Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,075 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:42 PM

100 Days In Office, What Is Special About It? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 100 Days In Office, What Is Special About It? (572 Views)

PDP Conducts Poll To Rate Buhari's 2 Years In Office: See Results And Reactions / Buhari Addressed The Issue Of ‘first 100 Days In Office In UK / Hajo Sani Is Special Assistant (Admin), Office Of The Wife Of The President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

100 Days In Office, What Is Special About It? by nnamdibig(m): 6:31am On Sep 08, 2015
Turn on the radio & television, you hear congratulatory massages for both president, governors, senator & the rest.
My question is what is so special about 100 days in office?
Not that it's an anniversary(yearly) or so
Re: 100 Days In Office, What Is Special About It? by seunlayi(m): 6:42am On Sep 08, 2015
it is a general practice in most part of the world, you can't expect that to change because GMB is yet to our his government machinery in order. it is Another yardstick to measure the performance of government to know what the future holds.

1 Like

Re: 100 Days In Office, What Is Special About It? by nnamdibig(m): 6:50am On Sep 08, 2015
seunlayi:
it is a general practice in most part of the world, you can't expect that to change because GMB is yet to our his government machinery in order. it is Another yardstick to measure the performance of government to know what the future holds.
Okay,
But is 100 days not too small to measure someone's performance? Someone that will spend 4yrs(1460 days at least) in the office?
Re: 100 Days In Office, What Is Special About It? by kogirodent: 7:22am On Sep 08, 2015
nnamdibig:
Turn on the radio & television, you hear congratulatory massages for both president, governors, senator & the rest.
My question is what is so special about 100 days in office?
Not that it's an anniversary(yearly) or so
your birthday, what is special about it? Isn't it too small a time for you to celebrate your expected many years on earth? Same thing for wedding anniversary, New Year etc. In 100 days you can easily decide whether you wasted your previous vote or not simple.
Re: 100 Days In Office, What Is Special About It? by nnamdibig(m): 7:42am On Sep 08, 2015
kogirodent:
your birthday, what is special about it? Isn't it too small a time for you to celebrate your expected many years on earth? Same thing for wedding anniversary, New Year etc. In 100 days you can easily decide whether you wasted your previous vote or not simple.
Then why cant we wait till may 29 2016?( 365 days in office not 100 days) Then we know it's one year in office we are talking about
Re: 100 Days In Office, What Is Special About It? by kogirodent: 8:01am On Sep 08, 2015
nnamdibig:

Then why cant we wait till may 29 2016?( 365 days in office not 100 days) Then we know it's one year in office we are talking about

Why don't you wait till you are 50 years before you celebrate the first of your birthdays? That is my point! If we celebrate little achievements in small time periods, then we must assess our president as early as we can. Most you guys forget that four years is a very small time frame. If PMB has not initiated any power project(s) at the end of his first year then we can be assured he wnt improve our power situation in four years time because it takes more than three years to build a single power plant. That is the essence of attemptiong to assess our president in 100 days (a short time i must admit). 100 days is a time for the president to set a clear policy direction to drive this country, if he fails in that regard within this time period, most of us will start giving up on him.
Re: 100 Days In Office, What Is Special About It? by nnamdibig(m): 8:13am On Sep 08, 2015
kogirodent:
Why don't you wait till you are 50 years before you celebrate the first of your birthdays? That is my point! If we celebrate little achievements in small time periods, then we must assess our president as early as we can. Most you guys forget that four years is a very small time frame. If PMB has not initiated any power project(s) at the end of his first year then we can be assured he wnt improve our power situation in four years time because it takes more than three years to build a single power plant. That is the essence of attemptiong to assess our president in 100 days (a short time i must admit). 100 days is a time for the president to set a clear policy direction to drive this country, if he fails in that regard within this time period, most of us will start giving up on him.

Now you are hitting the nail on the head. 100 days is enough for show the country his plans but not enough to start talking of achievements.
My opinion

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Is An Economic Epidemic...reuters / Green Energy For The Poor / Monarch Urges Nigerians To Support President Buhari’s Administration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.