Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,892 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:44 PM

5 Reasons Why Messi Is Better Than Ronaldo - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 5 Reasons Why Messi Is Better Than Ronaldo (1785 Views)

"Lionel Messi Is My Idol" - Paul Pogba / Why Messi Shall Not Play In Argentina's Game Against Nigeria In Russia / Opinion: Why Messi Is Still Better Than Ronaldo (screen Shots) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why Messi Is Better Than Ronaldo by mystical109(m): 11:04am On Sep 07, 2015
Disregarding FIFA, Messi is the best player on planet Earth(and probably Mars too).I just thought I would write this so that maybe, JUST MAY BE. Florentino Perez reads this and decides to swap Ronaldo for Messi with additional £100million (which seems immensely unlikely though).
There are many reasons why Messi is a better player and I say it again, PLAYER, not PERSONALITY than Ronaldo. Ronaldo is way better than Messi off the court but right now Real Madrid are in need of some serious silverware, Copa Del
Rays will not do the job and in my opinion, neither will champions league, we need la liga crown.
Real Madrid needs the League crown
to reclaim it’s status in spain. Ok, so here we go.
1. Messi is by far a better thinker than Ronaldo on the field. The plays he makes at Barcelona are (as rightly said by Theirry Henry) unreal for a 21 year old. He knows how to unlock any defence with slick and fast passing (assuming that on the day, he can’t do it all by himself)and most of all, he anticipates where the defenders are and what are they going to do next. Ronaldo just comes onto the field and starts shooting the heck out of the ball. He wants to dribble defenders the way the coach told him too. I mean, that is by no means a bad thing but in matches like this year’s Champions League semi final or any tight game in the league where the coach’s tactics are not working, sometimes you have to think on your own like Zidane did and that is why he was able to split 10 men defenses in mere seconds.
2. Messi is simply better than Ronaldo
technically.Messi dribbles instinctively unlike Ronaldo, who always tries different moves which he learns while training. Messi is always watching the defender, waiting patiently for any mistake, lapse in
concentration or slight off balance. One
mistake and boom, Messi skips past in a
flash. This I think is the sole reason why Messi is able to perform where C.Ronaldo fails ie against the big sides with good defenders(just ask Ronaldo why he havnt been able to score a hat-trick against big teams the way he does to Granada and Elche)but Messi has scored hat-trick against every big team he has played against except chelsea.World Class defenders are not fooled easily with fancy step overs and the like, they like to play hard and if one is playing like Ronaldo,they just go in and tackle the crap out of that player whereas in case of Messi, Messi’s feet are so quick that he is able to change his direction as soon as he sees the defender coming in with a challenge and he is able to pull it off, more frequently than any other player of the planet(you can ask BOATENG). In a nutshell, Ronaldo is a little bit predictable with his style of play whereas Messi adapts more easily and more quickly.
3. Messi is short but still manages to tough it out when he needs to and I have watched both players since the last 4 years and Ronaldo dives like about, 5 times more than Messi. Just look at the goal Messi scored against Getafe and bilbao (the Maradonna goal) in Copa Del Ray Semi Final in the season 2006-2007 and against athletic bilbao in last season's copa del rey final I bet Ronaldo would have dived like thrice had he been subjected to the pushing and tackling that Messi was subjected to while he was on that magical surge towards the Getafe and bilbao goal.
4. Messi does not need his teammates to beat players and to perform at his best whereas Ronaldo does. Look at the goals both players scored last season (2014-2015). Most, if not all, of Ronaldo’s goal are team goals. Like,when modric sets him up or marcelo makes a run along the flank and takes a defender with him. Space opens up for Ronaldo and he then takes advantage. Not an easy thing to do but compared with Messi’s, it is. Messi just takes the ball and beats players and then sets up his teammates or mostly, scores himself. He does not need space (though obviously,would be more destructive in that situation)to be efficient on the field. Ronaldo was dead in the Semi Final against Barcelona in 2007-2008 and in the return leg against atletico madrid last season when he was playing all on his own upfront.Juventus also did a great job on him in this years semi final, you cannot do that against Messi. His quick feet and acceleration in changing direction is too much and hence makes him, UNMARKABLE. The best example where my point is prooved like a hundred
times is when Ronaldo is playing for his
national team. He was a complete zilt in the Euro’s and has never really performed for Portugal in any tournaments. Sure he always has done his tricks and flicks, but that does not neccessarily means, PERFORMANCE.
5. Messi can and infact, has scored goals with the mere touch of his hands (lolz on that).Yeah, as silly as that sounds, that is a big advantage. To sum it up, Messi can inspire his teammates better than Ronaldo and Messi obviously has a better touch than Ronaldo, plus Messi knows his angles better than everyone else and that is why he can and does, use every inch of the football field.

Seun
Lalasticala
Ishilove

2 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Why Messi Is Better Than Ronaldo by Nobody: 11:15am On Sep 07, 2015
tru dat!.no argement
no.4 said it all.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Messi Is Better Than Ronaldo by asumo12: 12:26pm On Sep 07, 2015
undecided
mystical109:
Disregarding FIFA, Messi is the best player on planet Earth(and probably Mars too).I just thought I would write this so that maybe, JUST MAY BE. Florentino Perez reads this and decides to swap Ronaldo for Messi with additional £100million (which seems immensely unlikely though).
There are many reasons why Messi is a better player and I say it again, PLAYER, not PERSONALITY than Ronaldo. Ronaldo is way better than Messi off the court but right now Real Madrid are in need of some serious silverware, Copa Del
Rays will not do the job and in my opinion, neither will champions league, we need la liga crown.
Real Madrid needs the League crown
to reclaim it’s status in spain. Ok, so here we go.
1. Messi is by far a better thinker than Ronaldo on the field. The plays he makes at Barcelona are (as rightly said by Theirry Henry) unreal for a 21 year old. He knows how to unlock any defence with slick and fast passing (assuming that on the day, he can’t do it all by himself)and most of all, he anticipates where the defenders are and what are they going to do next. Ronaldo just comes onto the field and starts shooting the heck out of the ball. He wants to dribble defenders the way the coach told him too. I mean, that is by no means a bad thing but in matches like this year’s Champions League semi final or any tight game in the league where the coach’s tactics are not working, sometimes you have to think on your own like Zidane did and that is why he was able to split 10 men defenses in mere seconds.
2. Messi is simply better than Ronaldo
technically.Messi dribbles instinctively unlike Ronaldo, who always tries different moves which he learns while training. Messi is always watching the defender, waiting patiently for any mistake, lapse in
concentration or slight off balance. One
mistake and boom, Messi skips past in a
flash. This I think is the sole reason why Messi is able to perform where C.Ronaldo fails ie against the big sides with good defenders(just ask Ronaldo why he havnt been able to score a hat-trick against big teams the way he does to Granada and Elche)but Messi has scored hat-trick against every big team he has played against except chelsea.World Class defenders are not fooled easily with fancy step overs and the like, they like to play hard and if one is playing like Ronaldo,they just go in and tackle the crap out of that player whereas in case of Messi, Messi’s feet are so quick that he is able to change his direction as soon as he sees the defender coming in with a challenge and he is able to pull it off, more frequently than any other player of the planet(you can ask BOATENG). In a nutshell, Ronaldo is a little bit predictable with his style of play whereas Messi adapts more easily and more quickly.
3. Messi is short but still manages to tough it out when he needs to and I have watched both players since the last 4 years and Ronaldo dives like about, 5 times more than Messi. Just look at the goal Messi scored against Getafe and bilbao (the Maradonna goal) in Copa Del Ray Semi Final in the season 2006-2007 and against athletic bilbao in last season's copa del rey final I bet Ronaldo would have dived like thrice had he been subjected to the pushing and tackling that Messi was subjected to while he was on that magical surge towards the Getafe and bilbao goal.
4. Messi does not need his teammates to beat players and to perform at his best whereas Ronaldo does. Look at the goals both players scored last season (2014-2015). Most, if not all, of Ronaldo’s goal are team goals. Like,when modric sets him up or marcelo makes a run along the flank and takes a defender with him. Space opens up for Ronaldo and he then takes advantage. Not an easy thing to do but compared with Messi’s, it is. Messi just takes the ball and beats players and then sets up his teammates or mostly, scores himself. He does not need space (though obviously,would be more destructive in that situation)to be efficient on the field. Ronaldo was dead in the Semi Final against Barcelona in 2007-2008 and in the return leg against atletico madrid last season when he was playing all on his own upfront.Juventus also did a great job on him in this years semi final, you cannot do that against Messi. His quick feet and acceleration in changing direction is too much and hence makes him, UNMARKABLE. The best example where my point is prooved like a hundred
times is when Ronaldo is playing for his
national team. He was a complete zilt in the Euro’s and has never really performed for Portugal in any tournaments. Sure he always has done his tricks and flicks, but that does not neccessarily means, PERFORMANCE.
5. Messi can and infact, has scored goals with the mere touch of his hands (lolz on that).Yeah, as silly as that sounds, that is a big advantage. To sum it up, Messi can inspire his teammates better than Ronaldo and Messi obviously has a better touch than Ronaldo, plus Messi knows his angles better than everyone else and that is why he can and does, use every inch of the football field.

Seun
Lalasticala
Ishilove

(1) (Reply)

Iheanacho Or Rashford, Who Is Better? / PSG Have Sold Blaise Matuidi To Juventus…and Everybody Is Trolling Chelsea / Wayne Rooney Banned For Two Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.