Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,354 members, 7,826,387 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Buhari Breaks Silence Over ‘lopsided Appointments’, Says Chibok Girls Dispersed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Breaks Silence Over ‘lopsided Appointments’, Says Chibok Girls Dispersed (2472 Views)

Senior Police Officers Protest At Force Headquarters Over Lopsided Postings / Hameed Ali May Be Arrested Over ‘lopsided' Northern Appointments / Chibok Girls Dispersed, Some Married Off & Appointing Ministers Tough- Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Breaks Silence Over ‘lopsided Appointments’, Says Chibok Girls Dispersed by 48noble(m): 7:04am On Sep 09, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari has defended his recent appointments criticised by many Nigerians as lopsided, saying he nominated people he could trust, and who had worked with him for years.
The president said the Constitution allows him full control over the choice of his closest officials, and made clear the appointments also served as reward for those who remained loyal to him for years, who refused to be lured by power or material wealth.
Mr. Buhari made the comments in an interview with BBC Hausa on Tuesday. It was his first direct response to the controversy generated by his first round of appointments.
The president also spoke on Chibok girls, military gains against Boko Haram and his administration’s war against corruption.
Mr. Buhari faced public outcry two weeks ago after naming the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, his Chief of Staff, head of Immigration and Customs, among others.
Critics slammed the decision as “lopsided”, as it became clear Mr. Buhari’s 30 nominations so far lack regional and gender balance.
An overwhelming majority of the president’s senior appointees are from the northern region of the country, where he comes from, and at least two are from his native Katsina State.
The South East has no appointee yet.
The president’s aides had earlier assured that subsequent appointments would ensure balance.
Asked by the BBC about the controversy, the president said, “This is the nature of Nigerian politics”.
“If they will do justice to me, as an elected Nigerian president, let them look at the Constitution a Nigerian president works with, there are people who will closely work with me that don’t need to be taken to the Senate,” he said of his critics, according to a translation of the BBC interview, by Daily Trust.
“If I select people whom I know quite well in my political party, whom we came all the way right from the APP, CPC and APC, and have remained together in good or bad situation, the people I have confidence in and I can trust them with any post, will that amount to anything wrong? I have been with them throughout our trying times, what then is the reward of such dedication and suffering?
“They did not defect because of positions, they did not involve themselves in the pursuit of personal gains, and they accepted their fate throughout our trying moments. What is wrong if I make you the secretary (of the federal government) because I have confidence that things will go normal?”
The president said Chibok girls, who were abducted in April 2014 by Boko Haram, had been dispersed and were kept in units at different locations.
He said many of the girls had been forced to convert to Islam.
“They have scattered them, and are being guarded at dispersed locations. Most of the girls are Christians and were forced to embrace Islam. And the sect’s cruel leaders have married some of the girls, obviously against their wish. Others have been left to practice their religion but their condition could hardly be ascertained.
“Both ground and air security personnel in the Sambisa forest could spot where the girls are, but since the insurgents have also kidnapped housewives and other women, no one could say whether they mixed them or how they dispersed them,” the president said.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/189705-buhari-breaks-silence-over-lopsided-appointments-says-chibok-girls-dispersed.html

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Breaks Silence Over ‘lopsided Appointments’, Says Chibok Girls Dispersed by divinehand2003(m): 7:06am On Sep 09, 2015
My able Presido, continue with the good work of changing naija, we are solidly behind you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Breaks Silence Over ‘lopsided Appointments’, Says Chibok Girls Dispersed by olafum1(m): 7:07am On Sep 09, 2015
Na Wetin we dey talk be that? cool
Re: Buhari Breaks Silence Over ‘lopsided Appointments’, Says Chibok Girls Dispersed by Dosinspector(m): 7:09am On Sep 09, 2015
ACN(Tinubu) and ANPP(Onu) hope una don hear? He wants to appoint those that were with him since APP to CPC 1st so make una cool down,bt one question for Buhari is would CPC alone have been able to bring you to power? And all those ur close friends did they spend more than Amechi,Okorocha,Fashola during ur campaign? Bt be its as it may,u were right 4 selecting those u trust,lesson 4 Amechi and co next time try spend less on somebody u barely kw and who doesn't even trust you.Only on BBC hausa that baba says the Facts not even on NTA or Radio nigeria,I think he trust BBC hausa more

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Breaks Silence Over ‘lopsided Appointments’, Says Chibok Girls Dispersed by Imortal001: 7:10am On Sep 09, 2015
PMB, always on point! may the almighty lord guide and direct you to lead this country WELL!
Re: Buhari Breaks Silence Over ‘lopsided Appointments’, Says Chibok Girls Dispersed by Luckylife(m): 7:16am On Sep 09, 2015
So your am for no body and for every body meant nothing to u, just a post campaign promise abi?a leopard is always a leopard.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Breaks Silence Over ‘lopsided Appointments’, Says Chibok Girls Dispersed by koolpal(m): 7:16am On Sep 09, 2015
chikena chikena 10/10... wailers market hath open ooo
Re: Buhari Breaks Silence Over ‘lopsided Appointments’, Says Chibok Girls Dispersed by 48noble(m): 7:17am On Sep 09, 2015
Yeye dey smell..Chibok girls dispersed! To where...husband house?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Breaks Silence Over ‘lopsided Appointments’, Says Chibok Girls Dispersed by godoluwa(m): 7:18am On Sep 09, 2015
issokay
Re: Buhari Breaks Silence Over ‘lopsided Appointments’, Says Chibok Girls Dispersed by Blakjewelry(m): 7:19am On Sep 09, 2015
Some how you have to taste what gej tasted to know that ruling a country like Nigeria is not easy.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Breaks Silence Over ‘lopsided Appointments’, Says Chibok Girls Dispersed by mrvitalis(m): 7:23am On Sep 09, 2015
Baba ride one we are behind u... . Only fools want understand how government runs.
Re: Buhari Breaks Silence Over ‘lopsided Appointments’, Says Chibok Girls Dispersed by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 7:24am On Sep 09, 2015
Dr Ogbonnaya Onu has been with APP to ANPP since 1999, supported and campaigned for Buhari in three of his attempt on presidency and yet he wasn't worthy to be rewarded.

Mr President, your excuses are lame though I have nothing against your appointments, I was just reacting to your bigoted excuses.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Breaks Silence Over ‘lopsided Appointments’, Says Chibok Girls Dispersed by Lionpikin(m): 7:26am On Sep 09, 2015
I dn't really have much problem with whom he appoints if it will lead to a better Nigeria, althoug there are some people that have been supporting him since 2003 that needs to be rewarded like Dr Onu....So, if the Chibok girls have been scattered around Sambisa forest, does that mean they can't be rescued?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Breaks Silence Over ‘lopsided Appointments’, Says Chibok Girls Dispersed by Nobody: 7:28am On Sep 09, 2015
And they say this guy has no certificate? Can GEJ say all this without reading from a paper? PHD holder indeed..

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Breaks Silence Over ‘lopsided Appointments’, Says Chibok Girls Dispersed by sekzy99(m): 7:30am On Sep 09, 2015
As I don't have friends and families to wish me happy birthday as most of them will forget.

I have decided to wish myself a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Sept 9 pikin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Breaks Silence Over ‘lopsided Appointments’, Says Chibok Girls Dispersed by dejavski(m): 7:31am On Sep 09, 2015
48noble:

If I select people whom I know quite well in my political party, whom we came all the way right from the APP, CPC and APC, and have remained together in good or bad situation, the people I have confidence in and I can trust them with any post, will that amount to anything wrong? I have been with them throughout our trying times, what then is the reward of such dedication and suffering?
“They did not defect because of positions

ACN peeps una don hear? so make una stay one corner dey sip kunu

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Breaks Silence Over ‘lopsided Appointments’, Says Chibok Girls Dispersed by kuuljay(m): 7:34am On Sep 09, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:
Dr Ogbonnaya Onu has been with APP to ANPP since 1999, supported and campaigned for Buhari in three of his attempt on presidency and yet he wasn't worthy to be rewarded.

Mr President, your excuses are lame though I have nothing against your appointments, I was just reacting to your bigoted excuses.
he said people he can trust!!! trust!!! trust!!! do you know what that means

1 Like

Re: Buhari Breaks Silence Over ‘lopsided Appointments’, Says Chibok Girls Dispersed by lurther: 7:34am On Sep 09, 2015
E be like say... they want to tell another story again.

E be like say they want dance... Gaala na the new dance again ooo.

Daddy please tell us a story... is it true that the tortoise fell from up and broke his back?
Re: Buhari Breaks Silence Over ‘lopsided Appointments’, Says Chibok Girls Dispersed by Rawani: 7:37am On Sep 09, 2015
For the umpteenth time - nobody cares where the appointees come from unless it's a constitutional violation which PMB confirmed is not the case.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Breaks Silence Over ‘lopsided Appointments’, Says Chibok Girls Dispersed by Demdem(m): 7:39am On Sep 09, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

shut ur trap. Onu will be well rewarded afterall close to 80% of appointments havent been made. Besides, Did Onu complain to u? Why delving on what u know little or nothing about. Face ur killer party and leave internal dealings of APC to APC biko.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Breaks Silence Over ‘lopsided Appointments’, Says Chibok Girls Dispersed by FreeGlobe(f): 7:48am On Sep 09, 2015
[quote author=divinehand2003 post=37819894]My able Presido, continue with the good work of changing naija, we are solidly behind you.[/quot

Yes oh. I support Buhari to destroy Nigeria

https://www.nairaland.com/2586369/economic-disaster-nigeria-kicked-out
Re: Buhari Breaks Silence Over ‘lopsided Appointments’, Says Chibok Girls Dispersed by FreeGlobe(f): 7:52am On Sep 09, 2015
This Buhari must realize that without the southerners who injected life into his campaign, he would still be planning to try his luck in 2019. I laugh at the party's that collasped into APC.. Buhari has simply gone back to his APP, CPC and northerners in other party's. This is what you get for voting an ethnic supremacist as President. His only confidants are from the north
Re: Buhari Breaks Silence Over ‘lopsided Appointments’, Says Chibok Girls Dispersed by DONMAYOR19(m): 7:52am On Sep 09, 2015
so no hope for driver amaechi and thief-nubu be that o. don't forget they just started working with you for like 2 years ago.

president of the north for real.
Re: Buhari Breaks Silence Over ‘lopsided Appointments’, Says Chibok Girls Dispersed by Nobody: 7:53am On Sep 09, 2015
Dosinspector:
ACN(Tinubu) and ANPP(Onu) hope una don hear? He wants to appoint those that were with him since APP to CPC 1st so make una cool down,bt one question for Buhari is would CPC alone have been able to bring you to power? And all those ur close friends did they spend more than Amechi,Okorocha,Fashola during ur campaign? Bt be its as it may,u were right 4 selecting those u trust,lesson 4 Amechi and co next time try spend less on somebody u barely kw and who doesn't even trust you.Only on BBC hausa that baba says the Facts not even on NTA or Radio nigeria,I think he trust BBC hausa more

Buhari is too sincere. He say things as it is. That is what i love about him.
However going forward, he should balance the appointments.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Breaks Silence Over ‘lopsided Appointments’, Says Chibok Girls Dispersed by tuoyoojo(m): 7:54am On Sep 09, 2015
Ok

This is a very good lesson to the likes of amaechi and co. Who used money from their state to finance a campaign , only for them to be dumped when times to share the goodies have come

If buhari nominates some one with corruption allegations that only goes to rubbish all the times he spent looking for "clean" people to put in his cabinet.

After eating the orange and sucking out its juice, what do u do to the husk?

#useanddump
Re: Buhari Breaks Silence Over ‘lopsided Appointments’, Says Chibok Girls Dispersed by DONMAYOR19(m): 7:55am On Sep 09, 2015
tobimillar:
And they say this guy has no certificate? Can GEJ say all this without reading from a paper? PHD holder indeed..
no o, shabi na GEJ create new country like West Germany and even appoint Michelle as their president. 1diot.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Breaks Silence Over ‘lopsided Appointments’, Says Chibok Girls Dispersed by Nobody: 7:55am On Sep 09, 2015
FreeGlobe:
This Buhari must realize that without the southerners who injected life into his campaign, he would still be planning to try his luck in 2019. I laugh at the party's that collasped into APC.. Buhari has simply gone back to his APP, CPC and northerners in other party's. This is what you get for voting an ethnic supremacist as President. His only confidants are from the north

Buhari is not an ethnic supremacist. he is only rewarding loyalty. That is why i believe no matter the propaganda by rivers PDP and Wike against Amaechi, Buhari will still nominate amaechi into his cabinent. Buhari value loyalty not ethnicity.
Re: Buhari Breaks Silence Over ‘lopsided Appointments’, Says Chibok Girls Dispersed by Realdeals(m): 7:55am On Sep 09, 2015
There are position Buhari cannot give someone he didn't know
Re: Buhari Breaks Silence Over ‘lopsided Appointments’, Says Chibok Girls Dispersed by Nobody: 7:56am On Sep 09, 2015
DONMAYOR19:
so no hope for driver amaechi and thief-nubu be that o. don't forget they just started working with you for like 2 years ago.

president of the north for real.

Buhari is not an ethnic supremacist. he is only rewarding loyalty. That is why i believe no matter that propaganda by rivers PDP and Wike against Amaechi, Buhari will still nominate amaechi into his cabinent. Buhari value loyalty not ethnicity.
Re: Buhari Breaks Silence Over ‘lopsided Appointments’, Says Chibok Girls Dispersed by Jwhizzy(m): 7:57am On Sep 09, 2015
Question to all critics of the 'lopsided' appointments. If you're elected President of Nigeria, what will be your basis for selecting people to man the 'core' roles in your cabinet?
1. Trusted and capable friends/acquaintances
2. Federal character
3. Recommendations from politicians
4. Others (please specify)
Re: Buhari Breaks Silence Over ‘lopsided Appointments’, Says Chibok Girls Dispersed by Nobody: 8:02am On Sep 09, 2015
Luckylife:
So your am for no body and for every body meant nothing to u, just a post campaign promise abi?a leopard is always a leopard.

Buhari is not an ethnic supremacist. he is only rewarding loyalty. That is why i believe no matter the propaganda by rivers PDP and Wike against Amaechi, Buhari will still nominate amaechi into his cabinent. Buhari value loyalty not ethnicity.
I respect him for that.

" A leader who abandon, destroy or kill those who are devoted and loyal to him does not inspire devotion and loyalty" Tyrion Lannister, Games of Throne .

Buhari is just being a good leader who appreciate loyalty.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What I Saw On Facebook This Afternoon. / A Biafra Protest In Abuja Is A Recipe For Chaos / Goodluck Jonathan May Appear Before EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.