Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,171 members, 7,856,710 topics. Date: Tuesday, 11 June 2024 at 05:10 AM

$150,000 Savings:buhari May Be Least Corrupt President In Africa–washington Post - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $150,000 Savings:buhari May Be Least Corrupt President In Africa–washington Post (685 Views)

EFCC Arrests Justice Ajumogobia's Brother Who Wired $150,000 Into Her Account / Nigeria’s Leader May Be The Least Corrupt In Africa- Washington Post / Presidential Corruption Index Rating - Who Is The Most Corrupt President In Nig. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

$150,000 Savings:buhari May Be Least Corrupt President In Africa–washington Post by HungerBAD: 4:12am On Sep 07, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari’s asset declaration, which put his worth at N30 million (about $150,000), indicates that may be the least corrupt president in Africa, Washington Post reports.

Comparing Buhari to other African leaders, the American daily newspaper said, “By the standards of sub-Saharan African leaders, Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari is dirt-poor.”

According to a statement released by Buhari’s government, he has $150, 000 in his savings account. He owns five homes and two mud houses, an orchard and ranch with 270 heads of cattle, 25 sheep, five horses and a variety of birds. He bought two cars from his savings.

“President Buhari had no foreign account, no factory and no enterprises. He also had no registered company and no oil wells,” read the statement released by the spokesman, Garba Shehu, describing the president as living a “Spartan” life.

The US newspaper said that the question on many minds is this: Is Buhari, Nigeria’s former military ruler and ex-head of the oil ministry, telling the truth? Corruption, after all, is a major problem in Africa’s largest economy.

The most widely circulated newspaper in the US said, “Buhari himself has publicly said that more than $ 150 billion is missing from the government’s coffers.”

“Still, the public declaration appears to be an attempt to show some much-needed transparency. Buhari was elected in March largely by promising that he wouldn’t tolerate corruption.

“What’s clear is that Buhari has done what his predecessors and most other African leaders had never done,” the American daily reported.

http://leadership.ng/news/459061/150000-savings-buhari-may-be-least-corrupt-president-in-africa-washington-post

1 Like

Re: $150,000 Savings:buhari May Be Least Corrupt President In Africa–washington Post by Tbillz(m): 4:13am On Sep 07, 2015
Finally stealing can be seen ad corruption, 16years rulers can now be an opposition, Our president can now be seen as least corrupt rather than been published as one of the richest president and erased the next day, we can now discuss corruption, asset declaration is now trending, military are no longer complaining of inadequate weapons, BH are willing to negotiate, some ex officials are residents of international hospitals.. .. .. .. The fear of the new sheriff in town seems to be the beginning of wisdom.

1 Like

Re: $150,000 Savings:buhari May Be Least Corrupt President In Africa–washington Post by Firefire(m): 4:16am On Sep 07, 2015
DECEIT 101

1 Like 1 Share

Re: $150,000 Savings:buhari May Be Least Corrupt President In Africa–washington Post by HungerBAD: 4:16am On Sep 07, 2015
Firefire:
DECEIT 101

Bad Belle 102

3 Likes

Re: $150,000 Savings:buhari May Be Least Corrupt President In Africa–washington Post by Firefire(m): 4:19am On Sep 07, 2015
HungerBAD:

Bad Belle 102

Brainwashed thug 201

(I will update the list of Nairaland APC thugs with your name... Congratulation, you made it.)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: $150,000 Savings:buhari May Be Least Corrupt President In Africa–washington Post by biafranqueen: 4:27am On Sep 07, 2015
Some people are still afraid to admit that APC fool them. Nothing is wrong to admit they wanted to believe in the CHANGE mantra. Stand up and be brave and admit you were fooled and move on. It shows good character and bravery. If you continue to remain in the 95% and don't repent from your lying liars mentality your children will never forgive your mumuism.
Re: $150,000 Savings:buhari May Be Least Corrupt President In Africa–washington Post by HungerBAD: 4:29am On Sep 07, 2015
Firefire:

Brainwashed thug 201

(I will update the list of Nairaland APC thugs with your name... Congrats, you made it.)

Even if the truth is put in your bank accounts, in the form of cash, you guys will still not believe the truth.

Sad.

I have repeatedly asked myself, which normal person (s) kicks against positive changes? But anytime I come online here I see a lot Like that.

Firefire what will it take for the scales to fall off your eyes?what will it take for you to be a believer?

2 Likes

Re: $150,000 Savings:buhari May Be Least Corrupt President In Africa–washington Post by kliq(m): 4:34am On Sep 07, 2015
Stealing is now Corruption

God bless our President
Re: $150,000 Savings:buhari May Be Least Corrupt President In Africa–washington Post by Firefire(m): 4:36am On Sep 07, 2015
HungerBAD:

Even if the truth is put in your bank accounts, in the form of cash, you guys will still not believe the truth.

Sad.

I have repeatedly asked myself, which normal person (s) kicks against positive changes? But anytime I come online here I see a lot Like that.

Firefire what will it take for the scales to fall off your eyes?what will it take for you to be a believer?

We can discuss this outside here in other not to derail the thread.

However, whatever it will take you to admit ACN turned APC starting from Lagos are fraud who claimed to be holy, then you can understand.

I have this for APC...

"How can you think of saying, 'Friend, let me help you get rid of that speck in your eye,' when you can't see past the log in your own eye? Hypocrite! First get rid of the log in your own eye; then you will see well enough to deal with the speck in your friend's eye" NLT.
Re: $150,000 Savings:buhari May Be Least Corrupt President In Africa–washington Post by odinese(m): 6:16am On Sep 07, 2015
I love Buhari, but he is becoming too overrated... Let this sick Western media's end this crap coz it ain't funny anymore...
Re: $150,000 Savings:buhari May Be Least Corrupt President In Africa–washington Post by masquellett(m): 6:29am On Sep 07, 2015
End time savings

(1) (Reply)

Nairalander Asset Declaration / No Going Back On Demolition, El- Rufai Vows / Back To Work,after 3 Month Strike – UCTH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.