Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,932 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

Mary's Command For Catholics - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mary's Command For Catholics (56927 Views)

Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most / Prophetess Mary Olubori Twerks For Her Husband (Pics + Video) / Messages From The Lord For Catholics Worshiping Idols (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Jeromejnr(m): 7:24pm On Sep 10, 2015
misreal:
the kingdom of God is not by arguments sir,but by demonstration of power.if I answer your question,will it change your thoughts about Catholicism??.. I am tired,don't quote me again oga italo

I love that.

All this empty talks and made religions that displays no power. Yet they love the ignorance and powerlessness.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by misreal(m): 8:18pm On Sep 10, 2015
Jeromejnr:

I love that.

All this empty talks and made religions that displays no power. Yet they love the ignorance and powerlessness.
I know many catholics who were once adamant.it took a display of the power of the holy host to convince them.now some of them are pastors, operating in the power of God too..some abandoned the seminary sef.so I don't like fairy tales chstianity because it doesn't change nothing.

1 Like

Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Jeromejnr(m): 8:23pm On Sep 10, 2015
misreal:
I know many catholics who were once adamant.it took a display of the power of the holy host to convince them.now some of them are pastors, operating in the power of God too..some abandoned the seminary sef.so I don't like fairy tales chstianity because it doesn't change nothing.

You just got yourself a follower. cool

I love it when people beleive in the true power of God that changes things and not the empty motivational talks we here on pulpits today that people call preaching.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by VLadipo: 9:07pm On Sep 10, 2015
dmandy:

And what do you call that if not disowning of Mary?

Infact, when in Luke 11:27-28, when a woman in the company, out of excitement with His sermon, lifted up her voice and said "Blessed are the paps(breasts) which ye sucked", Jesus objected saying "Yea, rather blessed are they that hear the word and keep it".

So you see, Jesus placed more value on His followers(those who hear His Word and keep it) than Mary.

1 Like

Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by VLadipo: 9:26pm On Sep 10, 2015
italo:

May the Lord forgive you for what you have let hatred for Catholicism turn you to.

Amen.

You are living in error. You need to come out of it.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Aizenosa(m): 10:01pm On Sep 10, 2015
Dis is what makes me feel very sorry for u all anyway let sleeping dogs lie, but pls don't play with someone's faith I have experienced both sides and I know truth when I see it. The power of God is never limited so don't limit Him with ur ideas and thoughts
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by VLadipo: 10:28am On Sep 11, 2015
Aizenosa:
Dis is what makes me feel very sorry for u all anyway let sleeping dogs lie, but pls don't play with someone's faith I have experienced both sides and I know truth when I see it.

So which side are you now?
My brother, Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life.
And nobody can come to the Father except by Him.
Also, we don't need any intermediary to approach Him(Jesus).
These are scripture-established facts.

1 Like

Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by VLadipo: 10:42am On Sep 11, 2015
Jeromejnr:

You are right.I cant help everyone.

But we real Christians have a responsibility to make sure everybody hears or is aware of the truth so that on the judgment day nobody will give 'I didnt know' as an excuse.

I was handed the tract on my way to work.Seeing the headline, I felt like trashing it thinking it was pro-catholic until I skimmed through and realised it wasnt.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Nobody: 11:06am On Sep 11, 2015
VLadipo:

You are right.I cant help everyone.

But we real Christians have a responsibility to make sure everybody hears or is aware of the truth so that on the judgment day nobody will give 'I didnt know' as an excuse.

I was handed the tract on my way to work.Seeing the headline, I felt like trashing it thinking it was pro-catholic until I skimmed through and realised it wasnt.

The above words, speak volumes.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Nobody: 11:21am On Sep 11, 2015
VLadipo:

And what do you call that if not disowning of Mary?

Infact, when in Luke 11:27-28, when a woman in the company, out of excitement with His sermon, lifted up her voice and said "Blessed are the paps(breasts) which ye sucked", Jesus objected saying "Yea, rather blessed are they that hear the word and keep it".

So you see, Jesus placed more value on His followers(those who hear His Word and keep it) than Mary.

(1) No, I won't call it disown. My Lord cannot disown his own mother. He was the same person that thought to you to honour your own mother. He is not a double standard God.
(2) I would rather say that He is calling you to obedience to the word of God (just like His Mother did). Thinkk 'Let it be done to me according to your Word (Jesus), think 'Do whatever (Jesus) tells you.
(3) Don't let hatred of Catholics drag you to call Jesus double standard or curse her whom all generations call blessed.
(4) Yea, to Vladipo means disown. Sorry, what hatred has done to you. Yea, means 'yes', 'you are right' but she is not only blessed because she is the mother of Jesus, but because she heard the word of God and believed. 'Yea' you too Vladipo can be more blessed if you hear the word " and obey it" not "and twist it".

If someone says that you are a kid, can you deny the statement by saying 'yea'? (I'm not calling you a kid o) Think Bro, make use of the brain.

(5) Really, and Mary, to the best of your knowledge, is not a follower of Jesus. The Bible clearly called Mary a disciple. Stop hating her, she means well. She was present (with the other disciples) on the day of Pentecost praying for the descent of the holy spirit (which has already overshadowed her and which she had even transferred to some people) before you knew whom the holy spirit is. Follow her footsteps and 'obey'. simple.

I love your article, though. But she advices you too to listen Jesus and do whatever He tells you including "love your neighbor as yourself"

1 Like

Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by italo: 2:26pm On Sep 11, 2015
VLadipo:

You are living in error. You need to come out of it.

Say the one who said Jesus disowned Mary as his mother. smiley
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by italo: 2:36pm On Sep 11, 2015
VLadipo:

So which side are you now?
My brother, Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life.
And nobody can come to the Father except by Him.
Also, we don't need any intermediary to approach Him(Jesus).
These are scripture-established facts.

So the Holy Spirit was wrong in telling us to pray for one another?

smiley
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by italo: 2:43pm On Sep 11, 2015
misreal:

I know many pentecostal/ protestant "pastors" who have become Catholics.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Nobody: 2:44pm On Sep 11, 2015
italo:

Say the one who said Jesus disowned Mary as his mother. smiley

Maybe Vladipo was the lawyer that signed the disownment papers.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by italo: 2:48pm On Sep 11, 2015
Jeromejnr:

I love that.

Don't blame us for not advertising staged miracles on TV like your pastor in South Africa who gave you petrol to drink claiming he had turned it into pine apple juice...and the one in Brazil who asked your mothers and sisters to suck "anointed milk" from his manhood.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by italo: 2:49pm On Sep 11, 2015
dmandy:

Maybe Vladipo was the lawyer that signed the disownment papers.

I tire. smiley
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Jeromejnr(m): 2:59pm On Sep 11, 2015
italo:

Don't blame us for not advertising staged miracles on TV like your pastor in South Africa who gave you petrol to drink claiming he had turned it into pine apple juice...and the one in Brazil who asked your mothers and sisters to suck "anointed milk" from his manhood.

But yet when many Catholic folks are sick, especilly the women, they run to the pentecostals for their miracles because they couldn't get one at their own place of worship.

The Irony.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Nobody: 3:02pm On Sep 11, 2015
italo:

Lolz,

All these done while speaking in tongues o.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Nobody: 3:05pm On Sep 11, 2015
Jeromejnr:

But yet when many Catholic folks are sick, especilly the women, they run to the pentecostals for their miracles because they couldn't get one at their own place of worship.

The Irony.

True talk, yet so many Pentecostals flock catholic churches and adoration centers for healing and miracles. That is no criteria to go by. People get healing when they have faith in God. It is God who heals, not any man.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Jeromejnr(m): 3:08pm On Sep 11, 2015
dmandy:

True talk, yet so many Pentecostals flock catholic churches and adoration centers for healing and miracles. That is no criteria to go by. People get healing when they have faith in God. It is God who heals, not any man.

Haha!

I never see that one o. Adoration ko. So pentecostals will leave an atmosphere for miracles to go to where they down to a stature and almost keep silent all day long.

I don go there before na. When I was dating a Catholic chick. Nothing dey go on for that place.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Nobody: 3:10pm On Sep 11, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Haha!

I never see that one o. Adoration ko. So pentecostals will leave an atmosphere for miracles to go to where they down to a stature and almost keep silent all day long.

I don go there before na. When I was dating a Catholic chick. Nothing dey go on for that place.

Waoh....

You never see?

How truthful can you be?
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Jeromejnr(m): 3:12pm On Sep 11, 2015
dmandy:

Waoh....

You never see?

How truthful can you be?

100℅ truthful.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Nobody: 3:16pm On Sep 11, 2015
Jeromejnr:

100℅ truthful.

You may be speaking the truth, I don't have reasons to doubt you.

But the truth remains that a whole lot of you guys flock catholic churches and adoration centers where you have statues for healing. That my brother is true. I am telling you what of I have seen.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Jeromejnr(m): 3:20pm On Sep 11, 2015
dmandy:

You may be speaking the truth, I don't have reasons to doubt you.

But the truth remains that a whole lot of you guys flock catholic churches and adoration centers where you have statues for healing. That my brother is true. I am telling you what of I have seen.

Okay. No problemo.

Its just now I am knowing you guys have statues for healing. So is it that you guys have faith in the statues or wat?
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Nobody: 3:36pm On Sep 11, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Okay. No problemo.

Its just now I am knowing you guys have statues for healing. So is it that you guys have faith in the statues or wat?

You derail the thread again.

No, Catholics have faith in God not any statue.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Jeromejnr(m): 3:44pm On Sep 11, 2015
dmandy:

You derail the thread again.

No, Catholics have faith in God not any statue.

So why go to the statue? What does the statue do?
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Nobody: 3:50pm On Sep 11, 2015
Jeromejnr:

So why go to the statue? What does the statue do?

I am glad you asked.

The statues and pictures help me remember the person bearing represented by the image.

why do I have to remember them?

I mediate on their lives and virtues to help me run my race for salvation.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Jeromejnr(m): 3:54pm On Sep 11, 2015
dmandy:

I am glad you asked.

The statues and pictures help me remember the person bearing represented by the image.

why do I have to remember them?

I mediate on their lives and virtues to help me run my race for salvation.

But God said, no image should be made in any likeness of anything thing whether in heaven or on earth. That was why He appeared to Moses in a similitude.

And how do you know the faces represented on the statue is Mary or Jesus? Have you seen them before? What if those images were made after that of Roman gods or a man? Then you would be bowing down to a man.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Nobody: 4:02pm On Sep 11, 2015
Jeromejnr:

But God said, no image should be made in any likeness of anything thing whether in heaven or on earth.
Really, do you snap picture? Are you not on earth?
God said don't make images and bow down and worship them.
Jeromejnr:
That was why He appeared to Moses in a similitude. .

I am glad you know. That is why He is God.

Jeromejnr:
And how do you know the faces represented on the statue is Mary or Jesus? Have you seen them before?.
No, I have not. Its only an image to help me remember them. I haven't seen Buhari before, but I have his image in my room. Anytime I see it I remember the president and I pray for my country. I have never seen the pope before, there is an image they say is him, whether picture or on TV screen. Image is image.
Jeromejnr:
What if those images were made after that of Roman gods or a man?.
What you call your image is what it answers. If you make an image of a goat, and say this represents a lion, if you see it, you think of a lion.
Jeromejnr:
Then you would be bowing down to a man.

I don't bow down to image. The church doesn't teach us that. You only bow down and worship the God.

1 Like

Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Jeromejnr(m): 4:06pm On Sep 11, 2015
dmandy:

Really, do you snap picture? Are you not on earth?
God said don't make images and bow down and worship them.

I am glad you know. That is why He is God.

No, I have not. Its only an image to help me remember them. I haven't seen Buhari before, but I have his image in my room. Anytime I see it I remember the president and I pray for my country. I have never seen the pope before, there is an image they say is him, whether picture or on TV screen. Image is image.

What you call your image is what it answers. If you make an image of a goat, and say this represents a lion, if you see it, you think of a lion.

I don't bow down to image. The church doesn't teach us that. You only bow down and worship the God.

I really don't have time now to answer all this. But what I will just say is:

Paganism.
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Nobody: 4:08pm On Sep 11, 2015
Jeromejnr:

I really don't have time now to answer all this. But what I will just say is:

Paganism.

okay.

No, there is nothing to answer above.

Okay, this is for you to answer, hope you can manufacture a little time.

You believe making images is paganism, and you take pictures of yourself. Are you a pagan?
Re: Mary's Command For Catholics by Jeromejnr(m): 9:33pm On Sep 11, 2015
dmandy:

okay.

No, there is nothing to answer above.

Okay, this is for you to answer, hope you can manufacture a little time.

You believe making images is paganism, and you take pictures of yourself. Are you a pagan?

So you took picture of Mary or Jesus?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply)

Reigning Queen Esther At Chris Okotie's Household Of God Church / Writing Exam In The Dream / Masquerade Dances With Pastors And Church Members In Church (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.