Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,737 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

Advice Upgrading To Windows 10 - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Advice Upgrading To Windows 10 (916 Views)

Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July / Help!!! My Simple Server Refuses To Work After Upgrading To Windows 10 / A Step-by-step Guide To Upgrading To Windows 10 Without Waiting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Upgrading To Windows 10 by KazukiIto(m): 11:10am On Sep 07, 2015
Hello guys (gals)! How is the day going?

Okay I'm using an Acer Aspire laptop that came pre-installed with Windows 8. So this on-and-on rave about Windows 10 is giving me some itch. I want to try it (for trying sake!). So my problem:

1. If there is any feature I enjoy currently, it is the ability to restore my machine to Factory Settings when it starts behaving funky. How can I keep this feature should I choose to upgrade to windows 10.
2. How can I keep the features added by Acer (Acer Power Button, Acer Live Updater, Acer Fast-lane and 'em likes) if I upgrade.
3. How will I solve the drivers issues that will certainly come up when I make this upgrade...

Please any suggestion will be highly appreciated. Thanks once again....
Re: Advice Upgrading To Windows 10 by Lexusgs430: 4:14pm On Sep 07, 2015
KazukiIto:
Hello guys (gals)! How is the day going?

Okay I'm using an Acer Aspire laptop that came pre-installed with Windows 8. So this on-and-on rave about Windows 10 is giving me some itch. I want to try it (for trying sake!). So my problem:

1. If there is any feature I enjoy currently, it is the ability to restore my machine to Factory Settings when it starts behaving funky. How can I keep this feature should I choose to upgrade to windows 10.
2. How can I keep the features added by Acer (Acer Power Button, Acer Live Updater, Acer Fast-lane and 'em likes) if I upgrade.
3. How will I solve the drivers issues that will certainly come up when I make this upgrade...

Please any suggestion will be highly appreciated. Thanks once again....

The beauty about Windows 10, if you upgrade and don't like it or have compatibility issues. Simply roll back to your old operating system(you have a 28 day grace ).
Re: Advice Upgrading To Windows 10 by KazukiIto(m): 5:31pm On Sep 07, 2015
Lexusgs430:

The beauty about Windows 10, if you upgrade and don't like it or have compatibility issues. Simply roll back to your old operating system(you have a 28 day grace ).

I see, thanks for the heads-up
Re: Advice Upgrading To Windows 10 by Lexusgs430: 5:35pm On Sep 07, 2015
KazukiIto:

I see, thanks for the heads-up

I bet you would stick to Windows 10. It's the love child of two pretty couples!!!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Lenovo Partners With Razer To Tackle Gaming PC Segment / Which Laptop Is The Best / Nil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.