Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,181 members, 7,811,458 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:03 PM

Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! (47528 Views)

#20 Fact You Probably Might Not Know About / Some Striking Facts You May Not Have Come Across: / Grant Or Loan To Do Research Here In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! by siraj1402(m): 6:54pm On Sep 07, 2015
Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!!
1. There is a town in Jamaica called ABEOKUTA. It was founded by former slaves from present-day Ogun State who were brought to a plantation in that part of Jamaica.
2· In Turkish, the bird we call a Turkey is called "Hindi" ("from India"wink. In India, it's called "Peru." In Arabic, the bird is called "Greek chicken"; in Greek it's called "French chicken"; and in French it's called "Indian chicken." The bird is indigenous to none of these places.
3· The letter 'i' that Apple uses (in their products iPhone, iPad, iMac, iPod) stands for "Interactive".
4· Edward James Roye, the fifth president of Liberia, was of Igbo descent.
5· President Robert Mugabe is Africa’s oldest Head of State and the world’s second oldest Head of State. He was born in 1924.
6· The name"Nigeria" was coined by Flora Shaw, the wife of Lord Lugard, Nigeria's Governor-General from 1914 to 1919.
7· There is a high school in Kingston, Jamaica named CALABAR High School, the capital of Cross River State.
8· Queen Elizabeth II is the only person who travels to any country without International Passport.
9· Ebun House, located at 85 Odunfa Street, was the first three-story building built in Lagos. It was constructed in 1914.
10· The city of Port Harcourt (capital ofRivers State) was named after Lewis Vernon Harcourt in 1913 by Frederick Lugard. It was originally known as Iguocha.
11· There are 3 things the Human Brain cannot resist noticing –Food, Attractive People and Danger.
12· The CMS Grammar School in Lagos, Nigeria is the oldest secondary school in Nigeria. It was founded on June 6, 1859.
13· The first book written in the Igbo language (Isoama-Ibo :A Primer) was by Samuel Ajayi Crowther, the renowned Yoruba/Creole bishop.
14· Gatwick Airport in London, which is not that far from Heathrow Airport also in London, England is owned by Nigerian businessman Adebayo Ogunlesi.
15· The Naira, Nigeria’s currency, was named by Obafemi Awolowo.
16· Nigerian staple food cassava was brought to West Africa from Brazil by the Portuguese.
17. The Official Residence of the President of Barbados, a Caribbean country, very close to Jamaica and Bahamas, is called Oronna Court. The name Oronna was used by two Barbadorian Citizens close to a decade in tracing their origin to Ilaro in Ogun state. One was named Odewale and the other was named Aramide Oronna( the German Shephard man) was one of the hero/founders of Ilaro town alongside Iya Ala. Oronnais just like the likes of Lisabi and Shodeke in Egbaland.
Surprised? Dig more!
‪#‎FactFile‬

335 Likes 58 Shares

Re: Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! by siraj1402(m): 6:54pm On Sep 07, 2015
grin
I dedicate this to those who believe in PMB to fix Nigeria. Otojo meta. grin

128 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! by carzola(m): 7:00pm On Sep 07, 2015
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! by CINDY74(f): 7:16pm On Sep 07, 2015
I'm here to read comments! I think the next person has something to say cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! by gabazin080(m): 7:23pm On Sep 07, 2015
Cool facts. Good to know.

another true but hard to believe fact is that one of King Solomon's wife was buried in my hometown of OKE ERI close to ijebu ode in ogun state

www.informationng.com/2015/06/confirmed-biblical-queen-sheba-died-and-buried-in-nigeria-photos.html

12 Likes

Re: Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! by kadas01(m): 7:38pm On Sep 07, 2015
Interesting facts!

That of Queen Elizabeth II is just too remarkable!

Who JAH bless is forever blessed!

50 Likes

Re: Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! by Segadem(m): 7:39pm On Sep 07, 2015
Fact no 18
if Buhari makes 1$ equal to 1# and gives every Nigerians power/light 24/7,employ every jobless youths, and restructure our economy to that of USA,China,and Japan ,the wailers will still not appreciate him.

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! by Demmocrats(m): 7:49pm On Sep 07, 2015
Its the Turkey part I love so much so so funny grin

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! by omaniblog(m): 7:49pm On Sep 07, 2015
oh

1 Like

Re: Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! by Richie0974: 7:49pm On Sep 07, 2015
. Oh good
Re: Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! by Nobody: 7:50pm On Sep 07, 2015
undecided
Re: Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! by jimfend: 7:50pm On Sep 07, 2015
Interestingly ineresting

1 Like

Re: Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! by kennyman2000(m): 7:50pm On Sep 07, 2015
I dont believe that Gatwick airport part.. I read about it sometimes ago and was made to understand that, its a consortium..

4 Likes

Re: Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! by obinnajr(m): 7:50pm On Sep 07, 2015
NEKWANU AKUKO

AND APC HAS BEEN FOOLING YORUBA PEOPLE SINCE 1759

25 Likes

Re: Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! by mrphysics(m): 7:51pm On Sep 07, 2015
k
Re: Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! by adesegun121(m): 7:51pm On Sep 07, 2015
Ok
Re: Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! by Demex40(m): 7:51pm On Sep 07, 2015
Lols imagine Arabic calling turkey, greek chicken, the Greek calling it french chicken, while france called it Indian chicken....

15 Likes

Re: Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! by DrayZee: 7:51pm On Sep 07, 2015
Lamd
Re: Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! by Firefire(m): 7:51pm On Sep 07, 2015
The Naira, Nigeria’s currency, was named by Obafemi Awolowo. shocked shocked

Awon eni ire lo, ki se awon jegudujera asiwaju awon ole ti ani bayi. embarassed

Baba Awo sunre oooooooooooooooo

Abeokuta indigenes should have free visa to Jamaica ?

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! by Nobody: 7:51pm On Sep 07, 2015
Ehnnnnn I salute ur world
Re: Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! by peterovanski(m): 7:51pm On Sep 07, 2015
Ok
Re: Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! by realtestament(m): 7:51pm On Sep 07, 2015
shocked
Re: Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! by spellingcheck(m): 7:52pm On Sep 07, 2015
grin

1 Like

Re: Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! by Eniqurl(f): 7:52pm On Sep 07, 2015
Yo mean there is Abeokuta in Jamaica? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! by devigblegble: 7:52pm On Sep 07, 2015
Cooler
Re: Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! by Buho(m): 7:52pm On Sep 07, 2015
shockedshocked i am wowed by this.
Re: Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! by phemsie(m): 7:53pm On Sep 07, 2015
wao! i made front page

'dance shakiti bobo'
Re: Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! by LatestTrend: 7:53pm On Sep 07, 2015
kiss
Re: Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! by Eeser: 7:53pm On Sep 07, 2015
One thing for sure, the turkey thing is funny. To me it seems that majority thinks it's a bird from India (Turkey and French). The funny thing is that the Indians themselves don't think of turkey as an indigenous bird of their land.
Just saying

1 Like

Re: Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! by ImperfectMe(m): 7:54pm On Sep 07, 2015
Although some of these facts are already known....what caught my attention wes number 2
2· In Turkish, the bird we call a Turkey is called
"Hindi" ("from India" . In India, it's called "Peru." In
Arabic, the bird is called "Greek chicken"; in Greek
it's called "French chicken"; and in French it's called
"Indian chicken." The bird is indigenous to none of
these places.
Epic....

8 Likes

Re: Some Striking Fact You Won't Believe Until You Do Research!!! by youngice(m): 7:54pm On Sep 07, 2015
Adebayo Ogunlesi doesn't own Gatwick airport doesn't own

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

JAMB Officially Release CBT Registration 2017/18 Form - See Requirements / Shola Eshiobo, Auchi Poly Dean Of Students’ Affairs Found Dead In His Office / Professor Richard Akindele's Wife & Church Members React To Sex For Mark Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.