Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,900 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

Top Remedies For Internet Growth In Nigeria - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Top Remedies For Internet Growth In Nigeria (17126 Views)

We Build Ecommerce That Are Bringing Growth In Online Business / Is It True Africa's Internet Growth Is Highest In The World? / Top 8 Problems Of Internet Growth In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Remedies For Internet Growth In Nigeria by guiddoti: 11:35am On Sep 08, 2015
Pavore9:
Access is still expensive.
MTN should b considerate naw. we ar lacking behind
Re: Top Remedies For Internet Growth In Nigeria by pecothecash: 11:36am On Sep 08, 2015

1 Like

Re: Top Remedies For Internet Growth In Nigeria by anonimi: 11:38am On Sep 08, 2015
xpirence:

which promises? 5,000 per month to all the unemployed or 1 sqr meal perday to all students?

I think we need enabled environment to be self reliance, e.g constant electricity, more channels for importation, job creation and a corrupt free society.

we dont need fish but teach us how to fish.

I believe that there is NO corrupt free society. We have societies where corruption is less pervasive and less WIDESPREAD than ours.
Jonathan did quite a bit to improve on the systemic issues of enabling environment for PRIVATE sector led employment generation and growth as you can see in the sample on the 15 pages below:

https://www.nairaland.com/2117791/achievements-jonathan-sambo-administration-pictures

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2278704_gej_jpeg992928adad11461598fca84307c51f06
Re: Top Remedies For Internet Growth In Nigeria by sam90s(m): 11:41am On Sep 08, 2015
"Top remedy for internet growth"?
I see no need to remedy a positive development, isn't that what we all want?
Let's say "Top remedy for lack of/slow internet growth....."
Re: Top Remedies For Internet Growth In Nigeria by sam90s(m): 11:44am On Sep 08, 2015
guiddoti:
MTN should b considerate naw. we ar lacking behind

We shouldn't be LAGGING behind, I agree.
Re: Top Remedies For Internet Growth In Nigeria by WiseElectrical: 11:46am On Sep 08, 2015
That is it
Re: Top Remedies For Internet Growth In Nigeria by guiddoti: 11:55am On Sep 08, 2015
sam90s:

We shouldn't be LAGGING behind, I agree.
Thanks for correction
Re: Top Remedies For Internet Growth In Nigeria by baloney: 11:59am On Sep 08, 2015
your points on ICT development is very accurate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKXPjk909sw
Re: Top Remedies For Internet Growth In Nigeria by Bollinger(m): 11:59am On Sep 08, 2015
MediaBlog:
I posted an article on the top 8 problems of Internet growth in Nigeria, after some research and things happening, here are possible solutions and top remedies for Internet growth in Nigeria considering the obstacles hindering our technology growth. Power problem has been at the root of technological backwardness in Nigeria. Government foot-dragging attitudes coupled with massive corruption that has been synonymous with African leaders. Adequate power supply should be provided to power Internet backbone facilities. Alternate power sources such as solar such energy need to be explored. Some of the remedies that can improve ICT and Internet growth in Nigeria are listed below:-

1.) Aggressive Power Supply Initiatives - In bid to encourage foreign investment in ICT, increased Internet growth government should pursue aggressively the power supply sector, because without power nothing works out.

2.) Poverty Eradication Policies - Poverty gap between the rich and the poor should be eradicated to ensure equitable distribution of wealth, which will in turn increase people’s interest in education and ICT acceptance.

3.) Job Creation Policies - Rapid job creation policies will encourage earning, people can engage in two or more hobs to increase their income and subsequently acquire ICT tools like computer sets.

4.) Private–public Collaboration Efforts - There should be encouragement from government towards all private-public collaboration in eradication of poverty, funding of infrastructural development and education of the people on ICT concepts.

5.) Mass Literacy Effort - Education should not be for rich and well to do in the society, rather an aggressive plan on eradication of illiteracy in the country should be favored against mass looting of public wealth.

Other remedies that can eradicate Internet problems in Nigeria:-

Increase in the teledensity

Infrastructural development

Support from improved personnel’s.

Awareness creation on uses of internet

Integration of internet education in school curricular

Remove import duty on telecoms components, etc.

Source: http://www.mediapaper.net/2015/06/25/top-remedies-for-internet-growth-in-nigeria/

CC: lalasticlala, ishilove, dragnet, honsule, puskin

OP you understand English so? Your topic headline na wa. Is growth a problem that needs remedy? some people in Nigerians should just stop speaking English.
Re: Top Remedies For Internet Growth In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:59am On Sep 08, 2015
Nigerians have never been short of ideas! What they are short of, is the courage and will to act upon those ideas!!!!!! It requires a revolution in the way of thinking and living. Cultural evolution if i might add.....that critical mass needs to be achieved and not just having a handful of progressive minded people here and there!!!
Re: Top Remedies For Internet Growth In Nigeria by Leopantro: 12:59pm On Sep 08, 2015
MediaBlog:
I posted an article on the top 8 problems of Internet growth in Nigeria, after some research and things happening, here are possible solutions and top remedies for Internet growth in Nigeria considering the obstacles hindering our technology growth. Power problem has been at the root of technological backwardness in Nigeria. Government foot-dragging attitudes coupled with massive corruption that has been synonymous with African leaders. Adequate power supply should be provided to power Internet backbone facilities. Alternate power sources such as solar such energy need to be explored. Some of the remedies that can improve ICT and Internet growth in Nigeria are listed below:-

1.) Aggressive Power Supply Initiatives - In bid to encourage foreign investment in ICT, increased Internet growth government should pursue aggressively the power supply sector, because without power nothing works out.

2.) Poverty Eradication Policies - Poverty gap between the rich and the poor should be eradicated to ensure equitable distribution of wealth, which will in turn increase people’s interest in education and ICT acceptance.

3.) Job Creation Policies - Rapid job creation policies will encourage earning, people can engage in two or more hobs to increase their income and subsequently acquire ICT tools like computer sets.

4.) Private–public Collaboration Efforts - There should be encouragement from government towards all private-public collaboration in eradication of poverty, funding of infrastructural development and education of the people on ICT concepts.

5.) Mass Literacy Effort - Education should not be for rich and well to do in the society, rather an aggressive plan on eradication of illiteracy in the country should be favored against mass looting of public wealth.

Other remedies that can eradicate Internet problems in Nigeria:-

Increase in the teledensity

Infrastructural development

Support from improved personnel’s.

Awareness creation on uses of internet

Integration of internet education in school curricular

Remove import duty on telecoms components, etc.

Source: http://www.mediapaper.net/2015/06/25/top-remedies-for-internet-growth-in-nigeria/

CC: lalasticlala, ishilove, dragnet, honsule, puskin

Here's an idea I have had for sometime that is small scale and utilizes infrastructures that already exist.

1. The network providers produce an app
2. The youths that utilize smartphones download the app.
3. Upon registration, the phone number is allocated a certain amount of data.
4. The app has the capability to create a hotspot.
5. People connect to the wifi and register to an online database.
6. The owner of the hotspot regulates the user of the hotspot via data allocation at a rate or price he or she determines or
7. The network provider allocates points / rewards to the number of users or rate of usage of data and incentives given.

Thus
1. Increased Internet usage
2. Increased Internet coverage
3. Increased patronage of network provider
4. Increased revenue generation, both for the network provider and the hotspot owner.

And such an app exist but uses PayPal for data payment
Re: Top Remedies For Internet Growth In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:22pm On Sep 08, 2015
ok...
Re: Top Remedies For Internet Growth In Nigeria by persius555(m): 5:10pm On Sep 08, 2015
The schools are key to growth of internet and computer literacy. Its unfortunate that the schools are far behind as far as this is concerned. How do u explain teachers who are computer illetrates teaching this generation students. Some so called private school students cant use a microsoft package, some dont know how to launch a browser. Thats how bad it is.
Re: Top Remedies For Internet Growth In Nigeria by persius555(m): 5:15pm On Sep 08, 2015
Leopantro:

Here's an idea I have had for sometime that is small scale and utilizes infrastructures that already exist.

1. The network providers produce an app
2. The youths that utilize smartphones download the app.
3. Upon registration, the phone number is allocated a certain amount of data.
4. The app has the capability to create a hotspot.
5. People connect to the wifi and register to an online database.
6. The owner of the hotspot regulates the user of the hotspot via data allocation at a rate or price he or she determines or
7. The network provider allocates points / rewards to the number of users or rate of usage of data and incentives given.

Thus
1. Increased Internet usage
2. Increased Internet coverage
3. Increased patronage of network provider
4. Increased revenue generation, both for the network provider and the hotspot owner.

And such an app exist but uses PayPal for data payment

Good idea, but wifis have limited reach. For such project, you will need a nationwide or region wide wifi connectivity. This is becos wifis have limited coverage due to the nature of its frequency.
Re: Top Remedies For Internet Growth In Nigeria by oc2fish: 5:49pm On Sep 08, 2015
Pavore9:
Access is still expensive.
[color=#990000][/color]

Internet is expensive everywhere. My house internet plus football station is 15k per month. I can stream watch full match on net. In Malaysia. My phone is on the average of 1500 per month. Mind you most spots has free wifi. Internet still remain expensive sha.
Re: Top Remedies For Internet Growth In Nigeria by Pavore9: 7:20pm On Sep 08, 2015
oc2fish:
[color=#990000][/color]

Internet is expensive everywhere. My house internet plus football station is 15k per month. I can stream watch full match on net. In Malaysia. My phone is on the average of 1500 per month. Mind you most spots has free wifi. Internet still remain expensive sha.

l am based in Nairobi, Kenya and l use Airte's Unlimitnet package where 1 pay N2,000 monthly to enjoy 400mins of calls and 2000 sms to all network in Kenya and 2GB of data and even if one consumes all the 2GB of data on the first day of subscription, you will continue to browse till the end of the 30days. l have been on 0MB for the past 3 weeks and have been watching videos and football online likewise Skyping but Airtel will never try that in Nigeria.

http://africa.airtel.com/wps/wcm/connect/africarevamp/kenya/home/personal/internet/internet-services/unliminet
Re: Top Remedies For Internet Growth In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:23pm On Sep 08, 2015
Dharniel:

do you have a problem with that?
Not at all, just wondering if u read d post
Re: Top Remedies For Internet Growth In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:32pm On Sep 08, 2015
Bestluv584:
Not at all, just wondering if u read d post
yeah, i did. but that was after i booked space...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top Remedies For Internet Growth In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:35am On Sep 09, 2015
Ok
Dharniel:

yeah, i did. but that was after i booked space...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Create A Full Website Using Your Mobile Phone / How To Create Your Own VTU And Data Website For Free Without Coding / 8 Types Of Trolls You May Encounter On Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.