Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

My Funny Experience Learning How To Drive In Lagos - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Funny Experience Learning How To Drive In Lagos (31764 Views)

10 Most Dangerous Place To Drive In The World, Lagos Makes The List / 12 Phrases You Wil NEVER Get Unless You Learnt How To Drive In Nigeria. / 8 Category Of Cars Old Men Drive In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Funny Experience Learning How To Drive In Lagos by eherbal(m): 7:38am On Sep 08, 2015
@Naijasinglegurl ,I relate to your dilemma. I've been driving for 20 Years Now, and I don't just seem comfortable with a truck or a 22 wheeler tailing me ,especially during long distance travelling . I usually move to the side of the road or I stop all together. No pride in being competitive with those bullies. It's called defensive driving .be good. BTW, how's your driving now? smiley
Re: My Funny Experience Learning How To Drive In Lagos by Nobody: 7:50am On Sep 08, 2015
CLeAtHead:
This ret@rded Bit©h with her tall tales again. She's definitely sucking lalastico's D!ck for her topics to be jamming FP undecided

there will always be haters undecided

1 Like

Re: My Funny Experience Learning How To Drive In Lagos by seanjy4konji: 8:15am On Sep 08, 2015
Rubbish...always cooking up some dull head stories.
Re: My Funny Experience Learning How To Drive In Lagos by Aldavin80(m): 8:32am On Sep 08, 2015
I was in a barber's shop waiting to be attended to when I started reading the funny experience, I was laughing seriously all the guys started giving me looks...didn't mind them though. You made my day. Don't mind the haters, they start popping up when you doing something good.

3 Likes

Re: My Funny Experience Learning How To Drive In Lagos by kingsboy12(m): 8:40am On Sep 08, 2015
Awesome short write-up. Keep it up
Re: My Funny Experience Learning How To Drive In Lagos by chinene1(f): 8:45am On Sep 08, 2015
Learning how to drive ehn.... after my first experience I swore off driving for 10 years. I was 16 at the time and my dad had two cars. The driver decided to teach me with one of them. We went to a public primary school one weekend like that. After showing me the basics i.e what is what and where all the what's are I started the engine, moved the gear from neutral and we were off. I swear I was feeling good with myself thinking this it! Didn't know that I had just started. He said ' Oya turn the steering' I did, we went round in circles. Oya straight your hand I did and we were going straight. Oya press brake, I did but the car was still moving. See shout press brake the car no gee stop. There was this huge tree on front of us. As we hit the tree the driver stretched his leg over mine to press the break. Apparently I had been pressing the clutch. Thank God i was 16. The sense of shame was not so much. Took me 10 years to try again and even now I won't drive a manual car.

1 Like

Re: My Funny Experience Learning How To Drive In Lagos by Naijasinglegirl: 8:50am On Sep 08, 2015
eherbal:
@Naijasinglegurl ,I relate to your dilemma. I've been driving for 20 Years Now, and I don't just seem comfortable with a truck or a 22 wheeler tailing me ,especially during long distance travelling . I usually move to the side of the road or I stop all together. No pride in being competitive with those bullies. It's called defensive driving .be good. BTW, how's your driving now? smiley
Only if the roads are not busy.
Re: My Funny Experience Learning How To Drive In Lagos by tonychristopher: 8:56am On Sep 08, 2015
funny enough i started driving at the age of 17 and nobody ever taught me how to drive till date...learnt it from daddy...when he was taking us to school and I always watch him drive his car..as i grew older I watch people drive and the way they changed their gears....that was how i learnt ...then the finest point was when I watched the first fast and furious movie...that had ludacris and co and it tought me how to change my gears

but that doesnt make me a perfect driver cos the first time I bought my car... burnt clutch the first 4 months...oh Lagos traffic is killing especially FESTAC area...driving manual is fun...you rarely use both legs apart from tapping on the clutch when you want to change.

i own a manual and an auto...i enjoy driving my manual, the changing of gear to the 5th gear is like making love to a shapely woman and coming together...oh I love my car...the sound of engine when you rev in the 5th gear is so heavenly ...when you want to overtake in 3rd mainland bridge .....just when you feel the car aint pushing faster and your reving harder....just bring it back to 4 then gear 3 then push it back to 5 ..all these within a 60 sec window....oh draving manual is an art...the only snag is my manual is a japanesse ...saving for a benz or BMW manual ...that is the beast...with those german machine I can do Lagos Onitsha within 3 - 4 hours

but wify will never touch my manual...she enjoys auto

I think in Auto the car drives you and in manual you drive the car...

she will learn

2 Likes

Re: My Funny Experience Learning How To Drive In Lagos by HDoc(m): 8:58am On Sep 08, 2015
I jus love ur work.
Re: My Funny Experience Learning How To Drive In Lagos by Nobody: 10:08am On Sep 08, 2015
Naijasinglegirl:
How do you sleep at night?
why bother to respond to the spoil sport?silence is the best answer to such people.Nice write up,as always.
Re: My Funny Experience Learning How To Drive In Lagos by lamash: 10:12am On Sep 08, 2015
Lol...funny write up...
I personally always feels like mhen if I wan learn ow 2 drive car sey e no fit pass 1week..I had made mouth 4 my friends who told me 2 learn ow 2 drive b4 I buy my car..omo I said if I buy sey I go learn..I got my first car last month..lol d 1st 2weeks afta I buy am e no even comot ma ouse..I started my leave last week so I started driving school.omo I no kw sey car no easy 2 learn, manual na serious issue..my leg dey pain me with d cluth wey I dey press. .till now my steering neva gud and I dey fear like anytin..I neva fit even carry d car go major road and I don make mouth sey when I resume bk sey na me go drive d car go office..d car still dey sleep 4 ouse. I still dey climb okada about..
May God help me

1 Like

Re: My Funny Experience Learning How To Drive In Lagos by scentmarlc(m): 10:13am On Sep 08, 2015
Naijasinglegirl:

Awww...thank you very much and please, get well. *hugs*

NSG u don dey kolo small small oo grin grin grin

So d babe park for pothole and the car got stuck abiii.........I guess ur instructor later carried the car on his head grin grin

U be olodo ooo
Re: My Funny Experience Learning How To Drive In Lagos by kinglekan: 10:23am On Sep 08, 2015
Naijasinglegirl:

Awww...thank you very much and please, get well. *hugs*

U should be flogged grin grin grin

Re: My Funny Experience Learning How To Drive In Lagos by Swissheart(f): 10:25am On Sep 08, 2015
Laffing.......funny instructor .....nyc piece
Re: My Funny Experience Learning How To Drive In Lagos by donbabade: 10:36am On Sep 08, 2015
Fvck u Robot!
ladyF:
Lwkm @ *“Tipper oh! Tipper is coming!” I screamed.* I'm usually scared of them too. Sometimes I start praying sef cry grin

It's [size=20pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin
Re: My Funny Experience Learning How To Drive In Lagos by calculator123(m): 11:28am On Sep 08, 2015
admax:
lol....funny story.

In Summary: May Hay While The Sun Shines!
am sure u meant make[b]
admax:
lol....funny story.

am sure u meant make[/b]
admax:
lol....funny story.

am sure u meant make
Re: My Funny Experience Learning How To Drive In Lagos by activelyA(f): 12:58pm On Sep 08, 2015
admax:
lol....funny story.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I don't know which is more funny...the story or your comment grin grin grin
Re: My Funny Experience Learning How To Drive In Lagos by Nobody: 1:28pm On Sep 08, 2015
shadowgwalker:
I luv u just the way u aresmiley

Feel like writing my own now
shocked... sad
Re: My Funny Experience Learning How To Drive In Lagos by hYpErbOi: 1:33pm On Sep 08, 2015
ladyF:
Lwkm @ *“Tipper oh! Tipper is coming!” I screamed.* I'm usually scared of them too. Sometimes I start praying sef cry grin

Lwkm_ u just like my mom who suddenly start speaking in tongues the first time she took a driving lesson...all cus the tanker driver won't let the horn rest (intentionally tho* cus he saw d Learner sign). Ever since then my mom refuse been teach to drive but she can drive Eko - Ibadan with her mouth.

Just couple of months ago she resumed back to start learning again but instead of focusing na xoxo abuse she go dey abuse any driver wey overtake her especially the taxis n if u shout @her lesson don end for that week b dat.

1 Like

Re: My Funny Experience Learning How To Drive In Lagos by Donblexedo(m): 1:47pm On Sep 08, 2015
exhibition:
story story

Need anything from Jumia?
Contact me now!
Why should I contact you whn I've got internet and a laptop? I can order goods my sef! Go get a job bro
Re: My Funny Experience Learning How To Drive In Lagos by Nobody: 1:51pm On Sep 08, 2015
she jst made an enemy by blaming d girl
Re: My Funny Experience Learning How To Drive In Lagos by Donblexedo(m): 1:55pm On Sep 08, 2015
I passed out july 2nd got a job interview d follown week in a prestigious company..passed d interview, asked to com wit my driver's license d ff day.I no sabi drive na so I lost d job! Been home since
Re: My Funny Experience Learning How To Drive In Lagos by kushsy: 2:07pm On Sep 08, 2015
I just lost my boss in a few hours ago and was in a bad mood but your write did the magic..is this true or a fiction..i love the story..my sister once left her car on the high way when she was learning too, hold up,trucks and thrillers..she just climb out n left the car there..it wasn't funny.
Re: My Funny Experience Learning How To Drive In Lagos by kushsy: 2:08pm On Sep 08, 2015
Donblexedo:
I passed out july 2nd got a job interview d follown week in a prestigious company..passed d interview, asked to com wit my driver's license d ff day.I no sabi drive na so I lost d job! Been home since
. You don de learn sha
Re: My Funny Experience Learning How To Drive In Lagos by ndigbo: 5:47pm On Sep 08, 2015
I feel for you my broda, please take heart!
Re: My Funny Experience Learning How To Drive In Lagos by williams20(m): 6:47pm On Sep 08, 2015
lamash:
Lol...funny write up...
I personally always feels like mhen if I wan learn ow 2 drive car sey e no fit pass 1week..I had made mouth 4 my friends who told me 2 learn ow 2 drive b4 I buy my car..omo I said if I buy sey I go learn..I got my first car last month..lol d 1st 2weeks afta I buy am e no even comot ma ouse..I started my leave last week so I started driving school.omo I no kw sey car no easy 2 learn, manual na serious issue..my leg dey pain me with d cluth wey I dey press. .till now my steering neva gud and I dey fear like anytin..I neva fit even carry d car go major road and I don make mouth sey when I resume bk sey na me go drive d car go office..d car still dey sleep 4 ouse. I still dey climb okada about..
May God help me

Funny but true , had the same experience , I've been learning to drive manual cars for about 14 months now and yet no luck , bought my own car yet no luck with it anyway I've given up already on manual cars , going auto
Re: My Funny Experience Learning How To Drive In Lagos by lamash: 8:39pm On Sep 08, 2015
williams20:

Funny but true , had the same experience , I've been learning to drive manual cars for about 14 months now and yet no luck , bought my own car yet no luck with it anyway I've given up already on manual cars , going auto

Mine is actually an auto car but pple sey if u wan learn car for driving skul make u use auto...na y
Re: My Funny Experience Learning How To Drive In Lagos by Daniel2802(m): 9:04pm On Sep 08, 2015
Well let me relate my experience. Am 15yes and I can drive well. I learnt when I was twelve years, we went to the village during Christmas. I and my sister went to visit our cousins , their dad owns an Audi manual car so me and my sister convinced their dad to let one of my cousins teach us how to drive. We went to our village field and my senior was taught first before me. I can still remember pressing d clutch with my left leg, shifting the gear from neutral to gear one and pressing d throttle with my right leg while lifting my leg slowly too. After that day I told my dad to let me drive his car but he refused. Then last year when we went to the village for a burial , me and my dad went to buy some drinks with his car not very far from the burial field. To my surprise my dad told me To come and drive, I was confused on how to change the gear because his car is uses an automatic transmission system. He told me to press down the brake and move the gear up or down. I started the car and slowly moved it. From that day I have been driving regularly , I have corrected my mistakes and I have improved greatly. I have only scratched my dad's car twice , first was at he village when I was turning I scratched the bumper on our house wall , the other was when I was driving in Port Harcourt. I was scratched by an impatient keke driver.

Don't let people stop you from doing what you are capable of doing.

1 Like

Re: My Funny Experience Learning How To Drive In Lagos by dopetotz(m): 11:20pm On Sep 08, 2015
Check out how i made$200 in less than three hours just by clicking... No hassles. Its real http:///XjaOqQljUD
Re: My Funny Experience Learning How To Drive In Lagos by histemple: 3:41am On Sep 09, 2015
Your instructor's command of English language is legendary.
Re: My Funny Experience Learning How To Drive In Lagos by Nobody: 8:25am On Sep 10, 2015
This NSG, you will not kill me with tears and laughter! I always keep tabs on your articles. Well done.

Naijasinglegirl:

http://naijasinglegirl.com/learning-how-to-drive-in-lagos-my-experience/
Re: My Funny Experience Learning How To Drive In Lagos by billyG(m): 1:40am On Sep 13, 2015
I think u shld join chinamanda aichie to wrote novels grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Honda Accord (evil Spirit) VS Toyota Avalon / Would You Buy This 1958 Porsche 550A Spyder For N1.9billion? (photos) / Germany's First-Ever Driverless Bus Hits The Roads In Bavaria-Pics/Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.