Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,790 members, 7,820,773 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Anatomy And the Epidemic Of Techy Guys On Nairaland. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Anatomy And the Epidemic Of Techy Guys On Nairaland. (972 Views)

Data Service Guys On Nairaland Willing To Assist You With Free Data Purchase (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anatomy And the Epidemic Of Techy Guys On Nairaland. by donhils: 10:06pm On Sep 08, 2015
Lie Detector needed!!!
Some time ago, every chic I spoke to told me she was a model (in my mind I'll be like inukwa model). Now, the trending thing among our ladies and gentlemen is "I'm a techy guy" and after that you would want to hear some really techy stuff from the guy and he'll say just normal thing that every other person could've said. You see them spamming everywhere with their nuisance posts like: how to make a call, how to get 33k from MTN, how to sit down, how to tweak your phone etc, they write just anything and give you a link to their blogs. And those things are the same thing, they just copy and paste.
Yesterday a guy was talking about Glo now offering 1GB data at 1k and somebody asked him, wait for this, somebody asked him, "is the 1GB unlimited"? I shouted my gawd. Later on I saw this same guy on another thread saying he's a techy guy.
Some can tweak imei and get loads of free data to browse and consequently they think they're now a computer expert.
And finally today, one joker failing so hard to impress told me he's an IT student trained in the USA and he will trade his iPhone for Infinix Hot Note( which according to him is the best phone in the world), I was like so ur training in the USA is supposed to make me believe your thrash?
Many questions begging answers like can you trade your iPhone (tho he didn't mention the particular one) for Infinix Hot Note? does imei tweaking make you a techy guy? why is everybody claiming techy, is it the scopes in town now? have u ever wondered how techy these guys really are? do they even know what they are talking about?

2 Likes

Re: Anatomy And the Epidemic Of Techy Guys On Nairaland. by Nobody: 10:16pm On Sep 08, 2015
I'm I part of them?
Re: Anatomy And the Epidemic Of Techy Guys On Nairaland. by lilmax(m): 10:23pm On Sep 08, 2015
They don't
Re: Anatomy And the Epidemic Of Techy Guys On Nairaland. by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:46pm On Sep 08, 2015
Honestly speaking, they don't know anything.... that's why most of them are always quick to rubbish a device just by looking at the specs alone... Lol...bunch of Jokers.

When you talk about a person who is techy, the person knows how to solve any problem he/she might encounter technology-wise... be it a mobile phone or a computer no matter the OS the device is running. He/she knows what every component is used for, software and hardware -wise. They know the Pros and Cons of devices..... because one is able to root a phone or change IMEI or do cheats doesn't make them techy IMO

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anatomy And the Epidemic Of Techy Guys On Nairaland. by Whizpeter(m): 10:55pm On Sep 08, 2015
JeffreyJamez:
Honestly speaking, they don't know anything.... that's why most of them are always quick to rubbish a device just by looking at the specs alone... Lol...bunch of Jokers.

When you talk about a person who is techy, the person knows how to solve any problem he/she might encounter technology-wise... be it a mobile phone or a computer no matter the OS the device is running. He/she knows what every component is used for, software and hardware -wise. They know the Pros and Cons of devices..... because one is able to root a phone or change IMEI or do cheats doesn't make them techy IMO

Well Said

1 Like

Re: Anatomy And the Epidemic Of Techy Guys On Nairaland. by donhils: 1:00am On Sep 09, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

Gbam. You're there.

1 Like

Re: Anatomy And the Epidemic Of Techy Guys On Nairaland. by encryptjay(m): 1:21am On Sep 09, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

On point boss: I know some lads who manage to get up to 50GB plus with imei tweaks and they see themselves as gods and phone gurus now grin
Re: Anatomy And the Epidemic Of Techy Guys On Nairaland. by Defaramade(m): 5:27am On Sep 09, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

Boss you don talk am finish, you are so on point.
Re: Anatomy And the Epidemic Of Techy Guys On Nairaland. by jworos(m): 7:44am On Sep 09, 2015
Getting 50GB on ur phone doesn't make u techy,there're lot of other stuffs, like hacking ur PSP,PS3,Xbox360 n other gaming consoles, imagine getting d new windows 10 for free among others, ppl wey no know ish bout tech go dey open mouth, only what dey c online, ppl dat claim techy i c on here v very limited scope, u v to v a broad knowledge about alot of stuffs to claim techy,no b say u just dey look phone specs online or learn how to change imei u don turn techy.
Re: Anatomy And the Epidemic Of Techy Guys On Nairaland. by holysaint1(m): 10:32pm On Sep 11, 2015
Youngpo413:
A techy makes free calls and browse the web free of charge,hacks any wifi password and will be able to make the outdated samsung galaxy s3 to run atleast on kitkat...my opinion.

s3 outdated really... undecided undecided
Re: Anatomy And the Epidemic Of Techy Guys On Nairaland. by OmichaelO: 4:32am On Sep 12, 2015
holysaint1:

s3 outdated really... undecided undecided
yes it is. only USA versions received kitkat. ..International version had to use/ are using ported rom from N7100 note 2
Re: Anatomy And the Epidemic Of Techy Guys On Nairaland. by henryobinna(m): 8:15am On Sep 12, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin

bashing of life.

what if said Iphone is iphone 3G, I bet even you would want to
Re: Anatomy And the Epidemic Of Techy Guys On Nairaland. by holysaint1(m): 3:09pm On Sep 13, 2015
OmichaelO:
yes it is. only USA versions received kitkat. ..International version had to use/ are using ported rom from N7100 note 2

bro, any die hard andy fan doesn't settle for ofw,bt cfw. and d korean version of s3 still got sme high end specs oda andy companies re tryna beat imho.
Re: Anatomy And the Epidemic Of Techy Guys On Nairaland. by OmichaelO: 8:40pm On Sep 13, 2015
holysaint1:

bro, any die hard andy fan doesn't settle for ofw,bt cfw. and d korean version of s3 still got sme high end specs oda andy companies re tryna beat imho.
I get your point bro. imo, I consider a device obsolete when it stops receiving ofw, because cfw made outta ofw is always dope (again imo) . but in terms of specs it is not.. because some OEM are still producing phones not upto device aforementioned.

ps: unofficial builds are not bad either for those that their device are completely hopeless of getting an update or for people wanting sme thing lite
Re: Anatomy And the Epidemic Of Techy Guys On Nairaland. by holysaint1(m): 10:54am On Sep 14, 2015
OmichaelO:
I get your point bro. imo, I consider a device obsolete when it stops receiving ofw, because cfw made outta ofw is always dope (again imo) . but in terms of specs it is not.. because some OEM are still producing phones not upto device aforementioned.

ps: unofficial builds are not bad either for those that their device are completely hopeless of getting an update or for people wanting sme thing lite

sad bruh, u jst ended up solidify'n my points wit dis ur post. well, u welcme. wink

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Tecno Y6 Issues / Facebook To Support SMS / Huawei G Power

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.