the specs of the phone and understood it well,u wouldn't have said so. And if u truly used high end nokia phones way back as 2005/2006/2007,u will know dat gionee,solo,injoo,infinix and what have you are just babies still learning how to crawl.
Re: Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled by Lezzlie(m): 8:45pm On Sep 07, 2015
ollah1:

Dude don't start what you can't finish. All top oems innovates and they all copy. Apple is a great copier too but they stylishly act like they innovate.

Apple is yet to innovate anything since the demise of Steve Jobs.

Only Samsung can produce a phone with 95% of its components being homegrown including software. Don't mess with samsung
The bolded is technological sacrilege. Apple will not stoop low to use android owned by Google. Listen, I have used both and I will ask you this: Why do you think the IOS is so stable, smoother and richer than android? It is because the it is HOMEGROWN.

Listen, the GSM world has begged apple to release the APK for IOS to be used all other vrand of phones but apple turned it down.

When samsung S5 copied the finger print scanner of the iPhone 5s , it wasn't working well at all. It took several updates from Google before it worked.

Samsung currently uses 3GB of ram and octa-core processors on some of their flagships but apple is still on 1gb of ram and dual core and they are alot faster and stable than samsung.

Samsung waits for Google before taking any step software wise. So Google finish cooking the food and samsung just adds a little salt and spices to eat it. On the other hand, apple updates and develop the IOS as it's own property and waits for no one.

May I remind you that before android came into being, Samsung was relying on Nokia's S60 OS to survive in the smartphone market?

Seems you don't know much about what you sound so confident about.

Please as we converse this very minute, Samsung still pays millions of rayalty in patents to gsm boss Nokia.

They pay apple as well. The profit of samsung is 100 times bigger than samsung mobile. Because for every single android phone Samsung sell, it pays royalty to the masters..
Re: Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled by BossTtdiamonds(m): 8:57pm On Sep 07, 2015
parrotibaba:
I have always been a Nokia fan right until the advent of their windows phones so if they switch fully to the Android merry band then I will happily indulge them.
Bro... same here oh!.. It's as if they've put me on some kind of spell.....
Re: Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled by Lezzlie(m): 9:16pm On Sep 07, 2015
dasphinx1:

Bros, ever heard of EXYNOS or TIZEN?

Fanboys be flaming fanwars while multinational corporations keep making billions of dollars...SMH :-/
That they make billions don't mean we shouldn't debate about them. And I'm not a fan boy, lad. I use whatever is expedient for the moment. And that include Nokia, iPhone, Sony, tecno, blackberry and Samsung. Currently, I use a tecno p5 as my call and mobile hotpot , S4 for games and a little internet and note 3 for music, heavy gaming and serious browsing expecially when I'm off working. Does this sound like a fan boy to you?

Coming to your question, exynos is a cheap processor chip made by Samsung for their mobile phones and until recently it COULD NOT support 4G network. My S4 is the qualcom model. The note3 has an exynos and qualcom processor models and the exynos is often cheaper and hardly come to Europe.

TIZEN unlike BADA isn't homegrown samsung OS which didn't fly. S60 by Nokia was used by Samsung before they jumped ship into android and the bada OS just didn't fly. TIZEN also is used for samsung wristwatches and cameras but it is not owned by Samsung; it is owned jointly and developed by Linux Foundation, Tizen Association, Samsung and Intel.
Re: Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled by dasphinx1(m): 9:50pm On Sep 07, 2015
Lezzlie:
[/b] That they make billions don't mean we shouldn't debate about them. And I'm not a fan boy, lad. I use whatever is expedient for the moment. And that include Nokia, iPhone, Sony, tecno, blackberry and Samsung. Currently, I use a tecno p5 as my call and mobile hotpot , S4 for games and a little internet and note 3 for music, heavy gaming and serious browsing expecially when I'm off working. Does this sound like a fan boy to you?

Coming to your question, exynos is a cheap processor chip made by Samsung for their mobile phones and until recently it COULD NOT support 4G network. My S4 is the qualcom model. The note3 has an exynos and qualcom processor models and the exynos is often cheaper and hardly come to Europe.

TIZEN unlike BADA isn't homegrown samsung OS which didn't fly. S60 by Nokia was used by Samsung before they jumped ship into android and the bada OS just didn't fly. TIZEN also is used for samsung wristwatches and cameras but it is not owned by Samsung; it is owned jointly and developed by Linux Foundation, Tizen Association, Samsung and Intel.

Apparently not a fanboy.... Bro, i apologize and take that statement back....Hope we cool tho?
Re: Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled by Lezzlie(m): 11:09pm On Sep 07, 2015
dasphinx1:

Apparently not a fanboy.... Bro, i apologize and take that statement back....Hope we cool tho?
Cool my guy
Re: Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled by Rexnegro(m): 11:31pm On Sep 07, 2015
#teambb10userforlife Especially the Q family and classic
Re: Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled by Emeka71(m): 4:01am On Sep 08, 2015
potolistic:
Nokia should qo 2 hell jor..... No1 cares about your products anymore
potolistic:
But NOKIA is original.
potolistic:
Re: Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled by Nobody: 8:31am On Sep 08, 2015
rottennaija:
It like Nokia is beginning to learn from the Fig tree

Nokia phones are usually windows based, which time dem go android, CAVEAT EMPTOR, might be another Injoo rip off. angry
Re: Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled by Nobody: 8:33am On Sep 08, 2015
kaeforum:

Nokia phones are usually windows based, which time dem go android, CAVEAT EMPTOR, might be another Injoo rip off. angry

Nokia has good hardware and good battery life.
Re: Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled by bigass123(m): 8:56am On Sep 08, 2015
You gerrit... Nice phone specs must be complemented with good battery.
Infinix Hot Note Is rocking my boat steadily in that regard, but if Nokia can give me that kindda battery power, we are bound to do business.
ritababe:
Nice specs if the battery is more than 4000MAH i will buy, but if its below then i will pass
Re: Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled by yomisco4love(m): 9:16am On Sep 08, 2015
Good one, but if the price is not less than or equal to 30k and the Battery is not more than 4000mah, the market penetration for it may be very disappointing to them. And I will say they have not waked up yet from their slumber.
Re: Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled by luckydube007: 10:48am On Sep 08, 2015
I also know that Nokia will make be proud. Am so much in love with Nokia phones
Re: Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled by Boomboost(m): 7:02pm On Sep 08, 2015
I read somewhere this phone SHOULD be around 10,000 rupees, that's about N28k.
That would be nice!
Re: Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled by Nobody: 3:14am On Sep 09, 2015
Lezzlie:
The bolded is technological sacrilege. Apple will not stoop low to use android owned by Google. Listen, I have used both and I will ask you this: Why do you think the IOS is so stable, smoother and richer than android? It is because the it is HOMEGROWN.

You successully unleashed the zero technology in you with this trash you posted. Where did you see or confirmed it that iOS is more stable, smoother and richer than Android? The last stable and smooth iOS was iOS 6, subsequent versions were purely trash. They were only colourful. The very last one is the most unbeareable. It lagged like hell even on iPhone 6 and 6 plus. iOs has never been richer than Android, the features on iOS all existed long before on Android.

Listen, the GSM world has begged apple to release the APK for IOS to be used all other vrand of phones but apple turned it down.

WTF do you mean by APK for iOS? Do you even know what APK means?

When samsung S5 copied the finger print scanner of the iPhone 5s , it wasn't working well at all. It took several updates from Google before it worked.

Bro you shouldn't be talking tech at all. Peeps like you think Apple created everything whereas they are the master copier. Samsung never copied Apple in finger tech on phones, two different phones long existed with finger prints. Motorola Atrix, forgotten the other. Besides what does Google have to do with Samsung finger print scanner? Damn, you know nothing.

Samsung currently uses 3GB of ram and octa-core processors on some of their flagships but apple is still on 1gb of ram and dual core and they are alot faster and stable than samsung.

The recent Samsung's offerings from Note 4 has been faster than iPhones by miles. Do you even know the function of cores and RAM's in devices? Do you know how Android / iOS handles cores and RAM's?

Samsung waits for Google before taking any step software wise. So Google finish cooking the food and samsung just adds a little salt and spices to eat it. On the other hand, apple updates and develop the IOS as it's own property and waits for no one.

Please use your head at least once in few months. Google is the primary anchor of Android so they will push the updates. What else has Apple developed besides iOS? Do you know the number of parts and materials Samsung has in iPhones? The next version of iPhone would be realeased soonest, do you know the number of things in the phone done and completed by iPhone?

May I remind you that before android came into being, Samsung was relying on Nokia's S60 OS to survive in the smartphone market?
Yes Samsung was using Symbian and Bada OS, so f**k what?

Seems you don't know much about what you sound so confident about.
Well, it appears you are the master of nothing up there technology wise

Please as we converse this very minute, Samsung still pays millions of rayalty in patents to gsm boss Nokia.
Link to this please

They pay apple as well. The profit of samsung is 100 times bigger than samsung mobile. Because for every single android phone Samsung sell, it pays royalty to the masters..

Lol, did you just say every sammy android phone? Yes, they paid Apple and likewise Apple paying them. Most of these cases where done in the United States and what else do you expect? Android OEMS don't have time taking Apple to courts cos they believe Apple acts childishly, selfishly and evilish. Apple wants to be the only player in the market. Apple patents the most stupidest thing a man can ever imagine.

If Apple was a car company, it could patent wheels or tyres or something. iOS 9 will debut soonest, you will see the number features stolen from Android, Touchwiz and Windows. The swipe to unlock on iPhones was stolen from Neonade.

Again, i repeat only Samsung can make a mobile phone with 95% of its components(hardware) and software from its backyard

Re: Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled by Nobody: 3:28am On Sep 09, 2015
martineverest:
U are back with false statement again.bloatwares are not adware.android fones are the only fones with virus,bloatwares,spywares etc

lol, i knew you would come on board. You talk as if other OS's were made in heaven so it can't be attacked. Do you about WireLurker virus that hit iphones? Do you know about the SMS bug that crashed iPhones? Hehe, the media won't blow this out of proportion because we know who controls them

Do you know what bloatwares mean? Lemme school you a bit, bloats are unwanted/unused pre installed apps on phones. If i'm a windows phone user, i could regard microsoft apps as bloats if i feel i don't need them. The games on windows PC are bloats hence the removal from windows 10.
Re: Nokia C1: First Pure Android From The Nokia Unveiled by Nobody: 3:32am On Sep 09, 2015
martineverest:
A mere rumour.c1 is not even existing.nokia cant make fones till late 2016

Most of these things starts with rumours. Take the rumor with grain of salt but doesn't stop it from truly existing. It was rumoured that Nokia would release Android phones early before the forked Nokia X family debuted. It was rumoured that Nokia would release another Android device, N1 came into existence.

Nothing is trully hidden in the tech world

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EXCLUSIVE: Elephone P7000 Hands On Review- By Ahmadjr / You Think Your Smartphone Is The Best ? Wait Until You See This / Amazing The Longest USB Charger Cord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.