Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,460 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

Memphis Depay’s Ghanaian Father Calls Him A Liar - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Memphis Depay’s Ghanaian Father Calls Him A Liar (4746 Views)

Braless Ghanaian Lady: I Have More 'Points' Than The Nigerian Football Team / What's Your Dream By Memphis Depay / Jose Mourinho Explains Why He Doesn't Use Memphis Depay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Memphis Depay’s Ghanaian Father Calls Him A Liar by octus2008(m): 5:05pm On Sep 07, 2015
The Sun on Sunday have stitched up Manchester United star Memphis Depay by speaking to the footballer’s father for his understanding of why he has no relationship with his son.
The summer signing from PSV has his name “Memphis” displayed on the back of his football shirt, as the Dutch international refuses to have “Depay” due to his family politics.

Memphis Depay is known to be estranged from his father, however the Sun on Sunday have now made it their business to speak to the dad of the United star for his version of events..
According to Dennis Depay, Memphis has spread lies about his childhood. His crucial quotes are as follows:

“Saying that I didn’t see him after he was four is a lie. It is unbelievable, it is not nice. He is my son and I love him. I am the man who gave him his first ball.

“He was not abandoned by me. That is not true. I was always there for him.
I saw him on YouTube talking about his dad, saying he didn’t want to put my name on his back. It made me feel terrible.
http://talkbackgh.com/2015/09/memphis-depays-ghanaian-father-calls-him-a-liar/

Re: Memphis Depay’s Ghanaian Father Calls Him A Liar by CLeAtHead(m): 5:05pm On Sep 07, 2015
cheesy
Re: Memphis Depay’s Ghanaian Father Calls Him A Liar by Darlingting: 5:13pm On Sep 07, 2015
k
Re: Memphis Depay’s Ghanaian Father Calls Him A Liar by Abugab(m): 5:16pm On Sep 07, 2015
He probably didn't think the son will be this big and could have neglected his responsibilities those early days and be having fun with other women.
Water don turn soup now and he wan come dey leak am. Papa Delay, you can't eat your cake and have it but will advice you find ways to resolve the difference as blood is thicker than water.
Re: Memphis Depay’s Ghanaian Father Calls Him A Liar by easyelliot(m): 6:39pm On Sep 07, 2015
Memphis is more marketable joor. A million depays everywhere. To be honest I never heard of him before his move to mufc but now all I hear is Memphis Memphis Memphis......

Do you think American based sportswear Giant, Under Amour would have signed him if he went by Depay?

Papa Depay needs to stop talking and develop a relationship with his son. In fact tell him you support his decision and love him and you don't want anything from him except forgiveness. Then make it his life's ambition to repair the damage with the mothers side.

END FREE ADVICE

(1) (Reply)

Draw Or Any Clean Sheet / Captain Arm Band: Should It Be By Age, Seniority Or Merit? / The Top 10 Worst Ever Hairstyles In The English Premier League

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.