Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,875 members, 7,821,043 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

Chibok Girls Dispersed, Some Married Off & Appointing Ministers Tough- Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chibok Girls Dispersed, Some Married Off & Appointing Ministers Tough- Buhari (29819 Views)

Buhari Breaks Silence Over ‘lopsided Appointments’, Says Chibok Girls Dispersed / Patrick Obahiagbon Reacts To Buhari's Delay In Appointing Ministers / Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa Files Suit Against Buhari Over Delay In Appointing Ministers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chibok Girls Dispersed, Some Married Off & Appointing Ministers Tough- Buhari by Sveen: 10:13am On Sep 10, 2015
[img]http://cdn1.vanguardngr.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/319x250xchibok-girls-e1429097916187.png.pagespeed.ic._aVphLu47l.webp[/img]
Some of the abducted Chibok girls.

By Clifford Ndujihe (with agency report)

LAGOS — MORE than 513 days after the abduction of the Chibok Secondary School girls in Borno State, hopes of rescuing the girls en bloc vaporized as President Muhammadu Buhari, Tuesday, disclosed that they have been dispersed and some of them, especially Christians, married off against their faith.

President Buhari made the comments in an interview on BBC Hausa service on Tuesday.

Asked if he received any information about the whereabouts of the kidnapped Chibok girls, he said: “They (Boko Haram insurgents) have scattered them, and (they) are being guarded at dispersed locations. Most of the girls are Christians and were forced to embrace Islam. The sect’s cruel leaders have married some of the girls, obviously against their wish. Others have been left to practice their religion but their condition could hardly be ascertained.

“Both ground and air security personnel in the Sambisa forest could spot where the girls are, but since the insurgents have also kidnapped housewives and other women, no one could say whether they mixed them or how they dispersed them. But efforts are being intensified and as people know, the three neighbouring governments of Cameroon, Chad, and Niger are helping us since these suicide bombers are now going to their areas and detonating the bombs in mosques and other places.”

On his efforts to check the Boko Haram insurgency, Buhari said: “One of the decisions we took soon after we came into office was to change the service chiefs and we overhauled the infantry. We mandated the military chiefs to change the infantry, re-train them, equip them with adequate weapons and put trained and qualified commanders for the soldiers. The three states of Yobe, Borno and Adamawa know the successes being recorded now.”

Locals must help fight Boko Haram

Told that despite this success of the military, suicide bombers have continued to strike, the President fingered the international dimension of the insurgency and stressed the need for the support of local people in the war.

“Boko Haram members have pledged their allegiance to ISIS — an insurgent group from the Middle East, with enough money and its members were brainwashed into killing innocent people, including Al-Shabbab around Somalia, and Al-Qa’eda from Yemen, plus the ISIS itself around Syria and Iraq. If you can recall, ISIS even went to mosques in Saudi Arabia and killed people on about three to five occasions not to talk of doing same in Nigeria. So, the biggest problem here is how they brainwashed young people, including young girls, who go to mosques, churches, markets, motor parks and detonate bombs, kill themselves and other civilians. How we are going to overcome this is going back to the traditional security apparatus — community leaders, neighbours, district heads, emirs, who should begin to identify new faces in their localities and ask them where they come from and what brought them. They can identify them in either markets, or any other place. This is what will help us in that regard so that those planning to undertake suicide missions could be identified and they would be dealt with appropriately,” he said.

I appointed people I can trust

In the interview, Buhari also defended his recent appointments criticized by many Nigerians as lopsided, saying he nominated people he could trust, and who had worked with him for years.

An overwhelming majority of the President’s senior appointees are from the northern region of the country, where he comes from, and about 33 per cent of the appointments is from his native Katsina State. The South East has no appointee yet.

Asked why his appointments are lopsided, he said: “This is the nature of Nigerian politics. If they will do justice to me, as an elected Nigerian president, let them look at the Constitution a Nigerian president works with; there are people who will closely work with me that don’t need to be taken to the Senate. If I select people whom I know quite well in my political party, whom we came all the way right from the APP, CPC and APC, and have remained together in good or bad situation, the people I have confidence in and I can trust them with any post, will that amount to anything wrong? I have been with them throughout our trying times, what then is the reward of such dedication and suffering? They did not defect because of positions, they did not involve themselves in the pursuit of personal gains, and they accepted their fate throughout our trying moments. What is wrong if I make you the secretary (of the federal government) because I have confidence that things will go normal?”

NNPC, big theatre of theft

On his anti-graft war and whether he has made some recoveries since he came to power, the President identified the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) as the biggest arena for stealing the country’s funds.

His words: “The biggest area of stealing of Nigeria’s funds was through NNPC, which is the apex oil selling corporation. That was why we dissolved their board and brought someone who knows the oil sector very well, but who is not from NNPC and entrusted him with the leadership of the NNPC. And instead of the eight major departments, four were liquidated and four continue to exist. This is because, for the past 10 years, the crude oil stealing has been going on using some vessels. By law, their owners, captains and where they are taking the crude must be known.

“So, the method for the crude oil stealing was that those involved shipped the crude through smaller vessels and then transfer the crude to the larger vessels at distant locations in the ocean, before they head to other countries. Some of them carry the crude but later change the destination.

“Our new approach is to get support from European countries, the US and China. Those doing the bunkering, you need to know the amount first and the banks they deposit the monies, etc. These are the things we are doing currently. And you know, those developed countries are strict on evidences and you have to show the evidences of such cases before they can assist you. If you recall, during the military regimes, such people were arrested, thoroughly interrogated and arraigned before the courts with evidences.

“But that is impossible now. It is democracy and even the foreign countries, where the money is being taken to, practice democracy. The companies involved in buying the crude and the banks that kept the money would be identified so that we would determine whether they are Nigerians or not; whether the stolen crude and its quantity was actually taken from here, sold with the Nigerian name and how what accrued to Nigeria was diverted.

“So, the situation is a complex one, but we are getting support from governments of those countries, including their security agencies. When we get the relevant documents, we would bring them (culprits) back to our courts and try them. We would then show the evidence to the world that the crude oil they traded was actually stolen or shipped with Nigerian name but later changed the papers and took away the money, instead of depositing them into the Central Bank of Nigeria.”

Asked when he would prosecute the looters given his recent promise that within weeks, Nigerians would witness the prosecution of such looters in the courts, he responded: “Actually, we are at the verge of doing that. I have just explained the difficulties involved. In the past, around 1984, the process we underwent to recover the stolen monies was different from the one we are adopting now. It was a military regime at that time, but now, ideologies of the countries involved is that until you are proved guilty, you remain innocent. And that is what we have been trying to establish; the actual identity of the people, where they took the crude to, did they really pay back the money to the CBN or to the pocket of some individuals? Was the entire crude shipped or part of it? This is not an easy thing and we have never realized its complexity until recently when some foreign countries agreed to support our course.”

Appointing ministers tough

The President who reassured that his cabinet would be in place before the end of the month, however, disclosed that he is finding the process difficult to finish because of the massive rot in the polity.

“The process is difficult to finish. So, we would continue the screening to come up with people that deserve to hold the positions. This is because, what I see daily in terms of the damage inflicted on Nigeria in the last 10 years is enormous. Only God knows its magnitude,” he said.
Asked if there were names that he earlier lined up for appointments that he later discovered their complicity and then changed his mind, Buhari said: ‘’There are people that deserve to hold the position because of their knowledge in either financial issues or oil sector or even in governance. But you discover that in one way or the other, and whether they knew it or not, they were dragged to such unwholesome practices.

Bringing such people will be tantamount to leaving your doors open when you have gone to rest in your apartment. Putting such people in either financial, petrol or works ministry would be dangerous because behind the scene, some people control a person. They would be dictating to them with a threat to award them contracts.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/chibok-girls-dispersed-some-married-off-appointing-ministers-tough-says-buhari/#sthash.aaQ0ZI2j.dpuf

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chibok Girls Dispersed, Some Married Off & Appointing Ministers Tough- Buhari by TippyTop(m): 10:20am On Sep 10, 2015
Everytime Buhari gives interview, trust the dullard to speak to BBC Hausa. Just shows who his target audience are. No need using a medium we all can relate to, I hope his SW slaves have started taking lessons on how to speak Hausa.

132 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Chibok Girls Dispersed, Some Married Off & Appointing Ministers Tough- Buhari by yatch360: 10:21am On Sep 10, 2015
Na wah o

I believe nothing is impossible. Someday they wld return home...only that it wld forever haunt the governments that they failed them

Yatch 360

2 Likes

Re: Chibok Girls Dispersed, Some Married Off & Appointing Ministers Tough- Buhari by kennyman2000(m): 10:23am On Sep 10, 2015
Hmmm.... So sad..

Check my signature for ur customised wristband
Re: Chibok Girls Dispersed, Some Married Off & Appointing Ministers Tough- Buhari by Anoruo(m): 10:35am On Sep 10, 2015
not again!!!

1 Like

Re: Chibok Girls Dispersed, Some Married Off & Appointing Ministers Tough- Buhari by sukkot: 10:35am On Sep 10, 2015
hmmm
Re: Chibok Girls Dispersed, Some Married Off & Appointing Ministers Tough- Buhari by Burger01(m): 10:35am On Sep 10, 2015
Yes. That's true my president. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Chibok Girls Dispersed, Some Married Off & Appointing Ministers Tough- Buhari by tintingz(m): 10:35am On Sep 10, 2015
Well said Mr President.

Boko Haram are evil, Islam/Muslims reject them.

I pray these chibok girls are found, there's still hope.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chibok Girls Dispersed, Some Married Off & Appointing Ministers Tough- Buhari by playcharles(m): 10:36am On Sep 10, 2015
hmmm

1 Like

Re: Chibok Girls Dispersed, Some Married Off & Appointing Ministers Tough- Buhari by BCISLTD: 10:36am On Sep 10, 2015
angry GEJ goofed by allowing too much time pass b4 acknowledging and going after girls...

PMB is a man with a plan.

Growing up the fear of my dad's whip was enough to keep us in line....

PMB body language is that of no nonsense

Check my signature Call or whatsapp

https://www.nairaland.com/2582274/toks-2008-toyota-fj-cruiser

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chibok Girls Dispersed, Some Married Off & Appointing Ministers Tough- Buhari by Swagk101(m): 10:36am On Sep 10, 2015
Asked when he would prosecute the looters given his recent promise that within weeks, Nigerians would witness the prosecution of such looters in the courts
Can't wait to see the frog eyed Diezani in Kirikiri
missionmex:
Thought they said no more boko harams camp again in nigeria, how come this girls have not been found?
Did u read the post @ all?
Re: Chibok Girls Dispersed, Some Married Off & Appointing Ministers Tough- Buhari by Musharraf: 10:36am On Sep 10, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Chibok Girls Dispersed, Some Married Off & Appointing Ministers Tough- Buhari by Nobody: 10:36am On Sep 10, 2015
NNPC, big theatre of theft

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chibok Girls Dispersed, Some Married Off & Appointing Ministers Tough- Buhari by lilbazy(m): 10:36am On Sep 10, 2015
Now am beginning to comprehend buhari,He is absolutely dull. He was criticizing the former govt for incompetency while he is more incompetent than the word incompetent itself!!! Our economy is Crumbling drastically,investors are running away,Same old story on security...He has denied every of his campaign promises.Now I know a Phd in yoruba is better than an olevel dropout.

84 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Chibok Girls Dispersed, Some Married Off & Appointing Ministers Tough- Buhari by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 10, 2015
[size=18pt]True lies [/size]

You idiota! You campaigned on the promise to locate and return the girls and not to tell us they are missing!

Fool

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Chibok Girls Dispersed, Some Married Off & Appointing Ministers Tough- Buhari by Burger01(m): 10:37am On Sep 10, 2015
TippyTop:
Everytime Buhari gives interview, trust the dullard to speak to BBC Hausa. Just shows who his target audience are. No need using a medium we all can relate to, I hope his SW slaves have started taking lessons on how to speak Hausa.
Shut up meathead. You are the dullard here. None of your lineage can ever compare to Buhari...NONE in eon of years to come undecided

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chibok Girls Dispersed, Some Married Off & Appointing Ministers Tough- Buhari by Symphony007: 10:37am On Sep 10, 2015
How convinent....they are now disperse but before you were elected "you will get them in 3 days". history will judge this man and his disgusting party harsly for turning this tragedy into the greatest political ruse in the history of nigeria. Shameless bunch!!

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chibok Girls Dispersed, Some Married Off & Appointing Ministers Tough- Buhari by ERODEDEAST(f): 10:37am On Sep 10, 2015
Nothing new, SAME OLD NEWS

Besides

ISLAM IS CANCER

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Chibok Girls Dispersed, Some Married Off & Appointing Ministers Tough- Buhari by Justicealh3(m): 10:37am On Sep 10, 2015
In GOD" i 3rut 4 ya BABA. Just do it slowly but surely.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chibok Girls Dispersed, Some Married Off & Appointing Ministers Tough- Buhari by paulolee(m): 10:37am On Sep 10, 2015
Entered d page to read good news n update abt d chibok gals onli to see d apc normal lines n news filled wt propaganda n true lies..
In summary he is sayin dt he can no longa bring back d same gals he promised to bring back during his political campaigns...
Knew d chiboke saga was a big scam from d start n especially wen GEJ said he dnt kno wr d gals are n d moment oby n her fellow hypocrites killed n dump dier daily #bringbkourgals# campaign after apc won d election...
Abt his ministerial list, its already signed,sealed n delivered from d start n he is just playing d waiting game on Nigeria...who Eva he appoints its not my bizz, I just want an advance n betta Nigeria unlike d previous years..
Politics is a very crazy game n dts Y m not a fan of any party, I just support a good Nigeria..
LAST-BULLET- D POWER SUPPLY AV DROPPED DRASTICALLY IN MY AREA...
HAD LITE ONLI ONCE LAST WEEK N AVNT SEEN LIGHT TRU OUT DIS WEEK....
CANT BLAME PHCN.....WUNT FACE BUHARI....,CANT BLAME ABODE....BT WUD RAIN MY GRIEVANCES N BLAMES ON SOME FOOLS N GULLIBLE NIGERIANS DT AV BIN SINGING D PRAISES OF D OVERHYPED SETS OF PHCN BECAUSE DEY ENJOY JUST FEW DAYS OF LIGHT (AFTER PAYING BILLS) WEN SOME SMALLER COUNTRIES AR TALKING ABT YEARS OF LIGHT...
XO MANY PARTS IN NIGERIA AR STILL SUFFERING FROM TOTAL BLACKOUTS, PLS STOP D CELEBRATIONS N LET D GOVERNMENTS N PHCN WRK HARDER TO IMPROVE D POWER SECTOR OTHERWISE UR FOOLISH CELEBRATIONS WUD STOP THIER LAZY BONES FROM WORKING N WUD ENRICH DIER GREEDY POCKETS sad lipsrsealed

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chibok Girls Dispersed, Some Married Off & Appointing Ministers Tough- Buhari by ohimi(m): 10:37am On Sep 10, 2015
cheap campaign propaganda

[img][/img] grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

18 Likes

Re: Chibok Girls Dispersed, Some Married Off & Appointing Ministers Tough- Buhari by elohorayodele: 10:38am On Sep 10, 2015
is this supposed to be breaking news from the dauradullard?

pls this gworo chewing illiterate president should tell us something we don't know already.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chibok Girls Dispersed, Some Married Off & Appointing Ministers Tough- Buhari by adjoviomole(m): 10:38am On Sep 10, 2015
[color=#000099][/color]PDP is a party formed to wrestle power from the military, while the APC is a party of various individual's with different vision,goal,desire and motive set up to wrestle power from the PDP.
Re: Chibok Girls Dispersed, Some Married Off & Appointing Ministers Tough- Buhari by Nobody: 10:38am On Sep 10, 2015
In fighting against evil.....always be prepared for evil to do its worst.

But the most important thing in dealing with evil is not how many times we are defeated by it, or how terrible it seems to be, but our response to evil.

We must respond to the evil of the missing Chibok girls by standing for good government, standing for justice for all, standing against corruption, and standing against the wrong thing.....even if it is against our interest.

For the APC , and by extension every other political party and indeed every other Nigerian., we must not be discouraged by whatever Boko Haram does. We must not run away from evil....because evil can run faster than us. Rather....we must stand and fight, in our own way, against the things which nourish that evil.

And finally, in fighting evil....we must recall the nature of evil. Evil has no face. It has many faces. It is a part of us and not a part of us. It cannot be fought with sticks, stones, guns or even sometimes laws. It can only be fought with a persistent, divinely assisted determination not to give in, and not to give up.....but to keep on fighting....no matter how many times we are struck down.

That is what the Chibok tragedy teaches me.....that evil is real, and that while it may claim a victory.....it can never ever claim my resolve.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chibok Girls Dispersed, Some Married Off & Appointing Ministers Tough- Buhari by Billygee2u: 10:38am On Sep 10, 2015
Nigerians are wiser than they thought

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chibok Girls Dispersed, Some Married Off & Appointing Ministers Tough- Buhari by Nobody: 10:38am On Sep 10, 2015
Burger01:

Shut up meathead. You are the dullard here

Fool

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chibok Girls Dispersed, Some Married Off & Appointing Ministers Tough- Buhari by Berrylite: 10:38am On Sep 10, 2015
This man and his party are improved version of scammers. What happen to election manifestoes and promises APC watch dogs on this forum won't bark now oooooo.....One by one, ur "baba" will be recending on his promises and you will be left with nothing to bark again.. shocked

Remove excess fat from the tummy, arm or thigh within 9 days using our natural weight reduction therapy called CLEAN 9.
whatsapp 0.8.0.6.7.2.4.8.2.7.8 call: 0.9.0.9.4.0.8.8.9.1.4

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Chibok Girls Dispersed, Some Married Off & Appointing Ministers Tough- Buhari by 151487made(m): 10:39am On Sep 10, 2015
which kind president go dey go bbc hausa for interview wen u no say nigeria na english speakin country.

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Chibok Girls Dispersed, Some Married Off & Appointing Ministers Tough- Buhari by xclusivelyurs(m): 10:39am On Sep 10, 2015
Jst as I tot
Re: Chibok Girls Dispersed, Some Married Off & Appointing Ministers Tough- Buhari by Hallams(m): 10:39am On Sep 10, 2015
why not on NTA or AIT?

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chibok Girls Dispersed, Some Married Off & Appointing Ministers Tough- Buhari by hensben(m): 10:39am On Sep 10, 2015
Ok
Re: Chibok Girls Dispersed, Some Married Off & Appointing Ministers Tough- Buhari by missionmex(m): 10:40am On Sep 10, 2015
Thought they said no more boko harams camp again in nigeria, how come this girls have not been found?

10 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sagay To Buhari: Don’t Attend Giadom-Led NEC Meeting / Dalung Dumps APC: Developments In Your Party Conflicts With My Core Principles / Isaac Fayose Mocks Dino Melaye After He Lost PDP Ticket (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.