Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,777 members, 7,844,527 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Danielle Steel; Not Like Before - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Danielle Steel; Not Like Before (1409 Views)

Hearts Of Steel / Danielle Steele Novels You Read And You Didn' t Cry / Danielle Steele Fan Club (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Danielle Steel; Not Like Before by dominique(f): 9:30pm On Apr 04, 2009
dont know about you guys, but i've come to dislike her recent books almost as much as i liked her older ones. its like shes loosing her edge and her books are drab to the point of boring. the last of her book i read was "The miracle" and it was excruciatingly boring. infact,  i dont think i'll ever read any of her books again. anybody with contrary opinions?
Re: Danielle Steel; Not Like Before by SeanT21(f): 4:46am On Apr 05, 2009
Danielle Steel it is.I have seen some of her books but never read it.I saw a movie based on one of her books and thats about it.**I do not find her stories captivating.** sad
Re: Danielle Steel; Not Like Before by dominique(f): 12:27pm On Apr 05, 2009
i used to be a fan of her books before. older books like "family album" "Zoya" and "message from nam" are masterpieces. but nowadays, i dont know what the hell she's writing; boring characters, drab and mediocre storylines at the end of the book, you'll blame yourself for wasting valuable time on all that rubbish. i doubt if i'll ever read any of her books again.

1 Like

Re: Danielle Steel; Not Like Before by kadman(m): 5:28pm On Apr 05, 2009
I also used to be a fan,way back in my early teens, I read Zoya when i was 14,I kept on crying and crying for days. I quicky outgrew her books anyways
Re: Danielle Steel; Not Like Before by dominique(f): 11:05pm On Apr 05, 2009
zoya really moved me, but not to tears. maybe i also outgrew her books, she was one of my favourites in secondary school. now its dean koontz, sandra brown, sidney sheldon and other compelling writers.
Re: Danielle Steel; Not Like Before by kadman(m): 4:28pm On Apr 06, 2009
Ha ha,your heart must be hard, The way she lost everything shook me,but as you said I'm sooo over her books,finished all Sheldon and Sandra Brown years ago. I'm on Ken Follet at the moment,he's good,check his books out.
Re: Danielle Steel; Not Like Before by dominique(f): 6:55pm On Apr 09, 2009
kadman:

I'm on Ken Follet at the moment,he's good,check his books out.
i'm not much of a sci fi fan.
Re: Danielle Steel; Not Like Before by Nobody: 7:41pm On Apr 09, 2009
I think she's just someone who's looking to pass her sadness on.
Re: Danielle Steel; Not Like Before by k4kenny(f): 8:14pm On Apr 10, 2009
true talk, her writing even got more sour after she lost her son. i never really liked her books, too much bitterness. so i cant really say she got worse cos she was never that good.
Re: Danielle Steel; Not Like Before by k4kenny(f): 8:22pm On Apr 10, 2009
if you're looking for compelling female writers, check out the likes of mary higgins clark, judith mcnauth, sandra brown et al. danielle steel my yansh tongue
Re: Danielle Steel; Not Like Before by kadman(m): 7:21pm On Apr 11, 2009
Ken Follet is sooooo not Sci Fi, if you like Sandra Brown & Sheldon that's your next step. . . Trust me.
Re: Danielle Steel; Not Like Before by dominique(f): 5:08pm On Apr 12, 2009
i'll check out his books, he better not be better than koontz!.
Re: Danielle Steel; Not Like Before by Pepeye(f): 10:34pm On Apr 15, 2009
Was never into her books
Re: Danielle Steel; Not Like Before by tijehi(f): 8:59am On Aug 04, 2013
Danielle Steele: President of the Depressed Nation
Re: Danielle Steel; Not Like Before by princesa(f): 10:39pm On Aug 04, 2013
I've read a book of hers. 'The long road home' and i liked it...

but i prefer African literature anyday.
Re: Danielle Steel; Not Like Before by Nobody: 11:00pm On Aug 04, 2013
The most recent of her work that I have read is Big Girl... At some point I got bored which never happens with danielle steel
but 'Sisters'(is recent and is really nice), 'Daddy'(in case you've not read it shocked), 'impossible' 'five days in paris' and 'malice(at a point I had to cry while reading this cry)' are better...
Re: Danielle Steel; Not Like Before by Tiana155(f): 10:00am On Aug 05, 2013
I love danelle steel. All her books do not have to be the same. Her storylines are just different.
Re: Danielle Steel; Not Like Before by stariobran(f): 9:32pm On Aug 05, 2013
I still cry when i remember zoya. omg dt book was something else. i cried and cried while reading it. i was 17years then smiley

(1) (Reply)

How I Met My Mother. / Online Freelance Writing Sites / Creeepy!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.