Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,763 members, 7,809,929 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:25 PM

Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole - Science/Technology (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole (46337 Views)

Blackhole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by Nobody: 9:16pm On Sep 10, 2015
One problem with you guys is that you brag about your average intelligence. Funny thing is that there millions of people here in Nigeria that have much higher IQs than you do...Spits on thread.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by brushstrokes(f): 9:17pm On Sep 10, 2015
Oahray:
yeah smiley

So that is how I forgot the email I used to register...... embarassed
Please send a mail.....
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by Nobody: 9:19pm On Sep 10, 2015
timonski:
One problem with you guys is that you brag about your average intelligence. Funny thing is that there millions of people here in Nigeria that have much higher IQs than you do...Spits on thread.

Exactly the OP is really a simpleton to be honest.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by Oahray: 11:09pm On Sep 10, 2015
brushstrokes:

So that is how I forgot the email I used to register...... embarassed
Please send a mail....

done... You can edit, if you want cheesy
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by brushstrokes(f): 5:12am On Sep 11, 2015
Oahray:
done... You can edit, if you want cheesy

Smart wink cheesy
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by ratatis(m): 2:22pm On Sep 13, 2015
Blakjewelry:

You totally right and on that 5% thing, it pains me that even though there is alot to discover, we on this side of the world might not be able to contribute anything. The only reason we go school here is just to make a living, no single drive or passion to achieve something great. I hope setup a lab someday where anybody can carry out his research. Back to issue of science, do you know that Einstein actually arrive at the conclusion on the universe work before arriving at the maths to back it up, sometimes I we are some how connected to universe in a way. Or simply some of what we see about the universe might be an illusion

Teempakguy:
Einstein had an exceptional imagination.

The mathematics was a walk in the park as it had already been developed by Poincaré. He simply borrowed it.
Now, we simply have to prove it experimentally.

Oops, we're in the wrong continent.. grin grin

It's more of intuition.
First comes the intuitive idea. Next, the Scientist looks around for the appropriate mathematical tool, among the existing ones, with which to express it.
In the absence of any suitable mathematics to express it, the Scientist creates one, if he or she is capable of doing so. Otherwise, he or she will have to wait until such a time that someone comes up with one.
Intuition is an indispensable factor in the quest for advancing the frontiers of Theoretical Physics & other disciplines.

We can see this at work in the lives of Archimedes, Newton, Einstein, etc., etc.
Here's what Einstein said :
"The supreme task of the Physicist is to arrive at those universal elementary laws from which the cosmos can be built up by pure deduction. There is no logical path to these laws; only intuition , resting on sympathetic understanding of experience, can reach them."

BTW, Newton was in a farm when he experienced his flash of intuition, do you people have to be in another continent to experience yours? grin
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by Blakjewelry(m): 2:47pm On Sep 13, 2015
ratatis:
. [b]
BTW, Newton was in a farm when he experienced his flash of intuition, do you people have to be in another continent to experience yours? grin
You had made a million discovery but it will still die with you here on this side of the world
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by ratatis(m): 3:09pm On Sep 13, 2015
Blakjewelry:

You had made a million discovery but it will still die with you here on this side of the world

You have to figure out a way of getting it across to where you want it to be - it's all part of the total package of the discovery when you're here.
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by Nobody: 5:52pm On Sep 13, 2015
ratatis:

It's more of intuition.
First comes the intuitive idea. Next, the Scientist looks around for the appropriate mathematical tool, among the existing ones, with which to express it.
In the absence of any suitable mathematics to express it, the Scientist creates one, if he or she is capable of doing so. Otherwise, he or she will have to wait until such a time that someone comes up with one.
Intuition is an indispensable factor in the quest for advancing the frontiers of Theoretical Physics & other disciplines.

We can see this at work in the lives of Archimedes, Newton, Einstein, etc., etc.
Here's what Einstein said :
"The supreme task of the Physicist is to arrive at those universal elementary laws from which the cosmos can be built up by pure deduction. There is no logical path to these laws; only intuition , resting on sympathetic understanding of experience, can reach them."

the phrase, "we're on the wrong continent" was a joke.
A whimsical statement that embodies the reality of Africa.

Of course, I totally agree with you. It is a matter of intuition. A sudden eureka moment.

One must however note, that in order to arrive at these moments, one need to cultivate a certain mindset. One must be willing to look beyond what can be seen. One must imagine.

This continent is not so keen on these qualities.
We are still far behind in human development. Our minds have not been able to grasp the true gravity of science. We cannot yet feel it as part of normal life. But rather as some distant belief. Restricted to some "geniuses" and "oyinbos"

Hence the joke. grin

I do however, believe, that in due time, the needed human subspecies needed to push us forward with science will soon become plentiful on this side of the planet. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by Blakjewelry(m): 6:09pm On Sep 13, 2015
ratatis:

You have to figure out a way of getting it across to where you want it to be - it's all part of the total package of the discovery when you're here.
No matter the packaging it won't see the light of day. Tell me which platform are you going to use to showcase or express your work. Right now we are not ready yet, even our unis are not helping matters you have to see research work being done at MIT to understand. I have seen cases where some students produces some toys and we celebrate it
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by Empedocles(m): 11:31am On Sep 14, 2015
Teempakguy:

I don't understand what you're talking about.
for instance look at the theories on d shape of d earth;at first some tot it was d back of a giant tortoise which they had proof for,now we think its spherical which we also have proof,but who knows the next generation might say its not spherical nd give proof,so nobody really knnows anything.the editor of encyclopedia brittanica 1ce with the heigth of civilization and human know how we are still as naïve and confused about the universe as tthe early men were!ponder!
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by Nobody: 12:35pm On Sep 14, 2015
timonski:
this is very very offensive. To me and pretty much every body else trying to move this section forward.
Those people with higher IQ's you're describing, where the hell are they? What are their contributions? What have they done?
You think intelligence matters in science? Pfft. undecided
It's the passion, damn it. We brag about our passion for science. Something very few people here have. You have no right to insult us. All you need to do is start your own threads. angry

Mtcheew, nonsense. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by Nobody: 12:39pm On Sep 14, 2015
Empedocles:
for instance look at the theories on d shape of d earth;at first some tot it was d back of a giant tortoise which they had proof for,now we think its spherical which we also have proof,but who knows the next generation might say its not spherical nd give proof,so nobody really knnows anything.the editor of encyclopedia brittanica 1ce with the heigth of civilization and human know how we are still as naïve and confused about the universe as tthe early men were!ponder!
the earth is spherical. cheesy we've seen it from the outside. We have pictures and everything. So, it's not science that said the earth is round. It's overwhelming evidence. smiley

Also, yeah. We are indeed naïve about the universe. But that only means we need to keep studying it. There is no reason to be pessimistic. We may never fully understand the universe, but I'm damn well that we'll get a lot about it eventually. smiley
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by johnydon22(m): 4:20pm On Sep 14, 2015
Empedocles:
for instance look at the theories on d shape of d earth;at first some tot it was d back of a giant tortoise which they had proof for!
I beg to disagree because it seem to me you are misusing the word "proof" here.

Please can you identify one "Proof" that backed up the giant turtle hypothesis...?
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by Blakjewelry(m): 8:28pm On Sep 14, 2015
Empedocles:
for instance look at the theories on d shape of d earth;at first some tot it was d back of a giant tortoise which they had proof for,now we think its spherical which we also have proof
Sorry that giant tortoise bs is not a scientific theory rather it's some ancient Hindu believe system if am not wrong
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by ratatis(m): 5:09am On Sep 15, 2015
Blakjewelry:

It is not actually a particle faster than the speed of light, rather it is confirming the part of string theory which believe particle do exist in a dual state. The experiment actually confirm that any action on one of the state of the particle actually affect the other state of particle in another lab far away instantly more like defiling the light speed limit, but it does not it only prove that the particle is inform of entangled state

@ dabosuker.

To add to that:
As Blakjewelry rightly stated, it's not a particle that travels faster than the speed of light. Rather it's the "entanglement phenomena" that is happening faster than the speed of light. In other words, two particles, separated by, say, a million miles, "know instantaneously" what affects each other, as a result of which each will change itself accordingly.
In the Double Slit Experiment, Scientists found that if a particle "thinks" that it is being monitored, it refuses to behave as wave & remains as a particle, whereas if it's not being monitored, it happily behaves like a wave & goes through two slits at the same time, suggesting that it has a ghost in another universe.
In other words, a single particle is demonstrated to be in multiple locations simultaneously.
In the Delayed Choice Experiment, the particles appeared as blobs of light or interference pattern, depending on whether the monitor is switched on or off. This means that the particle already "knows" what mode the monitor will be in before it passes through the Slit.

Many people tend to think in terms of traveling long distances in interstellar space at a speed beyond the that of light.
Since Time is like a river, which bends & flows around the universe & may also fork into two rivers, we may not need to travel long distances with a speed beyond the speed of light, after all. What we need is to develop a far advanced technology capable of producing the Planck energy that could cause us to "shift" (disappear) into another "bubble" (dimension) then reappear intact in any part of the universe.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by ratatis(m): 12:10am On Sep 17, 2015
Blakjewelry:

Yeah it is believed that the reason the force of gravity is weak is because it leaks into other universe, so creating a minute black hole here and testing of the data will actually confirm if parallel universe really exist

Yes, some Scientists believe that our gravity is a weak signal leaking out from another parallel universe into ours.

Vibrations are known to have secondary overtones.
According to the hyperspace theory, a parallel universe consists of membraneous bubble floating in an ocean of other bubbles which ripple and wobble.
Time, itself, may have whirlpools.
Findings in Quantum Physics & Cosmology have shed more light on how the mind interact with matter.

The implication?
That you & I may be existing here & some of the other universes, simultaneously; perhaps in a slightly different form. tongue
We are only aware of this one because of our dull faculties which could not perceive subtle, fine, vibrations that are co-existing with us.

1 Like

Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by ratatis(m): 1:20am On Sep 17, 2015
Oahray:
Hmmm... Even if wormholes and whiteholes turn out to be more than just unproven speculation, even if they could somehow be reproduced (in like 500 years from now), it would have very limited application on earth. Forget sci-fi movies, the frail human body cannot survive the travel through such high energy 'portals'.

Teempakguy:
true...
you do have a point.
However, understanding how these portals work can lead us to fabricate our own versions, "Low energy portals"
We can always find out why humans cannot travel through natural portals, and then create fine tuned ones through which we can .

@ Teempakguy.

Good point!
Matter is known to occur in four states, namely, solid, liquid, gaseous and physical plasma. The physical plasma state is when atoms dissolve by increasingly losing their electrons, leaving behind electrically charged particles; as is the case when hydrogen melts into helium in the hydrogen bomb.
When the transition of matter from gaseous to plasma state is achieved with high temperature, it is known as "hot plasma". Likewise, when it occurs at low temperature, it is known as " cold plasma".

It may interest you to know, that for a number of years, Russian Scientists have been doing research on cold plasma in living organisms. The Scientists call it biological plasma or bioplasma. This should not be confused with blood plasma or plasma cells, in medicine. They are entirely different.
Dr. Victor Inyushin, has done extensive research on turbulent cold plasma and has made some publications on the subject.
Also, Dr. Genady Sergeyev has done some research on the subject.

This shows that with more knowledge & advanced technology, it's plausible.
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by Geofavor(m): 1:20pm On Dec 17, 2015

nice
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by RedHand: 5:49pm On Jun 17, 2016
RobinHez:
@Johny

Since nothing can escape from a blackhole, why is matter pulled in by the blackhole pushed out through the whitehole

And for the record, I'm not fat! tongue
RECORDED
Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by leksyib14: 6:42pm On Jun 17, 2016
GRANDFATHER PARADOX: This one perfectly demonstrates the aforementioned Novikov self-consistency principle. The basic idea is that, no matter how hard you try, you can’t go back in time and kill your grandfather, because if you did, your mother or father would never have been born, which means that you would never have been born, which means you couldn’t have gone back in time and killed your grandfather, which means that you didn’t go back in time and kill your grandfather, because you can’t go back in time and kill your grandfather, because if you did, you wouldn’t be born, which you obviously have already been born because if you were never born then you couldn’t have gone back in time and tried (and failed) to kill your grandfather in the first place.

That’s just a simple and straightforward summary though. You know, in Layman’s terms.

Basically, the Grandfather paradox conveys the idea of a self-correcting universe and/or fixed points in time. Even if you were able to go back in time and, I don’t know, shoot your Grandpa in the head before he ever meets your Grandma (jeez, you must really hate that guy, huh?), your Grandfather would turn out to be an early sperm donor or something, who would still manage even posthumously to impregnate your Grandmother, because you would have to exist in order to have shot him in the head in the first place. So you might be able to fudge a few temporal details here and there, but no matter what you do, the end result stays the same.

Example: Let’s just say that when you're LOST on a magical tropical island somewhere in the Pacific Ocean (ish?) and you end up skipping through time and decide to try to kill that evil guy while he’s still a kid and/or stop a nuclear bomb you've so affectionately nicknamed “The Jughead” from exploding and causing all kinds of electromagnetic problems and inconsistencies on your already-mystical island home, the best that’s going to happen is you get some kind of weird Hindu sideways limbo reality that works as a parallel narrative to the entire last season of your television show. Oh, and that little kid you shot still turns out to be pretty evil, and it’s all your fault.

1 Like

Re: Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole by stack1(m): 11:54pm On Jun 17, 2016
All i can think.. starwars

.. Uhm, not to be off topic, but i thought i should bring it to everyones notice about a new social platform created by a Nigerian that could potntially rival the big boys in a lot of features... need i say more, head over to www.greenhouze.xyz

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) / Ten Of The Tallest Trees In The World (Pictures) / Ten of the greatest threats that could wipe out all life on Earth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.