Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,132 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

This Is For The Catholics.please Dont Get Annoyed. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / This Is For The Catholics.please Dont Get Annoyed. (469 Views)

Power To Forgive Sin: Is Pst Chris Agreeing With The Catholics? / This Is For The Catholics.please Dont Get Annoyed. / The Catholics Did NOT Invent Islam, It Fought The Heresy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is For The Catholics.please Dont Get Annoyed. by PRINCESSO2: 3:16pm On Sep 07, 2015
Are Catholics wrong
The Catholics bow to images. Non-Catholics if you send your child to the Catholic boarding house,they might try to influence them to bow to images,pray to Mary etc.
Matthew 4
8Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
9And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.
10Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
Here are the Catholic Ten Commandments:
1. I am the LORD your God. You shall worship the Lord your God and Him only shall you serve.
2. You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain.
3. Remember to keep holy the Sabbath day.
4. Honor your father and your mother.
5. You shall not kill.
6. You shall not commit adultery.
7. You shall not steal.
8. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
9. You shall not covet your neighbor's wife.
10. You shall not covet your neighbor's goods.
THEY HAVE REMOVED THE SECOND COMMANDMENT
AND PUT COVET FOR BOTH NINE AND TEN COMMANDEMENT
THEY DID NOT PUT THIS PART Exodus 20:4
3"You shall have no other gods before Me.4"You shall not make for yourself an idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the water under the earth.5"You shall not worship them or serve them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, on the third and the fourth generations of those who hate Me,…
I know the Catholics say that it is a status of Jesus or Mary but Acts 17:29
Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.
And as for praying to Mary-1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Also Acts 4:12
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Remember Philippians 2
8And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. 9Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:10That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;11And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Jesus even said in Matthew 12
47Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee. 48But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren? 49And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren! 50For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.
Catholics listen John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me
You cannot get through God through any other means than Jesus.
And what with Purgatory- Hebrews 9:27
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
Plus, is the Catholic really the first church?
Acts 11:26
And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.
I think the early Christians were the true first Church.
Anyway they always pray the rosary over and over again-Matthew 6:7-But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
And is Mary really the Mother of God that they pray. She is the mother of The Lord Jesus But the Godhead existed since the very beginning.
John 8:58 -Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
John 1:1-In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:14-And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
The Catholic church also has lot of traditions.
John 4:23-But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
John 4:24 -God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.►

You must be born again John 3-
3Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
4Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? 5Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. 8The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Everyone doing penance and such please take note the Bible says in Ephesians 2:8 -For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Also Ephesians 2:10-For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
Plus I watched a video of someone who had a supernatural visitation and Mary was unhappy and said she was only a vessel.
Guys be careful of whoever appears to you like an apparition of Mary. Remember that 2 Corinthians
13For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. 14No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.
Indeed 1 John 4:1 -Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
Plus Matthew 23:9-And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.I think it might mean a spiritual father Like Father in Catholic Church
Re: This Is For The Catholics.please Dont Get Annoyed. by eme1n(m): 3:18pm On Sep 07, 2015
Images?? Name the images pls...

1 Like

Re: This Is For The Catholics.please Dont Get Annoyed. by Nobody: 3:25pm On Sep 07, 2015
You have a nice write-up, but its full of misinformation

Are the people below idol worshippers? How do you know the true worshippers of God? By their fruits or their gift? Did Jesus say those who worship, do so in truth and in spirit. How then do you know someone is worshipping idol if it is meant to be in spirit?

Re: This Is For The Catholics.please Dont Get Annoyed. by Nobody: 4:12pm On Sep 07, 2015
Are Catholics wrong? You ask..

Well some Catholics may be wrong, no doubt. But is the Catholic church wrong? No, I don't think so.

You said you went to Catholic school, and they taught to bow to images? Now, that is a lie... the Church teaches that you worship ONLY God your creator and no other. You know this because you listed the ten commandments taught by the church.
Here are the Catholic Ten Commandments:
1. I am the LORD your God. You shall worship the Lord your God and Him only shall you serve.

I think you are misinformed for the following reasons:

1. The Church did not remove any commandment of God. (Its all there in the Bible, and Catholics read the bible). What you listed are the commandments of God as they appear in the Bible without the explanations.

"You shall have no other gods before Me.4"You shall not make for yourself an idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the water under the earth.5"You shall not worship them or serve them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, on the third and the fourth generations of those who hate Me,…

The above explains how 'thou shall worship only the Lord your God, now notice where He said 'you shall not worship them or serve them'

Is God against the use of images in worship? I don't think so... think about the ark of the covenant, the bronze serpent even Isaiah had an image of God the father himself. The problem is in making the image and bowing down and worshipping it as your God...think of the golden calf. Now, you quoted that Catholics preach that ONLY God is to be worshipped, how ironical will they now teach you to worship images. Does it make sense? Catholics and Non-Catholics alike keep images of things in heaven, on earth and under the earth, for the same purpose. You have the image of yourself as your dp right, when your girl friend sees it, she smiles and remembers you and all the time you shared together. The same goes for the images of Jesus, Mary, Joseph, paul etc that I have in my house, when I see them I remember them.

As for Mary being the Mother of God. That is not an issue na? Jesus is God, you said so Mary is the Mother of God. Its a non issue.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Spiritual Leaders' Special Treatment, What's Your Say / How Much Is The Minimum For Offering? / When Muslim Account Deny Jesus Dead, Resurrection And Ascension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.