Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,892 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:25 PM

Nigerian Sites Now Redirects To .ng - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Nigerian Sites Now Redirects To .ng (10528 Views)

HELP: My WP Posts Redirects To A Page / Wordpress 301 Redirects To Maintain SEO & Inbound Links / Why Do Nigerians Prefer .com To .ng Domains? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Sites Now Redirects To .ng by Nobody: 12:34pm On Sep 07, 2015
Ok
Re: Nigerian Sites Now Redirects To .ng by peterovanski(m): 12:34pm On Sep 07, 2015
All you land bookers SMH anyway I have land for sale ooo
Re: Nigerian Sites Now Redirects To .ng by DJMCOTTY(m): 12:38pm On Sep 07, 2015
chuzzyofficial:
I Started to observe this on 1st September, 2015. Has anyone else observed this? Yet to know the reason for the new innovation! I am on a custom domain tho. users, was there an official mail or information to this respect?

english.
Re: Nigerian Sites Now Redirects To .ng by osile2012: 12:40pm On Sep 07, 2015
I guess this is to make it easy for FG to probe bloggers who use their blogs to peddle lies online. I hope you all know that FG now knows where you operate from grin grin grin grin Let the blog probe begin grin grin grin Feel the Body Language grin grin grin

Re: Nigerian Sites Now Redirects To .ng by chuzzyofficial(m): 12:42pm On Sep 07, 2015
Bigdreams:
What impact does this have on blogs then?

Check my signature.

Some complained that they do not see ads display on their desktop anymore but i think there is solution to that already
Re: Nigerian Sites Now Redirects To .ng by godoluwa(m): 12:47pm On Sep 07, 2015
snowDiva:
make i book space sharply
Re: Nigerian Sites Now Redirects To .ng by wolexanda(m): 1:19pm On Sep 07, 2015
it is not actually a good news, i think is as a result of what former president Jonathan plans and policy to clam on all social media activist and blogers is what the present gov is tryiy to enforce. i heard the news that ncc and icpc are working together to be bursting into people acct. [color=#000099][/color]
Re: Nigerian Sites Now Redirects To .ng by JideTheBlogger(m): 1:19pm On Sep 07, 2015
Chuzzyofficial

Bloggers can stop the redirection. Tutorial on www.ogbongeblog.com
Re: Nigerian Sites Now Redirects To .ng by Generalkorex(m): 1:25pm On Sep 07, 2015
same as indian now redirect to .in
Re: Nigerian Sites Now Redirects To .ng by callydon(m): 1:31pm On Sep 07, 2015
Noticed it too on my blog: www.oddytech..com the thing is now adding a ".ng" at d end of d site url. U can check it urself.
Re: Nigerian Sites Now Redirects To .ng by martin4luv2002(m): 1:51pm On Sep 07, 2015
[quote author=chuzzyofficial post=37760175]I Started to observe this on 1st September, 2015. Has anyone else observed this? Yet to know the reason for the new innovation! I am on a custom domain tho. users, was there an official mail or information to thi

On eradicating corruptrion through mass awereness visit us on www.martinexupdates@.com.ng
Re: Nigerian Sites Now Redirects To .ng by Nobody: 2:15pm On Sep 07, 2015
Visit starttells.com for amazing collections of creative stories making waves on facebook.
Re: Nigerian Sites Now Redirects To .ng by pacespot(m): 2:22pm On Sep 07, 2015
Google has been doing rubbish on their lately. They recently placed a Cookies Policy's Notice on any blog hosted on Blogger, now this. I noticed this .ng too five days ago.

I think google just trying to prove to those blogging with their platform that they don't own their blogs. Now that people can customize their 's blogs any way they like that visitors won't even know where the blogs are hosted. Google is trying to limit that customization by appending its signature on their blogs.

I'm changing to WordPress soon, when I fully get down with blogging
Re: Nigerian Sites Now Redirects To .ng by Nobody: 2:23pm On Sep 07, 2015
It means you are branded as a Nigerian on the internet_ sometimes it can be good and sometimes it can be bad depending on your online business model.
Re: Nigerian Sites Now Redirects To .ng by Nobody: 2:28pm On Sep 07, 2015
Am seeing .in here tho, not .ng
Re: Nigerian Sites Now Redirects To .ng by pacespot(m): 2:33pm On Sep 07, 2015
JideTheBlogger:
Chuzzyofficial

Bloggers can stop the redirection. Tutorial on www.ogbongeblog.com

I see you have an incredible blog hosted on blogger. But how do you stop that Cookies Policies' Notice from showing on your blog
Re: Nigerian Sites Now Redirects To .ng by chukwukamma(m): 2:45pm On Sep 07, 2015
I have not taken notice of this until now, i checked and confirmed from my blog http://nelsonnwegbo..com.ng/
Re: Nigerian Sites Now Redirects To .ng by bummyla(m): 3:41pm On Sep 07, 2015
what is it consequences? http://www.bummyla.com
Re: Nigerian Sites Now Redirects To .ng by adamushaibu(m): 6:18pm On Sep 07, 2015
slimmyjimmy:
Your blog ! Your wahala ! Your business ! Your money !.

Oga na true talk oh! Many years ago I infer until I start business
Re: Nigerian Sites Now Redirects To .ng by elyte(m): 6:23pm On Sep 07, 2015
yes i saw it...it has happened...my blog... www.forexsnipper..com now has a .ng extension

dont know the reason though and there wasnt any update mail
Re: Nigerian Sites Now Redirects To .ng by oladeledave: 7:32pm On Sep 07, 2015
bad news. bad market
Re: Nigerian Sites Now Redirects To .ng by chichriso: 4:59am On Sep 08, 2015
I never take notice

. .

. .
* ChiCHRiso Said ::::CLICK MY SIGNATURES
Re: Nigerian Sites Now Redirects To .ng by Adulphus(m): 12:06am On Oct 09, 2015
If you're experiencing this problem on your blog, sign in to your blog, go to "Template" > "Edit HTML" Next, copy-paste the following code into the template after the <head> tag.

<script type="text/javascript">

// Written by ADOLPHUS IJEOMA OKOGI

/* Get the full URL of the current blogger page */
var blog = document.location.href.toLowerCase();

/* Do not redirect if the domain is .com already */
if (!blog.match(/\.\.com/)) {

/* Replace the country TLD with .com and ncr switch */
blog = blog.replace(/\.\..*?\//, "..com/ncr/"wink;

/* Redirect to the new .com URL in the current tab */
window.location.replace(blog);
}

// Source: http://www.blazinginfo.com/2015/10/how-to-stop-country-redirect-on-blogger.html

</script>

Click the Save Template button and now your Blogger Blog will always serve with the .com URL.

The JavaScript snippet gets the URL of the current Blogger page and if it isn’t served from the .com domain, the code replaces the country specific TLD (like .co.au or .pk) with the .com URL. It also adds the /ncr switch to force-redirect the visitor to the .com address.

If You like to follow me click on my blog down at the Signature. Remain Blessed.
Re: Nigerian Sites Now Redirects To .ng by Adulphus(m): 12:29am On Oct 09, 2015
ANOTHER CODE:

<script type='text/javascript'>

var blog = document.location.hostname;

var slug = document.location.pathname;

var ctld = blog.substr(blog.lastIndexOf("."wink);

if (ctld != ".com"wink {

var ncr = "http://" + blog.substr(0, blog.indexOf("."wink);

ncr += "..com/ncr" + slug;

window.location.replace(ncr);

}

</script>
Re: Nigerian Sites Now Redirects To .ng by oladeledave: 9:17pm On Oct 22, 2015

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 10 Nigerian Education Resource Websites [@2015] / My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging / Top 9 Tech Blogs In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.