Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,137 members, 7,814,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Policemen Refused To Attend To My Complaint - Lagos Cp. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Policemen Refused To Attend To My Complaint - Lagos Cp. (830 Views)

Video Of Chibok Girls Holding AK-47, Explaining Why They Refused To Return Home / Attend To Hunger In The Country And Leave Me Alone - Fayose To Buhari / Biafra: Dutch Lawyers File Complaint Against Buhari At The Hague - Reuters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Policemen Refused To Attend To My Complaint - Lagos Cp. by brandchambers: 10:56pm On Sep 07, 2015
The Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Fatai Owoseni, says policemen from a division in the state referred him to another division, when he disguised as a motorist whose vehicle had just been snatched.

Owoseni, who was speaking on jurisdictional problems usually encountered when people had emergency complaints to make to the police, said the command was working at ensuring that the police could attend to complaints of people without the barrier of jurisdiction.
ADVERTISEMENT

The CP said this on Friday during the visit of the Domestic and Sexual Violence Response Team of the Lagos State Ministry of Justice.

The CP said, “There is sometimes the problem of jurisdiction when a complainant comes to a police station, and the officers there refer him to the station where the incident happened.

“When I freshly resumed as the CP, I paid a disguised visit to a police division in the Agege area. I told them that my vehicle was snatched around Abule Egba. The officers, who should have radioed the information, said I should go to the division in Abule Egba.

“The point is, the police are the same and jurisdiction should not be a barrier to reporting cases of sexual abuses.”

Earlier, a spokesperson for the team, who is also Director, Lagos State Office of the Public Defender, Omotola Rotimi, said the police should prosecute officers that put pressure on the victims to accept “settlement.”
Re: Policemen Refused To Attend To My Complaint - Lagos Cp. by immortalcrown(m): 11:00pm On Sep 07, 2015
A fifty naira note will perform the magic.

1 Like

Re: Policemen Refused To Attend To My Complaint - Lagos Cp. by Moneyab(m): 11:35pm On Sep 07, 2015
The CP didn't say what disciplinary measures he took to forestall such shoddy response from his men

2 Likes

Re: Policemen Refused To Attend To My Complaint - Lagos Cp. by OrIandoOwoh(m): 11:45pm On Sep 07, 2015
buhari's body language will attend to your problem
Re: Policemen Refused To Attend To My Complaint - Lagos Cp. by Nobody: 12:50am On Sep 08, 2015
The ILLITERATE and his body language will respond to your problem

Igp I hope u ain't deaf to this..... grin

Scam na police
Police na scam

Re: Policemen Refused To Attend To My Complaint - Lagos Cp. by Nobody: 2:39am On Sep 08, 2015
These illiterates hungry men.

Just allow Buhari to face you and even Arase won't remember his name again!
Re: Policemen Refused To Attend To My Complaint - Lagos Cp. by WailingWailer00(m): 5:45am On Sep 08, 2015
I hate the NPF
Very useless set of people
Re: Policemen Refused To Attend To My Complaint - Lagos Cp. by omowolewa: 5:52am On Sep 08, 2015
CP, thank God the police on duty didn't ask you to roger am or even detain you as the suspect.

(1) (Reply)

Northern Group To Saraki: Resign Now / The Needless Vendetta In Buhari’s Anti-corruption Crusade / Etisalat 150mb Cheat (no Stress)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.