Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,179 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:22 AM

10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By (27044 Views)

Get The Skills To Live The Way You Want! / 17 Golden Rules To Remember In Life / What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By by captainobvious: 11:21pm On Sep 06, 2015
Are you having a hard time making the right impression at work? Do you need to get ahead at work? Well, I have just the right advise for you! Follow these funny, yet indisputably useful office pointers and you will soon see results.

Please note, these office rules are funny and not to be taken too seriously. Enjoy!

1. Always look irritated, impatient and annoyed

Do you want to avoid being hassled by co-workers or management? Always try to maintain an irritated or annoyed expression on your face throughout the day. Act as though you are on a deadline and cannot afford to be disturbed. This implies you are busy and in the middle of something important (even if you’re not!)

2. Walk with purpose!

Never, ever walk casually from one office or desk to the other – this just looks like you are slacking off work. You need to look purposeful so others believe you have reason to get up and move away from your desk. In reality, you could just be off to CHAT with your colleague, but if you walk there like you mean it, people will never suspect!

3. Keep your desk messy

Have you not heard that messy is the new busy? Top management can get away with a clean desk. For the rest of us, it looks like we’re not working hard enough. Therefore, stack your table high, even if you are a neat freak at home, trust me, you’ll need a messy desk at work. A messy desk simply shows you have work piled up to your eyeballs and are flooded with tasks to get through; therefore no-one will want to bother you!

4. Type on your computer whenever someone walks by

Even if you are researching something important or just staring at the screen of the PC, unless you are typing away furiously at your keyboard, it won’t look like you are actually working! Type and look engrossed in what you are doing. (Just don’t draw too much attention!)

5. Always carry one or two documents around with you

This is a renowned tactic to having that look of a hard worker. For all your colleagues know, you could be carrying around blank papers! Remember, walk briskly, with an irritated look on your face, and carry a few DOCUMENTSwith you, and you will most definitely look the part!

6. Smile at the boss, always

Irrespective of how miffed you are at the boss, always give him or her a smile and a nod of the head. This shows a level of respect (even if you are cursing them under your breath!)

7. Send emails at unearthly hours

Do you want to create the impression that you are a workaholic and that you take your job seriously? Simple! Just set your alarm at home for some insane hour, get up, email work with something (anything work related in fact), and bingo – you look like you have been up all night slaving away at work projects whilst everyone else is fast asleep in bed!

8. Never leave the office on time

You should try to leave the office at least 10 minutes after you’re ‘allowed’ to leave. This shows that you are not running out the door soon as the clock strikes 5pm!

9. Creative Sighing for Effect

Sigh loudly when there are many people around, giving the impression that you are under extreme pressure.

10. Have 2 Jackets

If you work in a big open spaced office, and you want to dash somewhere, always leave a spare jacket draped over the back of your seat. This gives the impression that you are still on the premises. The second jacket should be worn while having fun elsewhere.

https://blog.ngcareers.com/4878/10-hilarious-but-real-office-rules-to-live-by/

91 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By by HungerBAD: 11:23pm On Sep 06, 2015
Make friends and be loyal to the Office Gossip, so he or she don't start stories about you.

24 Likes

Re: 10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By by ZaraBrains(m): 11:29pm On Sep 06, 2015
I buy this!

#Modern Office Cheat!

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By by MikelEleta(m): 11:34pm On Sep 06, 2015
Awesome. Really nice tricks especially d last one were yu go out buh hang a spare suit to give d impression yu avnt gone far

6 Likes

Re: 10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By by Nobody: 11:47pm On Sep 06, 2015
Don't fall in love with a co worker in that it sucks when the relationship hit the rock.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By by captainobvious: 11:49pm On Sep 06, 2015
MikelEleta:
Awesome. Really nice tricks especially d last one were yu go out buh hang a spare suit to give d impression yu avnt gone far

hav tried that several times...it works!!!

7 Likes

Re: 10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By by Nobody: 2:05am On Sep 07, 2015
Lovely tricks..I hope i do not get sacked upon experimentation..lol..OP,i go kill u be dat o

2 Likes

Re: 10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By by Nobody: 6:40am On Sep 07, 2015
focused on the company's goal.
Need anything from Jumia? Contact me now!
Re: 10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By by Henrypraise: 7:01am On Sep 07, 2015
I like dis one o, dia is dis dude from UK in my office dat does all des n we keep catching his antics.

Nna na dis one sure pass. Acting up.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By by maryam6(f): 7:22am On Sep 07, 2015
Nice tricks, But no job yetgrin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By by kachnov(m): 7:25am On Sep 07, 2015
Very funny,that's how all these line heads will be watching Indecency on their screens and you'll think they are busy fixing the company. Nice one OP

1 Like

Re: 10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By by kachnov(m): 7:28am On Sep 07, 2015
maryam6:
Nice tricks, But no job yetgrin
We'll save it for when the job eventually shows grin ,grin

2 Likes

Re: 10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By by KillerBeauty(f): 7:33am On Sep 07, 2015
Always type on your computer

I did that all d time when I was working as a secretary. Its either i'm typing or flipping through files.

1 Like

Re: 10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By by Nobody: 7:58am On Sep 07, 2015
chisos shocked shocked
Re: 10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By by jashar(f): 8:01am On Sep 07, 2015
nice tricks. Hope it doesn't get one fired. grin
Re: 10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By by Nobody: 8:03am On Sep 07, 2015
If you are gonna do any of this tricks the least you can do is to ensure you do not get caught in the act.
That was how I intentionally stayed late at the office one day, staring and drooling at fresh _nude pictures of Maheeda's boobs oblivious of the fact the MD had quietly entered my office and was directly at my back. shocked

You guys do not want to know what happened after that. lipsrsealed

Friedplantain

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By by Djbaka(m): 8:18am On Sep 07, 2015
FriedPlantain:
If you are gonna do any of this tricks the least you can do is to ensure you do not get caught in the act.
That was how I intentionally stayed late at the office one day at staring and drooling at fresh _nude pictures of Maheeda's boobs oblivious of the fact the MD had quietly entered my office and was directly at my back. shocked

You guys do not want to know what happened after that. lipsrsealed

Friedplantain

NA LIE!! undecided

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By by davit: 8:22am On Sep 07, 2015
OP is damn correct. These are the stuffs that most managers need.
Re: 10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By by chymystique(f): 8:35am On Sep 07, 2015
lol.. I wont advise anyone to try these so called tricks.. Can remember a former colleague of mine who used to do all mose of these above and was still not efficient in his job task and he kept receiving query from our two bosses and was almost given a sack notice. Be yourself and do your job

12 Likes

Re: 10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By by RomanyChi(f): 8:36am On Sep 07, 2015
I will print it out to myself grin grin
Re: 10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By by Swissheart(f): 8:38am On Sep 07, 2015
Point 10 never fails.....
Re: 10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By by Abudu2000(m): 9:25am On Sep 07, 2015
hmm,na was for this kind op oo, any body working with you in your office and refuses to play by your politics is officially dead in the new hate office(@ op)
nice one though
Re: 10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By by Dottore: 9:25am On Sep 07, 2015
Haba
Re: 10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By by lekjons(m): 9:25am On Sep 07, 2015
a
Re: 10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By by Nobody: 9:26am On Sep 07, 2015
Agreed,u tried to b funny.
In fact, to some people it funny.

buh I'm seriously not laughing to this. not because there's no sense of humour in it. but because THIS SHIT SHOULDN'T MAKE FP.

these er some of d reasons some lil kid can just jump in here, and start saying trash!

CONCLUSION : ADMIN OF THIS SITE SHOULD GROW UP.
OP GROW UP ALSO

1 Like

Re: 10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By by timilehing(m): 9:26am On Sep 07, 2015
It's just me & only me in my office. I don't need such rules.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By by Milly02(m): 9:26am On Sep 07, 2015
nyc tricks
Re: 10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By by jtjohn(m): 9:27am On Sep 07, 2015
all dis guys commenting what kind of network do u use?........
Re: 10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By by kunlesehan(m): 9:27am On Sep 07, 2015
Smart!
I like that bit about smiling at the boss.
That seems the hardest though.
Lol
Re: 10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By by Tuljaking(m): 9:28am On Sep 07, 2015
wao
HAVING LOW CAPITAL INTERESTED IN PHONE IMPORTING LET ME ASSIST YOU WHILE YOU PROMOTE ME WHATSAPP 08072147243
Re: 10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By by misspicy(f): 9:28am On Sep 07, 2015
Nice points but that number one is rather too harsh.....we dont wanna come as an always angry person,not good for office personality besides some people like me have naturally smiling face.grin

2 Likes

Re: 10 Hilarious But Real Office Rules To Live By by NinaArsenal(f): 9:29am On Sep 07, 2015
Lol

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What I Have Learnt As A Woman In Real Estate / I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology / BREAKING: Festus Keyamo, 29 Others Approved As SAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.