Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,095 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

Help!!! He Wants To Sue A Company But Don't Know What It Might Cost - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Help!!! He Wants To Sue A Company But Don't Know What It Might Cost (2719 Views)

Femi Fani-Kayode Threatens To Sue Amaechi / Omoyele Sowore Reacts To Dino Melaye Coming To Sue Him In New York / Bakare: Buhari Told Me He Wants A VP Who Can Hold The Nation Together If He Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! He Wants To Sue A Company But Don't Know What It Might Cost by Demichaels: 10:11pm On Sep 06, 2015
I intend to institute a legal action against one of the telecommunication Giants in Nigeria for violating my fundamental right as a customer. But I am scared because I don't know how much the litigation can cost me. I therefore need an advice from legal luminaries in the house on what I am likely to spend on a 50 million naira suit against the company. My most area of concern is on filing and service charges as well as what a competent advocate is likely to charge. A breakdown will be very useful.

I need to have a clue of these as well as others I don't know before approaching a lawyer. I don't even have or know a lawyer for now. Please, help a brother!!!!!

Moderators, please do the needful.
Re: Help!!! He Wants To Sue A Company But Don't Know What It Might Cost by HungerBAD: 10:12pm On Sep 06, 2015
There is a reason people, say troubles are very expensive.

Off course getting a reputable lawyer is very expensive, unless you want all those charge and bail lawyers, standing in front of Ikeja High Court.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! He Wants To Sue A Company But Don't Know What It Might Cost by ICRMJigawa(m): 10:13pm On Sep 06, 2015
Go ahead.

Hope its MTHen.

Well, if its MTHen. Then be prepared to sell ur fathers lost land in Port harcourt for the case.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! He Wants To Sue A Company But Don't Know What It Might Cost by donholy28(m): 10:14pm On Sep 06, 2015
Transfer me d 50 mil let me follow them with prayers

1 Like

Re: Help!!! He Wants To Sue A Company But Don't Know What It Might Cost by Nobody: 10:21pm On Sep 06, 2015
this is serious!! over to the legal luminaries---

Need anything from Jumia?
Contact me now!
Re: Help!!! He Wants To Sue A Company But Don't Know What It Might Cost by mymadam(m): 10:27pm On Sep 06, 2015
Present your case (idea) at the nearest Legal Aid office (free). Try some 'activist lawyers' too. Who knows, one of them might fancy him/herself as Gani Fawehinmi reincarnated! Good luck buddy! I'm on your side but... in case of cash-flow, be ready to foot the bill. Deal?

1 Like

Re: Help!!! He Wants To Sue A Company But Don't Know What It Might Cost by laudate: 10:30pm On Sep 06, 2015
Demichaels:
I intend to institute a legal action against one of the telecommunication Giants in Nigeria for violating my fundamental right as a customer. But I am scared because I don't know how much the litigation can cost me. I therefore need an advice from legal luminaries in the house on what I am likely to spend on a 50 million naira suit against the company. My most area of concern is on filing and service charges as well as what a competent advocate is likely to charge. A breakdown will be very useful.

I need to have a clue of these as well as others I don't know before approaching a lawyer. I don't even have or know a lawyer for now. Please, help a brother!!!!!

What exactly are the issues you have with them? Does it have to do with a service failure, or termination of employment? shocked

If it has to do with service failure on your network, then please file a complaint with NCC (Nigerian Communications Commission) which is the regulatory body of the telecoms industry. If there is merit in your complaint, they can wade into the issue to either mediate or sanction the telco.

You can also lodge a complaint with the Consumer Protection Council (CPC). They can also intervene on your behalf.

If your grouse with them has to do with termination of employment, then please look for a lawyer versed in labour laws who can advise you appropriately. If your firm has a staff union or association, then they can take up the case on your behalf. sad

Anyway, please remember that lawyers have different areas of expertise. You have the good, the bad and the downright ugly, too. Do your search and check their reputation, before engaging one. Also, ask around for the chambers of those advocates that have taken silk (i.e. Senior Advocates of Nigeria: SAN) wink

If you are destitute or financially handicapped and they believe you have a strong case, they might take it on as a pro bono case, without charging you anything at first. However, some of them will tell you that they will take a fee or percentage, out of whatever amount the judge awards as damages against the telco, in your favour. undecided
Re: Help!!! He Wants To Sue A Company But Don't Know What It Might Cost by Demichaels: 10:31pm On Sep 06, 2015
mymadam:
Present your case (idea) at the nearest Legal Aid office (free). Try some 'activist lawyers' too. Who knows, one of them might fancy him/herself as Gani Fawehinmi reincarnated! Good luck buddy! I'm on your side but... in case of cash-flow, be ready to foot the bill. Deal?

I am very much aware of legal aids and activists but as they say 'free things dey purge', I don't know if they will attend to the case with same zeal as paid advocates.
Re: Help!!! He Wants To Sue A Company But Don't Know What It Might Cost by yanabasee(m): 10:31pm On Sep 06, 2015
OP you haven't given me much reasons to give u any admonition of what u should do...
Why do you want to file a case against the company?

Of what offence have they committed?

I can only give u my two cent's worth and support if you'll give me the reasons to do so... Else, I'll say you should backoff as your 50million won't take u a long way... MTN signed a 50million contract with Davido and they've got many other endorsed celebrities worth millions and billions of Naira... So ur money will not go anyway as ur solicitor will be paid tripple of what you'll pay him and he'll lose the case and u'll not cough an air.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! He Wants To Sue A Company But Don't Know What It Might Cost by Demichaels: 10:37pm On Sep 06, 2015
laudate:

What exactly are the issues you have with them? Does it have to do with a service failure, or termination of employment? shocked

If it has to do with service failure on your network, then please file a complaint with NCC (Nigerian Communications Commission) which is the regulatory body of the telecoms industry. If there is merit in your complaint, they can wade into the issue to either mediate or sanction the telco.

You can also lodge a complaint with the Consumer Protection Council (CPC). They can also intervene on your behalf.

If your grouse with them has to do with termination of employment, then please look for a lawyer versed in labour laws who can advise you appropriately. If your firm has a staff union or association, then they can take up the case on your behalf. sad

Anyway, please remember that lawyers have different areas of expertise. You have the good, the bad and the downright ugly, too. Do your search and check their reputation, before engaging one. Also, ask around for the chambers of those advocates that have taken silk (i.e. Senior Advocates of Nigeria: SAN) wink

If you are destitute or financially handicapped and they believe you have a strong case, they might take it on as a pro bono case, without charging you anything at first. However, some of them will tell you that they will take a fee or percentage, out of whatever amount the judge awards as damages against the telco, in your favour. undecided

Thanks for your input. I don't mind giving away reasonable percentage of the likely awarded damage but all I want is someone who can competently mesmerize the court so that we can smile to the bank. I don't want to disclose the nature of the case in any public fora for security reasons but I am sure I have a good case
Re: Help!!! He Wants To Sue A Company But Don't Know What It Might Cost by lwise(m): 10:39pm On Sep 06, 2015
laudate:

Thanks for the analysis, what about my own case most people call my line to inquire about Air France scheduled flight.I ask them most time where do they get my number,they said its one of Air France customer care line.I took a step further to call Air France land line and ask if my number is part of their customer care line and the lady says yes.I'm so surprised because I've been using the line for a very long time.
Re: Help!!! He Wants To Sue A Company But Don't Know What It Might Cost by Obrigardo: 10:42pm On Sep 06, 2015
laudate:

Case Closed

Demichaels:

Thanks for your input. I don't mind giving away reasonable percentage of the likely awarded damage but all I want is someone who can competently mesmerize the court so that we can smile to the bank. I don't want to disclose the nature of the case in any public fora for security reasons but I am sure I have a good case

Please Use Google, I don't know what else you want to know or contact Femi Falana
Re: Help!!! He Wants To Sue A Company But Don't Know What It Might Cost by Demichaels: 10:45pm On Sep 06, 2015
yanabasee:
OP you haven't given me much reasons to give u any admonition of what u should do...
Why do you want to file a case against the company?

Of what offence have they committed?

I can only give u my two cent's worth and support if you'll give me the reasons to do so... Else, I'll say you should backoff as your 50million won't take u a long way... MTN signed a 50million contract with Davido and they've got many other endorsed celebrities worth millions and billions of Naira... So ur money will not go anyway as ur solicitor will be paid tripple of what you'll pay him and he'll lose the case and u'll not cough an air.

Buying my barrister with money? I know it's possible but I think that will not deter me. I HAVE A VERY GOOD CASE, I AM VERY SURE OF THAT. I won't disclose it here for whatever reason cos I don't know who is reading.

Please, if you really wanna help, limit yourself to my stated areas of perplexity
Re: Help!!! He Wants To Sue A Company But Don't Know What It Might Cost by laudate: 10:45pm On Sep 06, 2015
lwise:

Thanks for the analysis, what about my own case most people call my line to inquire about Air France scheduled flight.I ask them most time where do they get my number,they said its one of Air France customer care line.I took a step further to call Air France land line and ask if my number is part of their customer care line and the lady says yes.I'm so surprised because I've been using the line for a very long time.

Lodge a complaint with the telco that issued you the line. Also, write to the Air France management about the issue. If you have a copy of any of their flyers or documents with your number written on it, please attach it as evidence. The error may not be from the telco, but from Air France. sad

They may have made an error in the digits of the phone number, they gave out to their customers. I know someone whose phone number was 080......3112. Well, a popular eatery had their number with the same digits as my friend's number, but their own number ended with 080......3113. undecided

Unfortunately, their printer made an error and end the numbers with 080......3112, which was my friend's number. He started receiving calls from their customers, who wanted to place orders for delivery of food! It was when he complained to the MD of the eatery, that they discovered where the mistake originated from. They pacified my friend with free food and drinks for 2 days!! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Help!!! He Wants To Sue A Company But Don't Know What It Might Cost by Demichaels: 10:49pm On Sep 06, 2015
Obrigardo:

Case Closed

Please Use Google, I don't know what else you want to know or contact Femi Falana

Google has not provided any useful tips so far, hence I resorted to this forum
Re: Help!!! He Wants To Sue A Company But Don't Know What It Might Cost by henribj(m): 10:50pm On Sep 06, 2015
uhm OP I don't think you told us the reason why you want to sue.
Re: Help!!! He Wants To Sue A Company But Don't Know What It Might Cost by Obrigardo: 11:00pm On Sep 06, 2015
Demichaels:

Google has not provided any useful tips so far, hence I resorted to this forum

You can only come to nl and complain about girlfriends and little matters, but yours is reserved for matured discussions outside this platform. Go and speak to lawyers and advisers around you, you would not find them here. But the exception of those tips from laudate, others will only joke with your matter
Re: Help!!! He Wants To Sue A Company But Don't Know What It Might Cost by yanabasee(m): 11:41pm On Sep 06, 2015
Demichaels:

Buying my barrister with money? I know it's possible but I think that will not deter me. I HAVE A VERY GOOD CASE, I AM VERY SURE OF THAT. I won't disclose it here for whatever reason cos I don't know who is reading.

Please, if you really wanna help, limit yourself to my stated areas of perplexity
I can't limit myself to ur state of perplexity as you've given me nothing to contribute...
What how will I evem go about it in the first place... It's like tellin me to give u a blind advice...you'll end up getting nothing from whatever I'll advice u with.
If what u've got is really concrete... Then meet a solicitor... Somebody that's really good or use google to meet with one...that has won many civil proceedings in federal level.. He will guide you over.
Goodluck!!!
Re: Help!!! He Wants To Sue A Company But Don't Know What It Might Cost by laudate: 11:53pm On Sep 06, 2015
Demichaels:

Ehn??! "...Competently mesmerize the court.." like how? shocked shocked shocked

ROFLMAO!! cheesy grin Guy, you never start! What do you think all those grey-haired judges have in their brains?? Do you think they got to the bench by 'being mesmerised?' And they continued earning their pay, by 'being mesmerised?' Chukwu biko!! shocked
Re: Help!!! He Wants To Sue A Company But Don't Know What It Might Cost by Demichaels: 12:04am On Sep 07, 2015
laudate:

Ehn??! "...Competently mesmerize the court.." like how? shocked shocked shocked

ROFLMAO!! cheesy grin Guy, you never start! What do you think all those grey-haired judges have in their brains?? Do you think they got to the bench by 'being mesmerised?' And they continued earning their pay, by 'being mesmerised?' Chukwu biko!! shocked

I guess you have a parochial knowledge of the word mesmerize or mesmerism otherwise you wouldn't assume I meant casting spell or some sort of magical manipulation on members of the jury. Consult your dictionary for update, please. No vilification or slight intended!!!

(1) (Reply)

Hypocrisy Of APC Supporters...lynch Saraki But Spare Buhari On Mercedes Benz / I.N.E.C Official Who Aided Wikes Election Confesses / Defense Headquarters Decorates 13 Newly Promoted Senior Officers (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.