Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,108 members, 7,825,502 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

Buhari Moves To Close Unessential Nigerian Foreign Missions - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Moves To Close Unessential Nigerian Foreign Missions (20721 Views)

FG Gazettes IPOB Ban, To Write Banks, Embassies, Foreign Missions / Nigeria Closes 5 Foreign Missions / FG Shuts Nine Foreign Missions, Rationalises Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Moves To Close Unessential Nigerian Foreign Missions by slimfit1(m): 7:53pm On Sep 08, 2015
The Nigerian house in London looks like a market place if not because of the population of Nigerians I would have loved to see it closed. It is embarrassing i can tell you that the people working there behave like animals.
Re: Buhari Moves To Close Unessential Nigerian Foreign Missions by Ghost01(m): 8:00pm On Sep 08, 2015
Very good move.
Re: Buhari Moves To Close Unessential Nigerian Foreign Missions by Nobody: 8:02pm On Sep 08, 2015
Nice move!

Need anything from Jumia?
Contact me now!
Re: Buhari Moves To Close Unessential Nigerian Foreign Missions by ruffDiamond: 8:20pm On Sep 08, 2015
grin
slimfit1:
The Nigerian house in London looks like a market place if not because of the population of Nigerians I would have loved to see it closed. It is embarrassing i can tell you that the people working there behave like animals.
on point bro most Nigerian always behave like animal especially in those places just like naija nurses in any hospital here. Pure animal I'm telling ya
Re: Buhari Moves To Close Unessential Nigerian Foreign Missions by BY1434(m): 11:00pm On Sep 08, 2015
People like you who always se evrything from myopic view of tribal and religion are the main problem and reason why we are where we are today

Whether you liike it or not,this country will be great again

kenny987:
It does appear a cost effective measure but I hope it doesn't portray a diplomatic snub/faux pas. Real diplomacy must be applied here. Inefficiency and poor work ethics are the problem of those working for the Nigerian govt. That should be dealt with so that all foreign commissions and government offices generally are properly and efficiently run.

Those that ask Nigerians to revert to neighbouring countries, at what cost and borne by whom?

I will reserve comments on possible religious and tribal undertones till I see what plans there are.
Re: Buhari Moves To Close Unessential Nigerian Foreign Missions by Nobody: 11:23pm On Sep 08, 2015
hansad:
Nigeria has no need for foreign mission in Kuwait, Morocco, Tunisia, Jamaica, Indonesia, Mauritania, Iran, Iraq, Syria, Yemen, Somalia, West Indies, and many other countries like the above where Nigerians hardly visit, talk less settle.
are sure we dnt trade with some of these countries?
Re: Buhari Moves To Close Unessential Nigerian Foreign Missions by kenny987(f): 11:35pm On Sep 08, 2015
Is there a problem? Did u even read properly? Did my comment suggest any tribal or religious view? And even if it did is it not a reality in Nigeria today? Has any miracle occurred to make things look different? I was charitable enough not to make any allegation until there is evidence to that effect so what exactly is your problem?

It is rather people like u that shy away from the truth! Call a spade a spade and stop attempting to me more Catholic than the Pope! Religion and tribalism are core factors that affect/colour almost any decision in Nigeria whether u like it or not. It is unfortunate but unavoidable cos we have been identified by our different tribes n religions from day one. Speak or acknowledge d truth and don't keep hiding under the sand. It is actually people like u that destroy Nigeria with ur half-truths and pretences.

BY1434:
People like you who always se evrything from myopic view of tribal and religion are the main problem and reason why we are where we are today

Whether you liike it or not,this country will be great again

Re: Buhari Moves To Close Unessential Nigerian Foreign Missions by delishpot: 11:46pm On Sep 08, 2015
I support
Re: Buhari Moves To Close Unessential Nigerian Foreign Missions by uncolonized106: 12:21am On Sep 09, 2015
Sai buhari
Re: Buhari Moves To Close Unessential Nigerian Foreign Missions by Gynacologist(m): 4:28am On Sep 09, 2015
Segadem:
Good move
Baba is trying to reposition the country to its rightful position,though it will AFFECT some people but its EFFECT on the nation will be great.
nice use of words.
Re: Buhari Moves To Close Unessential Nigerian Foreign Missions by favourlove1: 6:55am On Sep 09, 2015
What nice move pls? Do you knw what it means not to have a place to go to if your experiencing diplomatic challenges? I pray none of you wount experience that. Wht these missions need is proper funding monitoring n competent personnel. Closing them down wount help the countrys citizens in those countries. Buhari in a bid to cut cost should not create a problem for the country in the future.
Re: Buhari Moves To Close Unessential Nigerian Foreign Missions by yayankainuwa: 9:12am On Sep 09, 2015
modath:

Why on earth do we have a mission in Benin Republic..

BENIN!!!!!! Reallyyyyyyyyyyy
Have you forgotten Asari has an interest there?
Re: Buhari Moves To Close Unessential Nigerian Foreign Missions by urchmanx(m): 9:47am On Sep 09, 2015
What cost will the government save by closing down their cooperate offices in other country. Most people saying supported are in Nigeria. If you are outside Nigeria pray not to be in a deplomatic flor. Ask Nigerians in Libya what the experienced when the crisis was going on. Because I believe the will call on countries like Libya to be closed down. Imagine what will happen if the embassy was closed down.
Re: Buhari Moves To Close Unessential Nigerian Foreign Missions by bashydemy(m): 11:38am On Sep 09, 2015
What a bold and good move from my President...
Re: Buhari Moves To Close Unessential Nigerian Foreign Missions by Nobody: 8:50am On Sep 10, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes / Inec’s Unpreparedness Marred Polls, Says AU Observers / You Should Explain To Nigerians Why BVAS Developed Many Faults, Csos Tell INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.