Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

Should Parents Be Held Responsible For Their School-going Children's Discipline? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Should Parents Be Held Responsible For Their School-going Children's Discipline? (1787 Views)

Kogi State University Students Protest Closure Of Their School (Photos) / Jamb:Posting Of Candidates To Their School Of Choice / Where Is Our Primary School Going To? Epic Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should Parents Be Held Responsible For Their School-going Children's Discipline? by OmniPotens(m): 6:15pm On Sep 08, 2015
Now, I say that Parents Should NOT Be Held Responsible For Their School-going Children's Discipline Problem. I have my few reasons for this.

Children should develop their own Individual Responsibility earlier.
It should be so, because children should be taught to be less dependent to their parents and to other elders in such a way that they learn to behave by themselves. For a child, it is very common to commit mistakes. By this, parents should know how to resolve such situations and teach their children do the right thing. In this manner, children would be developing their responsibility.

Children usually have the attitude of Authority Aversion.
At this point, children usually don't listen to their parents. And so, we can see how parents are not responsible to their children's discipline problems in school but their children themselves are. I just want to point out here that these children are in a certain school to learn and to be educated. By it, I mean that children are the only one that should be held responsible for their own actions.

Failures can never be avoided.
We cannot expect parents to watch over their children all over the day. So, we can say the parents never should be held responsible for the reason that they are not always their for their children. Even though the parents are the one who knows the children best and the ones who taught and raised up their children but we can expect some parental responsibility failure at this time. We cannot assure every parents to be teaching every good attitude to their children.

And so, by these points it can be stated that Parents Should NOT Be Held Responsible For Their School-going Children's Discipline Problem.

Do you agree to this?

Post culled from ePortalNG [https://eportal.ng/post/should-parents-be-held-responsible-for-their-school-going-childrens-discipline-problem/]

(1) (Reply)

Work And Study In France / Top 10 Easiest Courses In Nigerian Universities That You Can Study / See The Bra That Can Save Your Life!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.