Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,979 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

When the available job or business becomes the desirable. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / When the available job or business becomes the desirable. (12464 Views)

"N300k Job Or I Won't Work" - Slay Queen, Chinny Okekki (Photos) / Help, Should I Accept The Condition Of 3 Months Probation For A New Job Or Not? / 52k Bank Job Or 40k Teaching Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

When the available job or business becomes the desirable. by Toks2008(m): 10:35am On Sep 08, 2015
Most of us are always eager to get a job or start a business in order to make ends meet and as we get carried away in our search,we tend to cross the line from taking up our desirable and fulfilling job,business to settling for the available anywhere belle face business or job without considering the comfort zone factor.

COMFORT ZONE

This is a very sensitive phenomenon in our lives and many of us have at one time or the other subconsciously created a comfort zone in one job or business that we are not happy or fulfilled in.

Have you ever heard some people say "I just want to take this job for a little time or start this business for just a short while" but many years after, they are still involved in that same business and still doing that same job they claimed they just want to pass time with and this is because they have subconsciously developed a comfort zone in that line of job or business.

We must ask ourselves very early in our lives what we really want to be known for, the type of business, career or job we really want for our lives and only be comfortable in that zone no matter how enticing or rewarding the interim choice of job or business may be.

Before you start any job or career at all just ask yourself these 2 questions:

1.Do i enjoy what i do?: The truth is that while the amount of money we make has become the yardstick to ascertain a good job or business,it is important to note that if you do a job or business you don't enjoy doing then you are indeed enslaving yourself no matter how huge the salary or profit margin..YOU NEED TO ENJOY WHAT YOU DO.

2.If i wake up in 20years from now and still find myself in this job or business will i be proud of myself?:
This is a very vital question because the truth is that there is absolutely nothing bad in taking up a business or job for the time being but the unfortunate twist is that in most cases,you tend to get trapped by any business or job you start even when you don't intend to and many people have woken up many years latter in life to realize that the job or business they intended doing for a short time have taken all their active period of life..Quite unfortunate

My candid advice is that you should try at ll cost to avoid any job or business you know you don't want to be identified with in the distant future and if you must take up an interim job,don't ever develop a comfort zone in that line of job or business.

Now the question many people ask is this: What type of Job can i take up?What exactly am i good at?
The Answer first lies in asking yourself what you enjoy doing,what can you do for free and you will still love to do it excellently? That is your passion and if you professionalize it with diligence,patience and tenacity,it will most likely bring you good wealth in due time except it was never your real passion.

I hope this makes sense.

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: When the available job or business becomes the desirable. by westlius(m): 8:17am On Feb 01, 2016
Will it make bubu pay d 5000 stipends or change 1 dollar to a naria or change d economic situation

2 Likes

Re: When the available job or business becomes the desirable. by Toks2008(m): 9:04am On Feb 01, 2016
westlius:
Will it make bubu pay d 5000 stipends or change 1 dollar to a naria or change d economic situation

See questions?

Dont worry,im working on a project that will give every interested Nigerian youth the opportunity to earn good monthly.

1 Like

Re: When the available job or business becomes the desirable. by Nobody: 9:52am On Feb 01, 2016
meaning?
Re: When the available job or business becomes the desirable. by Jpreyz(m): 9:53am On Feb 01, 2016
grin I made FP on the first day of feBuhari....

#proudlyEbira

1 Like

Re: When the available job or business becomes the desirable. by Gkemz: 9:53am On Feb 01, 2016
The fact remains that your dream job or business mayn't be available due to lack of sufficient fund or other factors which could militate against you achieving what intended but notwithstanding, you can improvise with the little you have and give yourself a target for years to come. The best way to do that is to diversify and observe the changes in the market. Since you are not only one offering the service, you try to make urs more unique by repackaging it with focus on customer's need satisfaction.

1 Like

Re: When the available job or business becomes the desirable. by ayusco85(m): 9:53am On Feb 01, 2016
Toks2008:
Most of us are always eager to get a job or start a business in order to make ends meet and as we get carried away in our search,we tend to cross the line from taking up our desirable and fulfilling job,business to settling for the available anywhere belle face business or job without considering the comfort zone factor.
COMFORT ZONE
This is a very sensitive phenomenon in our lives and many of us have at one time or the other subconsciously created a comfort zone in one job or business that we are not happy or fulfilled in.
Have you ever heard some people say "I just want to take this job for a little time or start this business for just a short while" but many years after, they are still involved in that same business and still doing that same job they claimed they just want to pass time with and this is because they have subconsciously developed a comfort zone in that line of job or business.

We must ask ourselves very early in our lives what we really want to be known for, the type of business, career or job we really want for our lives and only be comfortable in that zone no matter how enticing or rewarding the interim choice of job or business may be.

Before you start any job or career at all just ask yourself these 2 questions:
1.Do i enjoy what i do?: The truth is that while the amount of money we make has become the yardstick to ascertain a good job or business,it is important to note that if you do a job or business you don't enjoy doing then you are indeed enslaving yourself no matter how huge the salary or profit margin..YOU NEED TO ENJOY WHAT YOU DO.

2.If i wake up in 20years from now and still find myself in this job or business will i be proud of myself?:
This is a very vital question because the truth is that there is absolutely nothing bad in taking up a business or job for the time being but the unfortunate twist is that in most cases,you tend to get trapped by any business or job you start even when you don't intend to and many people have woken up many years latter in life to realize that the job or business they intended doing for a short time have taken all their active period of life..Quite unfortunate
My candid advice is that you should try at ll cost to avoid any job or business you know you don't want to be identified with in the distant future and if you must take up an interim job,don't ever develop a comfort zone in that line of job or business.
Now the question many people ask is this: What type of Job can i take up?What exactly am i good at?
The Answer first lies in asking yourself what you enjoy doing,what can you do for free and you will still love to do it excellently? That is your passion and if you professionalize it with diligence,patience and tenacity,it will most likely bring you good wealth in due time except it was never your real passion.
I hope this makes sense.

Just as u ve developed a comfort zone in this ur new line of work, albeit opening threads on nairaland. Tell us is the pay worth it?

5 Likes

Re: When the available job or business becomes the desirable. by WisdomTank: 9:54am On Feb 01, 2016
Passion plays a key role in the choice of one's career path. Any job that's not in line with your passion could turn out to be a burden and if nothing is done about it, it could confine you to where you are and not where you desire to be.

Check my signature for your building POP ceiling, Wall Screeding and Pillar Designs.
Re: When the available job or business becomes the desirable. by adren(m): 9:54am On Feb 01, 2016
mods weyn push this to FP don misplace him priority..

in other news..
happy birthday to senator abio.. feferal university of technology, akure..

i cant wait to register for NYSC next week monday by 12:01am..

i want to GEt calabar by God's grace..
i hEar say calabar and benue is the synonym of eritrea
Re: When the available job or business becomes the desirable. by DesChyko: 9:54am On Feb 01, 2016
It is he who wears the shoe that knows where it pinches.
While it is good to do just what you enjoy, it is even more critical to stay in line with reality.
Necessity is the mother of invention. As long as you need the cash, you'll be comfortable with whatever you get, trust me.
A more viable article in the face of Nigerian climate would be 'How to make ends meet by all legit means'. Nigeria isn't self-sufficient enough for one to rely on comfort zone.
By the way, over 120,000 fresh graduates will be introduced into the labour market come April. Brace up or lose your job.

2 Likes

Re: When the available job or business becomes the desirable. by Bigdreams(m): 9:55am On Feb 01, 2016
Nice article.

Check my signature for a free report on How To Successfully Start A Bulk SMS Business.
Re: When the available job or business becomes the desirable. by NaLaugh: 9:55am On Feb 01, 2016
cool
Re: When the available job or business becomes the desirable. by Whizkeey(m): 9:56am On Feb 01, 2016
H
Re: When the available job or business becomes the desirable. by Dahveydson(m): 9:58am On Feb 01, 2016
We are not in an ideal society.

Once what you love doing isn't available, you pick up whatever and learn to love it as long as it pays to make ends meet. That's the reality.

2 Likes

Re: When the available job or business becomes the desirable. by Sunnycliff(m): 9:59am On Feb 01, 2016
He is a fool who could do nothing because he could do just a little. Determination and vision very strategic keys for a quantum leap in business

1 Like

Re: When the available job or business becomes the desirable. by Benjom(m): 10:00am On Feb 01, 2016
No food for a lazy man.
Re: When the available job or business becomes the desirable. by Toks2008(m): 10:00am On Feb 01, 2016
adren:

in other news..

Your last paragraph is suggestive of a misplaced priority.

2 Likes

Re: When the available job or business becomes the desirable. by DesChyko: 10:04am On Feb 01, 2016
Toks2008:

Damn.. This 'SPEAKER' dey yab ni o. shocked Remind me not to ask any question in your seminars undecided
Re: When the available job or business becomes the desirable. by emmyw(m): 10:04am On Feb 01, 2016
Ok
Re: When the available job or business becomes the desirable. by Cutehector(m): 10:04am On Feb 01, 2016
Will Nigerian graduates listen to this? No they will not.

U will see a vacancy for a customer service officer for example at nairabet, millio of job seekers will troop in.. cheesy

And funny enuf, they want just two people. Two slaves in fact!

1 Like

Re: When the available job or business becomes the desirable. by adren(m): 10:06am On Feb 01, 2016
Toks2008:

better educative topics dey to push to fp na.. besides, you just an OP
ain't hating on you nor your topic..

ain't sure if you can say that to my face when you see me one-on-one
**smiles**
Re: When the available job or business becomes the desirable. by Toks2008(m): 10:07am On Feb 01, 2016
Cutehector:
Will Nigerian graduates listen to this? No they will not.

U will see a vacancy for a customer service officer for example at nairabet, millio of job seekers will troop in.. cheesy

And funny enuf, they want just two people. Two slaves in fact!

But can we really blame them?

Most naija guys are innovative but no social security funds to sustain them while they pursue their dreams so in the bid to get by,they get a job and that will be the end of their pursuit of their passion.

too bad.

1 Like

Re: When the available job or business becomes the desirable. by ayusco85(m): 10:09am On Feb 01, 2016
adren:

in other news..

The said States u mentioned happen to be States with highest HIV and Aids patients. Good luck Jonathan in ur ultimate search

1 Like

Re: When the available job or business becomes the desirable. by legendte(m): 10:09am On Feb 01, 2016
its a season of change .......change your mindset
Re: When the available job or business becomes the desirable. by VocalWalls: 10:12am On Feb 01, 2016
My problem with graduates is how they reduce themselves to nothing...
how can you got for an interview, you are told you will be paid peanuts, and you decide to take it, so as to outsmart every other person who refuses that little amount?
there is power in unison, if every single one of them have a good self esteem, they wont get offers to receive peanuts... because at the end of the day, Comfort is directly proportional to pay...

1 Like

Re: When the available job or business becomes the desirable. by Cutehector(m): 10:14am On Feb 01, 2016
Toks2008:

But can we really blame them?

Most naija guys are innovative but no social security funds to sustain them while they pursue their dreams so in the bid to get by,they get a job and that will be the end of their pursuit of their passion.

too bad.
yea yea. Dnt u think if all the Nigerian unemployed graduates could contribute a thousand naira each to build an industry, den all of dem will be shareholders of Dat company and will be receiving dividends at d end of each month without working.. that contributed money will be put into investments dat will yield a lot of profit, especially in d agricultural and manufacturing sector

2 Likes

Re: When the available job or business becomes the desirable. by Toks2008(m): 10:20am On Feb 01, 2016
adren:

better educative topics dey to push to fp na..
besides, you just an OP

ain't hating on you nor your topic..

ain't sure if you can say that to my face when you see me one-on-one

**smiles**

lf you dont see this as educative enough then i should question your degree.

And by the way,i guess the facelessness of nairaland is a yardstick to make funny comments cos if you must know,that NYSC Khaki you are still dreaming of was worn by me 19yrs ago.

Mo ma ra ni iko ti mo ba ri e one on one.

3 Likes

Re: When the available job or business becomes the desirable. by Nobody: 10:22am On Feb 01, 2016
Its easier said than done oga op, if you don't have a choice, the available will become the most appealing.
Re: When the available job or business becomes the desirable. by Toks2008(m): 10:24am On Feb 01, 2016
Suigeneris93:
Its easier said than done oga op, if you don't have a choice, the available will become the most appealing.

lol..im sure you did not comprehend.
Re: When the available job or business becomes the desirable. by Toks2008(m): 10:27am On Feb 01, 2016
VocalWalls:
My problem with graduates is how they reduce themselves to nothing...
how can you got for an interview, you are told you will be paid peanuts, and you decide to take it, so as to outsmart every other person who refuses that little amount?
there is power in unison, if every single one of them have a good self esteem, they wont get offers to receive peanuts... because at the end of the day, Comfort is directly proportional to pay...

I agree bro..expecially in Nigeria

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Vacancies In Shell Now / UPDATED-New Job Vacancies,check And Apply / Benefits Of Professional Courses To Your CV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.