Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

My Back Is Itching Me With No Visible Rash, Pls Help. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Back Is Itching Me With No Visible Rash, Pls Help. (895 Views)

A Nairalander Needs Urgent Help On His Skin Rash And Solutions Necessary (pics) / HELP - My Private Part Is Always Itching Me / Am I Infected With Measles Or Heat Rash? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Back Is Itching Me With No Visible Rash, Pls Help. by Jonwesley(m): 3:50am On Sep 08, 2015
I have been experiencing itchy skin on my back for about 3 weeks. I initially thought I had some sort of fungus...essentially athletes foot or similar...but the symptoms were not localized in the "usual" places. My skin is not dry and I don't have obvious visible signs except irritation caused by scratching. Although the symptoms vary in intensity, the itching can be quite severe-to the point that it keeps me from sleeping and is a very big distraction when I'm awake. I am scratching my back to the point that my skin is becoming very irritated-even causing minor bleeding. I visited a dermatologist who was not able to identify any obvious cause such as dermatitis, scabies or the like. The doctor prescribed an antihistamine but that only provides modest relief if any. I take a couple of medications but I have not taken any drugs for a very long time......and have never had any similar response before. As such, the doctor does not think the symptoms are caused by an allergic reaction to medicine anyway. I'm at about my wits end. The symptoms are extremely annoying. I'd appreciate any advice on what I might do to understand the cause and treat this.
Re: My Back Is Itching Me With No Visible Rash, Pls Help. by Jonwesley(m): 10:07pm On Sep 08, 2015
Why are people just viewing and reading only without commenting. The Nairalanders I know are better than these ones.
Re: My Back Is Itching Me With No Visible Rash, Pls Help. by FatherCHRISTMAS: 1:43pm On Dec 31, 2018
Jonwesley:
Why are people just viewing and reading only without commenting. The Nairalanders I know are better than these ones.
sorry about that.... The best thing is to change your bedsheets and you source of water for bath.

1 Like

Re: My Back Is Itching Me With No Visible Rash, Pls Help. by Lawrittanneka68(f): 6:34pm On Dec 31, 2018
Jonwesley:
I have been experiencing itchy skin on my back for about 3 weeks. I initially thought I had some sort of fungus...essentially athletes foot or similar...but the symptoms were not localized in the "usual" places. My skin is not dry and I don't have obvious visible signs except irritation caused by scratching. Although the symptoms vary in intensity, the itching can be quite severe-to the point that it keeps me from sleeping and is a very big distraction when I'm awake. I am scratching my back to the point that my skin is becoming very irritated-even causing minor bleeding. I visited a dermatologist who was not able to identify any obvious cause such as dermatitis, scabies or the like. The doctor prescribed an antihistamine but that only provides modest relief if any. I take a couple of medications but I have not taken any drugs for a very long time......and have never had any similar response before. As such, the doctor does not think the symptoms are caused by an allergic reaction to medicine anyway. I'm at about my wits end. The symptoms are extremely annoying. I'd appreciate any advice on what I might do to understand the cause and treat this.

APART FROM REPLACING THE BED SPREAD AND WATER,ADD MARINA SPA TO YOUR BATHING WATER

1 Like

Re: My Back Is Itching Me With No Visible Rash, Pls Help. by Jonwesley(m): 11:10am On Jan 01, 2019
Lawrittanneka68:
APART FROM REPLACING THE BED SPREAD AND WATER,ADD MARINA SPA TO YOUR BATHING WATER

Wow, oh! Aiit. Thanks so much, Happy new year!
Re: My Back Is Itching Me With No Visible Rash, Pls Help. by Rafaelbeulah: 1:07pm On Jan 01, 2019
Apply coconut oil.
Re: My Back Is Itching Me With No Visible Rash, Pls Help. by arabmoney14: 3:27pm On Aug 28, 2022
Jonwesley:

Pls, how did you solve this?
Re: My Back Is Itching Me With No Visible Rash, Pls Help. by Jonwesley(m): 3:43pm On Aug 28, 2022
arabmoney14:

Pls, how did you solve this?

I changed the bedspread and my bathing soap. Because I sweat at that area of my back I have decided to allow the window on my side to be open to allow fresh air in even if it's cold at night that may not be okay with my spouse. She covers herself with the duvet on such cold nights while I could lay bare all through the night. It's vanished and my back is clear from the irritation and itching now.

1 Like

Re: My Back Is Itching Me With No Visible Rash, Pls Help. by arabmoney14: 8:34am On Aug 29, 2022
Jonwesley:

I changed the bedspread and my bathing soap. Because I sweat at that area of my back I have decided to allow the window on my side to be open to allow fresh air in even if it's cold at night that may not be okay with my spouse. She covers herself with the duvet on such cold nights while I could lay bare all through the night. It's vanished and my back is clear from the irritation and itching now.
OK, thanks

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

She Will Always Want It Bigger... / Doctors On Indefinite Strike In Neuropsychiatric Hospital Enugu. / When Your Life Is Worth Nothing At The Federal Medical Center, Bida (FMCB)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.