Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

Mary's Command For Catholics - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mary's Command For Catholics (56935 Views)

Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most / Prophetess Mary Olubori Twerks For Her Husband (Pics + Video) / Messages From The Lord For Catholics Worshiping Idols (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Nobody: 8:57am On Sep 10, 2015
italo:

*please give a straight answer to this question:

What is the pillar and foundation of truth?

The Church or the Bible?

@misreal, please answer too. @dmandy, please watch this space.

smiley

In 3 D.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Nobody: 9:16am On Sep 10, 2015
dmandy:

God bless you for the bold. If you have found the truth, hold on to it but STOP assuming that you are the only one who has.

Glad you know that the church is the pillar of truth, yet you open threads to lie against the church. If you really want to understand what the Catholic church is doing, 'pay a visit'.

Lied? Where? Read my message again....you don't get it do you? I never said that Roman Catholic is the Household of God! Smh, read the scriptures I quoted carefully!

The entire household of God is "Christ + His Bride" and all is built on the foundation of the Apostles and Prophets with Jesus Christ Himself as the Head and Chief cornerstone! It has nothing to do with any denominational Church anywhere.

I hate arguing with people who don't study their Bible. Study to shew thyself approved unto God........Stop deceiving yourself!

2 Timothy 2:15

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Nobody: 9:20am On Sep 10, 2015
DoubleDeeX:

Lied? Where? Read my message again....you don't get it do you? I never said that Roman Catholic is the Household of God! Smh, read the scriptures I quoted carefully!

The entire household of God is "Christ + His Bride" and all is built on the foundation of the Apostles and Prophets with Jesus Christ Himself as the Head and Chief cornerstone! It has nothing to do with any denominational Church anywhere.

I hate arguing with people who don't study their Bible. Study to shew thyself approved unto God........Stop deceiving yourself!

2 Timothy 2:15

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

How easy, to say the bold. Since you study the Bible, why not come clean with Christ + His Bride?

By Christ, do you mean the word of God (which is the Bible) and by 'His Bride' do you mean the church?
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by misreal(m): 9:29am On Sep 10, 2015
italo:

5. Where did you get the bold from?

6. Do you know that it was the Church that wrote the NT?

7. Who declared the NT closed?

8. When did the Holy Spirit stop inspiring men to write scripture?
5.. who taught you to pray the rosary
6.yes
7.The new testament has not been declared closed sir.it will be closed at the second coming of Christ.
8..when did the holy ghost go to sleep?can you even differentiate between the writings that were inspired by the holy spirit,And an ordinary writings.I think if you could,You won't be asking this silly questions.

1 Like

Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Nobody: 9:49am On Sep 10, 2015
misreal:
6.yes
7.The new testament has not been declared closed sir.it will be closed at the second coming of Christ.
8..when did the holy ghost go to sleep?can you even differentiate between the writings that were inspired by the holy spirit,And an ordinary writings.I think if you could,You won't be asking this silly questions.

5. Its not proper to answer questions with questions. However, Jesus, Gabriel, Holy Spirit, Elizabeth and the church taught me to pray the rosary.

6. The same church that teaches error?

7. Good, the new testament is this ongoing.

8. Again, it's unfair to social ethics to answer questions with another. The holy spirit has not slept, No. Yes, I can ONLY by the help of the holy spirit, who inspires.

Now, you fight. If I have to learn from you, then you have answer questions even if it seems foolish. You should know this by now, follow the example of the Master.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by nnatom: 9:54am On Sep 10, 2015
misreal:
6.yes

I dnt knw who is being silly here.so are u saying u can determine which is inspired by d holy spirit.and wht are ur criteria For determining dat cos I knw there are so many inspired writing u have debunked so pls I will like to knw how determine urs
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by misreal(m): 10:40am On Sep 10, 2015
nnatom:

I dnt knw who is being silly here.so are u saying u can determine which is inspired by d holy spirit.and wht are ur criteria For determining dat cos I knw there are so many inspired writing u have debunked so pls I will like to knw how determine urs
yes I can..I know when the spirit of error is at work..
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Nobody: 10:42am On Sep 10, 2015
mary the wife of jesus
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by VLadipo: 12:58pm On Sep 10, 2015
dmandy:

That is what She said o and that my friend is what the Catholic church is doing.

I don't get you.

Mary's command was/is that we should do whatever Jesus says we should do.

Did Jesus say we should worship or pray to the Father through Mary?

Did Jesus ever say we should beg Mary to pray for us?
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Nobody: 1:07pm On Sep 10, 2015
VLadipo:

I don't get you.

Mary's command was/is that we should do whatever Jesus says we should do.

Did Jesus say we should worship or pray to the Father through Mary?

Did Jesus ever say we should beg Mary to pray for us?

I got you.

1. Yes, Mary said we should do whatever Jesus says, and that is what we do. If you don't understand anything, you ask.

2. No, Jesus, never said we should worship Mary. And the Catholic church never told anybody to do so, either, anybody doing so is in error and Catholic church condemns such idolatory.

3. While Jesus was inside of Mary, she prophesied that 'henceforth, all generations (including mine) shall call her blessed. That is what the Church teach.

4. Yes, Jesus commanded us his followers (of which Mary is one) to pray for another.

5. Yes, If Jesus said we should pray for one another, sure then I can beg anyone (including Mary) to pray for me.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by VLadipo: 1:29pm On Sep 10, 2015
dmandy:

I got you.

1. Yes, Mary said we should do whatever Jesus says, and that is what we do. If you don't understand anything, you ask.

2. No, Jesus, never said we should worship Mary. And the Catholic church never told anybody to do so, either, anybody doing so is in error and Catholic church condemns such idolatory.

3. While Jesus was inside of Mary, she prophesied that 'henceforth, all generations (including mine) shall call her blessed. That is what the Church teach.

4. Yes, Jesus commanded us his followers (of which Mary is one) to pray for another.

5. Yes, If Jesus said we should pray for one another, sure then I can beg anyone (including Mary) to pray for me.

But you would agree with me that the Catholic church has given Mary undue reverence and regard equalling if not more than that given the Holy Trinity - The Father, The Son and Holy Ghost.
Why don't you beg Elizabeth (the first person who was filled with the Holy Spirit when she heard the voice of her cousin, Mary, thereby causing her to prophecy) to pray for you?
Why don't you beg John the Beloved(closest person to Jesus ever and most loved by Him) to pray for you?
Why don't you beg Apostle Paul (most used of the apostles) to pray for you?

It has always been Mary.
And you even call her the mother of God! Damn!!

3 Likes

Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Jeromejnr(m): 1:50pm On Sep 10, 2015
VLadipo:

But you would agree with me that the Catholic church has given Mary undue reverence and regard equalling if not more than that given the Holy Trinity - The Father, The Son and Holy Ghost.
Why don't you beg Elizabeth (the first person who was filled with the Holy Spirit when she heard the voice of her cousin, Mary, thereby causing her to prophecy) to pray for you?
Why don't you beg John the Beloved(closest person to Jesus ever and most loved by Him) to pray for you?

It has always been Mary.

Its a very sad thing.

Many folks have been brainwashed with useless traditions of men. That's why we hardly see the power we are supposed to in church today.

People being on wheel chairs with get old and die in those chairs never getting out because that particular church has left the supernatural and gone over in to carnal.

Well, the truth is you can't help everyone. Most people will have to first die and see they've been living a lie all along.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Nobody: 2:33pm On Sep 10, 2015
VLadipo:

It has always been Mary.

1. Undue reverence? I don't know the criteria for measuring the quantity that is due and undue for her?

2. Regard her equal to the Holy Trinity? waoh, are you serious?

3. St. Elizabeth, sure I do ask her to pray for me. You have any problem with that?

4. St. Paul? Of course I do. St. Paul the Apostle, please pray for me.

5. It has always been Mary, my brother, no be my fault na. Na Jesus cause am o..He told me 'Behold your Mother'. Settle that with him.

6. Mother of God, My brother, what can I do na? The Holy Spirit called her Mother of Jesus (our lord), and the same Bible said that Jesus is God. You can settle that with the Holy Spirit.

7. Damn, I don't know exactly what to damn now. Anyways, lets join hands together and DAMN the Devil, being 'one' as Jesus our Lord and Savior commanded. And do away with quarrels that don't add anything to our salvation nor spirituality.

3 Likes

Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by italo: 2:37pm On Sep 10, 2015
VLadipo:

It has always been Mary.

Your statements show that you are ignorant of the topic at hand.

1. We ask all the saints to pray for us, not just Mary.

2. Mary is the Mother of God because Jesus is God.

3. What is the undue reverence we give her that equals that we give God?

1 Like

Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Nobody: 2:38pm On Sep 10, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Its a very sad thing.

Many folks have been brainwashed with useless traditions of men. That's why we hardly see the power we are supposed to in church today.

People being on wheel chairs with get old and die in those chairs never getting out because that particular church has left the supernatural and gone over in to carnal.

Well, the truth is you can't help everyone. Most people will have to first die and see they've been living a lie all along.

My good friend,

Listen to Yahweh "I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion." You cannot detect for Him

The Race for salvation is personal, work out yours in fear and trembling but don't forget to confess your sins to another, pray for one another and give everyone proper respect.

The rest we shall discuss in heaven.

Be of good cheer bro.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by italo: 2:43pm On Sep 10, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Its a very sad thing.

Maybe that's why scientists have recorded countless healings among those who go to Lourdes, the site of a Marian apparition.

They are not carnal, like what you see in your church.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Jeromejnr(m): 2:48pm On Sep 10, 2015
italo:

Maybe that's why scientists have recorded countless healings among those who go to Lourdes, the site of a Marian apparition.

They are not carnal, like what you see in your church.

Yea, Buddhists also get healing and also scientologists. So there's no point there.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Nobody: 3:52pm On Sep 10, 2015
Just came back to say thank you once again to the OP, Hope you don't mind, I have edited and printed out the write up.

It's gonna help me teach my young Catholics the reason to multiply their love for Mother Mary.

If you need a copy of my edited post you can send me a pm.

Love you all.

I'm out of here.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by italo: 4:14pm On Sep 10, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Yea, Buddhists also get healing and also scientologists. So there's no point there.

Then there's no point in your initial post too.

Jeromejnr:

Its a very sad thing.

Since healing is not the way to know the true Church.

You fell for the trick.
cheesy
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Jeromejnr(m): 4:22pm On Sep 10, 2015
italo:

Then there's no point in your initial post too.

Since healing is not the way to know the true Church.

You fell for the trick.
cheesy

Erm, Mr. Man.

Preaching and Healings are the foundation of the Gospel/Good news. You can't fully preach the gospel without Miracles.

Matt 9:35 "Jesus went through all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom and healing every disease and sickness."

Rom 15:19 "They were convinced by the power of miraculous signs and wonders and by the power of God's Spirit. In this way, I have fully presented the Good News of Christ from Jerusalem all the way to Illyricum."

Lk 4:18 "The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free,"

So if you guys are not experiencing all this, the Lord is wondering what you people are doing in the Church.

And you guys are just wasting your time. cool

So from what I know, none of you has testified to raising the dead, getting up from wheelchairs e.t.c. Just normal diseases like headaches which other religions can cure.

So there was no trick.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by VLadipo: 4:25pm On Sep 10, 2015
dmandy:

1. Undue reverence? I don't know the criteria for measuring the quantity that is due and undue for her?

My point remains that you the 'honour' you catholics give Mary goes beyond the ordinary.
Her statues flood your churches even more than that of Jesus.
Isnt that idolatry?
The Lord disowned Mary as his mother when she, along with His brethren, came looking for Him.
Rather, He pointed at those listening to Him as His mother and brethren.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Nobody: 4:27pm On Sep 10, 2015
VLadipo:

My point remains that you the 'honour' you catholics give Mary goes beyond the ordinary.
Isnt that idolatry?
The Lord disowned Mary as his mother when she, along with His brethren, came looking for Him.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by italo: 4:45pm On Sep 10, 2015
dmandy:

Erm, Mr. Man.

Preaching and Healings are the foundation of the Gospel/Good news. You can't fully preach the gospel without Miracles.

Matt 9:35 "Jesus went through all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom and healing every disease and sickness."

Rom 15:19 "They were convinced by the power of miraculous signs and wonders and by the power of God's Spirit. In this way, I have fully presented the Good News of Christ from Jerusalem all the way to Illyricum."

Lk 4:18 "The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free,"

So if you guys are not experiencing all this, the Lord is wondering what you people are doing in the Church.

And you guys are just wasting your time.
2Cor12:9 Therefore, that I might not become too elated,* a thorn in the flesh was given to me, an angel of Satan, to beat me, to keep me from being too elated.
8 Three times* I begged the Lord about this, that it might leave me,c
9 * but he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness.”

So St. Paul was wasting his time too. Well done with your heresy.

dmandy:

So from what I know, none of you has testified to raising the dead, getting up from wheelchairs e.t.c. Just normal diseases like headaches which other religions can cure.

So there was no trick.
And you don't know beyond your nose.

Why don't you show me the dead you have raised?
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by italo: 4:59pm On Sep 10, 2015
VLadipo:

Isnt that idolatry?

May the Lord forgive you for what you have let hatred for Catholicism turn you to.

Amen.

4 Likes

Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Aizenosa(m): 5:29pm On Sep 10, 2015
misreal:
the church sir.if you read your bible regularly,you would have discovered that the church is the gathering of brethren which does not portray any form of denominationalism.

The more I read posts by dumb people who are confused like u I shake my head, what does 2nd Thess 2:15 say and what does John 21:25 say may ur eyes be opened
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Aizenosa(m): 5:31pm On Sep 10, 2015
Remove false miracles from ur churches and trust me 3/4 of u protestants will turn pagans
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by misreal(m): 5:40pm On Sep 10, 2015
Aizenosa:

The more I read posts by dumb people who are confused like u I shake my head, what does 2nd Thess 2:15 say and what does John 21:25 say may ur eyes be opened
even if I was wrong,I will never listen to a person who uses abuses as a form of evangelism.you need to be born again sir..go back and read the whole of 2nd thess2 and understand what it is talking about, and stop quoting scriptures out of context.

1 Like

Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Aizenosa(m): 6:24pm On Sep 10, 2015
misreal:
even if I was wrong,I will never listen to a person who uses abuses as a form of evangelism.you need to be born again sir..go back and read the whole of 2nd thess2 and understand what it is talking about, and stop quoting scriptures out of context.

Then maybe u urself need to understand what you have said cuz u blatantly refuse to agree with what you call ur source of truth which all u protestant rightly claimed
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by italo: 6:28pm On Sep 10, 2015
@misreal, welcome back. These questions which you ran away from are still pending o.

1. So where is the Church that is the pillar and foundation of truth? It vanished? Does it also teach error? And who told you the Rosary is error? The Trinity told you that?

2. Then how can you say with certainty that the Rosary is an error when Jesus taught me that. Why are you here taking their place and judging right and wrong interpretation?

3. But that is exactly what happened in 382AD under Pope Damascus in the Synod of Rome. The Catholic Church chose the books to be in the Bible and the books not to be in the Bible out of the many books that were in circulation.

4. Please just answer, so that we can arrive at the truth. When Luther removed 7 books, did he change the Bible?

5. Jesus. Now can you tell me who told you that if the Church teaches something not aligned with the bible, it's error? It's okay if you say nobody told you.

6. So if the Church teach error, it's bible writings probably contain error. No?

7&8. Are you saying the Holy Spirit is still inspiring men to write scriptures apart from the books of the Bible? Mention one of these books, please?

4 Likes

Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Aizenosa(m): 6:37pm On Sep 10, 2015
misreal:

Plus u said out of context good now I want to ask all u sola scriptural people in the book of Mark 9:2-13 it's claims Christ went up to the mountain with Peter, James and John now I beg u pls show me where John wrote about it in his gospel cuz he was there ?
since u have refused to to agree with what I said as quoting out of context
I humbly await your answer
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by misreal(m): 6:53pm On Sep 10, 2015
italo:
@misreal, welcome back. These questions which you ran away from are still pending o.

1. So where is the Church that is the pillar and foundation of truth? It vanished? Does it also teach error? And who told you the Rosary is error? The Trinity told you that?

2. Then how can you say with certainty that the Rosary is an error when Jesus taught me that. Why are you here taking their place and judging right and wrong interpretation?

3. But that is exactly what happened in 382AD under Pope Damascus in the Synod of Rome. The Catholic Church chose the books to be in the Bible and the books not to be in the Bible out of the many books that were in circulation.

4. Please just answer, so that we can arrive at the truth. When Luther removed 7 books, did he change the Bible?

5. Jesus. Now can you tell me who told you that if the Church teaches something not aligned with the bible, it's error? It's okay if you say nobody told you.

6. So if the Church teach error, it's bible writings probably contain error. No?

7&8. Are you saying the Holy Spirit is still inspiring men to write scriptures apart from the books of the Bible? Mention one of these books, please?
the kingdom of God is not by arguments sir,but by demonstration of power.if I answer your question,will it change your thoughts about Catholicism??.. I am tired,don't quote me again oga italo

1 Like

Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by misreal(m): 6:54pm On Sep 10, 2015
Aizenosa:

Then maybe u urself need to understand what you have said cuz u blatantly refuse to agree with what you call ur source of truth which all u protestant rightly claimed
read my response to italo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply)

Reigning Queen Esther At Chris Okotie's Household Of God Church / Writing Exam In The Dream / Masquerade Dances With Pastors And Church Members In Church (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.